View Poll Results: Dawson's Creek. Who do you prefer: Jen or Joey?
Jen 2 14.29%
Joey 5 35.71%
What the **** is Dawson's Creek? 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 12:53 PM   #16  
Parrothead

Default The friends issue...

I meant to post on this the other day, but ended up running out of time. I'm in a unique situation i guess because there is a group of about 10 or 15 that have stayed really close for the past 12 years. The group started in High school with 5 girls and 2 guys and has expanded as we've met more people in college and gotten married. Its funny because all of the spouses have been "approved" of by the whole group and assimilated in (now it sounds like a cult). We've gone through our ups and downs, but for the most part the longest I've gone without talking to someone in the group is a couple months. We're also somewhat scattered now, but we get together whenever we can. The ranch I always talk about is one of our favorite places to meet up. I think next year we're all planning on going to Mexico for a big trip. I feel really blessed that we've made it this long, through deaths, marriages, and births. There are a few friends I've been close to that have drifted apart, but my group makes up for it. I even had a bridesmaid that quit talking to me a few months before the wedding for no reason. It was really weird. I was sad that the friendship was over, but I had to move on anyway. Hearing all of ya'lls friendship stories makes me realize how normal it is for friends to fade in and out sometimes.

Well, I've rambled long enough!
I'll try to make it back soon!
Kay
Old 07-09-2001, 01:28 PM   #17  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hey!

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! You guys! I can’t believe it. WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?!?! We went to look at the one off the small lake and the house was not in good shape. We hated the layout anyway. Oh, and the hot tub advertised? Well, it’s cracked in a dozen places and the cover is trashed. I can’t believe she advertised it with a hot tub. So we looked at 4 or 5 other houses Sat and we decided to make a bid on the one we are buying. It’s a raised ranch ~ two levels. There are two big open areas downstairs with a full bedroom and ¾ bath. There’s also a cool wood burning stove. Yes, it does have regular gas heating too. Upstairs is a big kitchen, eating area, living area Master Bedroom with ¾ bath, 2 smaller bedrooms and a full bath with a jet tub!! Kind of makes up for no hot tub eh? There are two decks on the top level that overlook the mountains. There are trees kind of in the way, but we are going to have some beautiful sunsets! The inspection will be this week and if all goes well we will close on August 10. We would take possession on the 13th. I’m freaking out now b/c I have to pack and my schedule is a nightmare between now and then. It’s exciting but very overwhelming at the same time. I’ll be really excited once we get in the house! Needless to say, we didn’t make it to the Renaissance Festival Saturday.

Kirsty: Thanks. I’ll probably be behind on all the conversations for the day which really bums me out. I’m betting I’ll be posting late at night or early morning. We’ll see, I will really miss your support and humor during the day and my time at night is so limited I guess I’ll have to work it out huh?

Ali: Retail absolutely counts! When I quit retail and got a regular office job is when I gained 30-40 pounds before I decided to do something about it.

Jen: You go girl! Bare that button

I have been a bad WW~not following plan at all. I can tell a difference b/c I'm feeling more tired and have less energy. I really need to get back on track but I just don't feel like it. Ever feel that way? Gotta run.

"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -- Marie Curie
Old 07-09-2001, 01:34 PM   #18  

Brenda!

CONGRATS! on the house, that is wonderful!! You will be very busy for the rest of this summer!
Old 07-09-2001, 01:45 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

BRENDA... YAH FOR YOU! I felt the same way when we bought our house. It was so exciting, yet I was super scared!!! I am sooo happy for you... when's the house warming party??? OH I would LOVE to come!!! You are really going to LOVE being a homeowner... I assume you are renting now! I love the fact that everything is MINE and I can change it if I want to!!! Oh and I sooooo happy for you!!!

Tonya... I pulled up the recipe thread and added a couple, since you said you needed some help!!
Old 07-09-2001, 01:58 PM   #20  

Good morning everyone!

Jen 2 ~ Welcome, you will love it here, a great bunch!!

Trish ~ It is too bad about the IP, we love hearing from you, post when you can!

Lolly ~ Glad your guy won, but I am happy the games are finally done, it was interrupting my soap!!!

Kay ~ Good luck on your tests, I am sure you will do just fine!

Sarah ~ You are doing just wonderful, maintanence will be no problem, just have to find your groove, and at what points you can maintain at!

Hi Kierie!

Jen ~ Your camping outting sounds great, I bet it was a wilty weekend though, it sure has been hot and humid here!!

Ali ~ Have fun on your day off! I am glad you love your summer job, it makes life so much more enjoyable!

Kirsty ~ Scotland sounds wonderful, it is nice to have something to look forward to. Hopefully the next few days don't drag on too long!

Hello to all the lurkers out there!!

I had a good weekend, and had last Friday off, did lots of cleaning around the house and played with my children. We had a company picnic for my DH on Friday night and took our kids ATVing on Sunday, they had a great time. Eating hasn't been too bad for me. We did have pizza last night though, so I am trying to watch it this week. Honestly it is so hot here, eating is the farthest thing from my mind, so hopefully I lose this week, I have 1 month before my SIL wedding, and I still would like to lose close to 10 pounds, hopefully I can get at least 5 pounds off. I am starting to do Tae Bo at night, would like to walk but the humidity here, even at 8 p.m. is terrible, so walking is on hold. My treadmill doesn't come in until the beginning of August, so video workouts are my answer now.

Work is slow and boring right now, students and faculty are on summer break, so quiet is the word for the summer here.

My goal for the week is drinking my water, in addition to keeping my points in check. I am also trying to make some healthful dinner choices too. Need some new receipes, kind of in a rut lately.

On the friends issue that was brought up....I have several friends that are fun to go shopping with or out for drinks occasionally, but really have 2 very close friends that I share very personal things with. One has been my best friend since middle school, and she even lives 1500 miles away, and we are still very close, the other has been a very close friend for about 8 years, and happens to be my SIL, she lives very close. I agree with whoever said, "you should feel lucky to have at 1 or 2 very close friends in your lifetime!". It is very true that the high school/college friends for the most part drift away, also the friends that don't have similar lifestyles to yours drift away too. I have friends that aren't married or have children, and I honestly don't really enjoy going out with them, we just don't have much in common any more. They are into going to the "meat market" clubs, and I just don't do that, not looking for "Mr. Right" anymore!

WOW! Am I a rambler today or what!! DH is working third shift this week, so the kids and I are on our own again. I have so much going on this month and next. My SIL bridal shower and bachelorette party is the 21st of July, (so is my 30th birthday!), then we have relatives in town from NJ for two weeks in August, plus SIL wedding is August 11th. My cousin is having her baby shower July 28th, and the Matron of Honor in my SIL wedding and myself still have to shop for the bridal shower and get the gag gifts for the bachelorette party. Plus we have final fittings for the dresses this Sat. Holy cow! I'm running out of time!!!

Anyway, I am boring you all to death, better go....later!!!
Old 07-09-2001, 02:01 PM   #21  
Bono Fanatic!

Brenda - Congratulations!!!! That is sooooo exciting!
A view of the mountains sounds wonderful - I live in such a flat part of the country!!

Tonya - Your life sure is busy, huh?! It sure makes it harder to eat well and exercise when life is so hectic, but it sounds like you are doing wonderfully. Hang in there!

Trish - It is a small world. I live in the city, but grew up in the south suburbs. I used to go to Peoria in high school for speech tournaments (stayed at Jumors!) Congrats on your pregnancy! Enjoy it!

I am doing so well so far today, and for whatever reason, have a newly positive outlook on things. I had a rough winter with a lot of major changes in my personal life occurring, so I am not surprised that I gained weight, but I just don't want to use that as an excuse. I need to get back on track and lose the few pounds I have gained. Today it all seems possible!

Jen2
Old 07-09-2001, 02:02 PM   #22  

Jen ~

Thanks for pulling up the receipe thread, those are great receipes you posted. I am going to try them asap!!!
Old 07-09-2001, 02:03 PM   #23  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Brenda!

Congratulations!!!!!! That is great!!!! I am so happy for you. I also love being a home owner and know you will too!!!! I think it is so strange how you just know when you find the right one. That is how it was with us and our house. Oh, I am so excited for you...

Jen: Thank you for pulling up the recepie thread. I was also in a food rut. I forgot how much good stuff was on there.

Hello to eveyone else.

Trish
Old 07-09-2001, 02:10 PM   #24  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Jen K: I did speech in HS and College. I bet you came to the Bradley tournament. Who did you compete for? I went to Glenbard South, but that was a long time ago. Then I did speech in college for ISU. Hubby did speech in college for Bradley. Very small world! P.S., I am jelous. I wish I lived downtown. But hubby is a Peoria boy, so I don't see that happening.

See you all - -Trish
Old 07-09-2001, 02:32 PM   #25  

Default I can feel the excitement!

Brenda - I am so ecxcited for you!!!! Let us know if the house is listed anywhere on the internet. I would love to check it out. try realtor.comand ziprealty.com. You are going to love it. It sounds wonderful!!!

Kay - Glad to hear from you again. Your group of friends sounds like fun. I wish we had a central location to meet up. I have a few small groups of friends from college that I am still close with but they don't all keep in touch with eachother. I met up with 3 of them (former roommates and sorority sisters) in Jan, we went to Herhsey, PA. DH has a big group like yours - we are now 17 or so including spouses and fiances (soon to be a baby too).

Tonya - I hope the recipes get you out of your food rut. I am sure that you will lose at least the 5 pounds before the wedding. Have you lost any since you got back on track? You are doign great, keep it up!

Jen - thanks for the recipes, I will check them out. I won't need them this week due to dinner invitations with my dad in town

JenK - Glad to hear about your posistive attitude. The group really helps

Trish - You sound so much more upbeat! I am so happy for you!

I am still bored at work. My client for tomorrow has been cancelled so I don't know what I am going to be doing. I am leaving at 4 so an hour and a half left. I will be at 9.5 points when I leave. I'm going to the gym and then out to dinner. I checked out the menu online, it is going to be hard to find anything low-point but I did see something about a no-oil sauce for pasta so I will ask about that. Talk to you later!

Sarah
Old 07-09-2001, 03:41 PM   #26  
Proud Mama

Brenda! Congrats on the house! You sound so excited. A view of the mountains... how lovely that sounds!

Trish: Glad you are feeling well. Prenatal water aerobics sounds like a blast. Def. check w/ your doc. but I think exercise during pregancy is a wonderful thing. Your muscles get so tired lugging around the big ole baby as time goes on and I think exercise could be a big benefit.

Jen K: Welcome! Glad to "meet" you.

No time to type much else. Just wanted to let you all know I was thinking about you and I haven't dropped off the planet. Work is just super-duper busy. I'd love to post from home at night, but then I'd always be last on the thread.

I've tried to get back OP the last 2 days but seem to blow it somewhere in the course of today. Today it was the coffee cake in the break room that did me in.

Speaking of houses... check out these pictures from our kitchen remodel project! It's not fully completed yet, but you can get a general idea of the massive transformation. And remember, all of those new cabinets came in flat boxes! LOL

http://www.mamaotter.20m.com/photo.html

Till next time,
Old 07-09-2001, 04:25 PM   #27  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

BRENDA OMG CONGRATS!!!!! what should i make for the housewarming
janet i have those cabinets in my kitchen it looks great

Hi Tonya
I have been a Good lil WW today
I was given strict orders not to mess the kitchen
gram comes home from PA today and everythings clean soo I got takeout for lunch 2 lunch specials b/c i cant cook for dinner either
One steamed veggies with white rice and no sauce
and oen chicken and broccoli with white rice
I didnt eat the rice or my wonton soup i just mixed the veggies in with the chicken and broc I have to see if dottis has that listed
and i stopped before i was full and am guzzling watter Woowooooo
*shakesherbooty*
Old 07-09-2001, 04:29 PM   #28  

Janet !

Your kitchen looks awesome!! Love the color of the cabinets! Lots of hard work, but well worth it.
Old 07-09-2001, 04:39 PM   #29  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Janet: your kitchen looks great! You all really did a lot. I love the wall color. Also, fun to see your family photo at the beach on the home page.

Tonya: I am so gald that you are turning 30 soon...and I won't be the only one!

Trish
Old 07-09-2001, 04:51 PM   #30  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Janet... Nice Kitchen. You did a lot in a short amount of time!

Trish... HOLD ON... I will join your 30-something group soon... I turn 30 in May. But I am staying here since I love ya all way too much. Plus I can deny I am 30 and no one will be the wiser!

1 hour and 10 minutes. I need a break! Mondays are very unmotivating for me!

Told hubby we are having grilled chicken breasts and green bean casserole for dinner. Did you know that green bean casserole made with low fat soup is not that bad for you! YAHH! I love it! What's everyone else having???

PS... I counted my points today.. first time in way over a week. 1st step in getting back on track! I plan to get to WI on Saturday, but not sure if I can. And I missed last week... BAD ME! I am not OP lately!
Closed Thread