Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 10:18 PM   #16  
Member Florida Chick

Well tomorrow is 'bite the bullet day' again, to see how much damage I did for Thanksgiving. Had a strenuous night a line dancing tonight, but hopefully it helped to get rid of some of the 'fluff'.

Trudy: What a lot of baking. Hope you sat while you stirred. I would think that being on that bad foot would delay the healing.

You know, I can't help but think that without the great tests we have now,
Doctors were forced, by necessity to be better at diagnosis. I also think that they probably did a bit of lucky guessing, based on experiences that had with other patients. And some of the guessing is still a part of medicine today, I think. Especially when it comes to prescribing medicines.

Hi everyone. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one. Now we get ready for Christmas. We are working on two shows now. Dec. 5th and Dec. 12. Our Village players and Kitchen Band has the 5th and our chorus has the 12th. I will be very glad when it is all over. I'll report the results of the weigh-in tomorrow. Nighty night. Ann
Old 11-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #17  
Net browser

Hi All: Just came to read and see we have a new look to our board.
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #18  
Member Florida Chick

Well --- Up 1.2, but I enjoyed the stuffing, greenbean cassarole, and pumpkin pie. So now it is time to start a new day. I would probably feel bad, if I hadn't chosen to enjoy those favorite things. : See you tomorrow. Ann
Old 11-27-2005, 12:43 AM   #19  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Great news about the colonoscopy. Sounds like you had a successful fair to! Yeah!

Peggy: Oh my Gosh! Sounds like so much going on in your Neighborhood! Alomst sounds like a Soap Opera!

Slavika: Glad the Party came out well. Cant believe you made another cake! After the second one it would be to the store for me

Trudy: my goodness. Thats very serious. Glad you finally found out. Just keep hnaging in there. They do take forever to heal
Lots of Cookies made.

Anyways Im back. Was a fun week sort of. It was fun talking to my sis. But all we did was cook cook cook. Gets old. By the time the feast comes around you are to tierd to enjoy LOL. But all in all it was fun seeing everyone.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:43 AM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Oops!!!!!

Last edited by LilyG; 11-28-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:35 PM   #21  

G'day all,

Thank you all for your feedback on my website (Lily all emails I sent to you are returned and have been for some time, I would love your feedback on my new website and I also wonder why I am told your email address is not valid ).
I am pleased I finally got it up and running after a lot of messing about with trying different things.

Slavika asked who would be 'boss' now that dh has joined my little business venture, I am surprised you asked of course I remain the boss ).

Trudy I am glad you have some answers now to why your ankle has been painful. I would have more than a painful ankle doing that amount of baking!!!!

Ann sorry to hear you had a slight gain, but I am glad you enjoyed your favourite things at your Thanks giving celebration.

DH is back in Sydney and then on to New Zealand for a few days, hope he will be home by the weekend.
Just as we are getting into some sort of routine with both being home again, the routine is interupted

It has been beautiful weather, gardens are blooming, especially the roses, just beautiful.

I wonder how things are with KAren? Of course also Gloria I hope she is having a nice holiday.
Peggy are you doing lots of 'stuff' for Christmas?
Also a 'hello' to Glenda, hope everyone is well and I have not left anyone out.

Cheers
Maria
Old 11-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #22  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Hi Lily, welcome back. I'm glad that you "sort of" had fun.
Maria.....of course I knew you would be the BOSS... as you should be since you started "your" business. Congrats on acquiring a new employee. He is likely highly qualified.

Ok gals, I bit the bullet and went to the Swim Wear shop today and bought a new swimsuit in a size 14. I know that I will not be getting into those size 12 ones by the beginning of January. I bought a one piece with a black background with a pattern of a few purple flowers, green leaves, both with highlights of gold. I also bought a black sheer short wrap to tie around the suit and a pair of black shorts that I can also pull over the suit to further camouflage certain areas of my body as I walk the "last mile" from my condo to the pool area. It's actually a lovely suit (I felt I looked better in it then the other 20 or so the young gal brought for me to try on, but I wish was not quite so "fluffy". Swimsuits cost so much money and those sheer little wraps are $45.00 which is just plain stupid, but I got it anyway. I think getting fitted for a swimsuit must be the most hated shopping trip a woman makes, no matter what her size, weight or shape is. Woman as a rule are just never happy with the way they look in a swimsuit. For "fun" (Yeh like BIG fun) I tried on the miracle swimsuit in solid black, that must have been designed by Hitler during the war for his soldiers to force them march straight and tall, and made of the strongest spandex known to mankind in the entire world.....well let me tell you gals, that thing was a real "sucker upper"....instant 10# weight loss and HALLELUJAH just like that I had a waist. The downside to that suit was you couldn't really breathe, (my dil says breathing is over rated) or sit down or any of of the things you might consider doing while on holiday so I passed on that MIRACLE. A few of the other suits I tried on were cut so low at the "bossom" that I swear the cleavage went right down to my navel (put that picture in your minds). Two pretty suits to look at that I tried on, were cut so high up on the leg that I felt I had on a string bikini. I was in the shop for just over 1 hour and this was truly a very exhausting experience. It's a good thing I carry bottled water with me because I was absolutely parched and likely would have fainted from the effort of tugging, pulling, sucking in my stomach, standing straight, shoulders back, .......and on top of all that I was wearing white ankle socks, and my legs that looked like they had not seen the sun since the 1970's.
This is how I feel about people avoiding saying, "Merry Christmas" to someone for fear of being politically incorrect. What is wrong with wishing somebody a Merry Christmas? My goodness you could sure say a lot of worse things to people. If they do not celebrate Christmas, or are of a different faith, what a wonderful opportunity for them to tell you about what they celebrate. This "season greetings", like what does that mean??? Happy Holidays.....why would you wish somebody that if they were not going anywhere. I think that Christians and non-Christians should be offended by both those phrases.....they don't mean anything to anybody.
Bye for now.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #23  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Sorry to hear about the gain. But you will get it back off soon!

Maria: I PM'd you my correct email addy. I suspect you are using an old one and thats why they are being returned.

Slavika: Glad you found a suit! You are so right they are so expensive and the wraps are to! But at least you found what you like!
Had to laugh on the Miracle Swimsuit. I tried one of those once and you are soooooo right!!!!!!!!! Yes it is the most dreaded thing to look for to!
I agree on the Merry Christmas. I just dont get it.

Went back to work today. ALAS!!!!!!!!! Wasnt to bad this time, thank goodness. This is normally the slow time of the year so Yeah!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Alas!!!!!!!!! Every time I hit submit it posts twice. I swear I didnt hit it 2 times Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-28-2005, 11:54 PM   #25  

Lily that is only e-mail address I have ever had of yours.
I am not sure why it bounces back so often, maybe you have gone past your allowed quota on the days that I send you an email.
Do you ever get any of my emails???????

Another one of life's mysteries

Maria
Old 11-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #26  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Yes I have gotten emails from you. Maybe it was over the quota as some of those emails are pretty big. But its cleaned out now so give it a try
Old 11-29-2005, 10:05 AM   #27  
Fun Blonde

Slavika, please write down your experiences in a book. I swear you could be published. I think we all "of a certain age" identify with the swinsuit expedition, the most dreaded. That is the reason I don't go swimming anymore--just way too ugly in a suit. How was your DH's test? Is he as well as he thought he was?

Peggy, are you through with your craft shows or are you just gearing up? This is going to be a fun Christmas with your grandchild.

All the rest of you, I have been gone from work for the last few days. Yesterday was the first day back and it was a WOW! Too much to do. I wish I could get into the Christmas spirit. My hubby was sick on Thursday night and Friday and I was so lonesome, makes me realize how much I depend on him. Anyway, the crux of that little sickness is that we are not all decorated for Christmas. The inside is but the outside is not and therefore, I have lights and junk all over the livingroom. I know it will be better when everything is done. Usually, we drive up after work (everything is on timers) and our house is so pretty that it kind of makes you sit in the car and smile. We don't put up stuff, just lots of lights. Now it is just dark and gloomy.

Ann, just a little bit of weight to get off. You are so determined this time, it will work. And so busy! It is hard to remember that you were so puny last year at this time. Slavika was talking about breaking into song "Going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come." The other day we got an upgrade on our computers and I broke out into "Everything's up to date in Kansas City. They've gone about as fur as they can go." My student and computer guy just looked at me with those looks. I then realized they didn't know the movie or the play "Oklahoma" so thought I had finally lost it. You have to know your "audience."

Maria, your camper, I am so impressed by the whole thing, including the price. I know you will enjoy it and I think the difference in price of a used and a new is so small you made the right choice. I had a friend who bought used and all they did was fix it.

Trudy, at least now you know why you still hurt. I have a friend who is wearing a boot and has to have a surgery in January for a similar complaint. She was just mowing her yard. I bet your can't wait for Christmas and I know your DD can't.

When does Gloria get back? Lily, sometimes family can be a bit much, but they are all worth it. Glad you enjoyed your visit.
Glenda
Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 PM   #28  

Smile

G'day all,

Slavika I do agree with Glenda you really do have a way with words and a book would be very readable.
I have often wondered if we could retrieve all the posts of the past 5 years that were posted in our forum, it would make very interesting reading.....I think

I bought a swimsuit in Singapore that is a bit of a cross between the miracle suit and oridinary bathers, sort of comfortable but I only have bathers because we live so close to the beach and on really hot days it is quite nice to just walk down the beach to cool off.
Sorry to hear your dh was sick Glenda...I hope all is well again now.
We don't really make that much fuss over Christmas with lights etc. I have a wreath on my front door and a few bits and pieces but that is about all.
I no longer have a Christmas tree but of course we do celebrate Christmas with our favourite food, drink etc.
Reading the posts it just sounds like in America a lot more fuss is made at Christmas time, maybe it has something to do with the climate, us having summer at Christmas time and it is generally quite hot.
Slavika you MUST be very close to that magical 100 days. Hope all the tests etc. are going well and I guess after Christmas you will be busy packing to go to Maui.

It was good to get an email from Karen and to hear she is home again.
I guess the next person to come home will be Gloria.

Not much happening here, I am kept busy with bits and pieces and yesterday received an email from the person I did the fashion website for. They are bringing out a new range next year and want the website re-done with their new collection. It will be interesting what they are going to come up with.

Stay happy and well everyone,

Cheers
Maria
Old 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #29  

PS.

I rather like the new way we can post

I am going to try out how I can insert an image here, of course the image is that of Matilda's that I have on my website!

http://www.mesdesigns.com.au/matilda.html

Maria
It didn't work ...back to the drawing board!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #30  
Member Florida Chick

Wink

Slavika: I agree, you could write a book and it would be very good reading. And with plenty of laughs. Your description of the 'miracle' bathing suit was too funny. Makes me think of getting into control panty hose. One needs to learn to be a contortionist. Hope all is going well with the last tests for your DH before you go to Maui.

Today DH had 7 teeth extracted by an oral surgeon. He is not too happy a camper right now. Very sore and swollen. And we are a whole lot poorer. I can't believe the cost of dental work, and there is no choice it has to be done. $1325 later and this is just the Oral surgeon. Then there is the added cost of the dentures he will be getting this week. And all the follow up care.

And to top it all off, last week our living room TV died and we had to go get a new one. And it won't be delivered until Thursday. We have played a lot of cards and scrabble. Actually now, I rather like the fact that we don't have the TV on all the time. It is nice to have more quiet.

I never realized before one of the perks about living in a Senior park is that we all look about the same in swim suits. And we don't have to worry about any 'sweet young things' showing us up.: At least most of the time. There are the occaisional visitors, and then the 'old' men have popping eyes. So Glenda - Just come down here and share our pool. You won't have to worry a bit about how you look.

Karen: Glad you are back home. I know you must be enjoying this temperature. Some different from Minnesota.

Lily: Glad your vacation was nice and that you too are back with us. Now we just get Gloria back and we'll be complete. I'm working at keeping the numbers going down, but it is very hard to stay within 22 points.

We gals had our 'Ladies Monthly" meal together, and drew names for Christmas. I think I told you all about this group of friends who get together once a month. And you can guess why we call it the 'monthly'

Peggy: Are you still working at the school cafeteria? About this time of year, if I remember rightly, the kids keep getting wilder and wilder until the Christmas break. Do you find that to still be true? Are you doing crafty stuff for shows this year?

Trudy: Do you have to wear a brace for your ankle? One of my 'Monthly' friends had a similar problem and she had to wear a brace. She kept it on for several months and now she can get along without it, unless she is going to do a lot of walking.

Maria: Living that close to the beach must be very nice. It is interesting that you don't do much decorating, because of the warm climate at Christmas. Here it is just the opposite - since there is no cold and snow, people go all out for lights. And they start the day after Thanksgiving. We haven't even started yet. Have to wait for DH to get healed up a bit. We always decorated our palm tree out front, but now that is gone we will have to find some other way to use all those lights. We are wondering what our kitty will do with our Christmas tree.

I surely don't intent to be 'politically correct' when it comes to saying Merry Christmas. I don't mind wishing anyone else Happy whatever day. And I think I will sometime ask the sales person who wishes me Happy Holidays, if their company insisted that they use those greetings. I'm curious to know just how widespread those instructions might be. The way I feel is this - There would be no Christmas Holiday, if Jesus Christ wasn't born all those years ago. So I surely intend to acknowledge that fact. Guess I better get off my soapbox.

Good night all, and Merry Christmas. Ann
Closed Thread