View Poll Results: If you had only 2 choices would you
Have your hair really long ie Crystal gale long 8 53.33%
REallllly short like Sinead O'Connor 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #16  
Parrothead

Default GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!

This is just a quick note to share that I made goal! I am sooo excited and owe a lot to you all. My grand total is 28.2 pounds. I'm sorry that I don't have enough time to post right now but I'll be back. Hope all is well!
Kay
Old 06-27-2001, 02:44 PM   #17  
Go Avalanche!!

Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kay: I'm so excited for you! Congratulations and time to celebrate! *hugs* What big thing are you going to do for yourself? A new car, jewelry? Tell us tell us! wOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You go girl!

Hi Ali!
Old 06-27-2001, 02:44 PM   #18  

Default congratulations Kay!

Way to go Kay on making goal! I know how frustrating it has been for you this last month but you stuck in there and did it! Way to go! Go out and buy yourself something special!!!

sarah
Old 06-27-2001, 02:53 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

KAY... YAHHHHH... you are not only at Goal... YOU ARE UNDER GOAL! Yah for you, I can't wait for my turn!
Old 06-27-2001, 03:31 PM   #20  
A Yankee in Virginia

All right, Kay! Way to go!

Brenda: Thanks for the kind words. I hope we can figure out something. I used to wait up for him, and he used to try to get up with me in the morning, but we were so tired it was just making us cranky. We managed to have lunch today, though. I cut out of my WW meeting early so I could meet him.

I have a question: Do any of you get much out of your WW meetings? I don't. The women don't seem interested in meeting anyone else and there are little groups who congregate together. The topics bore me, frankly. If I hear about the "Tools for Living" one more time I might just scream. I love my leader, though. Also, there's NO ONE else my age at the meeting. I've thought about switching back to a evening meeting, but I had such a hard time getting out of work in time that I kept missing the meetings. You guys are my best support, but I'm worried if I stop going to WI I'll get sloppy. So I don't know what to do. I'm basically paying only to step on the scale each week. Advice, anyone?

OH! Forgot to say I lost 1.2! Whoo-hoo! I was scared I might gain because I only stayed OP the past two days. Maybe the exercise helped! I hope so.

Gotta run to a meeting. At least it's something to do. I've been such a bump on a log lately. I need spot news!
Old 06-27-2001, 03:43 PM   #21  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default AWESOME!!!

Congrats Kay! Yee Haw!!! What's funny, though is my first thought was of the World Cup in Soccer. hahaha
That's awesome! Are you going to be a leader for WW?
I went to the dentist today for a cleaning...the first one in 2 years. My mouth is sore now from all the scraping. But, I did get some of the new Crest Whitening Strips. Professional strength.
The hygenist said I'll notice a difference by the wedding.
Hey to everyone and I must get back to work since I missed 3 hours this morning.
Sarah: Congrats on finishing school! What an accomplishment. You only ate 21 points?!?!?! How in the heck did you do that? Did you skip a meal? haha (that would be me)
Now, I'm getting back to work.
I'm with all of you on the bickering going around. Course, mine and DF's arguments are over money for the wedding and me not being at home. But, everyone I talked to said they fought with their fiance before the wedding, too. I don't feel too worried.
NOW, I'm getting back to work for real.
Old 06-27-2001, 03:45 PM   #22  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kim, I wish I had something to say to you, but I don't. Hubby and I work together and sometimes I wish we were apart more. I think we tend to take each other for granted... not good. Now with Emma, things are even more stressed, because both of us want some alone time and we can't get that because we have to watch Emma. Not that it is a bad thing, because we both love her dearly, but sometimes I want to just go outside and work on something that I can't watch Emma while I am doing, and so does he. It will get better, you just need to work on it. I always say this and always will... you gotta do what's best for you... no matter what that is!!! Good luck!
Old 06-27-2001, 04:13 PM   #23  
Proud Canadian

Unhappy

Today may be my last post for a while. I have no jobs coming up so I'm going away for a few days and then wee'll see if something comes up. I'll miss chatting with all of you. You've bee so supportive - and entertaining
I'll be on and off today finishing stuff up for this job. I went to WI last night because the boss is taking me out to dinner after work and sadly, my first gain (.8) - I'm not really upset because I ate well on the weekend and I drank a lot of wine and I did journal so I know exactly where I went off points. This weekend might be hard to because We're going away but I'm hoping to stay OP and drink lots of WATER!!!!

Way to get to goal Kay!!
Hurray for Sarah!! You're done - Way to go!!

Hey Kim - I love my meetings (sort of) - the people are great and we all share recipies and ideas and website info. There are a lot of people my age as well. My one problem is my leader. Every time I'm enthousiastic about something she tries to quash my enthousiasm I hate it. I try to just ignore her and focus on the things I do that make me happy. I'm thinking of switching meeting nights though. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Oops - gotta run to lunch - I'll be back
KT

Hi everyone else.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:54 PM   #24  
flibbertobbergenie!

Aw, KT, we'll miss you too Don't forget about us, and come RIGHT BACK the second you get to a computer!!!

Kay - YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY Congrats, you done good!!!

And Sarah - YIPPEE!!! on finishing school

Ok, gotta go - my birthday tomorrow and I have just had a sneaky early celebration with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream from George & Davies, a local ice cream place that hand make all their ice cream, MY GOD but it was good. I should have birthdays more often

Oh - Kim - I'm in exactly the same situation as you re: meetings. I never stay because it's all old ladies and we just don't have the same things to talk about. But I love my leader (3rd time lucky). So like you I just pay to weigh - but I figure it keeps me on track. Like Ali's sig says, meeting your goals is priceless (Hi Ali, BTW!). IT would be great to have an inspirational meeting, but I love the support here, so I don't feel I'm missing out too much.

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 06-27-2001, 05:29 PM   #25  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default I'm HUNGRY

Grrr. So I'm drinking water. I ate Chinese for lunch, and I don't have many points left for the day. And now, a dilemma: Some friends are going out for drinks tonight! Argghh! I want to go, but I guess I'll have to limit myself to one beer. Hate that.

Time for more water!
Old 06-27-2001, 05:45 PM   #26  
Eve's Mom

I ate wor won ton soup for lunch and I have only like 9 points left for dinner!! AGH!

Work hellish, must run.

B
Closed Thread