View Poll Results: What's your preferred method of getting all toasty brown?
None - I prefer my natural colour 5 26.32%
Getting out in the sun 8 42.11%
Getting under a sunbed 2 10.53%
Getting out the fake tan 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 12:30 PM   #16  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. I was SOOOO busy this morning. I can definately tell summer is here, that is our busy time!!! Plus I have been working on training the new receptionist. She seems to be working out really well!!

Emma is OK. She refused to eat for 2 days and screamed in pain. Turns out she had 2 sores in her mouth kind of like canker sores. The doctor said they can feel like pins poking her. Hand, Mouth and Foot disease is what is was and it is a virus that spreads like colds. She got it at Daycare and there is no treatment. Poor thing. But she feels better today and is eating. YAH EMMA, she is a trooper!

Trish... I LOVED Mac and Cheese when I was PG. That and peanut butter. It drove hubby crazy. I bought the Easy Mac and CHeese that you can make in the micro and ate it at work!!

LOLLY... YAH ON THE LOSS! I am jealous, but I am getting there soon!!

Oh and I like my color. Although I tan easy... actually burn then tan, I have moles and that scares me. I really don't want skin cancer. So If I get a sun burn, it is accidental. I may try some of those new spray on tanners tho. The year I met hubby I was out in the sun a lot and was really tan, that was the last year I tried to tan in the sun.

Oh, better get back to work. More later hopefully!
Old 06-26-2001, 01:02 PM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Default YAY KIM!!

Congrats on getting OP yesterday!! What a great feeling, eh? Its like breaking the circle. And you walked! You should be very proud!

Kirsty - the hot weather turns me off eating too much too - which is great! I eat lots of salad and diet coke in the summer months...winter is eating mode for me, like a bear!

Lori - what sort of doctor are you? Your week sounds super stressful - try to find some Lori-time for a bath or something...

Sarah - I hate the inexplicable depression/restlessness....I am sure it'll pass. Hang in there! You did great OP yesterday too!!

Jen - glad Emma is okay. My niece got thrush when she was a baby - her mouth was coated and painful...poor baby!!

well, back to work! I have become productive today!! How odd!
Old 06-26-2001, 01:38 PM   #18  

I am a Family Practice doctor...that means I do everything from kids to adults, including delivering babies...low risk OB...more like midwifery in a way...and it IS stressful at times...thanks Belle-I will try to grab some time...DF and I are possibly going to an amusement park next monday...so far just the two of us...that should be fun...Lori
Old 06-26-2001, 03:13 PM   #19  
Proud Canadian

Hello all - soon to be goodbye all - I got bad news yesterday that they don't have any work for me for a while so I'll be job hopping at various temp agencies for a while. Who knows if I'll be working in a room with a computer. I'll probably be doing forst aid on some of the contruction sites here and that means sitting in a trailer all day waiting for someone to hut themselves. Yay Fun!!
Anyway, BF and I are going on holidaze for a few days first to Vancouver Island and then I can worry when I get back - I'll try to pop by from the home computer but I think it's quite pathetically slow. We'll see - I'm still here tomorrow!! I've managed to stay OP but I've been eating horribly. Wine and Liquer last night and I may have to weigh in today - oh well. As for the poll - I didn't answer. I try and avoid the sun as much as possible because I burn horribly - of course when the burn goes away I end up a nice pasty white - Yes Kirsty - I too glow in the dark. Well it's nice to see how everyone is doing. Jen - I'm glad Emma's feeling better - it's so hard when they're so small. Lori - icky moving horrors - I'm not looking forward to moving in the fall and we haven't even found a place yet. Lolly - YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY - you get the idea - way to get under 200

Hello to everyone else - I'll check back in a bit
KT
Old 06-26-2001, 03:17 PM   #20  

Angry

Ok, you all know how important water is in the weight loss battle...

How much water have you drank today??

(Come on, fess up!!)

I am proud to say I have had 70 oz., one day down, lots more to go!!

So, how about everyone else?
Old 06-26-2001, 03:35 PM   #21  

I have drank at least 70 ounces. I drank 2 32 ounce glasses at work for 64 ounces plus a huge glass this morning. I usually get in about 90-100 ounces a day. Maybe that is why I don't have as much of a problem with bloating!
Old 06-26-2001, 03:43 PM   #22  

HOLY COW JEN!!

Way to go woman!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 04:13 PM   #23  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Water

I've had 64 oz so far, but had to stop for a Diet Coke
I'll resume after the glorious soda.
Getting back to work...
Jen, you rock the water world!!
Old 06-26-2001, 04:17 PM   #24  
Go Avalanche!!

Default It's me it's me it's me!!!!!

I finally gave up. NO! Not on WW, but on catching up on the posts. I basically skimmed the last 3 weeks and now I’m hoping to be on every day again. I have WI tonight and my scale at home is telling me evil things. I wouldn’t be surprised to gain 5 or more pounds. I will stay for the meeting and that should help my motivation.

I’ve only done tanning beds twice – once B4 senior prom and last year for the wedding. Otherwise it’s the good old sun but I burn *snap* like that! Have to be extremely careful.

I have missed some great conversations and some great losses. Congrats to the losers and to the non-losers/gainers, we have to keep it up!!

Who remembers that leather coat saga for my B-day in Feb??? Well, when DH and I were in Durango we went shopping downtown. I found the most perfect black leather coat on the planet and it was 40% off. Still very expensive but it was what hubby was planning on spending. I really think it will still fit great in 30 pounds b/c I’m not going to lose that much more in my shoulders. They are very broad. Most of my weight is in my stomach. I may have to have hubby take a pic of me in it and maybe I can get it scanned. The buttons look as though they are wood or antler kind of. It’s also not the smooth leather. It’s textured, I can’t think of the term – brushed??? Anyway, I was able to wear it two days only b/c it was really cool late the week we got back from Durango. Of course 90 degrees and a leather coat don’t mix! I’m soooooooooooo excited!

I was determined to take the dog for a walk last night and it didn’t happen. How am I going to get exercise into my routine???

Kirsty: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited for you!!

Stacey: Keep taking deep breaths! You are doing awesome OP!! It was amazing to me too b/c I wasn’t paying much attention to points before the wedding either. I think it has a lot to do with all the running around you do. Keeps those pounds down. Don’t feel bad about the cake. I ate almost our entire cake top when we got back from our honeymoon. It kept calling to me from the fridge! Hmmm…you think that contributed to that 9 pound gain last year?

Lori: Jeez girl, my head is after reading your post! Keep breathing, it will all be fine!

Jen: After all the awesome reviews on fitday.com I am def going to have to check it out! May be the thing I need.

Lolly: Under 200!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo. I’m doing cartwheels down the hallway

I’m sad to say I’ve been very bad on water lately! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hi to everyone else! So glad to be back

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." ~~ George Eliot
Old 06-26-2001, 05:05 PM   #25  

BRENDA.... I LOVE THAT QUOTE!! Can I steal it for my sig. line??? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, hubby just ran to daycare to pick up Emma... high fever now. OH NO!
Old 06-26-2001, 05:10 PM   #26  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Poor Emma! I get mouth ulcers all the time! I feel for her.
Now my arch enemy are skittles! One of my coworkers has some on his desk. ARGH!!
Brenda: welcome back! Yup, 10 days and counting. I can hardly believe it myself. Remember when I was all excited about getting engaged?
Well, must get back to work. I have a mail out deadline.
See everyone tomorrow!
Old 06-26-2001, 05:20 PM   #27  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hey, twice in one day!

Jen: Yes, you can steal that quote. I find tons all the time and I really enjoy posting different ones!

Stacey: OMG! 10 days. Holy cow.

Kim: I just read your article. I really enjoyed it and I'm very impressed! For some reason I couldn't get the pictures and I really wanted to see what she looked like I'll try from home (with a worse internet connection too, hmmmmm)

OK, gotta run.
Old 06-26-2001, 06:14 PM   #28  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default water water water

Man, Jen, you blow us all away. Tonya, Stacey, you too! I'm not so good with water. I think I've had about 32 oz. today, though, and I have to pee at the moment but I want to post first! Most of the time I get water from the bubbler, set it on my desk and then forget about it. It's hard to drink and type at the same time. (Excuses, excuses.) I drink Crystal Light iced tea a lot, and do try to drink water at night, too.

Brenda: Thanks for reading! I'm sorry you couldn't see the picture. She actually looks younger than 17. She came in last week to talk to our high school journalism workshop and was a huge hit. The kids wanted their picture taken with her.

KT: Sorry to hear about the job situation. I hope it all works out for you. Try and find a computer! (p/s LIBRARIES!)

Gotta go ... still haven't finished my story for tomorrow. I am the BIGGEST procrastinator in the world.
Closed Thread