Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 10:48 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr. old #124

Josie: So good to see you! You dont need to feel bad. We all get busy and understand. Just post when you can. Let us know what you are up to! Thanks for the congrats! Seems like it took forever but I finally made it.

Trudy: Im sure any kind of Frozen Yogurt would be good. Im love Mudpie so this could be my replacement for it!

Slavika: If you make them save one for me! I want one. Still havent made mine. ALAS........ My fingers are worn out from starting the thread again... I just cant handle all this stress...
Old 06-19-2001, 07:30 PM   #2  

G'day all,

Slavika I am a bit annoyed with you, you KNEW I was going to the snow why didn't you remind me about the snowboots??? I haven't had a cold like this for a long time, luckily my fingers can do the talking as I don't have a voice this morning but I do feel a little better eventhough I sound much worse. DH is quite worried, he is off to Sydney for the next few days. Hopefully he will come back with some more info about our future. DH had a teleconference to America this morning and it is all a bit doom and gloom.

Lily you sound very stressed, you work AND you have to start the new thread, it is all too much. Thank you for making the new start

Josie I have to confess that I can sort of remember you posting but not very clearly, it is the age thing, you know
Nice to 'see' you anyway.

I'll be off and keep drinking the fluids and sucking the cough lozenges. I have to be better by the weekend for my visitors.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 06-19-2001 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:10 PM   #3  
Super Surfer

Angry ..a delicious treat...

Lily, our Slavika made the recipe for the Frozen Mudpie Sandwiches, they were really yummy. I ate 2 (the other gals just had 1) Couldn't resist it... my two favorite things, chocolate and froz yogurt. It's a good thing you posted the recipe before you had to start a new thread, you wouldn't have had the energy.
Maria.. too bad about the cold. Maybe the stress of an uncertain future has you a bit run down too. Of course, it doesn't help when Slavika doesn't give you all the important information on dress requirements when in snow. I sure hope everything turns out for you and your DH.

I hadn't weighed in for 3 weeks and of course, I was up 1.2 lbs. However I am still 2 lbs below goal. I didn't want to get on the scale because I knew I was up, but there was no point in ducking it anymore. We are off to a movie tonight, going to see Swordfish, I hope it is good, has anyone else seen it?

See you all tomorrow.... Bye BYe...
Old 06-19-2001, 09:54 PM   #4  
Net browser

Default ........new diet

Hi Everybody
I think I have come up with a perfect way to lose weight. Ok, all you have to do is go to your dentist and get a couple of teeth pulled, a new partial put in immediately, so that your mouth "REALLY" hurts, then you can't eat.......and.....TA DA....
you lose 2.2#. YIKES!
Lily I had to fight the Tea Time gals, but I managed to save you a couple of those mudpies and a couple for me too, because my mouth is still to tender to eat them. After all your hard work, of starting the new thread again, you certainly deserve it. Maria I humbly apologize for not telling you to wear snowboots in the snow........... ALAS what was I thinking. I am sorry you are not feeling good. I hate it when I get a cold too. I hope everything works out ok with your DH and his company. Take care of yourself.
Well tomorrow, I'm going out to lunch and shopping with my friend, which sure beats what I was doing last Wednesday (the dentist).
Trudy I hope you enjoy the movie. I saw the commercial for it on TV, looked interesting.
Night All.

Last edited by slavika; 06-19-2001 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-19-2001, 10:11 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Sounds like your cold is getting worse. Yes with Snow always wear those boots! When I lived in the snow I was always sick. Thats one reason I hate it so much! That and driving in it

Trudy: Lets us know how the movie is. I have seen the previews and it lookes good. Glad these Mudpie things are good. Im gonna get mine made this weekend. I got the stuff just to lazy when I get home to make them. Your under goal so thats good!

Slavika: Thanks for saving me one! I will be right over. Is your mouth getting any better yet? Hooray! you lost 2.2# thats great! Have fun shopping tomorrow!

Night all!
Old 06-20-2001, 12:17 PM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - That great slugger, your grandson, is way too good for a backyard. Get him out in a field before he does anymore damage with his bat. He sounds like he may be the star of the team?

Josie - It was so good to hear from you again. I also don't remember what was happening in your life from Geri, but I do remember the pictures of your daughter and grandson(?) Glad you are doing well.

All - On Monday we went to the hospital for our grandson's birth. DIL was going to be induced at 6 a.m. and it could take hours. We got there at 9:30 and she was dilated to almost a 10 already. She had Austin at 10:21. He is 8 lbs. 12 ozs. and cute as a bug. We had a really wonderful day. So much different than when I had kids. The room was full of family and company all day. Everyone held the baby--they truly make it a family affair anymore. We took pictures and my best friend took the pictures off disk and made the cutest album with all kinds of borders and captions and backgrounds. Our son is so cute--he is going to be a hands-on daddy.

Maria - You with the cold, you can now see why snow is not everybody's favorite weather.

Just for all of you to know, the court date for the custody of my friend's grandchild will be continued July 20th. Just a lot of stress waiting.
Glenda
Old 06-20-2001, 06:49 PM   #7  

Default getting better.........

G'day all

Firstly congratulations Glenda on the birth of your grandson. Sounds like everything went well, I like the name Austin. I agree the whole birthing experience is so much better these days rather than the very clinical attitude that was there when I had my children.

Slavika good for you on your weight loss, not the ideal way of doing it but if you are going to have to HAVE a visit to the dentist it is a nice 'side effect' loosing those few pounds

Trudy I haven't heard of the movie you spoke of, let us know what it is like. Bet you are pleased to be still 2 lb under goal.

I am feeling a bit better today and yes one day to the snow was enough, I couldn't cope with 5 months of the stuff, I would even have to invest in snowboots were that the case.
I think we have some new direction in life though not completely finalised. DH was offered a new position last week, it means that we would be in Melbourne till next year June and then from June till October in Sydney, ie 18 months away from home. We have had to do a lot of thinking, planning etc and deciding if we would take up the offer. DH sees the new position as a great challenge and would enjoy it so I guess that is the major thing. At this stage of our life you would not want to do work that you don't enjoy if you don't have to. Then of course our house in Adelaide. Son and partner will move into it and rent out their recently purchased house. Our house was brand new and we have only lived there for 4 months. It will be nice to have someone living there and as well they will benefit financially. However dd is a bit annoyed that we would have son live their rent free. We have offered the opportunity to her and partner as well but their Uni studies are here in Melbourne and it would not be feasable for them to move.
All very delicate. DH and I thought that perhaps son could give dd $50 per week, they would be renting their place for about $260 per week so they are still out well in front.
Thank goodness dh is negotiating this as I am not known for my diplomacy , but I never leave anyone wondering what it was what I meant He told son that he would like everyone to benefit and make it a 'win, win' for all.
We will go home in about 3 weeks and sort it all out. Then there is the wedding in January (in Adelaide) and we would be home on holidays, so that will also have to be sorted how we are going to work that out.
DH is in Sydney at the moment negotiating his new salary and if they agree then formally accept the position.
So much to think of and plan.
For me away from home for this long means I have to do something to keep occupied other than writing very long posts here There is a computer club just nearby where people share tips, ideas etc. so I thought I would join that to meet new people with similar interests.

I was up very early this morning, couldn't sleep with blocked nose etc. Had a shower and a weigh, down a further .6 kg and thought I would just 'slip' on the mother of the bride outfit. It has made my day, I did literally slip into it, in fact it is a little loose!
I was a dressmaker in a former life so I have already checked how I can take it in.
Thanks for 'listening' to my very long post. I am sure it will all work out but I cannot help but worry as I like everything to be organised.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 06-20-2001, 10:15 PM   #8  
Life Time 2001

Default Grandson!!!!!!!!

Glenda: Congrats on the new Grandson! Just love that name Austin! Bet he is cute as a button!

Maria: Boy you do have alot to cope with right now. Hope it all works out and everyone will be happy. Im sure it will. Glad you are starting to feel better!

Night all!
Old 06-20-2001, 11:31 PM   #9  
Net browser

Default ...Congrats Glenda

Hi Everybody
Glenda so your new grandson has arrived, I know this is a very exciting time for you. I like the name Austin, and what a nice big baby he is. All winter long my grandson played hockey and he really was not very good, but he stuck with it and tried his hardest...........
This summer he chose baseball over the soccer that he played last year and none of us can believe what a good little player he turned out to be, but remember we are talking 7 yrs olds here. LOL
Maria isn't that a nice feeling trying on the "wedding outfit" and having it actually a little loose. Good for you. I like everything all organized too, and everybody happy and content with the "plans". I don't know, it seems we worry about stuff and then it works out ok in the end anyway, and then we go on to worry about something new.
I had a really nice day out with my friend today. I bought a "barbie shoulder bag purse" for the Princess. I'll save it and give it to her with a few other things I have for her, for her "graduation". She is going into Grade 1. LOL.
What were you up to today Trudy ?
It turned out to be not to bad of day weather wise.
Night all.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:03 AM   #10  

Default Been reading not posting

Good morning all

First off let me say congratulations to Glenda on the new family member. Sounds like you all enjoyed the event. Today Fathers are a lot different that Fathers of yesteryear. All of my Brothers are hands on my DH was hands on and My boys are hands on as much as possible. My Father was a different story. So good for your son.

Maria- Boy your life just goes and goes. I agree that in this stage of life why do anything unless you enjoy it. The Computer Club sounds fun. You can pass on any pointers you learn to the rest of us. Have you ever tried aroma therpy for your stuffy nose. I use peppermint oil. I put a few drops on a thin wash cloth and just breath it in you would be surprised at how quickly you can breath. Then I keep the cloth in a small plastic baggie and keep it close by to use when ever. Looks funny sniffing a cloth but it works for me.

Lily - I must have been in LaLa land as I seem to have missed your life time celebration. I'm so sorry But let me say now Way -to- go. We knew you could do it. Tell me," did your leader make you stand in front?" Have you gone to your first FREE meeting yet?

Trudy and Lily what brand of choclate wafer did you use for the Mudpie thing

Slavika- Dentel problems are not the way we recomend for losing weight . But still at least all that pain paided off some on something that can make you happy

Lily I'll let my frog do the happy dance for you.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:19 AM   #11  

Hi from the beach, Congrats to new granny Glenda. Glad it is over and everything is fine. Maria you sound like your life is being turned upside down again. You certainly cope well. I hope that you are feeling better. Wear your boots next time. Can't wait till I get home and try those mudwiches or whatever they are. Can't get to the recipe from this computer. Can't even get to my Earthlink e-mail. Slavika hope your mouth is better. Been there, done that. Diet has gone to h*** this week. Did go bike riding on these great old bikes - the kind with high handlebars and normal seat and no speeds or handbrakes. All they need is the basket and the little bell. We went to the largest sand dune in the states yesterday. Climbed up and then ran down. Too much fun. There is an outdoor art show in Duck today. Am going to try to go. See you later, Peggy
Old 06-21-2001, 12:38 PM   #12  
Net browser

Default ....what do you think.....LOL

Hi Everybody

I received this in my e-mail today. I think, it will soon be my theme song. LOL

From The Sound of Music:

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

Maalox and nosedrops and needles for knittin',
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittin's,
Bundles of magazines tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs, cataracts, hearing aids, glasses,
Polident, Fixodent, false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak, When the knees go bad,
Then I remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets, and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food nor food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heat pads and hot meals they bring,

Back pains, confused brains, and no fear of sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin'.
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, when the hips break, When the eyes grow dim,
THEN I REMEMBER THE GREAT LIFE I'VE HAD AND I DON'T FEEL
SOOOO BAAAAD.
Old 06-21-2001, 04:00 PM   #13  
Fun Blonde

Talking

Oh, Slavika
I just love your song. It is all so true. Glad you had a good day shopping and buying the Princess a graduation gift.
Karen - I agree that fathers of today are so different. I watched an Oprah last night about "Stay-At-Home" Fathers and just loved it. Glad there aren't such strict roles for men and women now.
Peggy - You just sound like you are having a blast! And don't worry about your diet because regular life will soon start with its routines and everything will fall into place. One vacation cannot wreck a diet unless you never get back on track (and I know that ain't gonna happen).

Maria - Oh my! Your life is so full of surprises! You really do cope well. I know you will enjoy wherever you go--you always seem to. And the dress for the wedding! Congratulations! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when something was tight and is now loose?

All, I do believe I may have a handle on this non-smoking thing so I am now back to thinking about WW. Have any of you ever heard of the Wendy plan? It was explained on another thread. And it makes sense to me. Just varying your points each and everyday to trick your body into losing the weight. I am trying it.
Glenda
Old 06-21-2001, 08:37 PM   #14  

Everyone left to play Putt Putt. Stayed in and am enjoying the peace and quiet. Glenda I ahve been following all the controversy on the other sites about the Wendie Plan. Try it and let us know how it works for you. I think it could be a good idea. Peggy
Old 06-21-2001, 09:51 PM   #15  

Default and so it goes on and on..........

more doom and gloom from the US. I am sick of trying to figure it out and how it will effect us I am trying to put it all out of mind and concentrate on getting better and enjoying the weekend with the friends that are coming over.

Slavika just loved your 'song', could well be my theme song as well

Trudy the film you spoke of had it's grand opening here. John Travolta came out for the promotion and Hugh Jackson is from Melbourne and for a bit more absolutely useless trivia, the apartments I live in, Hugh Jackson and his wife also have an apartment. DD told me to carry my camera in case I bump into them in the lift :lol I am not much of a movie person but I do like John Travolta and Hugh Jackman is a very down to earth person and someone I probably would say hello to if I should see him in the lift.

Karen thank you for the tip, I will try it out, I also believe in aroma therapy and have tried the peppermint oil in one of those burners but not the way you suggested to use it.

Glenda great effort with the smoking, I know how hard it is. WW next you'll be the healthiest person around unless you go to the snow without snow boots

Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread