Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #16  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

OMG!!! Es, amiga, Jen & Terri:

I'm here - I'm alive and kicking and deserve at least 20 lashes with a wet noodle from you guys So sorry I haven't been around lately. Its a combination of minor happenings. I say minor, because in the scheme of things that have been happening in our world, everything else is minor in comparison. Still pretty annoying though. One thing has been work - its been so crazy that by the time I get home, I just want to eat, shower and go to bed. Another thing is that last week on my way to work something blew into my eye, it was really windy. Anyway, turned out I had to leave work, rush to an opthamologist (sp?) because it felt as though I had a razor blade in my eye everytime I blinked. So, I had to get an anestetic in my eye while they turned the lid over (I know, YUK!) and apparently what ever it was in my eye had actually become imbedded and they had to give my eye a bath and it finally (some yucky brown thing - probably a leaf) came out, but in the course of trying to get it out on my own, apparently I wound up with several scratches on my eye. So I got some meds to take for 4 days. I took off the next day, cause the last thing I was gonna be up for was sitting at a computer. Phew! Thank goodness the eye is one of the fastest healing organs, so I'm fine now.

So, please accept my apologies for not being around and hope you don't throw me out of the group - I missed you all too.

I know there's tons of posts to read and I will but I did want to say:

Jen - So sorry about Aunt Ginny, I know how much you loved her. But I'm so glad that you and your family had that wonderful visit with her before. You will always have great memories to last your lifetime. Thanks for the photo you sent - you all look alike, especially around the mouth - what a terrific shot.

Es, amiga - Too cute about Sadie - lucky for her you have such a soft spot for animals. I, unfortunately, have an irrational fear of cats. I mean its actually physical - the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up if I'm anywhere near a cat. Weird, I know, but that's life. I cross the street if I see a cat on my side I truly believe that if a cat ever jumped into my lap or - God Forbid - onto my bed, I would drop dead of a heart attack, no joke!

Terri - Thanks to you to for the beautiful photo of your family - I can't believe how the kids have grown so much since we first started coming here. Time sure does fly.

Okay, I'm at work and my boss is in a meeting, so I took a few mins. to post. I love you guys and will try to come in as often as possible.

Hi to Sandy, Ruthie and ZoeGirl - hope you're all okay.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 11-21-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:51 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Talking

Whoooo hoooo! Thanks, Dianne, for posting and letting us know you're okay. What an awful thing to happen to your eye Hope you're on the mend.
You know we're family now, and we worry if we don't hear
from someone....
At any rate, glad to know that you've been busy in addition to your eye injury, and not just dumping us!

Weigh in tomorrow

HI Terri, Es, Sandy...where are you? Zoe....stop by!
luv,
~Jen
Old 11-22-2005, 04:40 PM   #18  

Jen - I would NEVER in a Trillion Years dump you guys - you're my buddies

I did forget to say that another "minor" happening in my life is that I have actually volunteered (must be nuts ) in the church nursery on sundays with infants and toddlers up to the age of 4. Its actually been fun - they're so cute.

One of my favorites is Luke - he's the "no" kid - everything is no. When one of the other volunteers told him I was Miss Dianne - he said "no, you not Miss Dianne". Another time I told him "you're so handsome Luke" and he said "no, I not handsome, my mommy handsome" He's funny, but needs to be watched cause he's like a little bull dog with the other kids. Anyway, I've only been doing it 4 weeks and they've already made me a supervisor, lololol. Go figure.

Hi Es, Terri, Sandy, Zoe & Ruthie

Be back tomorrow, I hope.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I lost 2.2 pounds My goal is to reach a total of 35 by Christmas. It's not coming off as quickly as I had anticipated (ok, dreamed) and I know I have to focus on staying committed. Today's meeting was good..."quitting is not an option" .

Dianne,
Too funny about Luke; he sounds like quite the little man!

One more day of work and then a 4 day weekend!

HI Terri and Es, Sandy and Zoe!

~Jen
Old 11-23-2005, 08:37 PM   #20  

Hi Everybuddy,

I know I deserve at least a few lashes myself for staying away. I have missed all of you great friends a lot.

I especiallly wanted to drop in and wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. We will all be going to Mike's brother's for Turkey day. Mike drove out to Amherst today to pick Greg up from school. It is funny, I know Dave lives here, but since he fell in love he is basically at his girlfriend's all the time.

Jen, sorry about the loss of your dear Aunt Ginny. Also, I wanted to say I am so proud of you sticking with WW and doing so well this year. Keep your eye on the prize.

Es, A big welcome to Sadie. I just watched a documentary about the pet rescuers after Katrina. Loving and caring for animals is such a special quality that you have.

Terri, Enjoy your traditions together. Family rituals are great to share. Good luck with the big game and enjoy Harry Potter too.

Diane, so glad to see you here too, I hope your eye is completely healed. I was teaching Sunday School in our church this fall, and I was with the 3 year olds. It has been so much fun, given that my baby is 18, it took quite an adjustment to realize how tiny people can be and still be articulate.

I hate to say that Mike still has no real job leads, we are getting by and economizing, but I can hardly wait for a change for the better. I still work just part time, and after the holidays if nothing has changed, I think I will be looking for a full time job too.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,
Luv ya's all,
Sandy
Old 11-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

All I can say is thank you, Sandy...and Dianne, also, for posting and letting us go on and on...
Life certainly throws us many loops and scenarios; how we deal with them is what makes us the people we are.

Dianne,
I feel great when I'm with Matt and Brandon! Their youth and enthusisiam really rub off on those around them.

Sandy,
I'm so glad to hear from you...and hope that things turn around.
How is your garden going? Do you plant fall/winter crops? We can't do so here...am hoping we'll get some brussel sprouts for tomorrow's dinner.
Hang in there..your 3 year olds will certainly give you a new perspective on life!
Please keep in touch.

Luv you all,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 11-23-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #22  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

WOO HOOOUR GROUP IS BACK!

You guys had me worried. You're lucky I don't live near by. I would of been at your door saying "sup".

Mi amiga, I missed you more than words can say. Too funny about the cats. Why are you so afraid of them? They won't hurt you. I had to keep this one, especially since no one wanted her. We spoil her but Sammy is still our boy! He always wants to sit on my lap. So, now you're taking care of kids. Luke sounds cute. I was around 10 kids on Thanksgiving but I was prepared with my Advil Migrane. OMG

Jen, WTG with your loss. I wish I could lose 10 by Xmas. Wishful thinking.

Sandy, when Pete was laid off a few yrs. ago, things were tight but we knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Pray about it & it will happen.

Terri, you mentioned something about a calender. How would I do that?

I better go(for now)

Hugs to all, especially you Brittany.

Last edited by Rios426; 01-02-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #23  

Hi Everyone.. ..remember me!! L.J. here..... I have been 'lost' out here, trying to find myself....I am so glad you are all still here...the best support I found...hope I am still welcome.

I have been *bad* no other way to put it....need I say more!!

I have not had the chance to read everything, but I am glad to find you all again.

To those of you who have been successful...congrats!!
To those with hard times....hang in and God Bless!!
To those struggling...we can do this, right!!!

Hope to 'see' you all soon..............Lj
Old 11-26-2005, 07:03 PM   #24  

Hi guys:

Es, you are too funny - I wish you would come to my house and say "sup", lololol! I think my fear of cats comes from a time when I was younger and found a tiny kitten, brought it home, fed it with a bottle and then thought I could take it out and walk it like a dog Well, needless to say this kitten was not thrilled with going out of the house and it grabbed on to my neck and I guess scared the everliving daylights outta me and ever since then I have a really bad fear of them. Well, that ain't ever gonna change, so if that's the worst fear I have, I'll live with it.

Jen - congrats on your loss you are doing so well. Its gonna be so worth it when Joey & Ilianna's wedding comes around. You'll look and feel so like a million $ !!!

Hi L.J. - you're welcome here anytime, girl. Hey if they took me back, they'll take you back. I know how you're feeling with the weight thingy - I'm not doing great myself, but I know I will get back on track and then 'look out'!

Hey Terri, hope you and the family are doing well. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving - I pigged out a bit, but you know me - I usually don't skimp on the holidays and then I'll get right with it. We can do it!!!

Hi Sandy, welcome back to you too - so good to hear from you. I hope things get better soon job-wise for Mike.

Tomorrow is nursery for me - then I'm off for the month (nursery wise) - its one month on and one month off.

A week from today Willie and I leave for Florida. He's going on some training for retirees and I get to go free. The training is in West Palm Beach for 4 days and then we will stay an extra 3 days so we can visit Steven. It should be fun. It will be the first birthday I've ever spent in the sun! Can't wait.

Talk to you's soon - hi zoegirl & ruthie

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #25  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Welcome back, LJ! It's so cool to see everyone again
We all struggle, doesn't matter, as long as we don't give up, right?

I ate way too much on Thanksgiving. Stuffing myself with stuffing That's ok, it was one day.

Jess and her family stayed for two nights, so Joe and I really got our grandson fix They left a little while ago and I'm pooped! Mike helped Joe get all the Christmas decorations down from the attic; the tree is up and lit. Tomorrow Joe attends an all day convention downtown, so I'll decorate the tree and watch my Bears.

Hi to all.

~Jen
Old 11-27-2005, 08:10 AM   #26  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

LJ, welcome back. I've said gazillion times, just because we go off program does not mean you have to stop posting. We are friends. It's not always about weightloss/gain it's about friendship. How many times have I been off program & I'm still here. We're happy to have you back.

Di, mi amiga, tht kitten was more afraid of you than you were of him. LOL Nice time to be going to Fla. I heard it's in the 70's.

Jen, so many people have their decorations up already! They don't waste any time. I love it.

Well, gotta go. I have to go buy a wreath for my door.

Have a great day.

Luv u's
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-02-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #27  

Hello my buddies:

Jen - So cool you got your grandson fix and have your tree up already. I'm debating whether to try and put mine up this week before we leave for Florida or just wait til we get back. Kind of can't wait to see that beautiful revolving tree in the window though. We'll see. I still have to get my summer clothes out for the trip, get my haircut, etc. Steven's company is having a Holiday party the day after we get to his house and its gonna be in the "Keys" somewhere and overnight. Should be fun.

Es, amiga, "sup" ? lol, I love it. How was your turkey day? Ours was quiet during the early part of the day since it was just me, Willie and Alana - we are not great turkey eaters so I made a pernil, arroz con gandules, maple glazed sweet potatoes, asparagus and a salad. It was good. Then we went to Lisa's for dessert - Justin joined us there cause he had to work that day. We played charades and had lots of fun. It felt like 2 weekends in one.

Hi Terri, Sandy, ZoeGirl, Ruthie and L.J. - hope your'e all doing well. Just wanted to come in and say hi to my "homegirls" (lol, trying to keep up with Es!). Have a great day everyone and I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Attached Images
File Type: gif Tree_18.gif (2.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
how nice that you'll be getting away...to somewhere warm makes it even better! What is pernil?

Es,
do you buy a fresh wreath? I love to put that on the front door, since we have an artificial tree at least we get the fragrance of the pine wreath.

Well, didn't get the tree decorated after all. This will be the yucky week, with totes/boxes all over the house till it's finished. Between laundry, gift-wrapping, etc...the day got away from me yesterday. I've got all week, right?

LJ,
how's it going? don't be a stranger!

HI to all.....Terri, Sandy, Zoe...
~Jen
Old 11-28-2005, 10:35 PM   #29  

Thanks everyone for the back and the reenforcement...I sure do need that....... things have been so bad for me of late....don't even want to say what I have put *back* on since I have been away.
Weathering Hurricane Wilma only added to my stress level. It was awful. What a freaking mess. It hit our area dead on - never experienced anything like that before, being a Native NY'er that is. We weren't able to get a room at any hotel and so we stood home.... actually watched roofs go flying and parts of houses. Someones' ceiling fan from down the street on the opposite side landed in our backyard....i-yia yia!...
The only good part was no refrigeration for a few days, so no food to speak of ... well let's just say I made up for that......

Well moving right along....a month later and I am still out of sorts, never really been OP....what the is up with that!! My weight, that's what's up with that!! I swear if I don't do something I am going to explode, or that is at least how I feel.

I am off this week and I promised myself I'd be good.....NOT!!!!!!!!!
So tomorrow AGAIN I try to stay the straight and narrow before I go back to work that much heavier and I really hate myself.

Not looking too forward to the holidays....quite not the same here...something wrong with hearing Let It Snow....when it's 80 degrees out

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, ours was quiet and hot! Not into putting a tree up....I can't seem to get into it....so much to get done from damage of Wilma...my BRAND new car got damaged....broken windshield and roof and hood damage.

I have GOT to get back on the track friends...I am glad you are all still here to help me along...I must come back more often even if just to read or post a feeling, straying away isn't an option at this point. Look what happened!!

Thanks again ALL OF YOU for being there.....
Caio for now Bella's ............Lj
Old 11-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #30  

Hi everyone. It is so good to hear from y'all.
I am so glad that Thanksgiving was good for all of you. Ours was great.

L.C.
I am so glad you are all right with the hurricane. Scary stuff.

Dianne,
I am so glad your eye is ok. What a relief when the pain let up.
That is cool about the little ones. Enjoy!!!!! Enjoy Florida too. I know you will.

Sandy,
I hope everything gets better soon. I am so glad you are all ok.

Jen,
So glad you had the grandson fix. You are doing great.

Es,
Enjoy your wreath.

We decorated this weekend. It is so pretty. I love it. We got an artificial 9 ft. tree. It has white lights and I have small hummel ornaments ( I get 6 every year from my mom), red balls and Thomas Kincaide balls. It is so pretty.
Bruce bought me a Thomas Kincaide tree last year that sits on the table. It is a ski town on the tree and this year he bought a Thomas Kincaide house with snow all over it and inside there are rooms. It recites "Twas the Night before Christmas" and while it does the windows that is mentioned at the time lights up. You can just have it all lit up too. It is beautiful. He gave it to me as I was getting done decorating.
Downstairs we bought a slimline 7.5 ft. tree for the picture ornaments and the homemade ornaments and favorites throughout the year. Bosco is having a blast with it. He sits there and bats at the ornaments that are hanging. He sits under it so we call him the Christmas Cat. We could write a book I swear. He looks so pretty.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread