Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #46  

Kramer has had a few accidents in the house over the years, and Bob doesn't want that to start in a new house. I figure Kramer can have designated areas where he isn't allowed to be (on the new living room furniture for one). When we're gone, he can stay in the laundry room or even in the garage (it's heated).

One of my uncles passed away on Friday. The viewing and funeral are about 3 hours north of us. Bob and I are leaving after school tomorrow, and I'll be taking off of school on Tuesday for the funeral. This uncle is my dad's younger brother. He's the last of the boys. Only 2 aunts left on that side, and one of them is very sick with cancer right now. I miss my parents so much at times like this.

Tim went with me to the house. Did some more measuring, and I think I've changed my mind on where I want the roll top desk to go. Hope it works with the new furniture.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #47  
Susan

Hi,

This was the weekend that I went to San Antonio. I had a good time but Amy and I did it. We got my mom a kitten. Mom wanted one and now she hates it. It's so cute and sweet. She thinks that it should be out and about but it's still hiding under things....We keep telling her to be patient. We'll see.... Honestly, she hurt our feelings.

I can't believe that it's the week of Thanksgiving. Do ya'll have big plans? We don't.

Tammy, TAKE KRAMER!!! Tell Bob to deal with it...... He is part of the family. I'm ready to get a new dog for inside. I'm going to in the spring.

Tina, oh my hot flashes!! I know when my thyroid was out of whack with Graves disease, I had them and it was horrible.

Guess, I'll go finish catching up on General Hospital. I love that show and have watched it since I was in high school.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #48  
Thursday Lady

Happy day before the day before
Susan, I'm so glad you're home. I'm sorry your mother wasn't happy with the puppy. Do you think she'll keep it. Maybe Amy will have a new puppy soon.

How is everyone? I've started cooking. I made a low fat pumpkin pie. Then, I made some Jiffy Mix cornbread for the dressing. Tomorrow it will be the sweet potato casseroles, the fresh cranberry sauce and the turkey.
I'm so ready for the holidays.

Tammy, I hope y'all made it back home safely after the funeral.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 PM   #49  
Susan

Hi,
Our Thanksgiving is going to be pretty low key. We are going over to a friend of Pat's that had hip replacement. Her mom and friend are cooking dinner. This year, I guess I get to be a guest. As for Amy, she has finally talked my mom and dad into coming to her house along with her in laws and my older sister and family. We were talking about it might be time to start having celebrations at the girls houses instead of Mom and Dad's since she gets so stressed.

The kitty has turned out to be more of my Daddy's. They are in the process of bonding and the kitty follows him. The kitty is really cute.

Tina, maybe I'll just come to your house for dinner.

Tammy, I'm sorry about your uncle. Don't over do it with the move too. How many days until retirement now?

I go in the morning for my mammogram. Oh boy!!! I'll be glad to have that done, I haven't had one in 2 years.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #50  

Maybe I'll tell Bob that if I can't take Kramer, I'm getting a kitten. I'm sure he'd agree with that because he's allergic to cats!!!!!!!!

We got home tonight about 5:30. Went straight to the bed for a nap. I have an appt for my yearly checkup in the morning, then I get my hair darkened at 3:00. Between those things I need to make deviled eggs for Thursday at my aunt's house. I also take rolls and green bean casserole. Looking forward to being with them all. This aunt is my mom's baby sister. She's 69 I think. We always play Dominoes, Trivial Pursuit, and any new games that someone has. We're taking a break from the games sometime to take everyone to see the new house. My aunt lives about 2 miles from where we live now, so it won't be a long drive. Load up the vans and go!

Susan, I have been getting mammograms every year since I turned 35.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #51  

Forgot to mention that Tim called Tiffany (the girl he went to a movie with last week) and told her that it's just too soon for him to see anyone else because he's still hung up on Jessica. Then he went to talk to Jess, and he told her that he thinks he made a mistake. I knew that he felt like he had, but I wish he would have given it a little more time to make sure. Young love.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:31 PM   #52  
Thursday Lady

Do y'all remember when we were that young? I'm sure Jessica was happy.

Susan, girl, am I going to have to spank you!!! You should get a mammogram EVERY year. Like Tammy, I've gotten one since I was about 35, maybe a little younger---can't remember. he..he..he.. Senility is coming fast.
Everyone is invited to come on down for Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 AM   #53  

I wish I was there right now Tina! It's snowing and blowing here. About 30 degrees. I'm in the house and I'm cold.

Doctor's visit went well. He gave me a paper to get my mammogram.

Bad news. Decided to get weighed today instead of tomorrow. I was up 5 pounds since last week! I have no idea why, but I sure don't like it. I think it's a fluke and I should reweigh tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just wait until next week. What a bummer!!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:12 AM   #54  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

Tammy, glad the dr. visit went okay. I get my mammogram on Dec. 2nd.

Come on down. Brrrr...... you sound cold. When it really gets cold here, the north wind comes in under the front door and windows.........even with insulation. I'd love to see the snow flurries.

Don't let the weight gain bother you. I weighed today, too, and was up. Mine is from drinking 3 Diet Cokes yesterday. Oooops!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #56  

It was 15 degrees when we left my aunt's house a couple hours ago. The wind is blowing, so it's awful!!!!!!!!! It stopped snowing earlier in the day. We didn't play Trivial Pursuit this year. Spent lots of time playing dominoes and laughing. Took a van load to see the new house. I know it gave my cousin ideas. Both of her kids are out of high school. Andy has his own apartment. Julia is in college so she'll be off on her own soon too. My uncle needs a place like this too. Small, but big enough to move around.

Eye doctor in the morning. Tim told me that all I do is go to the doctor anymore. He is so right. Of course the gyn. and eye doctor are only once a year, but all of my appointments have been in the past 2 weeks.

I made an appointment for a massage! There's a woman who does massages in the office behind where I get my hair done. Decided, why not? It's next Thursday evening.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #57  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Hope everyone is well. Tammy, we got totally dumped on yesterday too!!! We were under a winter storm warning yesterday into today! We got it too. Roads were terrible coming home last night. But it is supposed to warm up a bit next week. Enough to get rid of the snow again I guess. It was probably 5 degrees last night. BRrrrrrr.
Well I WI this week and it said I lost 2 lbs. I blew it yesterday, but hopefully not enough to gain 2 lbs. Today its back OP.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week end.....Sis
Old 11-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #58  
Thursday Lady

Brrrrr..... to Sis and Tammy (and anyone else out there with snow).....

It didn't get up to 80 yesterday like they'd thought. It was cloudy all day. This morning we have fog. Bad thunderstorms are expected tonight and tomorrow. Then, a beautiful day on Sunday with a high of 80 is expected.

Like Sis, I totally blew it yesterday. Silly me got on the scales this morning. I'm not telling what it said.
Larry is up on the ladder working on the gutters. I'm going out front to rake leaves. Even if it doesn't burn a lot of calories, I'll feel better about myself.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday. Please post.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #59  

Sis, I think we need to move to the tropics. No snow!! I think we all kind of blew it yesterday. But it was good, right?

Tina, shame on you for getting on the scales after yesterday!!! lol I thought about it, but I already had a headache and that would have made it worse. Every calorie you burn is better than not burning any. When I roll over in my sleep, I am burning calories. Yes?????

I need to go pack up some boxes either to move or to put in an auction. I've been going through the kitchen cabinets. I figure that stuff I don't use often, I can move to the new place and put them away up there. I already have a few things put away up there, and it makes me feel better.

The painter called today. He may not get to start until Tuesday. I wish it was done. We need to call the furniture store about delivery.

Had an email from the principal. He wants me to give him a couple times that he can come in to observe me before Christmas. He's been there about 10 years, and he has only observed most of us once or twice. He has been told that this year he actually has to do his job!!! Trouble is, when teachers have given him times to come in, he says he'll be there, and then he doesn't show up. He's such a rude person, and he gets away with it because the superintendent is such a jerk too.

My aunt is good friends with the treasurer at our school. They both agree that things have gone to pot. They are both glad that I'm almost finished. Not more glad than me though!!! I was reading over our contract last night about sick leave policy. Need to talk to someone at OEA and see what options I have. I'd love to just use my sick days next year and not even teach. I know I wouldn't get the severance pay if I use them, but I don't care anymore.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:07 PM   #60  
Susan

Hey there,
Ok I havent' been getting notices again. Boo!!!

I got my mammogram!!! Everything was good. My doctor told me last year to do it after my milk dried up. Then I just didnt' have the strength to do it.

I had my sleep study on Friday night. Boy that was fun! Not!!! I'll get the results in a few days I guess. My doctor is suppose to call me with them.

Thanksgiving was good. We went to a friends house. It was nice not having to cook and have all the left overs.

I'm trying something new. I'm going to ride my bike every morning for 30 minutes and then eat only 1/2 of what ever I have. Let's see if that works. I know I eat way too much.

SNOW!!!! BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Now girls don't laugh, it was 59 this morning and I was freezing. You are more than welcome to come down here and you will never see it. When you do, the whole town closes up! Ya'll would just laugh. Stay warm!!!!

Tammy, take care of yourself!!! Wish I was there to help you move and get everything done.
Closed Thread