Old 10-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #1  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Weigh In Thread 10/30 thru 11/5

If you dare!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:01 PM   #2  

Gained .8

No biggy, but the scale needs to go down next week. I think it was probably just a matter of wearing more clothes weighing in tonight.

Good luck everybody!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #3  

Great attitude Steph!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #4  

Down five yes that is right down five! Yippe Skippee
Old 11-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #5  

TOO AWESOME LUFLIC!! Just curious..did you eat Flex Pts?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #6  

I ate half of them and I ate all my normal points I had been cheating myself out of points thinking that was better. Not so..... Also I ate the oil not all but I really had taken it out of my diet and put some back. Who knows but thankfully I lost!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #7  

That's great...I was wondering if those flex pts would help you..glad they did...struggling with the oil thing myself...I think I am scared to use it b/c I am not sure how to cook with it correctly. I have flax seed capsules..wonder if you would count pts for those?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #8  

Congratulations, Luflic!!!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #9  

You ladies are doing so well. Glad to hear you used those flex points Luflic!!!!!

I struggle with the oil too. A couple weeks ago Maggie and Kitty ahd some great ideas for me. It was in one of the menu threads recently. I hat ecooking with it. evenw hen I'm not on plan I cook with very little oil, butter, or greas eof any kind. I make eggs and veggies in water. My pans are teflon, so just a little splash of water keeps stuff from sticking. I hate "wasting" two points on oil.

Well kids are up go to run!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #10  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

down 1 lb today. Woo Hoo!!! Well, at least I'm going in the right direction.

Misty, you should waste 2 pts on olive oil. It's so good for your heart. If you don't want to use olive oil, use a little canola oil. It's the next best one for your heart.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #11  

YAY, KITTY!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are right about the oil. I need to use it. I do the same thing with milk. I hate to waste 4 points on milk. I have some 1 point high fiber yogurt, it has splenda. But I can't eat too much of it b/c of the headache factor. So I struggle with dairy. I am a volume eater, to me 1 cup of milk is worth more than a slice of cheese. The milk is more satisfying. But for the same 4 points as 2 cups of milk I could eat a lean cuisine. I am trying to put more milk in my coffee and tea. That way I get in all my dairy. But since splenda started giving me headaches I don't drink much tea and coffee b/c I like it sweet and don't want to waste points on sugar. LOL I make it so complictaed LOL
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #12  

YIPPY Kitty!! Congrats!!! WI is tomorrow...fingers crossed!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

what about those sprays like PAM, what kind of points do they have? I use those a lot more than I do cooking oil.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #14  

Hi Jen!

WW wants you to know get 1 tsp of "healthy" oils each day. They've added that to thier healthy guidlines like milk, veggies and water. So Pam wouldn't count, I was wondering though if they make a olive il one. Also that one guy on food network has a sprayer thing for regular oils. I was wondering if I could use one of those.

I use pam sometimes too. The WW book lists it at 0 for a one second spray. It's 7 calories for every second. So if you use more than 4-5 seconds, I think, it's a point. I used to use it for grilled cheese and count it as 0. But, technically for most everything I use it for my average spray is probably 3-6 seconds. So it's at least a point, sometimes it's more. Like if I make oven fries and such I use alot mroe than a 1 second spray. With the grilled cheese I decided if I am using a point on pam might as well use that point and get something better tasting like 1 TB of I can't believe it's not butter light. So I've gotten so I don't use it much.

The zero thing can be tricky, b/c 0 times 0 is 0. But if you actually look at calories for something like baby carrots (10 carrots) 1 serving is 0, but two servings is 1. So with something like that you could quickly rack up a couple extra points a day thinking they are unlimited. I know people who eat a whole bag of them and count it as 0. Same thing with stuff like Pam.

Last edited by MistySeptember; 11-05-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #15  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Hello ladies!

I lost two pounds this week, which is really such a great feeling. I just knew I had gained because I hadn't weighed in for three weeks and I wasn't eating well at all. So it was refreshing to see the numbers go down. I had also been stuck at 190 for five weeks. I didn't know what to do about it, so my trainer suggested I should increase my cardio. She said that what had happened was my body was finally getting used to the way I was eating, and that now I needed shock it again with more cardio.

So I've been assigned to do cardio twice a day for 3 days a week. Those three days are in addition to the two days a week I meet with her for weight training (and I do cardio on my own). Last week I didn't do the twice a day thing, but I did go once a day every day for 30 minutes of cardio. So I'm pretty pleased. I'm kicking it up this coming week, so we'll see how much more I'll lose (because I'm gonna lose, dammit! ).

And yeah, Misty, that's a really good point. There was a snack food that I loved that was 0 points (I can't recall now...weird), but anyway, I tried to eat as much of it as I wanted...until I did the math and realized that I was quickly burning through my points.

Well, I better go. I have student papers to read. Bah.

Take care all!
~Amanda
Closed Thread