Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are ~

Hi there
Just stopping in to say hi and guess what??!!! NOONE HAS BEEN HERE!
I'm SURE there are some 3fc members here who are from the areas that got hit and I'm just about to go surfing around the sight to see what's up. It's gotten to the point where I have to turn the T.V. off sometimes because I get so upset. I'm sure you all feel the same way and if you have any family or relatives there...I hope and pray that they are safe and well.

I hope some of you take the time to stop in and let me know how you're doing with your weight, life and just about anything else you'd like to talk about. As for me...I'm FINALLY getting all of my water in. Broke down and bought the 12 packs of bottled water so I could always have one in my hand. When I had the large gallon size...I didn't always feel like getting up to pour a glass or didn't have the time. Now, I just leave it out on the counter and just grab and go. Hey, it's working for me as far as the water part...so I'm sticking with it. As for my eating...I KNOW I'm not getting enough veggies in and am going to go back to buying the 6packs of the V-8. I love that stuff. And once again, they are in individual cans so I can just "grab and go".

Hope to see some of you in here soon. Hey!! I miss you guys!!!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #2  

Hi Pamela Jo:
My son left yesterday to go back to California. He was here about 10 days. He was on his vacation so didn't do any work around here for me. I asked him to put two screw type things on my kitchen wall near the sink so I could hang some small items there, but do you think he did it? No, he didn't. I mentioned it several times and left the screws on the table near his plate. He still thinks I should buy a one-floor house. I guess I would if the prices of real estate around here hadn't taken such a big jump.

I have a friend that lives in Florida but in Lake Worth (North of Ft. Lauderdale) so I am assuming she is alright. She is 94 years old and went to live with her daughter. She lived 4 blocks from me when she was in Virginia. We phone each other frequently but when my son was here she decided not to phone too much. I think I will phone her now.

Love,
Freddie
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #3  

Hi all. This is such a terrible time! I have watched everything (as much as I could anyway) since it all happened. It is so sad. I am so glad Oprah, John Travolta, Chris Rock, Lisa Presley, Julia Roberts, William Mconahay (sp?) and all of the others went down there to help out! So many are coming together to help. It is nice to see every one that is helping. I wish I could have done the same. The Oprah show yesterday and today was all about all of this. It is so sad. I worked out during the show both days. It made me work out harder because I was getting upset at the same time. So sad.

I just re-joined WW online last night. I was calorie counting for the past week but I don't think I did it correctly and it was getting hard. And as I was reading the American Heart Association No-Fad Diet book it sounds just like WW!!! So I decided to try it again. I am thinking with all I have learned this past week plus on these boards that I will succeed on WW this time!

PJ I noticed you live in Florida. How is everything down there? Did I hear right that another hurricane is coming? I don't know how you all can live down there. I would be freaked out. I am freaked out enough up here in Illinois with storms! I have panic attacks during storms. I can't handle it. I am not sure what caused it. But I freak out.

Well, I hope all are safe!! God bless everyone.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #4  

Hey PJ -

First day I've been on the computer all week. Classes started this past week at work and I pulled 4 days of double shifts. Man, do I hurt. I maintain classrooms for our distance education program and we do classes to Singapore, hence the long hours. Lord knows what weigh in will be like tomorrow, because I missed dinner more often than not this week.

<waves to Tracy> Welcome to the group!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Welllllllll, hello there ladies~~~~~~~

How lovely to FINALLY SEE YOUR BUTTS IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk

U guys know i lova ya...!

Aaaanyhooooooo,

Elaine - Wow..FOUR doubles..your butt must be killing you....not to mention your back. Hope you're recooped for yet another week. awww, hang in there and I'm actually very much aware of the Singapore time difference as my ex used to and still does go there often on business. Now THAT is a loooooong flight and big time difference.

TMunday - We're all fine. Just got ALOT of rain and wind. I got back from spending a few days in Daytona beach with my cousin 2 days ago. Went there to look at some investment property for ONE DAY and wound up staying there for three!! I've been here for 10 years now and if there's one thing I HAVE learned about the weather...it's that you don't drive about 3 hours when it's pouring out and you've got wind gusts up to 40mph on the highway. Sooo, we decided to make it a little "mini" vacation and enjoyed the beautiful and huge waves on the ocean and relaxed a bit. Tomorrow? Business as usual.

Hi Freddie- Yes, I'm sure that by now you've called your friend and know that she's just fine. The only reason it was a bit rough where I was is because I was right on the atlantic ocean....Ft. Lauderdale is about 4 hours south of where I was and they didn't get anything but rain. As usual, it's great to "see" you here. AND IF I WAS THERE...I'D HAVE FIXED ALL YOUR STUFF FOR YOU....I'LL HAVE TO HAVE A TALK WITH THAT SON OF YOURS !!!!!!!!!!!

I have NOT stayed on program ALL WEEKEND. I had pastries this morning!!!!! and then tried to make up for it by having fruit for dinner. MY BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yesterday my cousin fixed my family a fabulous T-bone steak dinner with double stuffed potatoes and cawliflower (sp?) alfredo. I just COULD NOT even THINK of staying on program with all of that in front of me. And besides...I didn't want to insult her ......you know how it is....hehehhehe

Well, time for me to lay this weary head down and call it a night. Hope you're all doing well......and I hope to SEE YOU GUYS AROUND THIS WEEK.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:18 AM   #6  

PJ,

Oh man, I would have been flipping out haha. I bet the waves were pretty... but I would have come up with every reason to get out of there haha. I am a terrible chicken when it comes to any kind of storms lol.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #7  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

PJ!!! You were right near me!!! I'm so close to Daytona Beach!! I hope you enjoyed your stay!

:c)

I'm glad all is well with the NightOwls!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #8  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Tracy and Erin - Hi!

Erin - I'm closing on an apartment complex in a couple of weeks and I'll be putting in new tiled floors and doing alot of painting....so I'll be up there alot and we'll meet.

Tracy - I'm afraid of storms too. Just not AS scared as I used to be. I've been through a few...but I don't think ANYONE ever lets their guard down totally.

Went to a ColdPlay concert with my cousin last night...HAD SOOO MUCH FUN WITH MY DAUGHTER AND HER FRIEND. I felt like a little kid!

Ok...that's about it on this end. Hopey ur all having a great week. "See" you all soon.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #9  

I bet not! Anywhere as a matter of fact!

How is the weather down there so far?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Waayyyy too hot and humid! I am soooo ready for "winter". It's been so hot...that we've been getting those HUGE RED SUNS that you see just before it goes down and it gets dark. I'm in a blah mood tonight and have no idea why. Probably exhaustion. sooo, I'm going to bid you "adoo" and hope you're having a better night than I.
Sweet Dreams everyone,

Last edited by PJ; 09-16-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:33 PM   #11  

<waves> I seem to only have time on weekends these days. My schedule should lighten up a bit in a few weeks. At least it isn't as crazy as the week before. But still tiring.

PJ, I've never done the Singapore flight myself (usually lucked out with the UK trips when I had to go for work) but I know it's a 28 hour flight, so I'm glad I haven't had to go.

Sounds like your sunsets would make for great pictures. I could do without the heat, though. It's been muggy here and I'm still waiting for that New England fall to kick in - makes for great weather - crisp cool air and blue skies. Only wish it would come and visit!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 AM   #12  

Hello....<echo, echo, echo....>

Where is everyone?

<peers out of the monitors and wonders where everyone has gone>
Closed Thread