Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #1  

Default Plan to Succeed

We all know how important it is to plan in order to achieve successful weight removal. That's what this thread is about

This is a thread to encourage everyone to come up with plans/schedules for exercising. I'm sure a bunch of you already do this. It's always good to have a plan A, a plan for when things go like clockwork. When plan A fails, because sometimes stuff just hits the fan, it's important to come up with as many back-up plans as you can to make time for yourself. That's one of the concepts from Dr. Peeke's book, to give due credit. So, if anyone feels like putting up their plan A's, B's, and C's, feel free. If not, that's cool too, I know all of you are busy!

My Plan A Exercise Schedule:
Monday: 1:15pm-1:45pm
Tuesday: 10:30am-11:30am
Wednesday: 6:30pm-7:30pm
Thursday: 5:30pm-6:30pm
Friday: 2:00pm-3:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am-9:30am
Sunday: free day

My Plan B Exercise Schedule (Busy with School):
Monday: 7:30am-8:00am
Tuesday: 10:30am-11:30am
Wednesday: 7:30am-8:00am
Thursday: free day
Friday: 7:30am-8:00am or keep regular time
Saturday: 7:30am-8:30am or keep regular time
Sunday: 12:00pm-1:00pm (instead of Thursday)

Of course it can't always be possible to think up a schedule for every situation before it happens, but once the situation presents itself it's good to create a plan that suits your new schedule (after you catch your balance). In general, Dr. Peeke refers to these numerous back-up plans as "regrouping."

I hope this thread helps!
Old 09-11-2005, 01:32 PM   #2  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Dude...I'll go with you on MWF, if you do your plan B for those days, lol.

But this thread is a good idea, sister. Now to think about what my plan for success should be...hmmm...*ponders* I'll have to come back to this, definitely.

~Amanda
Old 09-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #3  

Hi. I love this concept!! I currently try to work out at 5 am (before the kids get here). If I don't get up by then I workout at 6:00 am (after the kids get here). If I still don't make it I workout at naptime. So I guess that could be considered A,B, and C?

I need to schedule my entire day really. When I worked in daycare the kids had a great schedule. I want to apply that to my regular life as well as schedule my daily chores and housework (so maybe it will actually get done?). Latley, I have been sleeping on the couch while teh kdis sleep in teh morning, squeezing in housework and exercise and it's really stressing me out b/c nothing ever really gets done. I chose to quit work and stay home with my kids b/c I wanted them to have the best of both worlds. With my education and work backgrounds there is no reason my kids shouldn't get the structured learning that daycare and preschool offer as well as the easy going atmosphere of being home.

But latley we aren't doing much of anything. I am frustrated the kids are bored and not learning what they should. And my house, I can't even talk about it. When I am stressed about these things I eat and skip my exercise.

So Mink, you have inspired me to take a look at what how I want my entire DAY to go. I will schedule exersice just like I would an appointment. I will also include "back up" times So now I am off to schedule my day and make sure I am making time for me.
Closed Thread