Thread for Aug. 28th-Sept. 3rd

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Misty hope the car is great! It is so fun to get a new vehicle.
    Maggie I do some counseling at the local jail. I really like it also.Enjoy the day. My heart is breaking for all the people in the south.
  • Hey Slimmin Sistas! I just joined WW on Sat. and started on Monday. I would like to lose 67 lbs...but am just focusing on short term right now. I began exercising and working with a trainer 6 weeks ago today...and I haven't lost a lb...so time to take control of the eating part. I am really looking forward to losing this weight and getting healthy for life! I was hoping I could join you guys. I need all of the support I can get. I will be weighing in on Saturday's. I am 29 years old with a DH and a 2 year old DD. I live in Lake Charles, LA and thankfully was missed by the hurricane but my heart hurts for the others. It is truly devistating. We have a friend whose father and grandparents have not been heard from since yesterday morning and at that time they were headed up to their attic b/c the water was rising so quickly in their home. Please keep all of the folks in your thoughts and prayers. Anyway...hope I can join you guys and get to losing!!

Marcie
  • Hi Marcie & Welcome to the Slimmin Sistas.

I was watching coverage from New Orleans & Gulfport on the evening news tonite. I've never seen such devastation as that. I hope your friend's family got to safety OK. Everyone is in my prayers.

The Sistas will keep you on track, that's for sure. When you call for help to stay on the wagon, we'll come & drag you back on it. Kicking & screamin' if necessary.

Have a good evening, we'll talk to you soon.
  • I am in such a pissy mood! I'm still hungry from dinner, I had a healthy choice pizza thing and it was not worth 6.5 pts at all. I have another one in there, but I will be maxed out on my points if I do, and I'm trying to not eat so much at the high end of my points. My dog is bugging me, he's asked out so many times, and when I take him out he doesn't do anything except find stupid sticks that are 2 times longer than him and carry them around.

I hope everyone is in a much better mood than I am!!

~Liz
  • Hmmm...Liz, it sounds like you need a fruit fix! You should go to the market and get yourself something delicious and sweet before the season's out. I have stocked my fridge full of pre-sliced apples (yes, I am that lazy, lol), and they are divine! Definitely come in handy when I find myself feeling irritated and pissy. Something about the natural sugars that just pep me up. Good luck!

~Amanda
  • GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

WELCOME, MARCIE!!!!!! I am sooo glad you came to join us! I am also glad to hear you are ok after the devistation that has hit your area. The thoughts and prayers of my entire family are with you and everyone who is being effected by this.

Ok so I didn't make it to Onederland. But serisouly how could I when I ate like 5 cupcakes and three pieces of pizza and who know swhat else yesterday. I said I was ok with it, but had a bit of "Aw who gives a crap" last night and I ate whatever for dinner, plus icecream. I was probably not too bad on points though b/c I ate only some WW toast with some 50% less sugar jelly in the am. I was over but not by more than 30 or LMAO!!!

So anyway, it's a new week. I get a shiney new tracker with all those lovely, unused points. I LOVE WW!!!! When I did the Oprah's bootcamp challenge, you get three days to "cheat". I quickly used up my three days, though I think I made it to almost the end on month one. On that 4th day I had FAILED the challenge. That's it I failed there was no shiney new day. And I just love shiney and new LOL. But with WW each new day I get those new daily points, each new week I get fresh new flex points. It's great!

I just joined a Chirstmas challenge on the Dr. Phil board. I have two friends over there (we're about the only ones there) and we just finished up a summer challenge. Which I didn't meet. Dr. Phil has alot of great ideas, but WW's eating plan is what works for me. But I still try to incorporate Dr. P's keys into my daily thinking.

My goals there were to 1) do my 12 week treadmill workout I found on prevention's site, and 2) lose 20 pounds. Those seem doable.

Maggie-if our leader says Raisinetts count as fruit then Carrot cake counts as fruit AND Veggie LOL!!!!!

Lizzy-Your dog and mine must be related LOL!! Now that I stay home I think he thinks that my purpose in life is to open the door and turn on the water in the tub (Heaven forbid he or my one cat actually drink water that's not so fresh it's still coming out of the tap!). Amanda is right, you need fruit! Oooo fruit that sounds good, maybe I need fruit?

Ok ladies. I think we are finally getting the car tonight. It had two scratches and so they sent it in to get paint. Sheesh! Took me less time to pick the darn thing out!

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!
  • Good morning sweet sistas!

I'm sitting here staring at the clock until it is time to catch the bus to school. City bus that is...
    First day at school on Monday went great. I was very nrevous to say the least. but everything went just fine. I was able to see Lori between my cleasses and we had a picnic lunch together. Yesterday I had no class, but worked a few hours at my old job, soon to be no job. They had a pot luck in honor of me leaving...I did very well, I don't think I over did it at all.
    Tomorrow morning I am starting 2 paper routes to help out with money. That will put a whole new spin on my schedule! I'll be getting up at 4:45AM and doing the routes, they have to be done by 6. It's a great way to get a walk in, and I can't just roll over and say not today! Kinda cool to get paid to walk. I hope to keep the routes until at least x-mas break...we'll see. Then I'll need to get a part time job.

Ok, well here's my food so far for the day...

B-cereal 2p
    1% milk 2p
    grapes 1p

L-2 pieces of bread 1p
    ff bologna ZERO
    ff mayo ZERO
    ff pringles 1p
    diet rite ZERO
    ff pudding cup 2p

S-apple 1p
    PB 3p

D-pork chop 4p
    oil 1p
    mushrooms, onions,garlic ZERO
    green beans ZERO
    butter spray ZERO
    lettuce ZERO
    ff dressing 1p
    1% milk 2p

S-I don't know yet...
    total so far 20
  • LISA!!!!! I have been wondering how you did. I am sooo glad it went well! The paper route idea is AWESOME!!!!!! Wish we had that around here! Our papers are delivered via car. Hope all goes well today.

I am bouncing off the walls today. Have you ever had a really hyper day? I have all kinds of energy, but absolutley no ambition to clean my house LOL.

Did anybody else get a Quick and Healthy Something or Rather Guide in thier meeting? It's a long single sheet of paper with a plan on each side. We got one last night, I guess it allows you to lower your points target to 20 (but if you are losing too quick or aren't satisfied you can increase your food intake up to your normal points target) for two weeks only, but you have to eat from a list. There is a high carb, and a high protien option depending on which keeps you satisfied. You can follow it either on Flex or on Core. It's for a quick jump start or to give you a shake up if you are having a plateau. I was wondering if anyone got it or if anyone is trying it? I don't have a lot of the stuff on the list b/c it's grocery week. But I thought maybe since I am kind of stuck here at the 200 mark (by my own doing). I would try it the best I could.

Well I am being paged by the morning Raptors....my son and daughter screech at each other every morning (and in the car). They sound like something from Jurasic Park. It's funny...until you have to listen to that for an hour and a half in the confined space of a car.
  • Yay Lisa! School's fun...I'm so glad you're enjoying it!! And a paper route sounds exciting, lol. Yeah...leave it to me to think paper routes are exciting. But I like the notion of being paid to walk. That's awesome!

Misty, I received that thing you're talking about...but I think I got it on my first week. I haven't had a chance to really look at it because I've been trying to get myself into a general routine. Does it look any good? I remember glancing at it on my first day thinking, "Oh my God, this is confusing!" Lol...but I think it was because I was being handed so much information that day, so everything was confusing.

Well, I better go. I'm really cutting it close this morning! Ack! Lol.

Have a great day sistas!
    ~Amanda
  • Hey everyone! Thank you for the welcome Kitty and Misty! I am so glad to be here. You all look so supportive! and are doing so well!
    Well my evening had a kink thrown into it food wise. I was at the gym watching the coverage of all the damage from the storm and just started crying. I knew I just had to do something. So I went to the Dollar Store and got 75.00 worth of snacks, drinks, and baby items to take to the Civic Center. We have over 2000 evacuees right now staying there that have nothing. Well I dropped it off and then spent from 6:30-10:00 unloading cars that were full of donations. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. My husband works for the news here and they got us dinner at Wendy's. I got a kids meal chicken nugget....so I was kinda mad at myself for just not eating, but I had too...I was starving and sweating to death. I am pretty sure I worked it off though. I need to go and check the points and record it.

Lisa-A paper route-What a great idea! And to get paid to walk woohoo!
    Misty-I just love getting a new car! BUT I hate the payment
    Keep up the great work Sistas!!

Marcie
  • Hello all! It's nap time! I wish I could crash too!

Amanda-That paper's not super complicated. You just pick the number of items indicated from each column. Like breakfast is says pick 2, so you pick two things from that column. Lunch has multiple comlumns and you just pick how ever many they tell you to. I think I am gonna try it the best I can. I had to kind of improvise at lunch. It's sort of hard to make a meal with your choices. I added basalmic vinegar, which is 0, so my lunch had some flavor. I chose 1 cup of whole wheat pasta, 2 oz of chicken, 1 cup of broccoli and 2 teaspoons of Olive oil. I cooked it all seperatley and tossed it together with a couple Tbls. of vinegar. Wasn't abnd just kind of weird LOL. But I may not be able to follow it everyday for all three meals, b/c like tonight we'll probably eat out.

Marcie-Great job helping out! The world needs more people who are willing to reach out to others. I think you did just fine with your eating. The meal you chose was alot better than many other things you could pick and the portions are small. Plus like you said you probably worked alot of it off.

Well I got some of my house work done, now I am just slacking off. Talk you ladies later
  • Marcie how wonderful of you! Glad to have you with us. My heart is breaking for all the people in your region. So awful. Lifting them in prayer. Can't even begin to imagine I am with you I listen to their stories and just cry. Glad you are here and thankful you and yours are ok Your online sista
  • Welcome, Marcie!

Lizzy, is your knee better?

Lisa, I'm glad school started off well for you! What classes do you have?

Work is finally starting to slow down a bit, so I will hopefully be able to start posting more soon. I've been doing well. I had a bad day WW-wise yesterday...I had a giant Rice Krispie treat, 2 cans of Mt. Dew, and a big cookie plus my normal food. I have no clue how many points anything was, but I'm just going to say that I used all my flex points. Yikes--it may be a long week.

I've been exercising like a mad woman. I'm walking a 15-mile walk next Saturday (the 10th). It starts near where I use to live in Wisconsin, and then we go 15 miles up the Mississippi River. It should be absolutely beautiful! I'm very, very excited! Are any of you familiar with the upper Mississippi? (Bev, I hope you stop by again soon!) It has tall bluffs lining both sides of the river. It's amazing. My parents are also walking with me (DH is too lazy). We have the opportunity to do 4, 8, or 15 miles. I think my parents are doing 4.

Did I already mention that I bought an MP3 player? It's the best idea I've had in a while. It makes my walks seem to fly by. Rather than downloading music from the internet, I burned some of the songs off my CDs.

Bedtime!
  • GOOD MORNING!!!!

I did my second workout. Only 72 more to go in my challenge to myself LOL!!! I feel much better. I almost slept in thinking I could do it later. Then I thought about my day and realized that it' snow or never. I'd like to do some toning, but I am going to wait until the 5th week of my program I think.

Stephanie- GOOD LUCK WITH THE WALK!!! That is so awesome! I am sure you will have a fabulous time.

Well, I'm off to start my day...or maybe crash on the couch for an hour LOL. I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Good morning and Happy Thursday!
    Welcome to the new sista's! I am glad that you found our little corner on here!
    I hope everyone is doing well today, it's been hard for me to get on here and read/post since I started school...maybe once I get used to the schedule it will be better.

I started my paper routes today! It was so nice and cool out this morning, and so quiet out! I didn't have a hard time getting up at 4:45 and the walk felt great!

School is going well. I have not declared a major yet, so I am just taking some gen eds right now. Here is my day on M W F...

2 paper routes done by 6am
    Breakfast,shower,dress,pack lunch etc.
    Take city bus to school 7:40am
    ART 100 Elements & Principles 8-9:50am
    WOST 110 Intro to Women Studies 10-10:50am
    Lunch with Lori
    URBS 100 Urban Studies:Intro to the City 12-12:50pm
    AST 100- Intro to Astronomy 1-1:50pm
    Take city bus home, get home by 2:05
    afternoon snack
    3-4 pm NAP
    then homework,make dinner,clean up dinner, more homework, laundry,more homework.....
    bed hopefully at a decent time.

T & Th I work part time at my old job until they replace me. Usually 3-4 hours each of those days, then homework.
    Wow, I need a nap just from typing all of that!
    Ok, I need to get going. I will try to post again later today...

Have a super day!

~Izzy(Lisa)