Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:11 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Thoughts (8/11)

It's WAY to early!!!! But here goes....

Happy Thursday!

DS woke with my 5 am alarm. I really would have rather had him not awake, but it was nice to sit with him in the darkened livingroom and cuddle. I have never had as much of that cozy snuggly time with him b/c his sister is so demanding. Then when he was just 6 months old I took on babysitting two more. When it was DD and I we used to sit for hours and cuddle and read. I have never had that time with my son.

Well ladies. What can I do to stay awake for 30 minutes until the next child comes? LOL!! Hey maybe I can exercise!!! I can't walk or treadmill but I can do weights and abs. Ok I am off to fullfill my workout obligations. This is really the first time I've committed to exercise in weeks, maybe months!

Have a great Thursday!!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Mornin' Misty,

You put me to shame...I just now finished my 15 min walk away the pounds. So, one day done excercise-wise. Now I will turn my attention to meal planning...lol

TTFN
Old 08-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #3  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Please, please, please someone pull me out of this slump! Like clockwork, just like very other time I've done WW, it's the 10-pound trap. I lose 10 pounds and then sabotage myself. This time, I fully expected it, prepared for it but still wasn't able to overcome it. And it has me in its grip. Really, really tight.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  

Maggie - You can do this!!! We all know you can. I know exactly what you mean by falling into a trap and sabotaging yourself - that's what we all do. Just focus on today. I know that's "easier said than done", but you know you can stay OP just for today. And then you'll feel so good about yourself that you'll be able to make it thru tomorrow (or if not tomorrow, the next day). I keep telling myself I'll never be perfect but I'm d**n well going to do the best I can!!! Hang in there, girl .....
Old 08-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #5  

Maggie- I am right there with you. That newness has worn off, counting gets monotonous and annoying. You have to plan so far ahead so you can make sure you can fit everything in. It happens everytime to me.

But this time is different! We're here, we have each other. I'm reaching out and pulling you back. And I am kicking you in the can...

Don't think about the pounds, don't think about the ones you've lost or the ones you need to lose. Just focus on today. Challenge yourself to follow your points today. Maybe try the core program for a day. I know they say to do it for a full week, but maybe sometimes we have to bend the rules to fit our life. If you like it try it another day. Just to see if it will help shake things up enough for you. Try a new recipe something fun to help take the drudgery out of calculating. This website has some great stuff with points already done for you! Cooking something new always makes me feel refreshed and challenged. Maybe switch up your exercise. Once you get rolling again you can focus on reaching a new mini goal.

You need to push past this point. Go back and read what you wrote about that dreaded 6 week mark. We'll show up at your house and drag you back. You've inspired all of us. I feel accountability as I never have before. I count on you guys.

You can do this!!! We all get in a funk. The trick is not to quit or cheat. We need to keep plugging away. A live it to be it sort of mentality. In a few days or even weeks your mood will shift and it will feel better. You have alot going on and maybe it's not about the weight or the weightloss it's everything else. Just keep plugging away. It will get better!!!

Sorry I can't think of hillariously funny and threatening advice to keepyou on track. All I can offer is my honest friendship and thoughts.

Well I am going to do my exercise right now! I ended up cleaning this morning, fighting with Dh about the car registration, then cleaning some more. I have to finish cleaning upstairs, I got derailed with painting. I am so close to having the hall, junk room and hall closet clean! Then onto my room and my daughter's room. I need to get it all done before the 28th. eally lifting 50 pound or more boxes and hauling stuff like bed frames aorund should count as exercise. But i am gonna do some purposful movment.

Have a great day all
Old 08-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #6  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Angry

OK, Where's HH when we need her? All right Sistas, be getting your Slimmin' Sista robes clean, Misty, you get the torches, Bev, bring some lighters!!! We're gonna go drag Maggie back on the wagon, kicking & screaming...

Don't make us come after you, girl!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

You guys are the best. Actually the thought of you all showing up at my door is more comforting than scary, even if you ARE carrying torches. I know you're all right.. and I'm trying to get my head on straight. I haven't eaten a thing today, and it's almost 1PM. I'm afraid if i eat the right things, I'll continue to resent it. I'm afraid if i eat the wrong things, I'll never get back on track. There, I've finally worked myself into such a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" tizzy that I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth. I didn't have breakfast, i didn't bring lunch. It's like a form of paralysis. Sorry for the whining. But, hey, didn't we decide that whining burns calories?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #8  

You know Maggie, I got where I am (was?) by usually eating one big meal a day -- and I do mean BIG. Usually ate sometime between 3 and 5 in the afternoon and I could put away more food than you could ever imagine. Well, I've done a lot of reading and decided I'd do better if I'd spread my food throughout the day -- so I eat four times a day if I'm working and usually 5 times a day if I'm home. Now I don't get all riled up if I miss a snack or combine breakfast/mid morning snack -- but I actually do MUCH better knowing that I am "allowed" to eat again in 2 hours. I'm satisfied by much smaller portions. Another thing to think about is that I used to be a very fast eater - have slowed down and usually read or read online while I eat - sometimes I even play solitaire. Gives me a few minutes to realize I'm full.

Not lecturing here - just something to think about.
Closed Thread