Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #1  

Cool im fat i have problums loseing it 2

ok 4 my age wich is 13 im FAT!i worry i will explode! i way like 126 every 1 talks about how fat i am it make's me sad my so called "friendz" say im not fat but i no they r just beeing nice i like monkeys i'd show a pic but i could not fit....well i just can't put pic's of me on the internet i try to lose lbl but i cant every time i try i brake up in pices i need help...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #2  

i gusse no 1 will wanna help me get some hints on how 2 lose it.....
Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 AM   #3  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Hi Garfield. I'm not sure if you'll want to listen to my advice or not, considering I'm ten years older than you, but at least read my response. I weighed about the same as you do when I was 13. And yes...I remember feeling that I was the biggest pig in the school. But let me tell you, these days, when I look back at those photos, they bring me to tears because I actually had just the cutest body. At 126 I had great curves and wasn't in danger of looking anorexic or of looking obese. It was the perfect weight for my age. But I do remember crying just about every night because I felt so terribly fat.

As a 23-year-old, looking back at what it was like to be 13 years old, I can tell you confidently that girls (unfortunately the age group doesn't seem to matter much) often become extremely jealous of other girls and will say things about each other and spread rumors like wildfire. You might have the kind of body they wish they could have. Maybe they all still look like 10-year-old boys (you know...flat and straight without any hips or curves to speak of). Everyone has insecurities and sometimes people lash out at others and pick on their weaknesses because it's something they're insecure about themselves. Maybe these people who are telling you these unkind things are insecure about their own weight or eating habits.

Sweetheart, at 13 you do not need to be thinking about how much weight you should lose. At 13 you need to be thinking about your crushes at school and the great outfits you can wear and enjoying your time as a budding teenager.

It is very difficult to change the way we see ourselves in the mirror. It has taken me ten years to finally understand that concept. But that change can be made; it's just a slow process. In the meantime, you need to learn how to rewire your thoughts so that you're providing positive feedback. Think about your wonderful strengths and attributes (are you an awesome friend? an amazing student? do you have a great smile? are you loving? kind? strong of mind and spirit?); focus on finding those terrific parts of your true Self. Reevaluate who the people are who call you fat. Are they truly people you want to be listening to? My feeling is this: if the people who are concerned about my weight are not my physician, then I couldn't care any less about what they have to say about it. If your physician has been voicing concerns about your weight (which s/he shouldn't be at this point), then you should listen. Otherwise, forget about them. Trust me.

You are not responsible for another person's insecurities or jealousy. The only person you can accept responsibility for is yourself. It seems to me that you need to sit down and make an honest list about the wonderful parts of your true Self and focus on that list to improve your confidence.

Have a good night,
~Amanda
Old 08-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #4  

Cool re

well thax if u go back on...and yes i am a good friend i and a GREAT student i consider my self a teachers pet and all the teachers love me i even he techer friendz that care and love me... some times i ask my self...y can i just be a person with out so much fat my boy friend says i hate when u call your self "fat" u r not "fat" u r butieful as he says my frindz r all... as i must say "fat" but i am the most...i think i only have 1 friend i can tell all my secretz w/...my cat i love her if only i could have her with me for ever than i whould be soooooooooooooo happy but life is not alwayz happy sad things do happen i wish it just was not always sooo soon.. has any 1 ever notise thatbad things happen sooner and longer than good things or is that just me? get back 2 me on that i feel like a cow.... but i will take ur GOOD advice and there is room 4 good or bad advice in my loveing <33333 so i hope i can get more people 2 talk 2 me
Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #5  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra... 100/ 126/.png
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #6  

Fiona.....how tall are you? How did you choose your goal weight? This is something your doctor can help you with if you dont know how much you should weigh for your age and height.
If you are overweight, then learning how to eat healthy and be active is the way to fix it. But if you are comparing yourself to some other girl(s) who are skinnier than you, or trying to live up to some bizarro body image from the freaky Hollywood set, that's bad. Since you're 13, you've probably seen pics of Lindsay Lohan recently. She looks like a skeleton because she's trying to copy her skinny friends like Paris Hilton. Some girls aren't made to be that skinny and look terrible when they are.
Having a healthy, fit body is WAY cooler and prettier than being skinny like a stick.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #7  

im like 4 foot 5 or some thing and i went 2 the beach w/ mt boy friend and i was so self comfedent that i swam i n my cloths even thoe i had a cute bikine under them he said maby u should not swim in ur cloths...and i said im fat and he said NO UR NOT and i said i am so he said that i am not say i am fat and so on....now im not so self confident and i am no a diet so i look good when skool starts
Closed Thread