Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Sunday Salutations

I know it's still officially Saturday, but only for half an hour, so I thought I would get a start on my favorite day of the week.

I had a crazy busy day Saturday. Great morning, thanks to my weigh-in, of course. On the way home, the guy I buy bottled water from at the intersection said to me, "Tell your husband he's a lucky man." I know he was just grateful for the sale, but it was sweet to hear. I went to a party for my boss' husband at the race track and called the winner in three races. Didn't bet anything, but it was fun anyway! Plus there was a huge barbecue, and all I ate were two small ribs, some cucumber salad and a diet soda. I could have done sooo much more damage. Finally picked up the amp I got for Da Man's birthday, and the salesman let me upgrade to a 100-watt amp from a 50-watt one for like an extra $50 -- a great deal. Finally got the menu planned for the party Sunday. Got my porch cleaned off, my weeds whacked and my sidewalk cleaned up. My honey installed a new ceiling fan. I unearthed my mom's good china from the basement and was so relieved that it's still intact. AND Da Man told me my legs were looking really good again. I love to catch him checking me out! Yay!

Oh, an my ex called me today and asked me to come back and marry him. Yeah, he was serious. What a totally Meggily day.

HH... I so wish some of us could be there to give you something more than moral support. But I hope it all goes well and smoothly and you get the help you need. You're in my thoughts and prayers, for your WW stuff but more importantly for your life stuff. Stay strong. You can get through this.

Misty, I know your husband's flying must be scary, but it's also soooo exciting. How did his flight go? I am so jealous that you have a fair to go to. We don't get them in the wilds of Philadelphia. Maybe a carnival or two, but they're the seedy kind. There's something called Linvilla orchards nearby that has a fair-like atmosphere. It's a working farm and there are hayrideds and pick-your-own trips into the fields, great food stands, live animals, arts and crafts. But still different from those good ol country fairs I see on TV. Next summer, I'm coming with you!

Just a note.... does anyone think it's odd that some of these balloons look angry?

Amy, I hope you're feeling better.

Amanda... so excellent on your 10-pounds! I know how great it feels. Any feedback from your parents on it?

Lizzy, ditto what Misty said. Overcoming emotional eating like that is a major, major victory. Good for you. There are always going to be people in our lives who hurt us or piss us off; we can't really change or control that. All we can control is how we react to it. An if we do something self-destructive over it, then we're giving that person the power to continue to hurt us. Sounds like you turned a corner, and good for you.

Lori:

Have a wonderful Sunday, all. I leave you with this thought. Even if you aren't religious, I hope you can appreciate the warmth behind this song:

http://mp.aol.com/video.index.adp?mx...08.h344.p7.R10

That's What I Love About Sunday

Raymond's in his Sunday best,
He's usually up to his chest in oil an' grease.
There's the Martin's walkin' in,
With that mean little freckle-faced kid,
Who broke a window last week.
Sweet Miss Betty likes to sing off key in the pew behind me.

That's what I love about Sunday:
Sing along as the choir sways;
Every verse of Amazin' Grace,
An' then we shake the Preacher's hand.
Go home, into your blue jeans;
Have some chicken an' some baked beans.
Pick a back yard football team,
Nothin' much of anything:
That's what I love about Sunday.

I stroll to the end of the drive,
Pick up the Sunday Times, grab my coffee cup.
It looks like Sally an' Ron, finally tied the knot,
Well, it's about time.
It's 35 cents off a ground round,
Baby. cut that coupon out!

That's what I love about Sunday:
Cat-napping on the porch swing;
You curled up next to me,
The smell of jasmine wakes us up.
Take a walk down a back road,
Tackle box and a cane pole;
Carve our names in that white oak,
An' steal a kiss as the sun fades,
That's what I love about Sunday,
Oh, yeah.

Ooh, new believers gettin' baptized,
Momma's hands raised up high,
Havin' a Hallelujah good time
A smile on everybody's face.
Oh, yeah.

Oh, yeah.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I LOVE that song.

Sound like you had a great day Maggie. And yes, I find the balloon faces odd.

I feel better today. I'm planning to work on the kitchen cupboards some more today after church, and that's about it. I got two whole cupboards done yesterday, and about 2/3 of the pantry-- all cleaned, decluttered, and organized. My motivation is that DH is having surgery on his foot next month, and either my MIL or DH's grandma will be here with him when I'm at work-- I can't have the two of them seeing my messy kitchen cupboards. I have some reading to do for work, but that will have to be later tonight after DD is in bed so I can concentrate.

Happy Sunday all!
Closed Thread