Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 12:14 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr. old #122

Slavika Sorry to hear you talk about poor Sammy like that . I know what you mean about the hours of pleasure we get just from watching all th wild life in the yard. You are right about the mess but as you say we don't mind. Hope your feeling better about all this in a day or so. Don't like to hear you so blue

Mom was a little better today. But now she is getting as we speak 2 units of blood . Her count was so low no wonder she felt so yucky . Things have change since I had a tranfusion years ago it was ice cold blood they put in your arm. Mom said it was warm. My Dad will be taking care of her when she comes home. He was busy today getting the house arranged so she could get around better. He is very handy to have around when you need help. He cooks ,cleans, wahes clothes and dishes and can even sew. My brothers oldest boy will be there too so he can help move her around or at least catch her so she doesn't fall. Plus I am just a phone call away when I am in town and if I'm not my Daughter and Husband are on call.. My DIL is a nurse aid so she has says to call anytime. Also my oldest brother and his wife live a few blocks away so they will have more help than they need I'm sure.

Have to go

Karen

Last edited by Karen L; 06-08-2001 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-08-2001, 01:49 AM   #2  

G'day all

Karen sounds like your Mum has lots of help and support. It does makes such a difference when the load is shared.

Slavika I agree the mess one puts up with is very small compared to the pleasure your Sammy has given you. In my 'former' life, I used to always feed the birds, mincemeat for the kookaburras and just seed for the many parrots that frequented my garden. When my life returns to a bit more normality, I would really like an aquarium, luckily dh agrees.

Tomorrow son and partner are coming, cannot wait, dinner is booked and we should have a great weekend. It will be interesting to see if they notice my weight loss.

This weekend is the 'queen's birthday' long weekend. We had a referendum to decide if we still wanted to be part of the British monarchy or a republic, the monarchists won and so the tradition of a public holiday in honour of the queen's birthday goes on.
I personally think we should be a republic but I won't say no to a public holiday
Do you have the same issues in Canada? I think I am right in thinking you are still part of the Commonwealth.

Have a great weekend everyone, I know I will

Cheers
Maria
Old 06-08-2001, 07:53 AM   #3  

I also have tears over Sammy. I don't mind the mess the wildlife makes. I have a lot of birdfeeders and there is seed all over. We have a bird family in the gutter and the robins just raised one on the overhang on the back porch. A mourning dove was in the chiminey. Karen I am glad you mom is doing better. It is nice that you have a lot of family around to help. Maria have fun with your son. Enjoy the holiday. Lily have fun on your day trip. I think the rains have stopped for a while. That funny looking yellow ball is in the sky. Have a lot of running around to do today. Will stop by later, Peggy
Old 06-08-2001, 11:08 AM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Princess sounds so adorable in her dancing outfit. Hope the hair lasts tho! With kids you never know. Sounds like you a feeling a little better. I just feel so bad and wish I could come and slap that neighbor. I dont understnd people like that at all.

Karen: Glad your mom is feeling somewhat better. Sounds like you have alot of help for when she comes home to. Thats good!

Maria: I bet they do notice the loss! I can image you are excited to see your son. Have a great dinner!

Peggy: Hope that Yellow ball in the sky last over the weekend. Rain Rain go away!

Trudy: You go cheer up our Slavika. k? Hate to see her sad.
Old 06-08-2001, 02:26 PM   #5  
Fun Blonde

Okay, guys, I have been gone so long. Everything has changed and I am so confused. Another time that I simply cannot read everything I have missed. I tried yesterday, but my boss still wants me to work some. How rude, huh!

So do you have to log on everytime you post? I will go back and see if I can find some instructions.

Just wanted you to know that I got my older son married. He called us last night from Maui. They are having a great time, had been snorkeling with large sea turtles. Today they were going out on a boat, maybe to fish?

Oh yes, remember me, kicking the butts? Well, I know I have done this before, but it has been 40 days today and I am thinking of myself as a non-smoker. I have finally realized I can never have JUST ONE.

Will go back and read now. Oh yes, we are still waiting for our little grandson to make his appearance. He is, they think, going to be about 10 pounds.
Glenda
Old 06-08-2001, 03:27 PM   #6  

Smile

Glenda, You go girl!! We knew you could do it. Let us know when that baby comes. Peggy
Old 06-08-2001, 04:36 PM   #7  
Net browser

Smile ....WTG Glenda

Way to go Glenda....40 days.........
I'd say that makes you a non-smoker!!!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU
Old 06-08-2001, 05:01 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Glenda: Hurrah! I'd say that classifies you as a non-smoker. You have a right to feel quite Be sure to let us know about that new baby.

Slavika: It is too bad you can't find the culprit and report him to authorities, or at least give him a piece of your mind. We know it has to be a 'he' since no selrespecing woman would do such 'dastardly' deeds. I love birds and wildlife, and subscribe to a magazine called WildBirds. There are such wonderful pictures.

It took me so long to get connected today for some reason that I can't talk to all, cause it is time to cook. I'll get back later. Ann
Old 06-08-2001, 05:46 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Default WOO HOO!

Yippee!!!!!!!!!! Glenda!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you could do it. Good for you being a
NON SMOKER!

Let us know about the baby as soon as you hear!
Old 06-08-2001, 10:34 PM   #10  

Glenda How good to hear from you, you are definetly a non-smoker, 40 days wow

That is going to be quite a grandson, 10 lbs

I will be picking up son from the airport in about 2 hours

Have a great weekend all

Cheers
Maria
Old 06-08-2001, 11:44 PM   #11  
Net browser

Default .......the Princess was wonderful

Hi Everybody

We went to the Dance Recital this evening and the little Princess was of course wonderful. DH presented her with a long stemmed rose at the end of her performance and she was as pleased as could be. She was actually here for lunch today and asked about Sammy. I told her I had not seen him for a few days and she said, "oh I know Baba, he went to the park to live with his wife". So I told her that I thought that was very nice. She said, he will come back sometime to visit and bring his "CHILDREN".
She might be right too, there are lots of oak trees in the park and lots of squirrels. I like her ending to the story.

Maria I hope you have a lovely weekend with your son. It must be difficult when parents and children do not live in the same city. I always lived in the same city as my parents and of course my son lives here too. I know I am lucky because so many people get transferred to other cities with their jobs these days. It's good there are planes.

I hope everybody has a nice weekend. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Night.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:00 AM   #12  

Default Yah Glenda

We knew you could do it. I agree 40 days means a non smoker you are.

My Mom is much,much better today. But thankfully she won't be going home yet. By Monday she may at least come to the hospital here in our little town. That will be nice . She needs to be able to get around with a walker before she really goes home. She had lots of company today. It was like a revolving door up there today. Made her happy

Just this week I received my new shipment of Smoothies. I haven't had a chance to try them yet. My Blender died the other day. So DH is on a mission to buy tomorrow while I attend a WW Staff meeting. Todays mission was a Weed Wacker

Karen
Old 06-09-2001, 02:46 PM   #13  

I also like the Princess' end to the story. Maybe she is right. I bet she was adorable at the recital. We went to one last week with just little ones. They are so cute and funny. Some just stand there and some do their own thing. Maria enjoy your time with your son. Karen if you were closer I would give you one of my blenders. I have 2 for some reason. Went yard saleing this morning. Got some more treasures. I got a beautiful cut crystal bowl. It is real heavy. Some [goofy, in my opinion] said I should jello in it. Oh well, Have to run, got a wedding to get ready for, Peggy
Old 06-09-2001, 03:45 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I like the Princess's ending to the story alot better to!
I bet she was pleased with getting that Rose. It made her feel very special! Bet the recital was adorable to. I love to watch little kids. They are just to cute!

Maria: Hope you enjoy your weekend with your son. Im sure you will! Its always nice to have family around.

Karen: I love the WW Smoothies. Like the Chocolate the most. Mix fruit in mine and its yummy. The recipes it comes with to are great. Need to try the Mint one some day. Im love anything Mint. Glad your Mom is doing even better today. And at least she is getting lots of Visitors to. Makes the days go by much faster. Im sure its not to fun being in a hospital.

Peggy: Jello In a Crystal Cut Bowl? I agree with you. Pretty goofy. All tho thinking about it, It would look pretty in there. But I wouldnt want to hurt the bowl itself. Have fun at the wedding!

Off to play in the yard some. To nice to stay inside today. We are going to watch Traffic tonight. With Michael Douglas. Hope its not to violent. DH pick it!

Last edited by LilyG; 06-09-2001 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2001, 11:31 PM   #15  

Default mmmm good

I'm now the proud owner of a new blender. DH did a good job of picking one out So now I have tried the choclate smoothie with a touch of almond extract in it .Yummy Lily think this one is going to my favorite.

Maria I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your son.

Slavika I too like Princess's ending .

Peggy thanks for the thought.

And before I forget remember the flowers from last weekend. Well they are standing straight and tall.

Have to go to bed

Last edited by Karen L; 06-09-2001 at 11:34 PM.
Closed Thread