Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Week of August 1st - 7th

Good afternoon, ladies! Or good morning, I guess, for those of you on the other side of the Pond!
I'm just kicking things off for the week - hope everyone had a great weekend. I did - it was our first weekend together, up here in our new hometown, when DH didn't have to leave after lunch on Sunday to drive back down south. It's been so nice! and for WI this morning I lost the 2lbs I gained last week, which is a relief. Yay!
See you all later,
love
Lx
Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #2  

Good for you, Lollybird I hope everyone had a nice weekend. My WI is Sunday mornings, so technically last week, and I lost 3 lbs. The meeting leader was totally raving about how good the WW chocolate smoothies are frozen, she said they taste just like ice cream, did anyone ever try them?
Maybe I will buy it next week, and give it a try. One serving of the smoothie, with ff milk, I think is 2 dairy servings, which I never seem to fit in everyday.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Sofi
Old 08-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Sofi! wow, 3lbs is great going, yay you. I don't think we have the smoothies here - how do they come, powdered or ready mixed? We do have the rice pudding though - in fact, DH and I are just back from an expedition to buy some for dinner tonight! - 15mins round the block and I've walked off the 1.5points already
Have a good day! (ours is nearly over...)
Lx
Old 08-02-2005, 06:31 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Morning all,

Geez breast biopsies hurt a heck of a lot... I was sore all of Friday and it still is uncomfortable if I put pressure on it at all. Oh well, at least the radiologist thinks it isn't cancerous, he thinks I have a thickening of breast tissue (which is another characteristic of fibrocystic breasts). Anyway, hopefully everything will be negative.

I went to WI and I was down 6lbs which shocked me since TOM started the next day, so I guess my weight may have been artificially up when I weighed in the week before. I was fairly good all weekend, I did have 49 pts on Saturday, but in my defense it was with my flex points. One difference I am doing now due to all my running is eating all my activity points and not just limiting it to four and it has seemed to work so far, I do run a lot though.

Sofi: Welcome, my middle name #1 is Sophie.

Lolly: We don't have the smoothies in Canada either... I think I'll probably avoid them like I avoid the 2 points bars... too much of a temptation for me.

Anyway have a good day!

Ali
Old 08-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Good evening! (well here in UK it is, anyway )
Ali - ouch! but sounds like good news ... fingers crossed for it all to be over soon! and - I hear you about the 2pt bars, they are seriously good. Actually, though, apart from those and the rice pudding, I'm not v keen on the WW products - they seem to be mainly chemicals and additives and not so yummy. The rice, though, is pretty pure ... and only 1.5pts. Bargain!

Looking forward to tomorrow - as long as it doesn't rain, DH and I have an outing planned. Someone got us a book of circular walks, as a gift, and we are going to try the first of them - to the house in the Peak District where they filmed Pride and Prejudice and where Colin Firth dived into the lake in his overshirt! Ah, happy memories.

Later, 'gators!
Lx
Old 08-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth
My gram is doing much better she is off the Oxygen and hopefully coming home soon.
Unfortuneately I got a call on Thursday that my 21 year old cousin passed away. So I've been In PA all weekend till yesterday. It was very intense and sad but we came out of it ok with only Minimal cheating.
I left work On Thursday and our internet is down @ home so I couldn't post.

Lolly thats great and the pudding sounds DIVINE!
Sofi thats fabulous! Great work
Ali oh hon that hurts I'll keep a good thought for you and a Neg Outcome
I'll bbiab
Kierie
Old 08-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Non Scale Victory!

Ok so this morning in my futile quest for something to wear I came across my Dragon Fly Pants they are size 16 P not a W in sight and the last time I tried them on the button and the button hole were a few inches apart. This time Although Tight I got em Buttoned! I changed to more comfy pants but I was like WOOHOOOO
and I think My double chin is gone! or alot less apparent!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning all! How is everyone this wk.

Kieri~ I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, you have been through so much as of late. I am glad however to hear that your gram is improving. Congrats on the pants!!

Ali~ Hope that your pain subsides and that all is well. 6lbs. you are the MAN or woman in this case

Sofi~ Hi and congrats on the 3 lb loss! You guys are kicking but this wk!

Lolly~ The walk sound like it would be fun. Are circular walks like some type of tour?? I have never heard that term. I LOVE that book (Pride and Prejudice) but have never seen the film. Is it a must see?

Speaking of which did anyone see "Must Love Dogs" I am so in the mood for a good girl movie but I don't want to go see it if it is getting blah reviews.

I lost .5 last week. I am doing MUCH better this wk. though. I talked to my Dr about the weight thing and she indicated that there are no studies that say that extra wt can cause birth defects or problems BUT she thinks I will have an easier preg. if I lose before TTC. She suggested limiting all of the WHITES (potatoes, flour, sugars, etc). I have done that the past 2 days and I have to say it isn't that hard. I am not cutting them out though just limiting. She also said that since I am a sweets/choc fanatic reward myself with a small portion of dessert every other night. I love this! I guess I have heard all of this before but coming from a dr. inspired me.

Oh btw I bought Fat free strawberry sorbet (120 cal.) that is delicious. I am blanking on the brand name right now but MMMMM it definitely satisfied my sugar cravings. I'll get back to you on the name.

Ok sorry about the novel. BBL to chat!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #9  
flibbertobbergenie!

Go Kier! I love that feeling, it's like having a whole new wardrobe, isn't it?! I was sorry to hear about your cousin, but I'm glad your gran is doing better.

We went on our Big Hike yesterday in the Peak District and climbed up a 1000-ft hill and BOY! are my legs feeling it today!!! But it was a glorious walk - even though we had to cut it short when the sky went black and the wind whipped up. I am all inspired to get out and about more now - next stop, Wales! Actually, 3 years ago on our honeymoon we totally failed to get to the top of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, and I would *love* to be fit enough to do that. There's something to aim for!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #10  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hey Becky, we posted at the same time! A circular walk just means you start and finish at the same place .. and the P&P I was referring to was the BBC serial, which I'm pretty sure was shown in the US. It has Colin Firth as Darcy and Jennifer Ehle as Lizzie and it is BRILLIANT!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Lolly~ LOL circular walks...that makes sense. That is one of those questions that I wish I hadn't asked. Thanks for the info though I think I have seen the BBC one advertised. I may have to rent that one wknd in the fall and cuddle up with some cocoa. Your hikes sound challenging, keep it up!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls. I am SO glad that it is Friday. I am hoping to get out of here early today as usual Fridays around here are SO laid back. I have got to get home and clean a bit before my fitball classs.

I didn't get any exercise in yesterday. DH suggested a bike ride and we got about 2 blocks away when I got a whole in my tire. Apparently I managed to roll over an earring just right so that it went into my tire. DH and I had to laugh, I mean what are the odds..LOL. I do plan to go to my class tonight though and I will get something in tomorrow.

Anyone with exciting wknd plans???? I plan to sew with my sis tomorrow. I know pretty wild and crazy huh??? Then dh has a softball game which is always fun. I just hang out and talk to the other gals. Sunday, church and hopefully a long nap. Next wk is my last wk here and then I have a couple of days off before teachers start back. I am looking forward to it.

Well I guess I just felt like blabbing to you guys today. Come out and post ladies.. Oh btw the sorbet is Haagen Daz (sp?) I cannot believe I couldn't think of that yesterday

How is everyone today????
Old 08-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #13  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello all! yay! for Fridays (even though I am kind of on vacation at the moment). Becky, what's fitball? Is it a sport or a class? and omigod Haagen Daz ... there used to be a H.D. cafe when I was in college and ... well, let's just say I was a regular customer. Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream, YUM. After that, Ben & Jerrys arrived though, and HD lost out on my custom. Last summer DH and I even went and visited the B&J factory in Vermont. Double YUM! I *love* ice cream! will try and dig out a photo to post ...

BTW, here's a pic (hopefully attached) of Lyme Park, where we went walking on Wednesday. I took the photo from the lower part of the mountain, before the mega hike. It's so beautiful, but unfortunately the house was closed the day we went, so we couldn't go in and nose around.

Oh! and today we got the date for exchanging contracts on our new house, ie, moving day - and it's 2 WEEKS TODAY! EEK! So I think we will be mostly packing over the weekend...

Later, all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lyme park small.jpg (21.1 KB, 32 views)
Old 08-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Today is Office BBQ day SO we all look like a massive green horde (matching shirts mean Work Spirit
Last night I exercised! I did wall Pushups Squats Stretches and I'm practising the Leslie Sansone Moves before I graduate to the DVD
Thats 2 days in a row of Exercise!
Gotta run we're leaving soon
Love
Kierie
Old 08-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Lolly~ That looks so beautiful! I am in an area that is pretty dull as far as scenery which is why I love to vacation Congrats on your moving day. It is such an exciting time. Beware though b/c dh and I were so busy during this time we ate a lot of fast food. You will be a much better planner though I am sure. Fitball is just what my gym calls their aerobic class that we do on a ball. Umm the infomercial version is called "Core Secrets". My sis teaches and I have only been a couple of times but it is fun. It really isolates your abs.

Kieri~ Good job on the exercise. Have fun at your BBQ!

I have a client but I will check in this wknd! Have a blast ladies!!!
Closed Thread