Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #16  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Belle~ Thanks for your input regarding TTC. I am so excited for you! It sounds like you and your baby are settling in well. My sister is due in the next couple of weeks. I cannot wait! Congrats on your weight loss this week. DH is reading the latest Harry Potter but he tends to take his time when it comes to reading he is not even close to finished.

Ali~ You're right my dr. should be the one I worry about as far as TTc is concerned not a book but I tend to be a worrier. Let us know how things go at the Dr.

Well ladies I am leaving work early to go shop for material for my sisters rocking chair. She wants me to make a padded cover for it before the baby comes. I just started sewing recently so I really hope that I am capable. I guess we will see! Any other sewing ladies on here??? I am always wanting to discuss my new hobby.....
Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Girls
I'm probably goign to PA tonight just incase she had a heart attack Monday night which i didn't know when I posted she might be getting better she might not all I can do is pray.
Belle I read Harry! and I'm reading it a second Time Email me if you want to dish
ALi I'll be thinking of you today hon I'm sure it will go well
Becky I wish i could sew but we don't have room for a machine!
I made breakfast Cheesecakes last night soo good even tho I totally screwed them up
Example finding the blade to my hand blender in the batter or even better
Putting the vanilla in after I had the batter in the cupcake tins
Sometimes I amaze myself.
bbiab!
Kierie
Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #18  
flibbertobbergenie!

Belle! Helloooooooooooooo! And yes, I read HP last week, right after DH had finished it (he got first dibs since he paid for it!). We were both kind of disappointed - the book is way, way too long. I still *had* to know what happened though!
Ali - fingers crossed for good news.
Kier - I will be thinking of you and your grandma ... and thanks for the headsup re: Skinny Cow. I will look out for the sandwiches, because I don't think I can face the toothpaste ones again!
Grace - I have been known to do a little sewing, but I am so slow! I started making a quilt for my cousin's baby and she's going to be 3 in September! They're expecting another in November, though - maybe I will get it done for then. What kind of material are you using for the chair? You will have to post a piccy!

Well, DH and the hamster are finally here! We are having special dinner to celebrate - steak, sweet potatoes and corn on the cob. Yum! And tomorrow his parents are bringing the last boxes up, so we're going to take them to see the house we're buying and then, take them out to dinner at the tapas restaurant round the corner to say thank you. Will have to save points during the day!

Anywa, better dash ... see y'all later,
love
Lx
Old 07-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #19  
flibbertobbergenie!

ps:- Kier, do you have a recipe for your breakfast cheesecake? I looooooooooooooooove cheesecake and am always looking for new recipes! (I have vowed only to eat real cheesecake in future and not the dreadful low fat versions all our supermarkets sell. Ick!).
Lx
Old 07-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lolly its actually from the South beach diet forum on the boards
so it is Low fat and uses splenda but it actually tastes good! I was shocked I'll grab it and post it here
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #21  
Running Babe

I am proud of myself, I ran hills last night, went to a fajita party and stuck with 3 small ones with not much chicken in them so yah me

Anyway, my doc thinks I have fibrocystic breasts which is super common in women pushing 30+. It explains a lot. I used to never get sore breasts before this year, but suddenly this year they hurt a lot every menstrual cycle, for some women, having it causes large cysts which I seem to have gotten. For good measure though I am having a biopsy tomorrow. Fun fun fun!

Lolly: when do you get possession of your house?

Kierie: that sounds like a delicious breakfast treat and it sounds like you cook the way I cook..

Everyone: come out and play!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-28-2005, 10:34 AM   #22  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Can I just say that God works Wonders My gram is completly turning the corner and going home hopefully tommorrow!
I've never prayed so hard in my life.
oh and I'm 3 more pounds down which makes my Aug 7th goal of ONEDERLAND
and I just went into our office b-day party (Carbfest) and came out with a coffee thats it No sin passed these lips!
Ali You Rock woman! good job with the hills and the fajitas. to be totally TMI My chest hurts too for the first time this year I should talk to the fiddler at my next appt
as for Cooking sometimes I'm good and sometimes it works by the skin of my teeth.
bbiab
gonna change my sig!
Kierie
Old 07-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #23  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi girls!

Becky, good to "see" you again! As far as getting PG, I had wanted to lose before I got PG, but it never happened. So I was actually back at my heaviest when I got pregnant. It took me nine months to conceive, but I don't really think it was weight-related ... more stress-related, to tell you the truth. That said, I did end up with gestational diabetes, which I'm sure was because of my weight. They tested me early because I was over 200 and lo and behold, I had it. So I was on a pretty strict diet the whole time. I only gained 20 lbs, and I lost it very quickly plus another 20. I do wish I had weighed less when I got PG, and before the next one I'm hoping to lose more.

This is a completely superficial reason, but I also felt like I missed out on having a nice, round, pregnant belly. I basically had two bellies the whole time, and it was only at the very end that I really looked pregnant and not just fat. I used to pick out clothes that would make me look as pregnant as possible!

Kierie: I'm glad you're grandma is doing better!

Ali: Good luck with everything!

On Harry Potter: Read it, loved it. I think it was the best one yet. Better than the last one!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #24  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Afternoon Ladies! How is everyone today. I have to say I have had a good exercise wk but food wise has been pretty crappy. Today is a new day though and I plan to do well. We need groceries and I plan to go in the next couple of days so that will help.

Kim~ That is awesome that you lost an additional 20lbs. Thanks for the input. I know I should def lose as much as possible before TTC.
BTW I understand the stomach thing . I tend to gain my wt. in my stomach and I always wonder how long it would take to tell if I was PG.

Ali~ Congrats on the hills

Kieri~ I am so glad to hear that your grandmother is doing well. Congrats on you AUG Goal!!!!!

Lolly~ I don't know if I could do a quilt. So far I have just done clothing (skirt and yoga pants) but I plan to buy decor fabric this wknd and begin to make curtains for my bdrm. I will attempt to post pics once I get started. I am making my pg sis a yoga outfit first and of course the chair cover that I mentioned yesterday.

Hello to everyone else who will be posting today. I will be back to check in.

Becky
Closed Thread