Monday Chatter (7/25)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • HAPPY MONDAY!!!
  • GOOD MORNING!!!!

What a weekend! Things did not go smoothly at my friends'. I had fun in general, but well let's just say they have a different parenting style than I do and they clash at times. I actually YELLED at my best friend's husband. My daughter was stressed to the max by the time we got home. Also, my best friend is the last person I thought would have kids. I really don't think she understands normal child development and thus she thinks my daughter is a total brat. She wouldn't say anything to that effect but after knowing her for 20 years, I know how she thinks. But my daughter is almost 2 1/2. Let me tell ya my friend's time is coming; her daughter is only 19 months.

So anyway. I'm home sleep deprived and stressed out but home. DH did nothing in the kids' room. He instead went for a90 mile mortocycle ride and then SUdnay morning went flying. He's going flying tonight too. GRRRRRR

But I stayed on plan this weekend!!

Hippo-I hope you got your boxes with your groceries. As far as factory work goes. I have never done it but my gramma who is 74 still works full time in a bread factory. She could retire but likes that work keeps her active. Her biggest complaint about the bread factory is the heat, about 90 degrees all the time and hotter in the summer along with humidity. She has to stand all day and she gets tired, but she is happy overall I think....mostly b/c it is good money with lots of over time. There are some jobs like de-panning that require you to lift and move very large very hot pans of baked bread and place them on a rack. That is a difficult job. My gramma stretches bread. She stands there and stretches to dough to the appropriate length and ensures they are all striaght on the pan so that they bake evenly. My husband used to work for Cutco knives, he didn't work in the factory, but I've been through it. They often had stools to sit on or nice rubber mats if thier job required standing. They all had to wear safety glasses in all parts of the factory and ear plugs in certain areas. I would have liked to have gotten a job there, they paid well!

WELCOME KITTY!! Great job on listening to your body and stopping when you were full. So many of us were raised in the clean your plate club that it's engrained in us. Great job for breaking free!!!!

Stephanie-I hate shopping alone, but my husband is a compulsive shopper. We spend WAY more when he goes.

Hope you enjoy the fair Jill! Sounds like you are doing well despite all the temptations. GREAT JOB! Have a good week in school!

Lizzy-GREAT JOB on the workout! I wish I had your motivation! Don't worry too much about having a high points day. You're right tomarrow is another day! Double Stuff Oreos, make sme want some. Then I think of what the filling is....essentially ALOT OF CRISCO and confectioners sugar. Same thing as many buttercream frostings. YEAH not really butter or cream!

Well ladies, as usual I have a incredibley long post here, so I am gonna jet. Tons of stuff to do today. I will probably do very little of it. Have a dancing banana kind of day every one!
  • *dies laughing* Oh man...Misty, that was hilarious! I love all the dancing icons for Monday...whew. Monday's never looked so good.

And I'm sorry to hear about the clash at your friend's house. *shakes head* It's so frustrating, isn't it, when parenting styles butt heads. I don't have any human children, but for my kitten Callie, I have a very particular way that I mother her. And when people undermine me, I get very frustrated. For instance, when she was teething, I was trying to teach her that she could bite her toys but she could not bite people. But a friend of mine came to visit and was bitten by Callie and said, "Oh, it's okay. She's purring." I was so frustrated. I can only imagine how much more frustrating it is with human children!

But congrats on staying OP!

I keep forgetting to post my points and menus these days, which is slightly annoying to me, lol. I just wish I had enough presence of mind to remember to do these things. But I am staying OP every day, so at least there's that. Also, I'm pretty proud of myself because my personal trainer had to cancel our appointment this morning, but I went ahead and did my cardio anyway! Oh yes. Very proud of myself for that, lol. I've just been so tempted by laziness lately.

Well, I better hop off this thing and get some more work done on The Faerie Queene. Happy Monday everyone!

~Amanda
  • Calpurrnia, that is so great that you went ahead without your trainer! w00t!

Misty, is your husband a pilot or does he just fly around a lot?

Had no luck with boxes. Am getting quite disheartened about this apartment. Have so little time left and no place. Not only that, but they require two letters of "personal reference" before you get a place here. My husband will sign one (not write it) just so I will get out of here, but I have absolutely no one else to ask. Talk about feeling alone! Not sure what to do. Would look really bad if I went in and said no one else would do one! It is so much harder getting a place as someone who is on their own. . .when they see a couple, there is no big hassle. Also, I have to get a letter from my old employer because I have not had my current job a full year. A big hurdle as well-no time for mail and I do not have anywhere for them to fax it. Am hoping they will be willing to send me an e-mail and I will print it out. Even if I get everything together and find a place, they might still deem I do not make enough to afford their place and then I will have to have a guarantor. I think it will probably come to that. . .not sure how they figure out how much is enough, but I make little and work is 25 hours a week on a good week. If it comes down to that, I would have to ask my husband to be the guarantor. And that would, well, suck.

Did you ever want to go into a vacuum of space where time around you is frozen and just breathe and drink cocoa?
  • Good morning ladies!!!

Did you think that I went MIA!?
    It's been a very busy last few days. My parents are visiting from Arizona, Lori was busy packing Satuday to leave for Duluth Sunday morning AND it was hotter than **** this weekend!

I've been doing good with eating, I have not been able to post my menu's, but I have not gone over points!
    I will start posting again today.

Misty- Great job on staying on plan over the weekend! That can be tough!

Amanda- WooHoo to you for the cardio!
    You go girl!

I hope everyone has a great day. I still have alot of reading to do on here to catch up on everyone!

~Izzy
  • OK, now I am posting for Lori ( izzysgirl)

She called me from Duluth this morning. Her and Byron have only been gone since yesterday morning and I miss them already!

She wanted me to post for her since she was short on time this morning.
    She does have a computer to use there so she will be reading and posting when she can. Please send her good vibes when you can- she's there on vacation until Friday! She'll do great, I just know it.

Her brother better not be cranky up there- or else!

She said that she is staying OP so far.
    ( points are going towards beer I'm sure!!! ) LOL
    She went swimming in the pool last night and for a walk this morning.

Breakfast- Raisin Bran/milk
    bagel w/ ff cream cheese ( she brought her own!)

OK, gotta go for now. I'll try and post more for her on my lunch. I have a story about her white pants for later...

to be continued!
  • Hey your bad six week is over and now we are into week seven !!!!

Misty you have such a good attitude even being sleep deprived go girl!

Calpurnnia It takes real fortitude to stick with the exercise when you have an out. Proud of YOU!

Hippohips I hate typing that name for you! Have you visited any churches in your area? They could be a real source of support for you. You need to find some people that you can be encouraged by right now.

I love it when your mind is in a good place and you stay on program and you are doing the exercise and the numbers are dropping. This is a good place. Why am I fearing it will go away.... NOt this time I am going to stay the course and gitter done
  • Hi everyone nap time...definatley a dancing banana moment

Long day. Kids are all catching up from the weekend. I emailed my friend and apologized for yelling at her husband. He's used to it, I practically lived with them in college. Poor guy my moody self along with his gf (my best friend) with raging PMS and school work.

Luflic I too feel bad when I type "Hippohips". We love you gurl, you're awesome that name doesn't do you justice! I think Luflic's church idea is a good one.

Great job on the cardio Amanda...now that is dedication!

Lisa and Lori you are doing so well even with travel and visiting family. ALong with school and work. GREAT JOB!!!

It's 2:16 I haven't eaten yet today. So I am off to grab something quick. Porbably a Michelina Frozen doofatchy. I bought two books this weekend. I erad one this morning I can't wait to read the next. So ahev a great afternoon everyone!!!
    ~misty
  • I "ahev" to "erad" more. Maybe if I did more I might pick up a few spelling lessons, huh? LOL

Anyway have a good one all!!
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Hellooooooooo, Sistaaaaas!

Well, Saturday I joined a gym and tonight is my first night going. I am really nervous but I'm excited, too.

I'm so glad that this little community within the ww community has taken off. I would like to welcome all of the new members!

HEY! If anyone has Food Lion nearby, our Food Lions have the lean michelena frozen meals 10 for $10! I haven't tried them but I bought 10 of them last night. That's 2 weeks worth of lunches for me at work for less than I would pay for one meal out with the girls!

I'm off for now... gotta get my son to band practice and then I'm off to the gym! Wish me luck!

Hugs!
  • HELLO LAAAAAAAAAADIES!!!

I went to WW meeting today as I have a work meeting I need to be at tomrorow - drum roll - DOWN 1 pound EXACTLY! WOO HOOOO!

DIVA - Great job on the gym membership YOU GO GIRL!

As some of you might remember I am in 'temporary' housing while our house is being built, but once we are moved in, I am getting an Elyptical and my goal is to use it each morning before I hit the shower and get ready for work! Anyone else use an Elypitical ?

....ciao for now!......Mara
  • Mara~ "weigh" to go on the loss!!!

Diva~ Have "fun" tonight working on the new you! If it gets tough, just keep chanting "I'm a slimmin Sista" over and over in your head!

Okay, so here's my horiscope for the day!!!! I thought I would share it with my sista's.

"There's no shame in making your primary focus something simple-like feeling good. When your body is healthy and your spirits are high, you'll serve your purpose the very best."
  • woohoo, I've done better so far today I had a WW pizza for lunch, that wasn't too bad Not sure if I think its worth the 7 pts, but it was easier to grab, instead of making something for lunch.

I worked out this morning. I did 20 mins of the work out... lol I couldn't force myself out of bed any earlier. But I have felt sick and nauseous since then. I think it has to do with where I am at in my cycle. Since my period was early, I'm sure I'm ovulating early, and I get sick like this around that time. And it doesn't help that is like 95 outside with almost 100% humidity. Thank goodness for A/C!

Hippo, I hope that everything works out for you, and you are able to find boxes, and get moved out! Do you have a co worker that you know pretty well? Maybe they would write you a letter? I like Luflic, feel like I'm being mean when I type your name!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

~Liz
  • I just realized that the reduced fat jif, has like the same amount of points as regular jif. Its actually .5 more points for 2 table spoons for the low fat. That kinda sucks. Oh well, its still good

~Liz