3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for July Continues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/61618-thursday-chatters-july-continues.html)

Tina 07-17-2005 04:19 PM

Thursday Chatters for July Continues

Greetings,
We are getting so talkative that we might go back to a new thread each week. (For some newer members, we used to have one every week.) We had a dry spell and went to monthly threads.
What do y'all think?????

I feel much like Noah in that I am going under water and need that Ark. :)
One day of rain was great. The second day wasn't bad. Now with each additional day, our house seems to sink more and more. Pretty soon I won't need steps up to a front porch. We'll just walk out the front door onto the front walk. It's getting bad here!!!!! :o

I did good drinking my water yesterday. I got 7 glasses in. Today won't be that good. I cannot drink that much and go to church morning and evening. I do not want to get up and run out of service.
I made a meatloaf for the family (son came over to eat) and I had a piece of grilled chicken. We had veggies, salad and French bread. Not bad, huh?

Tammy, are you back home yet, girl?
Susan, are you enjoying your company?
Amy, how was the cook-out?
Jody, was the second night easier?
Sis & Mimi, we miss hearing from y'all.
It's beginning to thunder so I'd better sign off for now.

Oh, I sent Suzanne a PM asking her how we could become a Sub-forum. I see other groups have their own. She has not replied. We'll see.

auntie 07-17-2005 08:07 PM

Hi,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Tina, send some of that rain our way!!!! It's rained a little but we need alot!!!!! We have huge cracks in the yard.

Amy, hope you made it home safely.

Tammy, what's new with you?

Tina 07-17-2005 09:15 PM

Me again,
I thought I'd better explain what I meant by a Sub-forum.
Some of the groups like us have several threads going at a time--like us.
So, they have what's called the Sub-forum under a forum name---like the one we're under, "WW Weigh-Ins and Countdowns."
I just wondered if she would give us one. I wrote a couple of days ago and never have heard back. maybe she's still thinking about it. It really won't be the end of the world if she says No, as we are happy the way we are.
I hope I explained it well. Hope I didn't confuse y'all. :)
Tina

auntie 07-17-2005 09:48 PM

Thanks for explaining the sub forum, Tina. That would be great if we had one.

Tina 07-18-2005 09:57 AM

Monday, Monday----

I just had a bright idea and started us another Thursday thread. This one is about setting a goal for the week. It can be a goal for each day.
I'm thinking that by writing it down, I might be more inclined :lol: to keep it.
My first one is for today------exercise and water... But, I won't say more, please go to the new thread and look at it, ponder what you think about it, and post there.
If you all don't think it's a good idea, it won't hurt my feelings (too much :) )

Oh, and this thread will not take the place of either of our other threads.
:flow1:

Tammy 07-18-2005 09:28 PM

Hi gang! We got home yesterday afternoon. Had a wonderful time. I bought you all fudge, but I ate it all. lol The trip was great even with the back aches that I had from walking. Had to take lots of breaks. I thought that I ate pretty well even with the few bites of fudge, but I weighed this morning and I was up 3 pounds. Discouraging!!!

Jody, glad things went well with the play (even if you did make kids cry).

Today we finished packing up the garage sale things that were left. Tim and I took a load to Goodwill. The lady there wasn't very nice or helpful. I told her what I thought before we left. I think I'll take things elsewhere the next time.

Bob doesn't have to go back to work until Thursday, so we're trying to get things done around the house before he goes back. When we got home yesterday, he and Tim were mowing the lawn. I unpacked suitcases and put things away. Bob was also running in and doing laundry so I didn't have to go to the basement. My left ankle/leg was pretty swollen when we got home. I have no idea what I did.

Tomorrow the neighbor is coming over to pull out the bushes in the front of our house. My dad put them in years ago, and they are just growing wild now! We've tried to trim them, but I think they are past the trimming stage. We're not sure what we're putting in yet, but it has to be better than what's there.

Tina 07-18-2005 11:31 PM

Tammy, We are so glad you're home. We've missed you lots.
Thank you very much for the fudge. You say it was good? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's good Bob has some time off to help and to rest, if he has time.
Be sure to rest up so you can tell us all about Tim and his trip.

What on earth was wrong with the woman at Goodwill? I've always had good luck there. That's odd.
Do not worry about that weight gain. I'm sure it's from eating all of our souvenirs. :D

auntie 07-19-2005 08:15 AM

Welcome home Tammy! It seems like you've been gone forever :) Thank you so much for the fudge. Glad that you enjoyed it. :D :D We want to hear all about the trip when you are rested.

I'm getting readyt to take Betty to the vet this morning. She has to have a couple of bloody tumors removed off her belly.

Tammy 07-19-2005 08:05 PM

Yes, your fudge was delicious. lol I was very surprised by the woman at Goodwill. They've always been so friendly. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

Picking Tim up at the airport in Detroit was the highlight of the trip. It was great to see him home safe and sound. He was non-stop talking from Detroit to Frankenmuth where we stayed that night. He went to bed at 8:30, and he slept till almost 9 the next morning. That was fine because we only had a 3 hour drive to get to Mackinaw City. Our hotel at Mackinaw was a bummer. It was a suite, but it wasn't very sweet. In fact, it was yucky. The bedroom had no window or A/C. The TVs (2 of them) were older than Tim. The only window in the place looked out on a hallway. There were only ceiling lights, no lamps. AND it stunk. I was about sick. Bob told them that we could not stay there. Since we didn't tell them ahead enough, we had to still pay for the first night and 1/2 of the next one. I wasn't happy about that, but I was glad that I didn't have to stay there. We ended up staying at a Baymont Inn and Suites. very nice! The bedroom had 2 double beds with a full bathroom, TV, desk, chairs, lamps. The living room had a desk, TV, chairs, lamps, microwave, refrigerator, full bath, and a queen size pull out couch. Bob and I each took a bed, and Tim took the couch. It was nice. The pool and Whirlpool were near our rooms, so that was nice. Yes, I went swimming and went into the whirlpool. Heavenly!!

Went to Mackinac Island and did all the shops. Fun!! Ate a great meal there. We go to the same restaurant every year we are there. The Yankee Rebel is the name if you ever get to go there.

auntie 07-19-2005 09:37 PM

Howdy,

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been an alright day. I've been worried about my Betty. She had 5 spots removed and is very sore tonight. She hasn't done anything except sleep. I know she is hurting. I gave her a baby aspirin to help with the pain. She is such an old girl.

I'm hoping we when the lotto tonight!!! so if you see me on tv I'll wave at ya'll. ;)

Tammy, sorry the hotel was a bummer, it sounds like you got a much better one. To bad that you had to pay for the first one.

Tina, is still raining your way?

Tina 07-19-2005 09:48 PM

Not much rain down here. It sprinkled once this afternoon.
Emily is supposed to be headed south of Brownsville and that is far away from me----even farther away from Susan. I'm really happy about that!!!

Tammy, your trip sounded great-except for that hotel room. What a crummy place. Oooh I envy you getting to go in a pool and whilrpool.

Susan, I'm so sorry your dog is in pain. Poor baby. When will you know about the spots?

My eating today has been soooooo good. We had Chinese take-out tonight. I did not get an egg roll. I ate just 1/2 cup of steamed rice with some chicken and some veggie lo mein. No soy sauce! I'm hoping I won't have water retention tomorrow.
I just knew today was Wednesday and tomorrow would be weigh-in. Boy am I happy. I've got one more day to lose something! lol

GoddessInclined 07-20-2005 11:06 AM

I'm baaaaaaa-ck!!!

Hi, y'all!!!

Sorry to have been absent--my life had been taken over by the play, and I'm still coming down from it.

Opening night, as it turns out, wasn't the last time I made people cry. Nothing makes me angrier than when actors miss cues--I'm not talking about little things, like a forgotten line--but HUGE things, like not being on stage AT ALL and your character is the MAIN ONE in the scene. First it was the two little girls, then the girl who played Becky, then my OWN SON, who played Sid (Tom's brother), and THEN the kid who played Huck. ARRRARRGHGHGHG!!!! But, overall, it went very well, and I am just bursting with pride over all "my kids" and how well they did. And I miss the little brats, too.

Plus, I got a great surprise. Sunday, our last performance, went better than ever up until curtain call. The cast did their bows, and then weren't leaving the stage, and I thought...."Ack, how awkward....get off the stage....get off the stage....." and then they burst into a boistrous chorus of "Happy Birthday" because my birthday was the next day. What a great finale!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.....back to the grind..... :)

Tina 07-20-2005 11:21 AM

Jody,
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Jody
Happy Birthday to You

Little Sis 07-20-2005 01:31 PM

Happy Birthday Jody!

Well Huricane Emily is on its way. She hit land fall this morning and we are starting to get the first wave of bands here. We are suppose to have rain all today and tomorrow. Radar is showing a big storm on the NE side of town.

Sue - is it quiet at your house? :)

Tammy 07-20-2005 08:19 PM

I figured that the $$ that we made at the garage sale paid for the motel that was icky.

Susan, keep us posted on Betty.

Tina, Bob and I went to eat at a Chinese place tonight. Delicious! AND I didn't overdo it like I usually do. Made very good choices (for me anyway!!)

Happy Birthday Jody!! did you save us some cake?

Today was Tim's first day back to work. He's been off since June 22, so he was a bit apprehensive about going back. New sandwiches to learn! lol
Bob goes back to work in the morning. He's not looking forward to it.