Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Saturday Sayin' Hi

Good morning, Sistas!

I hope no one minds my starting a thread for today. I'm very excited because I had my first weigh in today and I'm down 3.6 pounds! I can't wait to read all about everyone else's successes, but I've also got my shoulders ready to lift anyone up who had a setback this week.

Anyone got anything exciting planned for this weekend? My best friend is visiting me from Georgia this weekend. We are going to go to lunch at Applebee's today and just hang out.

Let me ask you some questions....

1. What food/snack item do you feel is your biggest challenge to pass up?

2. What food item are you having the biggest challenge incorporating into your program?

For me, the biggest item I struggle with is ice cream, but I'm going to learn how to substitute as best I can (I just don't know how easy that will be to pass up the Cabarrus Creamery!).

My hardest thing to incorporate is veggies. I'm not a really big veggies fan as far as salads go. I know it is important, though and I'm trying - really I am!

I'll check in with ya latah!

Have a fabulous losing day!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! I have an exciting day of running errands and cleaning house planned here. I woke up this morning feeling rotten, as my period has unexpectedly arrived early. I think once I get going (and the drugs take effect, lol!) I'll be ok.

WTG Diva! That loss must feel great!

Mountain Dew. I've cut down to one a day (sometimes two) currently from my prior habit of 4-5 a day. Somedays, though, like today, it's really hard to talk myself out of having more.

2. What food item are you having the biggest challenge incorporating into your program? Hmmm... not sure. I love veggies, but don't really care for fruits. So I guess I'd have to say fruits.

Well, I'm off. It's 10:45am and I haven't eaten a thing yet-- and I really need some caffeine! So I'll grab some toast and coffee and start running my errands. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #3  
THICK and tired of it

Good morning ladies!

Today I'm heading out to visit my brother and his girlfriend about two hours from here. I'm helping with a birthday party for one of the kids on Tuesday, so I'll be staying through then! Don't worry, I'll still check in here! I went grocery shopping last night and bought the food on my menu for those days- expensive trip!- and had to plan meals for 4 days- what a pain the butt! I usually only plan one day ahead. But my brother and his GF are skinny minis and I can't count on them to have reasonable choices at their house. So I'll show up with a cooler of my own food and broadcast that I'm on a diet- like that won't make me feel like a cow...

I hate to say it but I'm terribly cranky this morning and not motivated at all to do anything. Not even eat! It's 10am and I haven't had breakfast yet, so I'd better get on it. Have a good day girls- I'll try to be in a better mood later to post...

Lori
Old 07-16-2005, 11:07 AM   #4  

GOOD MORNING!!!! YAY! Our own little home!

Well I tried out that faboulous dessert Izzy and Lori! OMG SOOOOO GOOOOOD!

Lori-If you have Picture it I have the .png file I can send you. in order to use it as an avatar I had to save stuff in .jpg format, which glues down everything. But if you have the .png file you can play with it and then "save as" .jpg so you can use it on here.

Pizza. We eat it when we'reon teh run and it's fats and easy but to me one peice just isn't worth 8 points. It always leaves me wanting more, and no way would I waste 16 points on pizza.

2. What food item are you having the biggest challenge incorporating into your program? I'd say a variety of veggies, I don't mind veggies but I seem to stick with green beans and broccoli

Well DH and I just had a "disagreement", but I still need to talk to him about some bills, then I need to clean my house. while he sits on his butt adn watches cartoons no less. so have a fab day all!

~misty
Old 07-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #5  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I had a loss too, today!

McDonalds or any other fast food- I love fast food. The only reason I haven't gone is cause I have no money.

2. What food item are you having the biggest challenge incorporating into your program?

Veggies- I don't usually buy them. I love fresh fruit, especially in summer, but veggies....*sigh* Not so much.

(HUGS!) Yay for Saturday!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Pizza, Pizza and more pizza. When ever we have it, I always go over my points limit. I'll order a kind that is lower in points, but it still doesn't matter

Hmm. I think for me its just a variety. I'm a picky eater to begin with, so if I find something I like, I tend to just eat that each day, and not change my menu. I think that kills me sometimes, because my body gets used to the same things over and over. I only like certain veggies, and have a hard time trying new things.

~Liz
Old 07-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember
Pizza. We eat it when we'reon teh run and it's fats and easy but to me one peice just isn't worth 8 points. It always leaves me wanting more, and no way would I waste 16 points on pizza.
Very funny typo, Misty. That's not just a Freudian slip, it's a whole Freudian ensemble!
Old 07-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #8  

Hardest to pass up -- Definitely sweets (decadent desserts, candy, sweet rolls and donuts, ice cream) and Classic Coke. Haven't had a Coke for 13 weeks and 4 days!!!! Does knowing that fact make me an addict?

Hardest to incorporate -- Dairy. I never drink milk (sometimes on cereal) but have been eating a lot of yogurt. I love most veggies and fruits so no problem there.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #9  

LOL! Yeah that was a good one too funny!

As you have all probably guessed I can't type to save my life, you'd think the word THE wouldn't eb so hard, I mess it up almost everytime. They seriously need spell check on here LOL! I NEVER woudl have made it through college without my best friend. I hand wrote all my papers and she typed them for me or would at elast edit them once I typed them. Someday, I may even learn how to use a comma!!!

Well off to make the kids some lunch
Old 07-16-2005, 03:11 PM   #10  

Red face

So glad to see our own little spot here!
I ate only about 5 points yesterday and then had a large dinner at around 2-3 AM. Not sure if my body has not tried to get rid of it or I did not sleep long enough or such, but the scale shows a gain today. Am hoping/thinking tomorrow it will be evened out, but is a bit discouraging today especially after walking a lot yesterday. *shrugs* I have a sick man in the house, and I assume most of you ladies know what that is going to make my weekend like lol. Why are men always soooo tough when it comes time to ask for directions or read instructions or such, but when they are sick, they are the most helpless creatures on Earth?

Diva, congratulations! What a great WI! I have never been to Applebee's, but I hear they have the WW points right on the menu! (so do not cheat. . .we will know! )

Beef. . .I am just a carnivore. You remember in old cartoons how one character would be making a pie and the aroma would float all the way to another character across town. . .the other character's nose would guide the way as he floated or walked the aroma trail to the pie? That is what I feel like with beef. . .the smell just gets to me (sorry to gross any vegetarians out).

Veggies for sure. I can stand some veggies, but just not enough to eat them. I love almost every fruit, but everything is so expensive here that I generally do not buy any.

Amy, have you tried Diet Mountain Dew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzysgirl
I went grocery shopping last night and bought the food on my menu for those days- expensive trip!- and had to plan meals for 4 days- what a pain the butt!
Yes, but soon there will be less butt for it to be a pain in!

F&L:
"McDonalds or any other fast food- I love fast food. The only reason I haven't gone is cause I have no money."
I love fast food as well, with my preference going to BK with an often Wendy's as well. I sat down one day and figured out the points to the places I frequented and the places that are on my way that might tempt me. When I saw the McD's points, I almost threw up. For example, a frozen breaded chicken breast that I have often is about 4 points. At McDonald's, one of their McChickens (which are pretty tiny and not filling) is 11.2 points. The chicken itself is 4.9, so that means just the sauce and the bun are 6.3! Those extra 6-7 points could be used for soooo much more! Sausage Egg McMuffin-10.6 Points McGriddles-16 points. Their toasted deli sandwiches are usually reasonable in points, not as low as Subway, but there is a lot more meat. Unfortunately, my McDonald's does not have them. When I used to work in Ontario, almost a full October's lunches consisted of a small McFlurry, Chicken Selects, and medium fries. I thought the small ice cream was no big deal, the chicken would be healthier than anything they served, and how can you go to McDonald's without getting fries? Turns out that one meal is 37 points! To break down for anyone interested, the fries are 7.5 points (medium), the McFlurry is 11.3 (small/Smarties), and the Chicken Selects? Which McDonald's has advertised on its healthy menu? Which are just chicken battered. . .what can they possibly add to them? 18.2 points for 5! Those five strips contain 760 calories and 41 grams of fat! That should be enough to feed a small village one meal sheesh. Anyway, please get the fast food companion or make up a quick reference sheet. You might be able to stay away forever, but if not, at least you will be able to make an informed decision when you go to order. The apple slices are only 2 points and always taste very refreshing. The parfaits are 2.8 and they are not bad either (also a calcium and fruit serving).

Bev, have you tried C2? I drink Diet Coke but "it's nothing like -the real thing-, baby la la la". C2 is a nice in between. It is about half the points, but tastes very close to regular Coca-Cola! It has disappeared around here, so I hope they are still making it.

Misty, this is not English class so I do not think any of us really mind. There is a great free program called ieSpell where you can spell check anything you type on a website with just a right-click.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #11  

Maggie! Just noticed how close you are to your "Kiss 'Em Goodbye Goal"! *points* There! Right over there! Do you see it? The first finish line!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:30 PM   #12  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippohips
Amy, have you tried Diet Mountain Dew?
Ewwww~ as someone who has consumed Mountain Dew by the gallons for the last 15+ years, lemme tell you.... I can't stand Diet Mountain Dew! I like both Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi, but, the Diet Mountain Dew just has this bitter taste to it. I appreciate the thought, though!

I've actually been keeping Diet Coke around lately, and trying to stick with one Dew per day. When I REALLY want another, I drink a Diet Coke instead. I know that's not the best choice, but, it's better than another sugar-laden high-points Dew.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:46 PM   #13  

Hmm. Have you tried mint green iced tea? ^_^ It seems to have a similar -kick- but not quite as many points. Too bad Diet Mountain Dew is bad. I find Diet Dr Pepper to be superb! But I can not find it around here.

Since you are a Dew lover, have to tell you a quick story about my mother, another Dew lover. She was on SB for about four months and Dew is what broke her heh. Anyway, when she came to visit me in Canada, she had driven the whole way and was really tired. She does not drink coffee or tea so she kept saying "Ough I just really need some caffeine, I am going to run to the store and get some Mountain Dew". (I did not have any. . .actually have not drank Mountain Dew in years but now my tongue is salivating thinking about it heh.) Anyway, we got some Mountain Dew and she drank half the 20 oz. bottle and suddenly her eyes just shot open and she was bouncing all over the place like she had downed an espresso machine or something. She kept raving how ooooh the caffeine and such. There were several other occasions that this occurred on her visit, where she would be yawning, yawning, Mountain Dew, woo-hoo! The funny part is Mountain Dew in Canada has no caffeine!!! lol Was either the sugar or just the placebo effect. Kind of had to be there, but it was soooo hard not for me to burst out laughing every single time she would say, "Boy that caffeine is just what I needed. I do not know how I would be awake without it." Et cetera.

Last edited by hippohips; 07-16-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #14  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Maggie! Just noticed how close you are to your "Kiss 'Em Goodbye Goal"! *points* There! Right over there! Do you see it? The first finish line!!!

Oh, my, darlin', yes! It is right there... Kiss Em Goodbye #2! Thank you for reminding me!
Old 07-16-2005, 04:08 PM   #15  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
The funny part is Mountain Dew in Canada has no caffeine!!! lol Was either the sugar or just the placebo effect. Kind of had to be there, but it was soooo hard not for me to burst out laughing every single time she would say, "Boy that caffeine is just what I needed. I do not know how I would be awake without it." Et cetera.
Never underestimate the power of the human mind!
Closed Thread