Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:02 AM   #1  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up Fab & Fit 40s & 50's #176

Hi Girls,

Jen, you're in my thoughts & prayers. Lately, all I've been hearing is bad news.
Some people don't believe in the afterlife and that makes me sad. I work with a few of them. I know aunt Ginny is in a better place. All our loved ones are waiting to see us one day.

I have to take Sammy out. Be back in a bit,

Last edited by Rios426; 11-06-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:48 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I agree with you about the afterlife. While I have become disillusioned with the religion I was raised in, I do still have my faith.

I'll have to go to the wake and funeral without Joe, as he left yesterday morning for Ohio, and will be gone for two weeks. (His employer is footing the bill for a fairly expensive radiology class, and it was an opportunity he couldn't miss)
He is very sorry to not be here, but the class had been planned for quite some time. Joe is my rock and to not have him by my side is unsettling...but I'll have to deal with it.

On the plus side, we're off Friday for Veteran's Day I'll be able to attend a meeting that morning in order not to have a miss this week.

Have a good Monday HI to everyone.
~Jen
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #3  

Jen,
I am so sorry about Aunt Ginny. I am so glad you got to see her. I know what you mean about Joe being your rock. Bruce is mine. It was hard not having him there for my dad's funeral but it was ok. I would have rather had him where he was for peace of mind.
I will be thinking of you.

Luv ya,
Terri
Old 11-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi,
My aunt is laid to rest and everyone is doing well. It was wonderful to see two of my cousins who came in from Pennsylvania. There was one lone bagpiper at the church, and then again at the cemetery. It was beautiful. He played Amazing Grace and I will never forget that moment.

WW is offering a 5 week pass for only $45! I printed it off their website to bring to the meeting tonight; I'm hoping my center is participating in it. That's much better than the 10.95 each week that they charge. I don't know who the leader is on Thursdays, but want to get the meeting in so I don't get off track. I did lose the weight I put on during those 3 weeks...6 pounds...so am back to where I was a month ago. Onward and downward!

Terri and Es, I'm so glad that you're posting and we're keeping in touch. I miss the others and hope they're all well. Dianne and Sandy, hi!

luv,
~Jen
Old 11-11-2005, 07:46 AM   #5  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Jen,

Thanks for sharing the photo. You have such a pretty smile. I had 4 aunts. I have 1 left but we're not close. She looks just like my Mom. I found out not too long ago she had a heart attack but she survived. My oldest sister has been calling her but no one returns her calls. We're planning to go see her. I had an aunt like aunt Ginny. She passed yrs. ago. There's something about bagpipers. They really make me cry.

Way to go with your weight loss. I haven't gained. I'm going to try & start WW at work.

We are the only 3 left from our group. I hope we start hearing from our girls soon. I miss them.

I'm off today. I have a dental appt at 10:00 then I'm getting my hair done at 12:00. That's an all day thing.

Have a nice day.

Hugs
Es
Old 11-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #6  

Jen and Es,
Did I miss a pic? I want to see.
I am glad we are still here. I miss y'all.

I will send a picture of my family from last Dec. to your e-mails. I will take a pic. of us this year.

The bagpipes sound so sad. I love that.

Luv you guys,
Terri
Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Well, Joe's been gone 8 days now, and that's it! I'm ready for him to get back here He'll be home late Friday night, which is a good thing...only 4 more nights alone.. which gives me a newfound respect for military wives (and husbands) who go it alone for months and even longer.

The holidays have crept up on me; there's no way I feel ready to begin shopping and preparing for it all.

HI to everyone...enjoy your Monday!
~Jen
Old 11-18-2005, 05:32 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Where is everyone???

TGIF! and Joe returns home tonight, finally.

The WW meeting was good this week, focusing on how to handle Thanksgiving dinner and being prepared for the challenge.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

~Jen
Old 11-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #9  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Jen, glad Joe comes home tonight. I know you missed him. I really miss the meetings. I think I'm going back real soon. I'm not going to wait till after the holidays. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I'm going to my brother's. My sister-in-law is making the turkey & I'm making a ham.

It is awfully quiet around here.

Hi Terri

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Es
Old 11-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #10  

Es,
That is such a cute picture. I hate missing the meetings. I really enjoy them.

Jen,
I am so glad Joe is coming home. I hate when Bruce is gone.

Your Thanksgiving sounds nice Es. What are you doing Jen?

Britt's work gave everyone a turkey. It is 13 pounds. I have to decide what to do. I probably will make it and then buy a small ham and make it the day before. She is excited that she is helping with dinner.
We will wake up and have cinnamon rolls (a small one for me) and coffee and watch the parade. Then the house will smell wonderful. That is the part I love. After dinner we will go to see Harry Potter. We go to the theater every year after dinner. It is amazing how many people do that.
Then we will have pie when we get home. I miss family on Thanksgiving but it is nice to be just us. I feel more relaxed.

Tomorrow is Ohio St. vs Michigan. One of the biggest rival games in college football. It is also the Iron Bowl. That is Auburn vs. Alabama. This place is nuts on Iron Bowl Sat. Well, one of Brandon's friend's mom and dad scheduled a birthday party for their son a half hour drive away in another town, right in the middle of all this football craziness. I wanted to sit and watch Ohio State with Bruce so bad. I heard a lot of parents were upset. 3 of the boys want to stay home and watch the game too. They are 15 after all. These parents will have to travel to pick their kids up the last hour of the Iron Bowl. Here in Alabama if one spouse likes Auburn and one likes Alabama it is called a mixed marriage. It is crazy. Last year I saw three arguments (3 different times) break out in Kroger the morning of the game. Oh well. At least the kids will have fun.
I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.
Terri
Old 11-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
The description of the "mixed marriage" had me laughing out loud What a rivalry! I agree, what a hassle about the party...what were they thinking? I hope you get to watch part of it, at least.
Joe, Jess, Mike, Brandon, Iliana and Joey are all going to the Imax theatre tonight for the 10:30 showing of the Harry Potter movie. They bought the tickets already. Matt and I will stay here, probably both be asleep by then.

Es,
How nice to have both turkey and ham....good leftovers! We have Thanksgiving at our house every year, just us and the kids. Now we're a family of 8.

I love making the meal. The night before I do some of the prep work, then put the pies in the oven on Thanksgiving morning. It makes the house smell wonderful. We use herbs from the garden in the turkey, fresh sage and thyme.
We listen to the Nutcracker Suite during dinner, then we all watch It's a Wonderful Life after dinner, to kick off the holiday season. I love tradition.

Joe made it home safe and sound and all is good

till later,
~Jen
Old 11-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #12  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

Terri, I would love to stay home for the holidays but my brother always misses his family so I'm going to make him happy this year. He's doing so well with his gym. He's very well known out here. I am very proud of him.

Jen, I love this time of year. It's so cozy. I wish I had a fireplace. It's all about family. Last year David had a girlfriend, this year he's solo. He's going to my brother's with us which is a very lively household. Too lively!

We rescued a cat. She's about 4 months old. She was up on a tree & so scared. No one would help us. I couldn't belive it. She was up there cold & hungry for 2 days. Finally Pete found someone with a ladder & we got her down. I didn't want a cat so I drove & called everywhere & everyone & they all said they were overcrowded. Long story short, I got her spayed, shots, her & sammy already love eachother & we named her Sadie. She found a family who will care for her & a warm home. I'm such a sucker for pets. Pete is just as bad as I am. Last night she slept on my back.

Have a nice weekend my friends.

Luv u's,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-02-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
What a wonderful life Sadie will have with you! You did the right thing.
hugs,
~Jen
Old 11-20-2005, 07:52 AM   #14  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls,

Happy Sunday. Thanksgiving is almost here. I'm working the day after. It's always very slow because lots of people think we're closed. I'm going to send Dianne an email today to find out if everything is OK. It's not like her to stay away so long.

Have a great day. I hope your weather is just as beautiful as ours.

{{{HUGS}}}
Es
Old 11-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #15  

Es,
That is so precious. I never thought I'd be a cat person but I LOVE my Bosco. My mom and sister rescued him. I bet Sammy and Sadie are sooooo cute together. You could make a calendar.
That is so sweet to make your brother happy. You'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jen,
Enjoy the smell and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Where is everyone?

Come out, come out wherever you are.

Luv ya,
Terri
Closed Thread