Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #16  

Well we just got back from my parents house where we had hamburgers and hotdogs.

Rob is better this evening, thanks for asking. I am just a nervous wreck. Thanks for the web site, Suz. I went and lit a candle for Séamus and felt much better.

It been a long day, now I am off to out my babies to bed (its always a joy on the 4th because they all are scared of fireworks) I am trying to get the 8 and 4 year old to sleep in the same room. Along wit our scaredy cat.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Just a quick note to say hello and hope everyone had a good day.
I felt so stuffed that I only had fruit and veggies for supper. I'm sipping on a diet drink at the moment.
Everyone have a good Wednesday!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #18  
Susan

Howdy,

Hope everyone is doing good today. Pat is off this week so we are playing some. Yesterday we went to see War of the World. I can't believe how stupid people are to take young kids to it. Today, we went to the mall. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

I am down 2 pounds. Hope this is going to be the start of something good. I would like to get over that 15 pound hump.

Tina, I love fruit!!! I could eat just it.

Tammy, what's shaking with you?

Amy, my scaredy cat niece and nephews get that from their aunt. I love to watch fireworks just wish I didn't have to hear them.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #19  

My son turned 18 today. I feel old.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #20  
Susan

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Mimi's son
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!

Mimi, You will never be old!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #21  

Totally pooed tonight. Deb and I worked in the garage all day for the sale. Oh my word! I can't believe how much stuff we have out there!! It will be nice to get rid of things, so I don't have to have them around the house.

lol to Mimi. I know how you feel. Tim was 17 in March.

Speaking of Tim, he called from Switzerland this morning (afternoon for him). He bought me a cuckoo clock!!! He's having it shipped home. I kidded around about wanting one, but I didn't dream that he would really do it!!! They head for Austria tomorrow. They are having a great time.

My nephew and I tried to set up a stereo out in the garage. I know it works, but apparently we don't have something hooked up right somewhere. You can hear very quiet music, but the volume is turned all the way up!! Maybe someone who comes to the sale will know what to do.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Mimi, tell your son Happy Birthday from me. I'm sure he'll be impressed.
Tammy, I hope you make a mint of money on that sale.
Susan, it sounds like you and Pat are having a great time. You didn't say how you liked War of the Worlds. Was it as good as all the hype?
Sis, how's it going???????
Amy, drink lots of water and don't faint from this heat.
Pretty soon Larry and I are going to his hometown, Abilene. There, it's 105 in the shade. I'd thought about taking my bathing suit (if it still looks good) but decided it would be way too hot outside. I don't want to fry.

Susan, congrats on that loss. Keep it comin' off.
Good luck to those who are weighing tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #23  

Howdy from the Sun!

Right now it is 10:00 pm and 97 degrees. Today we broke 100 for the 4th straight day. My grass is hay (Hey Sue, you need any for the horses? )

Well in 10 days my 8 1/2 year old daughter will be going up to Susan's to stay for a week. Manda is totally excited to the point that she asked me to take out the suitcase last night so she will make sure all her stuff will fit. This is the first time she will have stayed way from home. The funny thing is that she was not the child to even like to stay over at my parents house just 6 months ago. Now she has had 2 sleep overs in a week.

The thing is that Sue and I are very much alike... look alike, sound alike, and the list goes on. I am just much shorter, rounder, and younger (much younger).

Hope you all can stay cool and watered down in this heat .

I am off to sit under the fan.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Default A broken record

Like the "title" says, I feel like I'm a broken record but this heat is something else. It was 101 last night! It was in the high 80's when I woke up at 6:30 a.m. Could this be Global Warming!!!!!!!

Tammy, I hope y'all have a great garage sale and make a mint of money......enough to share with all of us.
Have you been to the dr. recently? I was wondering how you were doing.

Mimi, did you do something special for the birthday boy or did he go out with friends?
Sis, how is your daughter doing? Did you find out more about what she has? If so, please share it with us.
Amy, stay by that fan.
Susan, have a ball with your niece.
Maureen are you still hanging out reading the posts?
How is everyone else???????

Our trip is tomorrow and I woke up with a sore throat. Wouldn't you just know it! I'm taking it easy but have to go buy a new bra. It's weird, I've gained some weight and it went to my hips and my bust. I've never had a big bust. I need a bigger bra. Yuck. I want to lose this weight quickly.
Tina
Old 07-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #25  
GoddessInclined

Default Greetings....

Ugh....dreading weigh-in today...I don't think I've been overeating for the most part, but have I been eating like crap. We're into tech week and dress rehearsals for the play I'm directing, and everything I say or do has to do with "Tom Sawyer." So stop me if I start humming, and for cripes sake, if I burst out in song, just slap me.

Tina--don't worry, when you lose the weight again, twice the weight you gained in your bra will fall away before an ounce does from anywhere else on your body. At least that's the way it works with me (and of course, I lose it unevenly from bazoom to bazoom, so it looks like gravity only affects the left side of my body).

Mimi--18? You ARE old. (Ha ha--just kidding) When my son turned 9, I told him "Well, I'm halfway done with ya." He wasn't impressed. Of course, he told me he was moving out when he was eighty, so I've got time to work on him.

It's about 75*F here today--it could stay exactly like this all summer and this goddess would be extremely pleased. Monday, when we have a full dress rehearsal, is forecasted to be 90*F, which means under lights it will push over 100. Thank god I'm the director and will just be barking at the actors who are singing and dancing and sweating under those lights.

Trying to drink lots of water today to keep me from gorging on food before weigh-in today....am waaaaay too tired to live today.....
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #26  
Susan

I'm almost afraid to say anything but we've had some wet stuff coming out of the sky. It's not alot but we'll take any that we can get.

Tina, hope you feel better!!! It's not good to be sick on a trip. I hate bra shopping.

Jody, you crack me up with "I'm half way done with ya" I laughed so hard. He just thinks he is staying until he is 80 I'm impressed that you are directing a play. That's cool.

Amy, I better start resting up so I can be ready for Amanda to come. Hey, you are way younger but you don't have to rub it in

Tammy, have you heard from Tim today? I am worried sick about him with all the goings on in London. I know he isn't there but it's too close.

Mimi, how was the birthday celebration.

Ya'll would laugh if you knew how much Amy and I are alike. Her daughter would only stay over at mom and dad's house unless I was there for many years.

Have a great day and stay cool.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:50 PM   #27  

Sue - you know that you can't count wet stuff coming from the sky when you spray the hose up in the air making rainbows. I might be younger but you act younger.

Jody - good luck with your play, is it the musical version "Big River" or just Tom Sawyer? It will be wonderful wither way.

Tina, I hope you are feeling better.

Please everyone be extra careful. With the goings on in London we all need to take extra time to keep safe.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #28  
Susan

I agree with Amy on making sure that you use extra precaution when you are out and about.

Amy, me acting younger I have NO idea what you are talking about??

We just got home from having hamburgers. We went to a new place in town and it's similar to Fuddruckers. As my nephew says "Bug Rackers" It was a good thing that we had hardly eaten today.

Be safe!!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:26 PM   #29  

Tim called this afternoon from Austria. He said all of the kids were calling home. I agree, he is too close. He said the tour group that is in charge of his large group, currently has another smaller group in London. That is scary. I can't wait for him to be home. This was the one thing that I was so concerned about when we signed him up to go on this trip.

Garage sale went well. My SIL and I took in about $200. Not bad considering most of our things were marked $1.00 or less. Silly stereo works now, but no one has bought it. I refuse to bring it back in the house!!!! I sold quite a few things from my closets. The one lady who bought most of them was thrilled that they were in such good shape. I really don't know if I'll have another one anytime soon. I am totally worn out from getting it ready yesterday and being out there all day today. I'm thinking that some of the things that I have out there, I might take to school for a goody box if they don't sell.

Tina, I was at the doctor on Tuesday. He is sending me for a back x-ray since I'm constantly having lower back pain. He is also sending me for a stress test. When I walk, I've been having pain in my shoulder blades. He wants to make sure that it isn't something to do with my heart. I think he's worried for nothing. At least I hope so!
My Cholesterol was down since I had it checked last. The Triglycerides were up a little, and he wants that number to come down. My glucose was 112. I felt pretty good about the checkup really. He still wants me to lose weight of course. BUT he did tell me how pleased he is that I've come as far as I have.

LOL about the bra Tina!! I broke down and bought a new swimming suit. I probably won't use it except in the hottub at the hotel, but I wanted something newer. I have had the old one since Tim was 2 years old. think it was time????

Jody, stay cool while you are barking orders!!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #30  
GoddessInclined

Default random ramblings

Gack!!! My occasional dyslexia does not allow me to read "Fuddruckers" without a serious double take.

Amy--musical, yes, "Big River," no. The full title "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer: The Broadway Musical" and has GREAT music--not like the 70's TV version at all. It's my first play--and holy cow, you wouldn't believe the details--thousands of them--that it requires to pull something like this off. Last night I dreamed that for whatever reason, we could use our current stage and got switched to the hockey rink instead, so now my gloomy cave scene has to take place on a stark white floor. And then this girl from high school that I hated showed up claiming she was ready to sing her fairy solo now--there are no fairies in "Tom Sawyer." And if all that stress wasn't enough for my stomach, the lentil soup I ate for lunch is making me fart. Okay, the soup wasn't in my dream, but the rest of it was.

Hope those of you with loved ones overseas hear from them soon--both my brothers were stationed in Iraq & Afghanistan last year, so I know how tense it can be waiting for word of safety.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and drink your water!!!

Hugs!
Closed Thread