View Poll Results: I've seen a $140 jacket that would be great for my interview, should I....
Buy it, keep the tags on and return it after the interview 1 5.56%
Buy it and keep it - could be an investment... 13 72.22%
Don't buy it 4 22.22%
Other - suggestions welcome! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 06:51 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Monday 4 June - DAILY THREAD

morning girls,
cool update to the forum - now we can go smilie-tastic!
just put a query in the poll for you...hope you can help!
must go work, be back later, hope you all had good weekends,
kirsty
Old 06-04-2001, 08:37 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Kristy

I voted don't buy the jacket....but based on my families money situation. Now, having said that if you can afford it, then I say go for it. It would totally be a good investment. It is hard to say what to do when I don't know what your cashflow is like. Whatever you decide on the jacket, I am sure you will do great at the interview! Good luck!

Angie
Old 06-04-2001, 08:41 AM   #3  

Default OMG I forgot to tell you my funny story!!

OK, I am day 12 of my cycle today, so we started our bd (baby dancing) fest. We set up a video for our 6 year old and put Emma down for a nap. Everything looked good, so dh and I went "down for a nap"

*warning a little graphic*

Carl was on top and had JUST pulled the covers over top of is nekked behind when all of a sudden I heard my daughter about 2 steps from our door. She was running and all of a sudden the door swung open. I flung Carl off of me and he started cracking up. Of course I was dying of laughter too. Sarah just stood there looking at us and saying "whats so funny? why are you laughing??" "Mommy, tell me!" OMG at this point I was laughing so hard. SO, the very first thing I could think of was "Daddy told me a very funny joke". Thankfully she left it at that. She wanted to know if a friend could come over. Usually she is very good about knocking, but was excited because her friend had called and wanted to play. OMG we are SO going to have to be more careful. Just thought I would share

p.s We DID get that bd in though

Angie
Old 06-04-2001, 08:46 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default money money money

not sure if i can afford it, but on the plus side i got a voucher from the store in question (marks and spencers). remember the time i found an insect in my strawberries? they sent me $40 worth of vouchers....hooray! so that would reduce the price of the jacket slightly...
great story angie! it got me thinking (god knows why) about taking your clothes off (cos you're getting changed or whatever) and the dog/cat is in the room. anyone else find it weird or is it just me that doesn't like being naked in front of animals?!
Old 06-04-2001, 09:06 AM   #5  
Proud Mama

I voted to buy the jacket, but then again, I like to splurge on myself! If the jacket looks really nice, you'll feel smart and successful in it, and it wont send you to the bread-line begging for food, then go ahead and get it! If you get the job, you'll have tons of use for it.

Ok, so I weighed-in on the 1st. Not stellar, but not too bad. I'm now 5 pounds down so at least I'm heading in the right direction.

Not much else is new around these parts.

Angie, funny story! I'm sure DH and I will have the same problem in the not-so-distant future!

Kay, I'm holding my breath here waiting for Tuesday.

Better run. Work calls.
Old 06-04-2001, 09:14 AM   #6  

Talking Best weekend!!!

I had the most fun at my reunion this weekend. I saw all of my friends and had a great time!! I ate too much and drank too much though. Of course that was after gaining 1 pound at WI on thurs too I am annoyed at myself but I am back on track. I just don't want to undo all of the hard work I have done. I got a little exercise each day at least. We danced a lot of Sat and I did yard work when I got home yesterday.

I tried to post on Friday but the site wouldn't let me. Sorry I missed everyone.

Kirsty - I voted not to get the jacet. I think if the whole suit were $140, that is ok. I think that mush for a jacket is too much. If you have $40 voucher and the jacket is now only $100, I might go for it though.

Angie - Great story. I have heard funny stories about kids walking in. I didn't know that you were trying for another, good luck!

On the subject of babies - I am telling you they are everywhere! 2 of my friends from college are PG plus people from work. They are not in my immediate group of friends but it just seems like everywhere I turn, people are going to have babies. I am really looking forward to that being me. It is hard when people ask when we are going to have kids though, I don't want to tell everyone that it is going to be soon I hope! Anyway, just an observation.

So this week is busy. I have a rehearsal dinner and wedding this weekend. I am reaslly worried about my eating getting out of control. DH and I talked about it briefly since we have so many events this summe.r We literally have something every weekend and I don't want to use that as an excuse to eat everything in site and forget about WW. I would love your advice. I will never give up cake although I can cut down on the drinking - it the food!!!!

Ok, well come and post. I love the new smilies. Have a great Monday. I am unmotivated as usual.

Sarah
194.4/160.6/153WW
Old 06-04-2001, 09:37 AM   #7  
flibbertobbergenie!

Wooooooooooah, it looks all weird and confusing But I'm sure I will get used to it soon and I LOVE the clickable smilies (you might have noticed)

So ... did everybody have a fab weekend? Mine was busy - invigilating on Saturday morning (so no lie-in - BOO), rehearsal Saturday afternoon, concert Saturday evening. Sunday we went over to Blokey's to start sorting out his stuff, because he moves in with me for a few weeks in about 3 weeks' time, then on August 1st we move into our new flat! YIPPEE! I got an e-mail today from the Uni accommodation office, offering us a flat right in the place we wanted, which is fab. I'm so excited!!! But we both have to sort out all our stuff and junk things we don't need, otherwise there'll be no space for anything ...

Have to do more emergency invigilating tomorrow morning, so might not be able to fit in WI, but I will have to see. I don't want to miss, this week's gone really well - even though I haven't been journalling, I've been making good decisions and I'm pleased with myself. Ah well

Angie - cool story! And Kirsty - you are not alone. My cat freaks me out because she stares! She likes to follow you into the loo and watch that as well ... Sarah - glad your reunion was good. I have a lot of busy (foody!) weekends coming up too ... Janet - 5lbs down is a good chunk!

hugs everyone,
Lolly
xxx
Old 06-04-2001, 09:45 AM   #8  
Parrothead

Default Good Morning!

Hello all!
I voted to buy the jacket. I think that since the voucher brings down the price a bit, that $100 is worth a nice jacket. If it is a neutral color you'll be able to wear it with everything from skirts to jeans. You can't go wrong with a fabulous jacket. I think that a great jacket is a staple in most closets.

Angie ~ such a funny story! Luckily she is young enough to not understand.

Janet ~ 5 pounds! WOW! That is a great loss. You'll be there in no time!

Sarah ~ Glad you had fun at your reunion! Last summer was like that for DH and I. We were planning our own wedding and invited to about 10. I think he and I have been to 30 weddings since we got together. Luckily we only have 2 this summer. We also have 2 friends having babies (any minute) and another that just had one. It's going to change the entire dynamic of our group of friends (there are about 15 of us that have known each other for about 10 years). I think its going to be a blast!

Ok ~ So continuing my saga...I haven't hag pg symptoms in two days and I still haven't gotten AF (I think she is due today or tomorrow). I took three tests this weekend. Two were the First Response and one was the EPT. I did the FR one on Saturday night and got a really faint positive, but it faded after 10 minutes. Then I took and EPT and got a negative. On Sunday morning I took another FR and got a negative. So basically the tests told me zero and I'll just have to wait. At least DH and I have gotten to talk a lot about it. Finances would be very tight if we're pg now. Austin is so expensive for housing that we'd have to live way out of town and we wouldn't be able to buy any stuff for the house. I proposed that we move back to Sugar Land where all of my friends(and parents) are and the houses are about 50K cheaper. He wasn't very keen on it and used the excuse that he couldn't find a job. I was really upset at this because he COULD find a job there, but just doesn't want to. Anyway I guess marriage is about compromise and I probably could figure out a way to work from home with my current company. It just ticks me off because I am willing to sacrifice so much and work from home and he doesn't even consider moving somewhere cheaper. Day care is out of the question becasue like the housing costs, it is also very expensive. It would cost about $1700 a month, so working would be pretty much moot. Sorry for the vent, I'm just a little anxious now. I'll keep you guys updated!

Thanks,
Kay
Old 06-04-2001, 09:47 AM   #9  

Kirsty Well, since you have the $40 voucher, I would say go for it! Get the jacket, enjoy it, and since you WILL get that job you'll have lots of time to get good use out of it. The animal thing.....well we only have a guinea pig, and he stays downstairs. I can't imagine I would feel very comfortable being watched though (by any creature)

Lolly Good on ya, for making good decisions. I am sure you WI (whenever you get a chance to go) will show a loss. Good Luck!

Sarah I'm glad you had a great time at the reunion. I am sure with all that dancin, you burned off whatever you ate, and drank. Anyway, you gotta splurge every now and then!

Janet Congrats on your loss! Keep it up!

I love this new board set up, it is TOO COOL!
Old 06-04-2001, 09:55 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Exclamation i bought it!

i made BF come with me to the store and check it out. and i ended up buying it (mainly cos i had the voucher). it's black and has a simple hook and eye clasp at the front so it is quite flattering cos it nips in at the waist and looks kinda sexy too. of course, i'll not take the tags off yet...just in case i take it back!
and it's a size 10
but that's a british marks and spencers size 10 so god knows what size that is in american money! probably an 8...
ta for all the advice!
good news on the flat lolly - i'm there for the housewarming! are we still meeting up for your birthday before our race on the sunday? is it the fri or the sat night? i'd prefer friday cos don't like to run with a hangover but tis up to you....i'm possibly staying with BF's folks that weekend anyhow, so will be near oxford both nights.
sarah - sounds like you had a fab time - hooray!
janet - 5 pounds is great!
ok, back to work now...

kirsty
Old 06-04-2001, 10:22 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Quick Hello!

Hello there - this is pretty cool, the new board! Well, I am in **** meeting day today, so I just have time for a quick hi before I head off.

I had a great weekend - camped and had a good b/f weekend. We had it out about the ex - it was very good!! And he is being awesome of late.

WAs PRETTY OP....did have cake at godson's communion

Kirsty - I voted buy it - so good for you!! Enjoy it.

Angie - happy bd

Janet - Woo hoo on the 5 lbs
Sarah - glad you enjoyed your reunion!!

Kay - can you not go to a doctor? their tests are accurate right away - no guessing. I would do that right away before you worry yourself into a hole.

Lolly - sounds like a good weekend! Good luck getting to WI!!

Well, hello to everyone else, I have to run to a meeting with the boss....

Belle
Old 06-04-2001, 10:40 AM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Ladies, I haven't "replied" in ages. I just wanted to pop in and say "HI" Work has been laying people off left and right so I figured I wouldn't write for a while however once you get out of the habit it's hard to start again OK no more excuses!!
I am doing pretty well as far as the weight thing goes I am at 179. I leave for Grand Cayman in 6 days so I didn't quite make it to my original goal but I haven't weighed this in a year so that is exciting. I am praying that I can get past the poor body image thing and just have a great time!! I find that I usually do on vacations.
So a lot of names I don't recognize but I will catch up!
Kirsty I voted Yes on buying and keeping the jacket. I agree with Kay it is a STAPLE in the wardrobe!! Congrats on the sz10!
Kay Do you have an appt on Tues? I thought that someone referred to that??? Oh well I will send out a prayer for you!
Belle-Glad you had it out over the ex thing!! I read on Fri (I think) and I don't think you are paranoid I would hate their relationship! Long letters phone calls etc. Stick to your guns! Glad things are going well!
Lolly Congrats on the flat. Sounds great!
Angie Close call
Janet R HI I don't think we've "met" I am glad your weight is going in the right direction. That is always a blessing!
Sarah Glad that you had a good wknd! It sounds like you are already making a healthy plan for your busy wknds. Good for you!
Ok sorry if I missed anyone! I will check in later
Becky
Old 06-04-2001, 11:34 AM   #13  

Question WW online

Hi! A friend of mine asked if I had heard of WW online program. I went to the wesbite and checked it out. It is $45 for 3 months!!! No meetings but the rest of it sounds really good. what do you all think? I am about to buy the new package to "buy out the summer" for $142 for 13 weeks. This made me question my decision but I do like the meetings!

Kay - I think you are a little anxious. I think you should wait at least 2 more days and test again. I understand what you mean about considering a move to a cheaper place to live. I definitely think about it b/c we live outisde DC and the cost of living is very expensive. Day care is $400 a week I think. I am hoping to work from home as well and only 3 days a week at first. Good luck with your discussions.

Lolly - congrats on the appt!

Kirsty - Good for you for buying the jacket. I am sure that you will be pelased. I never take tags off until right before I wear something.

Becky - It's good to see you back!!

Belle - Glad you had a fun weekend. I hope that things continue to go well with b/f.

Janet - 5 pound loss - Excellent!!!

Hi to Trish, Jen, Lori, shaylene, Ali, Emily, Tonya, Stacey and everyone! I am hungry for lunch (bored) and it's only 11:30. Argh See yo later.

Sarah
194.4/160.6/153
Old 06-04-2001, 11:35 AM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi all... Well I had WI on Sat and gained again. ARGGGG.. But I really felt bloated. SO I won't be weighing in for 2 weeks because I am gone, we'll see what happens. After this gain I am REALLY on track again, even got up this morning and walked Sadie!

Kirsty Glad you bought the jacket. I would have and you will always be able to use it!! I love new clothes!
Oh and my dog always watches me. The cat could care less. But Sadie tries to come into the bathroom when I am using it. Drives me nuts!!! What is even weirder is when I have Emma with me and she is sitting on the bed and I am changing. Since I am not b-feeding anymore, I feel awkward!!

Angie GOOD LUCK!!!!

Janet YAH on the loss. I think that is fabulous!!!!!

Kay Check with your doctor. I tested the day I didn't get my period and it was positive. It started faint, but got really dark after 10 minutes. Definately check with your doctor, it will bring the stress off!!

Becky Welcome back!!!

Hey Hey to everyone else!! Mondays are the worst, but I am sure it will get better. Still no sun here. Haven't had sun in over a week... been like 10 days or so. And it rained again all weekend and was frigid cold. I can't believe this weather. It is not supposed to be like this. No wonder I gained, how can you have motivation with weather like this!!

Ta ta for now!
Old 06-04-2001, 12:30 PM   #15  

Wink

Good Monday Morning!

Jen ~ Hang in there with the weight, I am in the same boat, keep journaling and exercising....it will come off!!

Sarah ~ The WW online sounds interesting, though, would miss out on the meetings!

Becky ~ Nice to see you again! Keep posting, we missed you!!

Belle ~ Glad to hear you had a heart-to-heart with BF, kick him into shape!! Gotta train them when they are young! (That's what my mom says!)

Kirsty ~ I bet your new jacket looks fab. Anything that makes ya look sexy, I would buy!!

Kay ~ I am thinking about you, get to the dr. girl!!!

Lolly ~ You sound really busy, don't forget us!

Hi Janet and Angie (love the "getting caught" story!) Happens to DH and I too. How are couples with children suppose to do it anyway? We are too tired at night after the kids go to bed!!

Well, I had a bad eating weekend, and am completely mad at myself, but am regrouped today, still need some motivation, but I think I can do it! I am journaling, and trying to get some exercise in (which hasn't been easy, since the weather sucks here), but will do my best. Work is pretty quiet. I am off on Friday, Monday and Tuesday since my daycare provider is on vacation. It will be nice spending some extra time with the kids.

Well, back to work...later!
Closed Thread