3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Fab 40's and Fit 50's ! #172 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/57579-fab-40s-fit-50s-172-a.html)

Rios426 06-03-2005 05:11 AM

Jen, deciding whether or not to have this surgery has been very stressful. I over heard the executive director telling my office manager that I should wait till August to have it done because the receptionist is going out on leave. THE MAN MUST BE ON DRUGS! I was so angry!:mad: Only because they are too cheap to hire a temp. I'm planning to be out only 2 weeks but I read the recovery could be anywhere from 4 to 6. :yikes: I can't afford to go out on short term disability. I'm so happy for Joey & Iliana.

Sandy, you are one busy bee. I hope you can come back more often real soon. ;)

TGIF:D I will be back later. Have to get ready for work.

Hasta luego mi amigas:grouphug:

Es

Sandancy 06-03-2005 12:40 PM

Hi Es,
I am really sorry to see that the pain in your wrist turned out to be more than just Carpal tunnel and that you will need surgery. I want to apologize for being rather dense about the fact that your pain was an ongoing issue. June 27th is coming up really fast, I hope you will be able to keep us posted as to how you are doing. I can't understand why bosses have to be so inconsiderate. :devil: I would be glad to deliver him/her a swift kick in the pants for you.:devil:

Back to the garden,
Sandy

points 06-03-2005 12:53 PM

Es,
I hope the surgery is successful. It sounds so painful. You will be in my prayers.

Jen,
Congrats on passing up the free food. :wtg:
Joey is getting married. How exciting. I'll bet you are on :cloud9:
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy,
When is the big day? They are all growing so fast. Enjoy the beauty of your garden.

Not much going on today. Staying home. YAY!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro 06-03-2005 03:41 PM

Hello my buddies:

Es, amiga, so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I pray it will be successful and after your recovery period, the pain will be gone. What a jerk that guy was about when you should schedule your surgery - if he had a pain in his butt, would he wait 2 months to have it removed??? :devil:

Jen - I'm so glad you are so motivated and so proud of you! Its true what someone here said, when one of us has a success, it usually motivates the others - I have not been exercising lately and when I read about your amazing loss, it just made me want to get back on track. So, thanks! Tomorrow, Lisa and I are going on a walk with the church - we will walk our zip code, have no idea how much walking that will be, but that will certainly get me jump started back to exercising!

LJ - too funny about princess of points or contessa of core :lol: :lol: I'm not doing core, thank you very much - I'm just not ready for that. Once I hit goal, maybe I'll try it.

Well, I just took a short break so I gotta get back to work - hi :wave: to Terri, Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl (still happy being 50? :lol: ), LeeAnn, and Cindy - I hope I'm not leaving anyone out, but if I did, 20 lashes with a wet noodle for me! Love you all,

Hugs,
Dianne

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a6d/weight.png

Jenny523 06-03-2005 07:13 PM

Dianne,
Walk your zipcode??? Yikes, that's my whole town, just one zip code! :lol: I know how different it is in large cities, tho. Good for you! Have fun, and let us know how it goes.

Es,
Your director is an inconsiderate @#$% but I'm sure you already know that. I don't know if you said...is it your right hand or left? Please don't be a hero and go back to work too soon!

Terri,
Hope you're enjoying your "day off" I know how much the kids depend on you. One of my friends in my office has 4 kids, and she said yesterday,"oh god, summer has begun!" after receiving calls from her kids. :lol: THAT I do not miss!!!

Sandy,
How does your garden grow? Are you familiar with cleomes? I love them, but can never find them here as bedding annuals. We finally did this year,and I can't wait to see them blossom! We were lucky for 6 years, they reseeded themselves, finally stopping last year.

Have had a good week so far. Didn't get in as much water as I had hoped, so I'm kicking it up over this weekend.

Hi :wave: to Zoe, Ruth, LJ, Leeann....if I've missed anyone, get out that noodle that Dianne mentioned!
Have a great Friday night. I'm going to veg on the couch and get some cross stitch done, it's a cool cloudy, rainy day.

~Jen

Rios426 06-04-2005 07:19 AM

Check out SPLAT THE CO-WORKER on the side. I'm imagining that's my exec. director. :lol:

Jen, everyone at work thinks the big boss is a jerk. I usually ignore him but this time it was too close to home!(BANG ZOOM):crazy: I'm getting surgery on my right hand. A friend of mine made me laugh so hard my tears were coming out. She dislocated her right elbow some years back so she was telling me what's going to be the most difficult. With this serious look she said the worst is trying to wipe & that I should start practicing. :lol: :rofl: I almost fell off my chair. How's that knee?

Amiga, WALKING YOUR ZIP CODE! Whatever that it is sounds like you'll be burning a lot of calories. I hope you have a comfortable pair of sneakers.:goodluck: :cp: 20 lashes with wet noodles. :lol: :lol:

Terri, this surgery better be successful. I read I'm going to be in quite a bit of pain the first 3 days. I'll be loopy those days. :dizzy: Pete took off that week. Thanks for your prayers. Hi Britts:wave:

Sandy, no need for an apology. I even thought it was carpal tunnel at first. I can't wait to have it done. It's painful & annoying. Gardening burns calories. ;)

Hi to the rest of the gang!

Luv u's,
Es

Sandancy 06-04-2005 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,:wave:

A quick fly by to show you a picture from Greg's prom last night. :D

I am going to spend the day with my Mom today.

Hugs to all,
Sandy

Jenny523 06-04-2005 11:35 AM

Sandy,
Greg is very good looking. That's a cute photo :)
Enjoy your day with Mom.

~Jen

Rios426 06-05-2005 06:55 AM

Hi:wave:

Sandy, your son is a handsome young man.The girl looks so happy. Ahhh the good old days. Hope you enjoyed your day with your Mom. Are you still doing Core?

Jen, how's the weather? Is it hot enough for the pool?

I didn't exercise at all last week. This week I plan to get back to Curves at least 3X's. I have to talk to them about putting 1 month on hold whilel I recover.

I was reading the Core plan & it doesn't seem so bad because you have your 35 flex points. I like not having to journal.

I don't have any plans today. Just food shopping. It's supposed to be hot & humid.(hate it)

Have a nice day. :grouphug:

Es

points 06-06-2005 04:14 PM

Sandy,
How handsome. That is a great picture.

Jen,
Band camp is the next 2 weeks and then Boy scout camp. It will be pretty calm for the next 3 weeks.
I hope you enjoyed your day.

Es,
That is great Pete will be home to help. Hope it doesn't hurt too bad.
Great pain pills.

Gotta go get the camper.
TTYL,
Terri

Zoe 06-06-2005 04:39 PM

Hey gang.....it's me, the one who has fallen so HARD off the wagon that I just cannot get back up. Ever since my birthday (gosh, that was more than a week ago!!!), I've had some sort of 'eating' function almost every day. I just thought I was getting on track today (being home is a little easier for me) then I find that I have a fund raiser dinner tomorrow night at this GREAT Mexican restaurant......that means poor eating, that means a margarita and that means I'll miss curves after work. All in my control, I know but......well, you know. :(

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi.....oh, I almost forgot......I'm going to be a first time grandmother!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daugher Jenna is pregnant with our first grandchild. She got engaged a few months ago and now a baby. I told her that I thought we were supposed to get married first but she just says "ma, it's the 2000's". I can't figure it out (it was planned!!) but hey, what can I say.....I'm still so excited.

Have a great evening you's guys.........

points 06-06-2005 06:29 PM

CONGRATS ZOE!!!!!! A grandbaby. How exciting! Keep us posted.

Terri

Jenny523 06-07-2005 06:33 AM

See you on #173!!!