At work/school 7 29.17%
Other (explain) 7 29.17%
nowhere I'm single 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 12:27 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Talking

Well, we just had our big 2-4 day, or Victoria Day or Dollard Day it all depends where in Canada.

I am so lacking work hours right now which means I have been fairly bored, I am the type who has to keep on the go. During the summer since the mall I work at is right downtown the crowds increases oodles but for now, work is slow, Thursday it was absolutely dead in the mall. I still don't have my own internet access. I am also getting broke, which means i may have to search for a second job at least for the mean time.

I had an interesting weekend to say the least Let's just say my ego keeps getting boosted more and more. I am also turning into a flirtatious monster, I am so bad, but anyways, this is kind of a novelty for me, I was the complete anti-flirt for years and years.

So have a good week I'll try to be back again soon, hopefully I can get access soon on my own computer.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 05-22-2001, 03:04 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down

Good morning ladies! Look at the time - I am here before breakfast, how scary is that? So much to do, I am starting early. I have to go to London again at lunchtime and before that I have to WI, so ... here I am.

Voted 'at work' on the poll, and yesterday I was one of the fake tanners. It's the best! I found this Piz Buin spray tan that is so easy to put on, dries quickly, doesn't streak (unless I'm crap and forget to blend my wrists ... that was a sexy look ...) and smells nice. I def think sprays are better than creams because they go on easier. I hate sunbathing but I love to be brown, so it's the ultimate answer for me.

Slinko - 1471 is the phone number you dial to find out which was the last number to call you (even if they didn't leave a message...) - it was all set up to deter obscene callers. And Readybrek! Readybrek! Blast from the past! It's a 'hot oat cereal' aimed at children, so like porridge but with a really, really thin consistency. It used to come in all sorts of flavours - chocolate, syrup, banana I think. It's actually one of the healthier options. The slogan is 'get up and glow' and for years I was convinced that if only my mum would get me readybrek I could glow like the kids in the adverts ... ooh, now I have readybrek cravings ...

Girlie - like Janet, I lose an average of about 1lb/week, I don't follow the program religiously either. I need to be able to live! It works, though. Looking at my card, the first few weeks I lost 2.5, 1.5, 1, 7.5 then put on 6.5. then lost 7, then gained 1 ... I tend now to lose a couple of weeks, gain/maintain 1, then lose again. Now I'm used to it it's not so bad, and I tend to look at it by month rather than by week. I def notice the difference in my eating habits, so many things have become natural that weren't before. Occasionally I break out though - Heather, I sympathise re: the pizza (and the teaching, I have my first lecture course next term ... scary prospect).

Emily - how's the eating? I'm glad you found a health food shop. I looked all over Madrid at Easter before I found one right in the next street! I followed a strict exclusion plan for the whole of February (wheat/dairy) and it was incredible how quickly I felt so much better. We don't have a huge variety of soya stuff here, there's 1 'ice cream' range called Swedish Glace, and a couple of lines of yogurt/cream/milk - I like Provamel. I get the kiddy version because it has extra calcium! There are some interesting desserts as well, that taste like milk puddings. Re: bread, I tried rice bread, rye bread, all sorts, but they were expensive. Rice cakes are ace (3 for 1pt). There's a range we have over here called 'The Stamp Collection' which is completely wheat free, they have pasta and all sorts.

Anyway, this has been long and I need BREAKFAST so HUGS to everyone,
see you all soon!

love
Lolly
xxx

Last edited by Lollybird; 05-22-2001 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2001, 06:56 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default morning!

hello ali, lolly and everyone else about to post!
it's still lovely and sunny in london. last night i epilated one leg so tonight i'll do the other and then i can wear skirts!! (epilating is v effective but takes ages and i got bored!).
i met BF at work. we were both interns, he started a month or so after i did. we kept quiet about our relationship till we both got permanent contracts. i don't think it would have made any difference, but i also didn't want everyone interfering in the relationship till it had grown strong enough to stand office gossip!
ali - flirting is good for the soul! lolly - working before brekkie?! wow. i actually have a box of ready brek in my drawer at work!! yummm.
survivor just started on british tv last night. i reckon you guys must have had better contestants. from the bit i watched everyone just whined and complained at what others were doing but didn't bother to do things themselves. big brother 2 starts on friday and i'm going to be watching that instead. it was a huge hit in the uk last year.
so, do you guys like anne robinson then? (she presents the weakest link).

hokey. good luck with work and food! well done on any losses, GOOD LUCK WITH WI! i have to go work, bit of a mad day here today.

laters,
kirsty
Old 05-22-2001, 06:57 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default hey lolly!

lolly,
if you have free time in london this afternoon do pop by the office....be good to see you.
kirsty
Old 05-22-2001, 09:24 AM   #5  

Lolly, Good luck with WI!
Ali-Good for you-flirting is fun...I had just gotten back into it when I met DF-we were in the same running club/social club...it was a very effective way of meeting people...the funny part is, we met several times over several months before we 'noticed' each other...and also, I was actually after someone else the night he asked me out!...anyhow...
Kirsty-I had and Epilady but couldn't take the pain!!! ouch!!! wish I could afford to have laser to my legs!
More later-lori
Old 05-22-2001, 09:52 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies!!!

Lori ~ I will agree with you, love to have laser on my legs, can't imagine never shaving them again, what would I do with all my extra time!!

Kirsty ~ That is nice that you met your BF at work, I think that is how many couples meet. I just watched The Weakest Link last night, loved the shows concept, but could do without Anne Robinson. A little nasty for me....

Lolly ~ You sound busy again today! Go eat some breakfast, and come back to visit us!

Ali ~ I love flirting! I have found that with age, I flirt more, I think I have just become more bold with age, I actually wish I would have fllirted more in high school/college, I think guys really like it!! Oh, if I had only known then, what I know now!!!!!

Well, it is a brisk 50 degrees here today, and we will be getting more rain this afternoon. So, it doesn't look like outside exercise will be an option! On the eating/points front for me, I am regrouping, and getting a hold on this weight I need to lose before it turns into 20 pounds. I had yogurt for breakfast, and I am having a WW meal for lunch, supper will probably be shrimp stir fry, so the day is going well. Something else I realized is that, if I totally plan what I am going to eat for the day, I do so much better at sticking to my points. After slipping for the last few months, I have totally realized that this is a lifetime battle I will always have to deal with!!

I went shopping again last night, I have bought tons of summer casual and work clothes. I just bought my first pair of capri pants, I think I really like them!!

I am single mom again this week. My DH is off on a hunting trip to South Dakota until this weekend, so the kids and I are doing some projects around the house (like cleaning the garage), it will be nice to have them done. I also need to clean my windows in the house, inside and out. That is a spring job I just hate, but needs to be done!!!

Well, work calls....gotta jet!
Old 05-22-2001, 10:05 AM   #7  

Hello Everyone I've been having a sort of blah week... not sure why. I tried shopping but even that didn't really lift my spirits. I'm hoping it'll get better tho as it gets closer to the weekend. Foodwise I actually haven't been doing too badly and I'm soooo close to getting under 200...I really want to finally break that mark. I've been hovering just above it for so long now it's very frustrating! Anyways... just wanted to say hi to you all. I hope you all have a great Tuesday
Old 05-22-2001, 10:09 AM   #8  
Proud Mama

Default Mornin' Gals!

Oh crud.. I was just typing a long message and I hit something, who knows what, and I lost everything and wound up voting again in the poll... who knows what I voted for the second time around?!

I met DH in school. We met freshman year of college in Chemistry class, and it was chemistry... Of course, I was so busy flirting that I flunked the class and now I'm an accountant! LOL

Tonya~ Good to catch yourself before things get too out of hand. I also do better when I plan things out in advance. How old are your kids?

Kirsty~ I think Survivor was a bigger hit than Big Brother in the US. There was too much commentary from the hostess and gibberish from the "experts" so I found it rather boring. In the UK version do they spend so much time on the commentary?

Ali~ Have fun flirting! It's been a looooong time for me. I think I've forgotten how!

Well, although I don't intend to officially weigh in until June 1st I snuck a quick peek at the scale this morning and it does seem to be moving in the general downward direction. I can't helf but feel a bit discouraged though. I'm having a hard time focusing on the small accomplishments in the present rather than focusing on the big and daunting road ahead....

Well, my workload didn't magically disappear overnight (Darn!) so I'd better fly.

Till later.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:29 AM   #9  

Default Good morning friends!

Hello everyone. I am in a rather good modd for no reason. I am working from home today. I decided not to go the the gym first thing but to stay in bed. I got up before 7:30 and started working in my pajamas. I have been working since and am now on the internet. I have gotten lots done and am pleased. This afternoon I have to read what I have written, boring. I will take a break at some point to go to the gym

Oh, DH and I met in college. We were in the same service fraternity. We watched Pretty Woman after a dance (we not on a date) and then we started hanging out. He says we held hands during the movie, which I don't remember and he brought me a rose the next day. Now he we are, 6 1/2 years later

Tonya - I think you are getting back into control and doing a great job on not letting yourself get too far. I am sure you will start losing again shorthly. eitherway, you are doing a great job maintaining

Lolly - How was WI? How far do you live from London?

Kirsty - I was always afraid of the pain from epilady so I still shave. I don't mind too much and I don't do it all that often. Since I am married and wear pants when I want to, I don't worry about it

Janet - Keep up the good work and you will keep losing.

shaylene - I totally understand your frustrating with breaking through to a new weight decade. I can't seem to get anywhere either. Chin up, we'll make it eventually.

Ali - Way to go on flirting. DH says that I have forgotten how. Have fun and meet lots of people. Good luck finding more work hours!

I feel guilty and should probably get back to work. See you all in a bit.

Sarah
194.4/160.8/153
Old 05-22-2001, 10:31 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Ah, the long weekend is over :(

Sad, really, but I had a great weekend!!

Friday, went to the pub and had a few drinks with b/f and some co-workers, til about 9pm, then zonked out. Saturday, we got up early, headed to BC - ended up in this remote part of teh mountains with an outhouse and 50 drunk/baked 30 year olds....yikes. My sister and her hubby excluded. WEll, my sister was halarious, she HATES the great outdoors, and ended up crying. B/f is happy he got me and not her....hee hee....we had fun though, and it was beautiful. V. cold though. It hailed. Sunday we headed outta there in search of another site, drove around the back roads, had a cool adventure. Found no open site, so headed ot Banff to eat dinner with b/f's sister and then home. Went back to banff yesterday to climb a mountain.....2.5 hours...thank god we could take the gondola lift down for free!! It was steep!! We were hurting today!

I figure that hike was about 10 points.

And now back to work. Have to read and catch up onyesterday's ongoings!!

I better mosey...good poll by the way. I met at work as well......

AH too much work! I'll read the posts and post later....have a good morning (aft for the UKers)

Belle
Old 05-22-2001, 11:42 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Belle: I love Banff, I know it's a tourist trap but it is so beautifu anyway. How far is the BC border from Calgary anyway? When I was in Calgary I was tempted to drive there just to say I've been to BC. Anyhoo, hope all is well.

Sarah: ah working in one's pajamas, sounds like a lot of fun. I am trying to get some internet access, I have to see if my apartment building can support the wiring for a cable modem.

Janet: I hated Chemistry as well, but that's cool where you met him, BTW I loved your pic, good luck at starting WW

Shalyne: Just hold the empowering belief that you will get under 200 and you'll be there soon. Visualize it and plan it, it's a wonderful feeling and I am sure you'll get there pretty soon! Just remember that you can do it

Tonya: I know what you mean, looking back at high school and stuff I regret how much I let certain things get to me. It's weird, I have turned into a trendy flirty young lady, the type I used to despise.... I can't believe it. but hey, in general I like it a lot now

Lori: It's weird how things can turn out though, but yeah I have heard that happening many times. A friend of mine was apart of the Christian Fellowship at my college and this girl I knew also was, they kind of hung around each other for 2 years without really noticing each other other than knowing their names and such and then one weekend they totally connected. In just over a year they were married and they're inching towards their fourth anniversary now (and they're my age!!). They're still so cute together

Kirsty: My brother told me how wonderful your weather has been which is great! He's sick though I should try and visit Britain in the Spring sometime, I heard your May's are usually wonderful. Maybe next year actually, it'll be my grandmother's 89th Birthday.

Lolly: That's good about the way you're following the program. In many ways, though I loved how fast I lost weight, I think I was a little too strict at times, now I am learning that it's okay to have some dessert once a week and stuff and I can treat myself a little more. I didn't completely deny myself or anything while losing, but I was rarely treating myself.

Oh here's something I have learned this weekend, when you're craving chocolate have pure chocolate, I am usually okay fixing it with chocolate pudding or with chocolate chip muffins, but this weeked that didn't satisfy me. I am going to buy one of those mini boxes of Godiva and freeze them and when I have a chocolate craving to pop one. Because I ended up with about 46 points on Saturday and I didn't even fulfill my craving, dumb eh!

Take Care!

Ali (Foul Temptress <my best guy friend gave me that nick years ago>)
Old 05-22-2001, 11:47 AM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Ugh.

It's that kind of day. My editor butchered my story yesterday, and I have to do a major rewrite (he never does this. I don't know what got in him), I had to go to a stabbing this morning and get a lovely view of blood in a seedy hotel room, and I'm convinced I won't get all my work done by Thursday afternoon! Ah! Course, I probably shouldn't be procrastinating on here, but hey! I had to say hi. On top of everything, my b/f decided to go to Richmond today to play golf with hid dad, and I don't know how late he'll get home. Considering this is only one of two days off he has this week, I had hoped to see him! This weekend we were planning to go to Connecticut and he found out yesterday he can't go. I have to go. It's my dearest friend's college graduation, and I want to visit my grandmother. But it'll be a lonely drive now.

Sorry for all the complaining. I'm just in that kind of mood.

Oh, b/f and I met at work, at my last newspaper. I was a reporter, he was a copy editor. I asked him out ... and it went from there.

Did I mention I ate like a piggy yesterday, too? Steak and cheese sub for lunch, Chinese food for dinner. I felt so full at the end of the day I thought I'd burst. I'm thinking about only having water today.

Well, I better go. Hi to everyone. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood later.
Old 05-22-2001, 11:47 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Foul Temptress.....very interesting Ali!!

Hee hee hee....

The BC border is only about 2 hours away. Just go to Lake louise and a bit further. Its not too bad. I like Banff too - but I get sick of being run over by obnoxious tourists!!!

KO - how is the xenical doing?? Love the "squirt" nicname....poor thing!!

Well, must run....really putting off work today!!

Hello to Brenda, Kim, Lolly, Kirsty (still running!! PHEW), emily, Janet (miss Jackson if youre nasty), slinko, Tonya, Sarah, Angie, Kitty, Shalyne, Lori, Lisa, Lola (still out there?), Heather, Trish, Steph....okay, running out of steam there are so many of us!!

Belle
Old 05-22-2001, 12:10 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle..... You forgot me!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 12:24 PM   #15  
Parrothead

Default Its Me!

Hi everyone! I just got back from the cruise so I thought I'd pop in and say Howdy! It was a great vacation, but now I have to be in the real world. Even though we ate the entire trip, I think I only gained 3#. I'll find out tomorrow. I loved the cruise, except that I am so tired today. I almost need another vacation to recover. We went to St. Maartin, St. Thomas, and Nassau Bahamas and had a blast. I wish we had more time on the islands, they were so beautiful. I even got to snorkel for the first time! I still feel dizzy and shakey trying to get used to land. It seems like its been really busy around here. Hopefull ya'll will fill me in as I try to catch up. Hello to all of the new 20 somethings! I've been here a couple of months and the support is amazing. I am almost at goal (well, probably not now that I went on a cruise and wasn't OP at all ) and I want to be there soon.

I've got a ton of work to do so I'll check in later!

Hello to everyone!

Kay
Closed Thread