Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #46  

Post New here.

Hi everyone! I am new on this forum/thread. I have been on another one here on 3fatchicks called New Creations (we change the number every week so the threads aren't so long.) This is week 8.
Anyway, I thought I would see what the other ones were like. I am 44 (45 this year) so i thought I would see how you all are.
A little about myself: Mother of 2 (25 and 23) grandmother of 3 (8,5 and 3). Live in Colorado (love it here) divorced for over a year! Yippee! Have two dogs and two cats and a sweetheart named Larry . I work as a supervisor in the housekeeping department of a hotel. I have lots of hobbies, jigsaw puzzles, cross-stitch, sewing, ceramics and scrapbooking just to name the major ones. I also like to read and garden (roses are my favorite).
I started Weight Watchers over a year ago...didn't stick with it. Lost 10 lbs that time but gained it plus. In November I went back and have lost 13.4 lbs so far. I love WW and will continue even after making goal because for me it has to be a life style change! I love to eat but have a tendency to over do the things I like even when I am not hungry...so I need to monitor myself. Oh well, we all have faults, right?
So that is me. I am looking to make new friends and encourage others. Get ideas and give ideas.
Thanks for listening!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #47  

Es,
Yes, I got the bed. I put it on the chair where he usually sleeps and I had to put him in it and he stayed for 2 min. That is it. When I put him in the bathroom at bedtime he still likes the sink. LOL I have the bed in there so we will see. He is is so feisty.

Jen, Sandy and Dianne,
Geat losses. "WEIGH" to go!

Sandy,
You are a great daughter. That is hard work. I can imagine how your mom feels about leaving her house but it is for the best. You will definitely feel better.
I hope it all works out.
Don't feel guilty about the yummy desserts. That is life. This will be the case quite a few times in our lifetime. You are right, healthy food the rest of the week.

Jen,
Hope you had fun with the boys. I know you did.

Es,
I am so glad Chinese restaurants have ice cream now cause their other desserts suck. I always get a little ice cream after I eat.

Dianne,
I am glad you enjoyed the Jessa.
She sounds adorable.

We are all fine here. Rainy today and cold. I just ordered the book called "102 Minutes" about the Towers. I got it from Amazon.
I also got the "Three Lady Margarets".
Gotta fix dinner. TTYL,
Terri
Old 02-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #48  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Terri, I wish I had time to read. I feel like I'm always rushing & running around.
Bosco will surprise you one day & he'll be in the bed. So cute.

Welcome guerita Congrats on your loss. WW is the best. I tried every diet out there & always came back to WW. Are you doing Flex or Core? I'll tell you a little about myself tomorrow. I'm tired.

Till tomorrow my friends.

Hugs,
Es
Old 02-03-2005, 06:01 AM   #49  

Hi all

Just a quick drop in. We had a virus and hubby just got us back on line.
Son had surgery yesterday and I was bad food wise staying with him. He was supposed to eat nothing but ice cream. Of course that is just one of the lovely foods I don't need, but this was chocolate. Yum. Back to work today.

Es,

I am that busy all the time.

Sandancy, Terri, Diane, and everyone I may have forgotten
Have a great day.

Susan
Old 02-03-2005, 10:05 AM   #50  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Mornin' buddies:

Shawn - WELCOME!!! Do you work in the hotel where Coby Bryant had his little "problem"? to you for returning to ww and for your losses so far. I am a "paying" lifetime member of ww - lost my weight almost 10 years ago, kept it off for 4 years and then put it all back on. Started fresh on Jan. 2 of this year and have lost 8.6 lbs. so far.

Susan - Hope your son is doing well - did he have his tonsils removed? How old is he?

Terri - too cute about bosco How is Britts doing with her driving?
Is she still doing ww?

Hi Jen - I'm sure you enjoyed the boys. How is Iliana doing? I was thinking about her yesterday.

Amiga - did you get your hair done? Hope you pampered yourself.

Well, I didn't do so well last night. Willie and I had to go back into the old neighborhood to bring Alana's car to be fixed by a friend of ours. And in Howard Beach there are tons of wonderful Italian restaurants and Willie wanted to go to one of our favorites.

So, I said okay, I'll just have the grilled chicken salad and I actually ordered it..........but then a little hopped right onto my shoulder and said......"are you kidding?? Your favorite dish here is the chicken francese and you're gonna have grilled chicken???!!!" Well, needless to say, the won out and I changed my order. AND I ate the whole thing, cause by that time I was starving! Oh, well, I'll just count it as using all of my flex points for the week and keep on going You know my favorite saying - "life gets in the way sometimes"! I enjoyed it and now I'm past it - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Well, gotta get back to work. Hi to Sandy, Ruthie, Kim and all the MIA's. Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 02-03-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #51  

Dianne,
Hate that little . Sounds good though.
Brittany is doing well with her driving. The anxiety is lifting a little for me.
She is still doing WW. She gained a little at Christmas but she lost that little bit now.

Susan,
How is your son doing? Best wishes.

Es,
One day you will. Really! You will see. Quit shaking your head it will come!

I took Tanner for a 1 mile walk in 30 degrees. I bundled up and it was refreshing. He loved it. I think it makes him happy so he isn't as depressed about Bosco.

I think I will take a quick nap. Only slept 4-5 hours last night.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 02-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #52  

Hi
Taking Daisie for a walk tonight, quickly. I'm also tutoring a college friend in my spare?? time. She'll be here at 8. My son had a tooth exposed for braces. They had to slit his gum behind all his teeth, pull the gum up, stitch a flap and then stitch all the gum. The procedure had him under anesthesia for an hour. He was really fun when he got home. He doesn't remember all the good stuff he told me.
Got to go walk.

Susan
Old 02-03-2005, 11:43 PM   #53  

Talking Not the same hotel

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
No, Dianna, not the same hotel. Mine is in Englewood, CO. Actually The Inverness Hotel and Confrence Center. They also have plenty of other hotels if you want to check out the web site: [URL=www.destionationhotels.com]www.destionationhotels.com[/URL
Old 02-04-2005, 06:54 AM   #54  

Good Morning Buddies,

Just a quick hello before I go off to WW for my weekly weigh in.

Welcome Shawn, I think WW is the best. I have a long way to go and lots of bad habits to overcome, but I really believe that a healthy lifestyle for the long term is the way to frame it. Congrats on getting back on WW and your great losses so far.

Susan, I hope your son is feeling better today. That is a lot to go through just to get started with braces.

Dianne, I think that same is on my shoulder whenever I go to Boston's North End, there are so many great Italian restaurants there. But It is all about attitude. We make each choice (cheesecake in my case) enjoy it thoroughly, and move on.

Hugs to Jen, Es, Terri, and our mia's
Sandy
Old 02-04-2005, 08:47 AM   #55  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Life is a rollercoaster ride, with all its ups and downs. As long as we keep our health in mind and make good choices at most meals, we'll be on the right track. Glad you enjoyed the meal; what kind of dish is chicken francese?

Terri,
I'm not a dog person, but would love one for walking. I've wondered if the shelter in our town would be glad to have volunteers to walk their "guests" but then I would be faced with picking up the poop and realized that it's not for me! I'll bet Tanner is still king of the house; he and Bosco will form a great bond eventually.

Sandy,
Good luck at weigh-in!

Susan,
So sorry your son had to go throught that The braces will be worth it tho, in the long run.

Shawn,
Welcome! you're doing great on WW so far look forward to getting to know you.

Hi to everyone else :wave;

TGIF...it's been a rough week

~Jen
Old 02-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #56  

Smile Nice group!

I am very happy to have checked you all out! Everyone is so freindly here. Other groups I have tried just went on talking about other stuff and never acknowledged me at all. No "welcome" or "hey, Shawn". But you guys are awesome!
Anyway, I think that is making the rounds. I'm sure he has been on my shoulder plenty of times. Hard to resist him. But hey, there is always another day and the next meal to redeme ourselves! My weakness (one of maaany! ) is salty foods. You know, potato chips, pretzels, french fries....But I am doing so much better with my choices. I know that I can have them...and I do but in moderation and I try to make better choices. Like fruit or something. There are plenty of times though (like last night) that I didn't behave and took the entire bag of pretzels downstairs and ate who knows how many..... .
Anyway, it sounded very painful about someones son getting his teeth worked on...ouch!
I haven't remembered everyones name yet but I will read back through some of the posts.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #57  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Hey Shawn - we not only don't ignore our new members, we still try to get our old ones back You said you like salty stuff, chips, pretzels, etc. We'll I'm very much a "sweets" person, but I found these pretzels called Harvest Creations - they are braided pretzels with honey on them - they are 10 for 2 pts. and are delicious. Also, they're a good size and very crunchy, so I feel like I'm eating a lot of stuff. Another brand is Rold Gold (I think) and they are good too, but they are only 8 for 2 pts. and 2 pretzels can make a big difference when you're snacking.

Well, I'm glad to know that you all know that little on the shoulder guy! Like I said, I did it, I enjoyed it and its over, no guilt and no regrets. I just used my flex points (or weekly allowance as it is now called) and I'm gonna keep on truckin'!

Jen - Chicken francese is a battered chicken, cooked in lemon/wine sauce and butter its yummy!

Sandy, how was your wi?

Hi Es,Terri, Ruthie, Susan and all our MIA's.

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 02-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #58  

Hooray! I lost 2.4 lbs

Hi everyone, I am so motivated, a good loss really helps. I rewarded myself after the meeting with a new cookbook. The WW Turnaround cookbook can be used for core or flex. Lots of veggies in the recipes, thank goodness it is the kind of stuff my whole family will eat.

Jen, sorry to hear it was a rough week. Was it busy at work or just general winter stuff? Let us know, we are all here for you.

Shawn, I love crunchy snacks too. I have been getting the Snyders oat bran pretzels, 2pts for 18 sticks. Also the reduced fat Wheat Thins, but I don't know the pts. right now as we don't have any.

I have to get ready to go out, Mike and I have one of the subscription plays at a theater in Boston tonight.
I hope everyone has a great weekend, I will try to check in tomorrow during the day.

Sandy
Old 02-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #59  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

FRIDAY

What a week! Too much stress at work. We still don't know whose getting pink slips. The executive director is giving them out Tuesday.

Amiga, I had the honey braided pretzels. They are so good! Nice snack.
When we go out to eat on the weekend I always treat myself to ice cream & never feel quilty about it. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Shawn, we've known eachother for 6 years. We've become very close. We've been through happy times & sad but have always been here for eachother. I'm glad you like it here. We would never ignore you. Like Dianne, I love sweets. I'm a snacker. Explains why I only stayed on Core 2 days. Did you ever try the baked french fries? I make them all the time.

Jen, Spring is right around the corner. Spring motivates us to exercise.

I'll be back later girls.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 02-04-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #60  

Thumbs up Good to be included

Thanks.
I just raved about you on the other forum. New Creations #8 (this week anyway). Some forums are so closed. Ours is open too and we try to get our "old ones" back too. Most of the time it is illness or just busy lives that keep us off for a while.
Yes, pretzels are one of my favorites. My absolute favorite snack is Thank God it is low in calories and points!
For sweets I guess depends on what is around. My favorit candy bar is Snickers...I use to get the big ones and eat it all! YUMMY! But I do like healthy stuff too. Apples and oranges and carrots...sometimes... I eat those things just to put salt on them....that way I can say I am eatting healthy. But anyway, I love Weight Watchers. I have tried other plans but nothing gives me the satisfaction and choices of WW. I can lose the weight and I will keep it off!
So going to the theater! How fun! My sweetie and are are going to dinner and a movie next weekend (Valentines stuff). I know it sounds boring....but he works a lot (owns his own business) and he will be working lots this next week. But theater is fun too. What are you seeing?
I had better go.
Take care and I will check in later.
I think I will weigh in tomorrow. on your 2.4 lbs Sandy! I hope I do as well. Talk to you all later.
6 years! Wow! I haven't known the ladies on the other forum long but I am hoping to maintain all the friendships I have started. With you all as well.
Closed Thread