Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Terrific Tuesday!

Hi everyone! Just a short post from me right now. I am not going to meetings either. I would if there were a leader around here worth listening to, but there isn't. I have had horrible experiences with them here.

Well I weighed in this morning. This is what I get from peeking yesterday! Yesterday I was at 205.2 and this morning I went up .6? I was 205.8. I'll still take the loss (-2.6). I was bad last night, after being so good all week and I'm upset with myself about that, but no more time to post... be back later.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning all. GUESS WHAT. I'm down 6.6 pounds from last week!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I was miserable most of the time. I'm doing a combo South Beach Diet / Weight Watchers. And for the first two weeks, there are NO CARBS. Nothing. And I LOVE LOVE carbs. I even had dreams about carbs.

But for 6.6 pounds, WELL worth it. I now only have 13.4 pounds to lose for the wedding day in April and I feel like I can do it!!!

Lori.... hide the scale. You can have a +/- 4 pounds in a day range. Just weigh yourself once a week at the same time of the day. I weigh myself Tuesday mornings and then at WW meeting on Tuesdays. Or else, it'll literally drive you nuts!!!!!!

Lisa

Last edited by tilley; 01-11-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #3  

Congrats!! 6 lbs is a lot!! Way to go. My mom is doing the first week of the SBD and shes struggling. I will tell her about your weight loss and it might motivate her to keep going!

The scale is a crazy thing for me too..... in a matter of 2 days I went up 6 lbs and then down 3 and then down another 2.... I'm just weighing in once a week now.. and TRYING not to peek. Maybe we could make a weekly thread for weigh ins... cuz there seems to be a lot of us not going to meetings. My leader was great but I just cant afford it right now... Maybe I will get back there sometime but it seems like a cycle of restarting over and over.

Does anyone have a good recipe for a lentil soup? I browsed the recipe threads but didnt come across one where I had all the ingredients. Im looking for something with low points.

Thanks... have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone,

Woke up with a headache this morning and can't seem to shake it. Can't get myself motivated to do anything. I think I will opt out of the gym today and just take the dog for an extra walk. The fresh air will hopefully help.

I am a scale addict when I'm dieting/lifestyle changing. It is the only thing that keeps me OP. I have to weigh in every day (I know bad bad), but it keeps me accountable.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Howdy, Pardners!

Good afternoon!! It looks like we're going to be getting some more wonderful winter weather here in Nebraska. We had a TON of snow last week, and we're looking at ice this week. I wish it were spring...

I had an OK eating day yesterday, right up until bedtime. I was reading for a few minutes before bed and realized that I still had a few brownies left from Saturday's junk food binge. So, I got them, poured a great big glass of milk, and pigged out. I HATE when I do stuff like that. At least those evil things are out of the house now.

Despite being filled with regret from last night, today is proving to be a good day. I even brought my Y bag to work. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm going to go, but hopefully between now and 4, I can talk myself into it. It's only 1/2 hour on a treadmill...

I'm not going to meetings, either. I don't want to go back unless I can actually lose some weight. It gets a little bit embarassing going back, losing for the first two weeks, gaining, and then quitting. I've done that three times now.

Lori--I had a bad experience with my first WW leader. Ironically, that was the one that I lost the most weight under, but the meetings just SUCKED. I hate to pay to go to a meeting where I feel like they should be paying me to be there, ya know? I agree with Lisa--hide your scale. Weighing more than once a week is really, really misleading and puts you on a roller coaster with the normal fluctuations of your body. Put that wicked addictive contraption away.

Lisa--CONGRATS on your great big loss! I'm glad that SBD is working so well for you! Can you believe you're already 1/3 of the way to where you want to be for the wedding? That's AWESOME!!

Silverain--I think that doing a weekly weigh in thread is a great idea! I might have a recipe for lentil soup, I'll check tonight. I'll check the points on it, too.

Wenwella--Even with a headache, you're going to get some exercise. Good girl. I don't have anything ailing me, and I'm still trying to talk myself into working out. Hope the fresh air helps!

OK, ladies, I gotta get some work done. See ya!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess!! Thanks girl. Hey .... here's a little Y motivation... GO TO THE Y!!!! Just think warm weather and bathing suits... now get your bum to the Y! And boy does brownies and milk sound good!!!!!

Samira - I'm in for a weekly weigh in thread.

Wenwella... have a great walk. I'm guess it's cold up there, so I'm impressed your venturing outside!!!

Lisa
Closed Thread