View Poll Results: What is your favorite thing to shop for?
Shoes 2 10.53%
Make-up 0 0%
Hair Accessories etc. 0 0%
Groceries (hmmm...'good' food or 'bad' food? 2 10.53%
Jeans, pants, trousers etc. 0 0%
Shirts, jackets, blouses, tops etc. 3 15.79%
Purses 1 5.26%
Home Decor -- Inside and Out 6 31.58%
Gifts 0 0%
Other - please share! 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 09:36 AM   #16  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default how fun is the fun size of candy?

just a quickie b/c i just had a potty break
i found a funsized twix bar in the basket of my scooter how much fun or points do you think that was b/c lemme tell ya i didnt have much fun eating it
also
I love LB track pants!!! the black witht he grey and white stripe down the side theres also a matching skirt
they make my arse look small woowooo
lol
Old 05-08-2001, 09:47 AM   #17  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Down 2.5!!! THat's the 1lb gain from last week plus 1.5 more!!! I asked my leader if this meant I could trough half a jar of peanut butter every weekend and she said no. BOO. BTW BRenda, PB & honey is one of my faves. Also with jam (jelly) - when my friend's Mom came to visit from the US she brought me a giant jar of Goober jelly! That was SO cool. What an introduction to american food! Have you ever had PB in celery sticks? It's yummy, but better still - I reckon celery is negative calories so really it makes the PB healthy. What does everyone else think?

Hello again everyone. Kirsty! Welcome back! Might be in London next Tuesday and looking for entertainment between 5 and 6.30, if you're about - I should know by the end of the week.

Kierie - good luck on the finals. When do you finish? And when do you leave for IReland? I bet you're counting the days ... oh, and a funsized twix is ... not in my WW book. Sorry. Maybe that means it's point free???!

Just spent 2 hours shopping ... have a wedding on Saturday and no clothes - really, no clothes! I chucked all the big stuff out and haven't got round to getting new smart stuff yet. So unless I want to be wearing jeans on Saturday I have to invest. Tried on lots, didn't buy yet. But I wear an 18 (US 14, according to the labels) in every shop - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs everyone,

Lolly (the soon-to-be-fashion-junkie!)
xxx
Old 05-08-2001, 09:51 AM   #18  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

lolly you skinnny!
i leave in september still doing the exam now moved on to twizzlers
as for pb and celery its great add some raisins to the pb and u ahve bumps on a log a skiing fave!
back to hel err work lol
Old 05-08-2001, 09:55 AM   #19  
Scotland's finest export

hooray on the loss lolly!
ooh, tuesday night is our work cocktails night! usually i finish work at 6pm, but could sneak off early....to the cocktail bar! just turn up or give me a bell or whatever. you've got my work and mobile numbers, yeah?
Old 05-08-2001, 10:11 AM   #20  

LOLLY!!! Hooray!!! You thin one you!Lori
Old 05-08-2001, 10:12 AM   #21  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

leaving in about 5 mintues (if miss emma will hurry up and wake up from her nap)

Lolly Congrats on the loss!!! YAY!

Angie
Old 05-08-2001, 10:31 AM   #22  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. I got up this morning for another quick dog walk.. yah me. Also took her for a walk after work last night. She did the weirdest thing... we were walking along and out of no where she turned about and jumped on me. Then back to walking. It was like she wanted some attention at that very moment!

Brenda.... Nestle is ADORABLE with those big floppy ears. I will post a pic of Sadie soon!!!! You are lovely too! For some reason I thought you had long hair! I love seeing these pics!!

LOLLY.... YAH FOR YOUR LOSS! You are almost to 199... I am JEALOUS!! I was there once, then a darling little girl named Emma came along

Keiri... GOOOOOD LUCK! And I think the mini twix are 2 points... I think!

Kirsty... I am also jealous of you... wish I could take a weekend jaunt to Paris!! So very jealous!!!

Well, Better get back to work... it's only 9:30... UGGGHHHH hurry up day!!! Hubby is going Mother's Day shopping for me and for my b-day... I turn 29 next week... ... I am not thrilled!!!

HEY WHERE IS TRISH?????????????????????
Old 05-08-2001, 11:11 AM   #23  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Postin' Fools!!

Holy cow! I can't even keep up!
Here is what I 'absorbed'...
Brenda: AWESOME! pic!! So pretty!! (Nestle, too)
Kirsty: welcome back!! Are you drinking wine at lunch? I guess the cultures are different! I'm def moving to England! v. cool!!
Lolly: YEe haww on the loss! You go girl! I hope I can do a loss, too!
KO: Good luck on finals...don't flip out on sugar!
Kay: Beautiful dress!!! Did the arm things make you itch?
Jen: I feel your pain re: working! I'm so ready to go home!
Boss is going on a smoke break soon, so I'll catch up with everyone else in a few...
Old 05-08-2001, 11:21 AM   #24  
Eve's Mom

Default HEELLLLLOOOO!!!!

You girls have been busy already!!

KO - you're in an exam?? DEAR GOD! Good luck!

Kirsty - wow, I can't wait to be able to run straight through! I need those walking minutes....oh well!

Bren - you AND puppy are both v. cute!! Nice pic!!

Lolly - Awesome loss!! Woo hoo!

Shay - hello. Goodbye.

Jen - 29, not so bad......next year we'll have to tease you though!!

Well, I walked to work today from HOME!! Not b/f's, which is closer - was 35 min brisk walk!! I loved it! Except I wore new shoes, so now have a blister, but I feel so alert!! I think I'll do this every day - saves cash, good exercise and saves mileage on my new Civic!!

Found 1pt bread that I really liked at the supermarket!! Woo hoo!!

I revised my goals...they are as follows:
2nd 10%, June 10: 199
Stampede: 192-195
Vacation in Aug: 185
Wedding in late Oct: 165-170 (about Goal!)

WEll, must run! Hello to Trish, Emily, Angie, Ali, Steph, Lisa, Lola, Lori, Slinko, Kim, Suzanne, Stacey, Julie, Tonya....etc etc!!!

Belle
Old 05-08-2001, 11:30 AM   #25  
Scotland's finest export

Default of course i'm not drinking at work! well, actally...

hee hee, actually, we've not started drinking yet, but i'm about to go and open the wine. it's 4:30pm here (but we don't finish work till 6pm...).
hope everyone is having a good day,
kirsty
Old 05-08-2001, 11:41 AM   #26  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default I HATE shopping

So I picked other. I realize that makes me very strange for a girl, but I've always hated shopping, even when I was thin. It bores me, and I hate malls with a passion. I consider it a great accomplishment when I can get through a Christmas season without buying anything at the mall. I do, however, like going into novelty stores and looking around for funky things. Oh, and I guess I like book stores and card stores. I like shopping for books ... I could spend all day in a book store browsing.

I love being able to buy stuff on the Internet, though! Yesterday I bought $90 worth of flowers for my mom, grandma and b/f's mom from 1800flowers.com for Mother's Day. I decided to splurge a little.

Kierie: You're probably through with your exam by now ... I hope you did OK! As a member of the media (I write for a newspaper), I agree that it can shape public perception, but I find that comes much more from TV media, and not as much as print. There's an intense rivalry between TV and print media ... I think print does much more of just presenting the facts and getting out of the way instead of pushing an idea in your face like TV does. Of course, when it comes down to it, any media outlet still shows what they find most important by what they chose to put on the front page or lead the 6 p.m. news with. Kirsty: Did you read the series The New York Times did on race relations last year? It was pretty interesting.

OK, off my soapbox now ...

Brenda: Cool pic! Nestle is adorable! I'll have to post a pic of my puppies.

Lolly: Yay on the loss! I'm hoping for one tomorrow!

Last night, the Pilates class I took was awesome! Very relaxing and all the tension was gone from my neck and shoulders. Some of it's back now, but I'm going to start going to that class every week!

OK, back to work. But here's a pic of my dogs! Stella is the red one, Toby is the husky mix.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:45 AM   #27  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Boo Hoo!!

I must get to work! v.bad! My boss is on her smoke break, but I now have a huge mountain of work to do!!
I brought the wedding invitations so I could address them at work! EEK!! They must go out in the mail next week!
Well, must get to work.
Hello to everyone I missed. Sorry!
Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-08-2001, 11:47 AM   #28  
Scotland's finest export

hey kim,
don't read the new york times i'm afraid, but i bet it was interesting. race relations is a bit of a hot topic in the uk at the moment, esp with an election next month. each party is trying to say the other guys are racist. quite amusing to watch them as they spin doctor stories...
why don't women rule the world? i'm sure we'd be better at it.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:58 AM   #29  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Women rule

I agree, Kirsty, it would be better if women ruled the world. Chocolate would be free! I wish a woman would actually run for president over here instead of just talking about it. I'm tired of these middle-aged white men who don't have a clue. Bush is going to run this country into the ground so be glad you're in the UK!

Hey, would anyone be interested in starting a photo thread so we can post our pics of each other?
Old 05-08-2001, 12:12 PM   #30  
Scotland's finest export

photo thread would be a great idea!
Closed Thread