Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 05:01 AM   #16  

Good morning everyone! Sorry about being awol the past couple days.
The weekend was busy and productive. I never did find what I was looking for in my stoage closet ("dear St. Anthony, please come down- something's lost and can't be found!") but I got rid of a lot of unneeded stuff, and found a few things I'd forgotten I had. I came across some pix of my exdh when he was a little boy, and in the ones where he is about 2 or 3 years old, our grandson is a dead ringer for him!! Amazing!
I did get to Trader Joe's- there is a new variety of Kashi cereal called "Go Lean Crunch"- it has a sweet coating and it's wunderful!! Makes a great snack just dry, too.
Liz, congrats on your amazing 6 pound loss!! I was enjoying the comments on accents and dialects. A friend of mine sent me an email called "Merlin" which pokes fun at the rather distinctive way of speaking in the Baltimore/Eastern Shore area of Maryland- it's full of slurred shortened words, not totally unlike a New Jersy or Philly accent. Here in Southern Maryland it's totally different- sort of Southern, but some of the speech patterns are totally unique! Having grown up in PA, I can spot a PA accent miles away! No matter how long we Pennsylvanians have been gone, certain words give us away! My dd still keeps in touch with a number of her highschool band friends- even after being out of school 14 years. They make a close bond, as I'm sure you'll see down the road with your ds.
Janet, I too enjoyed the story about your dad! What's the latest on the graduation hoopla? How was the tea?
Texaslady, I'm glad dd's house is cleared of the previous owner's stuff!! It sounds like you all made great progress over the weekend! I hope you were careful not to overdo- remember YOUR back, please!!! I'm "still vertical", as you asked. I have a followup doctor's appointment today- am a bit concerned that things aren't back to baseline even 3 months after the last injury, so I imagine he'll continue my restrictions. Some of these are pretty hard to do when you work full time, live alone and babysit for a 24 pound toddler on a regular basis!! Oh well- this too shall pass!
Patti, is your son enjoying his freedom now that high school is officially through for him?Boy, have tux rentals gone up!! Of course, so has everything else! Would love to meet you if we can all get together in New Orleans next year. I hope I can do it- money's tight, and that sounds like it could be a pretty sizable weekend expense. I'm sure gonna try, though!
JanI'm glad the weekend festivities went well! Your luncheon for your teachers sounds wonderful- which doesn't surprise me, having sampled your wonderful cuisine!! I think you are right about some people and low fat foods- they have the "more is better" theory, and lose sight of the fact that low fat foods can still have plenty of calories! How was the shark? Does it really taste like mahimahi (which I LOVE, by the way!). Give my best to your dh and dad, please- I think of them often, and how much fun we all had on our weekend with you folks.
Joyce, you are in my thoughts and prayers today!!!
Saara, where are you? Did you survive the May Day festivities?
Hooked, how are things with you?

Oh- I don't remember if I mentioned this- my dd joined WW again last week- her first weigh in will be today. Her husband is doing the program too. I'm really glad they did.
I know I was over my points yesterday. Just as I was about to fix my planned low point dinner, my exdh called and asked me if I'd drive him to the dealership to pick up the car he bought. It's about a half hour away, and it was about 5:30 when he called, so he bought me dinner as a thank you. What I had would have been okay if I'd planned for it earlier in the day- but such is life. As seldom as I get out to dinner, especially when someone else pays for it, I wasn't about to say no!!Today's another day.
I've got to run- work calls. I'm definitely not in the moos today!!! Oh well!! It's a short day due to my doctor's appointment, anyhow. Have a good op day, everyone!
Carol
Old 05-08-2001, 07:25 AM   #17  

Morning everyone!

Jan : i just have to say that lunch sounds dellish! Do you think you can overnight a care package to me?LOL!
And the shark sounds great, too. But I have never heard of grilling oysters. Do you place them right on the racks or do you steam them?

Carol: I am wih you about those free meals. I have two rules...never turn down a free meal and never turn down an offer of taking home leftovers. Can you tell I am not a good cook?

Patti: I also got a chuckle about "GRITS". I will remember it the next time I talk to one of our southern customers.

Ijust have to tell eveyone about my experience last night at a local hardware store. I was picking up a small lawn mower (my brother advised me that I get one so I can cut the areas where my riding mower can't get to)
Anyway, I went to the loading dock to pick it up and the 20 something gentleman asked me if I wanted a demonstration of how it worked. I politely said no, I was familiar with pulling the cord (and mind you this is a very simple one with no additional bells and whistles) Anyway, he then informed me that I might want to reconsider since it it more complicated than that. Again I politely refused, to which he replied,"do you have anyone at home who could help you when you can't figure it out?"
Holding my tongue, I again just thanked him politely, and then he made the comment "well at least remember to put gas and oil in before you start" Mind you my car, which also requires both, was sitting next to us, but I refrained from pointing out that I was familiar with the concept of adding gas and oil to a piece of equiptment.
Then he said, well good luck getting it out of the trunk. I just smiled, and drove away thinking of the girl that he will meet someday that will hopefully straighten him out. These youngsters!

Gotta run. Hi to everyone I didn't mention. Have a great day
Old 05-08-2001, 09:23 AM   #18  

Good Morning,

Well I almost didn't go to weigh in last night - I though I had probably gained - but I decided to go and face the music anyway. And I LOST 1.4 lbs!! Even with the fast food. I'm glad I decided to go because I would have been thinking all week that I had gained. It was a great surprise! My total is now 20.8 for 9 weeks. Next week at our meeting we are going to exchange recipes and someone is bringing a lowfat recipe for crawfish fettucine alfredo - yum. I'll pass on any good ones that I get. I also found out where to get Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches here - finally. Lots of people at this site rave about them, but I could never find them. I'm heading to Albertson's tonight to get some.

JanetMae - that chicken enchilada casserole sounds great. I love Mexican food. That is my favorite, then Chinese.

Carol - I pray to St. Anthony alot - I'm FOREVER losing things. They did a little segment on the news on how people in New Orleans (predominently Catholic) pray to the Saints for different things. Did you ever hear of single women praying to St. Anne (St. Anne, St. Anne send me a man)? I had never heard of THAT one!!!

Yes, my son is loving every minute of being out of school. Of course, he has changed his availability at the movie theater where he works, so he'll be working almost full time in the summer. But he really loves that job. We got all of the boys in his immediate group of friends little happy face anetnna balls with graduation caps for them to put on their cars - they love them!! And guess what - I don't have to buy a thing to wear for the mass and graduation!! I have a cream colored suit and a green dress that I haven't worn in forever but they are really cute and they fit me perfect!!!!! I am so excited, especially since I have money going in all directions already right now.

I know your DD and her hubby will do great on WW. I think it is the best program I've ever been on!

Liz - WOW 6 pounds!!! Great Loss!!! You must've been thrilled. You're doing wonderful.

Well, I've gotta run. Hi to everyone I didn't mention. Gotta work and then I have to go and pick up the rest of my DS's wallet photos to send out his announcements. I'll talk to y'all later.

Take Care,
Patti
Old 05-08-2001, 02:00 PM   #19  

Thanks to all for remembering me! I have been sicker than a dog! The high winds in Utah blew up some crap that stuck in my system for 10 days! I think it turned to a sinus infection, then to my throat & lungs. My ears are still ringing, but I feel better.

I only lost .6 lbs. on my last weigh in. Some how I feel bad about that, but at least it was a loss! (It just happens that it is the smallest loss I've had.)

Do most of you excercise on the WW program? If so, how many points to do shoot for? I think that is why I didn't lose as much last week because I only had 3 points.

I love to read all of your posts! I'll try to post more later!
STAMPS!
Old 05-08-2001, 05:44 PM   #20  

Hi everyone! How was your Tuesday? We had a beautiful spring day, with a nice low pollen count for once!
Liz, yup- never turning down a free meal over the years is probably why I was, proir to WW, more than 100 pounds overweight!! Hey- now that you're losing weight, maybe that 20 year old guy at the lawn mower store had the hots for you!!
Patti, congrats on your 1.4 pound lss and your terific 20.8 total loss!!! Other than St. Anthony, I only have a working knowledge of St. Christopher and St. Jude- but they come in handy! My dad was raised Catholic but my mom wasn't and I am not, but a few of the saints trickled down to me. How great that you'll be able to wear that dress to graduation- your hard work has paid off already!!
Stamps, I'm sorry you've been so sick- take it easy as you recuperate so you don't relapse!! Congrats on the .6 pound loss. I don't do much exercise due to medical restrictions- wish I could, because I think it would help me off my 97 pound loss plateau!
JOYceI'm thinking about you, girl!!

Speaking of losses, my dd had her weigh in today after being in WW 1 week- she lost 4.2 pounds! She was really happy, because she tried hard. She likes her WW leader too, so that should help.

My own day was less gratifying. I had my followup orthopedic appointment for my back, and it was less than encouraging. Without boring you all with details, let's just say I was not a happy camper. Tomorrow's my routine mammogram- hopefully that will be a little more cheering!

Hi to everyone. Talk to you all later.
Carol
Old 05-09-2001, 07:42 AM   #21  

Morning everyone!

Patti: I was laughing when I read your post about praying to the Saints. I think I will start chanting the St Anne one. I feel like I am ready to begin the dating scene again. (maybe the hint was that I check out every guy who passes for the presence of a wedding ring and a good butt)

Stamps: I hope you are feeling better. Take it easy and really take the time to get well. To answer your excercise question. When I first started the ww program I got in the habit of excercising first thing in the morning. I get out of bed, throw my excercise clothes on. I used to have a cup of coffee and then jump right into excercising. Now that I commute I do the same thing except I am drinking it while I drive. My company has a membrship at a y near my job so I go there workout, shower and go right to work. Even though I kind of took a year off the program (still went to meetings but had a difficult time staying op) I never stopped excercising. I credit this with the fact that I only gained back 25 lbs back and not the 75 I really deserved.

Carol: congrats to you dd on her weight loss. And take care of that back. I think I told everyone before that I have dropped foot now because I ignored my back injury.

Gotta run. Hi to everyone I missed. Have a great day
Old 05-09-2001, 05:20 PM   #22  

Good afternoon, ladies. Almost time to call it a day here at the office and, of course, there is a raging summer storm going on outside. I cannot tell you how I am looking forward to the drive home - NOT! It will take FOREVER!!!!!

Stamps - Hope you are feeling better by now. As for exercise, I am like CArol. Anytime I start to try to do something, my back gives out. I was so excited about my treadmill but found it didn't take long for the same old pain to return. So I don't do too much in the way of official excercise. But congrats on your loss this week. It may have been a small one, but a loss is a loss!

Liz - Am about the guy and the lawnmower. Gee, these guys need to realize that we ladies are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves! I am sure some sweet young 90's girl will take care of that someday!

Carol - Sorry your doctor didn't have better news for you concerning your back. What are his recommendations - besides the obvious, of course. I am thrilled for your dd and her loss this week! It's a great start for her!

JOYce - We are still thinking about you. Check in when you can. Hope everything is OK.

Patti - I know how pleased you are to be able to wear something that didn't fit just a short time ago! I have found that I have to lose about 13 pounds to drop a size - and you have done much better than that. Whooo-hooo! You will be amazed at how much self-confidence you gain through your weight loss. Congratulations.

Rebecca, Janet & Sara - Where are you guys these past few days? Let us hear from you. We miss your posts.

Well, guess I will close up shop now and hit the very long road home. Yuck. Will check in again tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2001, 06:42 PM   #23  

Texaslady, hope your drive wasn't as bad as you thought; the Katy Freeway in a storm can't be much fun, though. I've found the same re: sizes, about 13 pounds a size. (Isn't it fun getting to rediscover and wear those smaller sizes in the back of the closet?)

Carol, that's great about your dd's big loss! But I'm sorry to hear the doctor's verdict on the back was not good; hope it'll be better soon. Thanks for the info on the new Kashi; will look for that next time we're in the city. Re: the shark, it was great, a lot like mahi mahi but thinner filets. And thanks, will pass on your greetings to Dad and DH; they really enjoyed getting to meet you, Texaslady and Janet! Would love to do that again some day.

Liz, that's hilarious about checking out the guys ... and you're right, I think that's a sign, too. It's so great that your company has that Y membership, and so close to work too! I'm like you, mornings are the best time to fit in exercise. What a funny story about lawn mower boy! Guess he was disappointed that he didn't get to show off his vast expertise in his field, huh? I sometimes run across those types in my job, too, who can't get it through their heads that a woman can know as much (or more) about technology as they do. What's really hilarious is when they start spouting nonsense in a very authoritative tone, expecting to impress everyone in earshot. Re: the oysters, we put them in an open tin foil boat, and set that on the grill, so in a way they're steamed and smoked. My Dad could eat a gallon of them (though he'd rather have them fried!).

Patti, congrats on the 1.4 lost! That's great! The suit sounds lovely, and what a thrill it must have been to try it on and have it fit! Way to go ...

Stamps, so sorry you're not feeling good; take it easy, ok? Re: the exercise, I usually do 3 miles at a fast walk (with a few wind sprints) early each morning, on the highway. About 3-4 times a week, I also do free weights (just 10 pounds, though) in a short upper body routine my sister made up for me. (She's a physical therapist and is now starting a side business as a personal trainer.) I can't tell you how much of a difference just that little bit makes, just 45 minutes a day. I'm less stressed, my bp is terrific now, lower resting heart rate, and much more stamina. I'm sleeping better too. But I do know WW lifetime members who say they never exercise, and they have kept the weight off successfully. Congrats on your loss! Doesn't sound small to me, and any loss is a good loss! Take care of yourself, now, and get better!

Saara, hope your summer is off to a good start! How is that border seminar going?

Janet, hope all is well in Mississippi!

Guess I'd better get on home; stayed a bit late at work to catch up on stuff, since I spent most of today taking Dad to one of his doctors. (Good news, for a change, at least in that one area!) Went to WW last night, and lost the .8 weight I had gained the week before, so I'm still in a holding pattern. My doctor was pleased with what I'd lost since the previous visit, but I've got to revv this process up a bit or I'll be supporting ww the rest of my life!

Regards,
Jan
Old 05-10-2001, 04:54 AM   #24  

Good morning. I can't believe the week is almost over already!
Liz, who is St. Anne?? Good luck on reenetering the dating scene. I for one don't want any parts of it! I figure anyone my age who's datable probably has more emotional baggage than I want to deal with at this point in my life! Besides, even tho I'm separated for 6 years, most men wouldn't compare favorably with my exdh! I'd forgotten about your foot drop from your back. I "drag" one leg some again, and have some weakness in the "good" leg now too, I discovered at the doctor this week. Unfortunately, unless I win the lottery, I can't totally hold to all the restrictions he puts on me, since I live alone and support myself!
Texaslady, how was your commute in the summer storm? I know it had to be harrowing at best!! I hate to drive in heavy rain! Hope today's forecast is better! My doctor, who is very conservative but mentioned the dreaded "S" word as a real possibility, is going to try epidural steroid injections. It's done at the hospital by the anesthesiologist and I'll have 3 at weekly intervals. It's outpatient, but the rest of the day I have one, and possibly the following day, are shot as far as work goes, he said. He's hoping these will help the weakness and decreased reflexes in my legs. It might or might not help the back pain, but that's no big deal. I hope it works, because I can't have surgery- no leave to speak of, and I sure can't afford to be off without pay!! It's a worry.
Jan, the shark sounds good!! I'm glad your dad's doctor vsit went well. Congrats on the .8 weight loss!!!

Does anyone have any special plans for the Mother's Day weekend? My sil, exdh and little sweetie are taking my dd and me out to a mid day dinner at a nice restaurant about 1/2 hour from here. Should be fun- like Liz said, I "never turn down a free meal". Other than that' I'm planning on being a vegetable, if I can stand it! I don't do "Sit! Stay!" well at all!
Gotta run- I have a long work day today, so I need to kick it into gear! Have a great day, everyone.
Carol
Old 05-10-2001, 07:43 AM   #25  

Morning everyone!

Carol: I am keeping my fingers crossed about those shots. Mone of my friend's husband had them and he said that the results were amazing. He avoid surgery altogether. I hope your mother's day meal is great. Unfortunately I don't think my cats have anything planned for me.

Jan: thanks for the oyster instructions. I haven't started the grill yet, but plan to this weekend. I just love veggies on the grill. Do you do them also? Do you make the foil boats with them too or place them right on the rack?

TexasLady: Hope you made it home without too much trouble. But could you send a little of the rain our way? My plants could use them.

Patti: I was thinking of you this morning and our discussion about accents. One of the NYC radio stations was doing prank calls. They were calling people from the south and pretending they were Tony Soprano. They would use clips from the show and pretend that they were looking for someone. It was quite funny (I do hope they called those people back and gave them something free for bothering them) About half of them couldn't understand the New Jersey accent., but what really struck me was how polite everyone was. Around here they would have been hung up on a lot sooner than they were.

Gotta get my day started. Hi to everyone that I didn't mention
Old 05-10-2001, 09:30 AM   #26  

Hi All!!

How is everyone doing? OP I hope!!!

Hooked - I hope yu are feeling better. I suffer horribly from sinus infections and I know how they can knock me down!!

Liz - Yeah, I wish I had known about St. Anne too. I was divorced for 10 years before I met my husband and my son kept praying for me to find him a new Daddy. He was 3 when his Dad and I divorced and his Dad moved out of state. He used to say "Mom, Jesus must be picking a really good one" and I'd ask why he thought that and he'd say, "because he's taking a LONG time"!!! But it was well worth it - I got a winner this time.

You know I have to admit that I can personally attest to the old "Southern hospitality" idea. People down here are definetly friendly and willing to help when they can. I know New Orleans gets some bad publicity but I love it here and I'm proud to say I am from here.

Carol - That was great about your DD's weigh in, she must have been excited. Hope you get some relief from your back problems.

We are supposed to go to my MIL's for Mother's Day. Mother's Day just hasn't been the same for me since I lost my sweet Mom almost 7 years ago. We were more like sisters and she was only 57 when she died. I still think of her daily and whenever I am down - the first person that I long for is my Mom.

Tomorrow is my 5th wedding anniversary, but DH is working night shift so our dinner celebration will have to wait. I want to wait until after graduation because I want to go and spend a night at the Beau Rivage Casino/Hotel on the Gulf Coast and see River Dance. After graduation I'll be $1000 a month richer, with not having to pay 2 school notes and child support every month. Yay!!!!

Well, in case I don't get back before the weekend - Everyone have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!!!

Take Care,
Patti
Old 05-10-2001, 10:46 AM   #27  
50+ pound loser

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I have been gone for the last week, but I have been sicker than a dog. My spring cold for the year, hopefully! So I have been trying to fight this crud for the last week. It has been awful. But I think I am finally on the up side of it. But now my husband is fighting it too. It is almost gone for him, it just seems to linger for me. Oh well.

We did go fishing on the weekend, in rain no less. I mostly sat in the truck while my husband and his friend fished. Oh well, I got in a lot of reading.

Missed my meeting this week, since I was sick. And have been missing exercise for the same reason. Argh! Soon I will be back on track.

But I better go all. You all have a great week and I will talk to you later.

Rebecca
Old 05-10-2001, 02:52 PM   #28  

Hi everyone. Sorry that I haven't posted this week, but I have been lurking and have really enjoyed reading all the posts. Congratulations to everyone who has reported losses. I haven't reported mine (although I am losing) because I decided to weigh only once a month. I think this will work much better for me...that is if I can keep away from the scale. I was used to weighing everyday, so this has been quite an adjustment...but so far so good. I have been staying OP everyday, even through all of our various graduation activities, and I can tell I'm losing in my clothes and in how I feel. I'll report my monthly loss at the end of May.

Rebecca, I hope you and your DH feel better soon. This past week, I have felt like I was trying to catch a cold so I have been trying to go to bed early and drink lots of fluids, but I still don't feel great. Summer colds are the worst! I'm glad you got to go fishing even if you did have to spend most of your time in the truck. My neighbors fish in a lot of bass tournaments, and they have promised to take me fishing soon. I can't wait...I love to fish. It's one of the most relaxing things I can think of.

Patti, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Be sure to let us know if you go to see River Dance. We had houses on the coast when I was growing up, and I loved it down there and try to get back as often as I can. I haven't been to the Beau Rivage yet, but I have heard it is beautiful. We didn't get to see River Dance when it was in Jackson recently, but I did take DD to see Lord of the Dance last year. It was absolutely fantastic, and I have heard that River Dance is even better. It was funny because yesterday as I was reading your post about getting your son's announcements, I was sitting at my desk putting pictures into DD's graduation invitations. They should have already been in the mail, and most of them are, but I still have a few more to do. It's only a little more than two weeks until graduation. I thought about you the other night when my daughter was talking about the bands that she wants to see during Jubilee Jam (a local music festival). One of the first bands she mentioned was Cowboy Mouth. I may just have to tag along!

Liz, you were much nicer to that salesman than I would have been. The older I get, the harder I am finding it to bite my tongue. Since my divorce a few years ago, I have learned to do so much, including replacing a disposal, working on plumbing, vehicles and lawn equipment. I admit that they are things I would rather not have to worry about, but I had to learn out of necessity...and it has given me a huge feeling of accomplishment. I was very dependent when I got divorced...after going from my daddy to boyfriends to my husband. I had always had men taking care of me, but I am fiercely independent now and even if I remarry I hope that doesn't change. I like being able to take care of myself without depending on anyone to help, although sometimes I do long for the old days. I agree with some of the others though...I think he may have been flirting with you. I cracked up when I read about you being ready to date again. I think that is a definite sign when you start noticing wedding rings and butts! It took me awhile to be ready and it felt very strange after being with my ex-husband for so long, but after awhile it was fun.

Speaking of ex-husbands, I think I am going to have to take mine back to court. I hate it, but he isn't leaving me much choice. I have had DD's car (that I had to buy by myself) in the shop and he finally told me today that he wasn't going to help pay for the repairs (said DD should pay for it) and he also told me that he isn't going to help pay for college. He thinks his child support check should cover it. I won't bore y'all with the details, but it brought back very bad memories as I talked to my old lawyer today. She is going to petition the court for a date, but it will probably be sometime in November before we can go...tution is due in August. Sometimes it is hard for me to remember what it was that I loved about this person who I was with for 20 years.

That was hilarious about the NYC radio station and the prank calls. I would have loved to hear that. Not to say that people in other areas of the country aren't nice, but I have always thought that was one of the charms of the south...people are very polite. When I first started dating my old boyfriend who was originally from New York, I can remember him telling me that he couldn't get over how everybody here spoke to everybody else on the street. He would say "do you know them?" He said in New York people would wonder what you were up to or what you wanted from them. I was hooting at your poison ivy prevention tactics too. I loved how you put your "poison" clothes into the plastic bags everytime you went inside. That sounds exactly like what I would do. When I had it all over me, I would take a shower and then I would use lots of towels. I didn't want to dry parts of my body that were "poison ivy free" with a towel that had touched my poison ivy. For two weeks, it seemed all I did was put medicine on my "spots" and wash towels.

Stamps, I hope you are feeling better too. The "crud" has been making the rounds here and people are having a really hard time getting over it. To answer your exercise question, that is something that I haven't been doing lately. I used to go three or four times a week to water aerobics. I loved it. I could make it as intense or as easy as I wanted, and water aerobics raises your metabolism for a longer period of time afterwards than land aerobics. It is just so hard for me to get to the gym. My DD has been going to a park and walking almost everyday and I want to start doing that on a regular basis with her, but with her going to college I don't know how that would work. Actually, I have a treadmill right in my bedroom, but right now it is a clothes rack. I like it, but it's just not the same as being outside in the fresh air. Exercise is definitely something that I need to work on, and I could use the activity points.

I just got called to a meeting, but I will finish posting when I get back!

Janet (Kudzu)

Last edited by Kudzu; 05-10-2001 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2001, 05:34 PM   #29  

Carol, you are so much like my sister (in Florida) it's amazing; y'all just can't sit still and do nothing! Gee, that's one of my favorite nonactivities! I'm so sorry that you're having to take all these precautions, though; sure hope those new treatments work for you, and turn this around. Enjoy your Mother's Day luncheon! (I know you will, esp. with your little sweetie there.)

Liz, have fun cooking out this weekend! Re: the veggies, we use a little metal basket with holes in it, kind of a wok designed for the grill, for smaller veggies, and a flat version of the same for larger ones. It's easier to wash, and the veggies can't fall through. I think we bought them at WalMart or World Imports (Cost Plus).

Patti, I know just how you feel; I lost my Mom too young, 8 years ago, so this weekend isn't easy for me either. We were very close. I'm glad you're getting to be with your mil, though. And what great news about your anniversary celebration; sounds like lots of fun!

Rebecca, so sorry to hear you were ill, but glad you're getting the better of it now. Don't forget to drink lots of water; that'll help both the cold and program. Sorry you had to miss out on the fishing! Your husband and his friend must really love fishing, to go out in the rain; smart of you to stay dry inside the truck!

Janet, how wonderful that you're making such progress; I really admire you for staying OP through all those graduation activities! Sorry to hear about the troubles with ex-dh; sure hope he'll come to his senses sooner than next fall, and do his share to help your daughter. Of all times to flake out on her, just when she's starting college!

Re: this weekend, will probably just try to catch up on work; next week is incredible, with 4 project presentations, 2 banquets (uh oh), several deadlines, doctor's appt., and our faculty bbq. Whew. If I don't get a running start, I'll never make it through the week OP.

Everyone have a great Friday tomorrow! Hi to Saara, Stamps, and Texaslady ...
Regards,
Jan
Old 05-11-2001, 04:56 AM   #30  

Good morning ladies! TGIF!!
Liz, thanks for the encouraging words on the epidural steroid injections. Now if we can just get the insurance approval red tape speeded up so I can get on with it!! I'm sure your kitties will give their "mommy" great hugs for mother's day!!!!
Patti OK you guys- will you or Liz please tell me who St. Anne is? I hope you have a wonderful 5th anniversary! Your upcoming plans to see Riverdance sound wonderful! I too always have a feeling on sadness on Mother's Day, although my mother died 28 years ago when she was 63. I was only 26 at the time, and my dd not quite 4. She missed so many happy times. And I sure would hve liked her advice and shoulder for the most difficult times in my life.
Rebecca, I'm sorry you've been so ill!!! That nasty viral stuff has been going around here too. The doctor I work for has been sick as a dog with it too- she's had a fever for over 6 days. She keeps working, because as an allergist this is her busy season, but if it were one of us, she's have us home in bed. I hope both you and your dh feel better soon! Please be sure to get some rest!
Janet, congrats on the looser clothes and on staying op, and for losing the daily scale obsession that can roadblock all of us! Take care of that cold!!! I'm sorry your ex is being such a pain- I have this theory about him (actually, I've had it for some time based on a few things you've told me). I'll spare you, since I'm probably wrong, but I'm not surprised he's pulled this on you! I at your description of your treadmill being a clothes rack. For the time being my Torso Track has had to become an underbed dust catcher- not by choice!!! Wanna trade? I think I could walk a little on a treadmill, but I'm not sure enough to go buy one!
Jan, I'd really like to meet your sister one day! She's not the one who's a physical therapist, is she? I hope you have a relaxing, enjoyable weekend so you can rest up for your hectic week ahead!! WHEW!! I got tired just reading about it!! If you have the pretty wekend we are suposed to have, I'll bet your ranch will be a nice place to be!! I'm so sorry we didn't get a chance to see it on our visit.
Joyce, how are you doing? You are in my thoughts and praters for a speedy recovery.
Saara, where are you? How was the May Day celebration?
Hi to Stamps and Texaslady, and anyone I may have missed! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Carol
Closed Thread