Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 09:15 AM   #1  

Hi All! I started a new thread because I always end up on the 2nd page and the little thingy on the right is so tiny. Like my technological vocabulary?
Patti,
We will stick with you no matter what plan you are on. I did the CA diet for 3 weeks. It is a good booster but very hard to stick with. I often said "If I see another cow I will Throw Up." Sorry guys. Hey maybe I prevented someone from eating something they didn't want.
Congrats on the 7 lbs. though and now you will continue on with WW. You are doing well.
I love my torches. We have a hot tub on the patio and I pretend I am on an island somewhere when I am in there and the torches are on. Then the kids come out begging to get in and the moment is lost. So, I go out around 10:00 at night and escape. They really work too. The mosquitoes don't come around. Good luck!
We have a Lowes and Home Depot next to each other and My husband is in his Glory.

Joyce,
Thanks so much! I hope I can do it. Last August when my parents and sister and BIL came down we went out twice a day to a restaurant and I only gained 1.5 pounds. I remember being so happy. I could normally gain 5 or more in those circumstances. I will be fine. I will remember to journal. Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I love fish but I am always scared to go in and find one dead. I get so attached. They don't relieve my stress level like they are supposed to . I could sit and watch them for hours. I'll bet the ones you are find are beautiful. How fast do they reproduce? I think it is fascinating. Good luck!

Essie,
Congrats on staying op. You can do this. I am so proud of you.
Myra is very busy at work for the next couple of weeks. She said she will be back. Hi Myra!

Hi everyone!
Terri

Last edited by points; 05-02-2001 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:18 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls!

It's so good to hear the positive thoughts here.

Patti, you're going to succeed, remember that! I've got to agree with you, WW is the only plan I will use. I know many people swear by other plans, but to me they don't encompass real life. Let's face it, we all have birthdays, holidays and vacations to enjoy. We can still lead "normal" lives and stay OP. I am so glad you've stayed with this group. Have a very Happy Anniversary.......enjoy Cinco de Mayo!

Joyce, you're doing good! I have to remind myself that I didn't gain all this weight overnight, nor will I take it off overnight. Steady and sure wins the race, right? Keep up the good work, your doc will be happy also!

Terri, thanks for keeping us up to date w/Myra. I miss her posts. I'll bet you're looking forward to this weekend and your family's visit and the First Communion. Gee, it seems like so long ago that Joey made his.....they grow up toooo fast. Remember that Brittany is in my prayers, she'll be fine in no time.

I've resumed journalling again, don't even know why I let it stop. Essie, you are so right, girl! I know how successful I am in losing when I write down everything. It's a good habit that we've got to stick with.

We're having Cinco de Mayo this Saturday, with my niece and her "tribe" coming (she's got 4 daughters), along w/my daughter and her family. As usual, lots of kids running around! A very good friend of mine is Mexican, she taught me how to make killer enchiladas a few years ago. We're having those on Sat., along w/chicken fajitas on the grill, and queso fundido for an appetizer. Oh, and margaritas It is definitely not a low points dinner, but I plan on having only a few points for breakfast and lunch that day.

have a good day.....

~Jen
Old 05-02-2001, 05:07 PM   #3  

Jen, you are sooo funny! Your niece & her tribe. Sounds like alot of fun. You're going to have a great time.

Terri, I just realized there are posts on 52 I didn't read but I don't want to go back. I still don't see the little thingy Am I slow or what!!

Zoe, I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary. I got to go back & read what you wrote. Sorry I'm so out of it today

Going to go watch my soaps.

Have a nice evening
Old 05-02-2001, 10:47 PM   #4  

hi, my buddies:

Congrats to all you losers -- you guys are really doing great!! I went back to ww this past Sunday (my third time going back) and faced the music. I knew I had gained, but didn't know how much. When I got home I cried, had a little pity party and said ok, now its time to do something about it. Can't do anything about the past, just the present. So, I began journaling (which I hate) and so far this week I've been on program and have banked 8 pts., believe it or not.

Today at work we had service awards and I was one of the honorees - for 15 years of service to the university. Amazing, how time flies. When I joined the university, Justin was in kindergarten and Alana was 3 years old, now Justin is a sophomore in College and Alana is going to college in September, YIKES!! Anyway, there was a reception with food and cake, etc. and I all I had were some grapes and a chicken cabob (2 small chunks of chicken and red and green peppers) so, I felt good about staying on program and not running for that cake.

Like I said I can't do anything about yesterday, but today and tomorrow, I can try my best. Hopefully, I'll have a loss this week for the first time in a long time. If not, that's okay, it will show up next week or the next, I'm not going to worry.

Well, sorry for such a long post - I haven't talked to you all in a few days. I'm happy for all of you with your losses and good luck terri with your party this weekend, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hi to everyone and have a great Thursday!

Dianne
Old 05-03-2001, 05:03 AM   #5  

Happy Thursday

Weekend is almost here. My niece turns 7 next week & my SIL is celebrating her birthday this Saturday. No big deal when it comes to the cake. I feel so good about losing this week that I know I won't be tempted.

Dianne, it's great hearing from you. We all slip. The important thing is to get right back up. Look at me! I was just about to give up when I said to my self "If I give up it means I'm quitting" & I am not a quitter. I stuck to it & lost almost 5 lbs. I feel even lighter today Keep up with your journal & your water & you'll see how good you'll feel. Way to go with your choices at the reception. Hang tough

Have a great day everybody
Old 05-03-2001, 11:58 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Congratulations on your anniversary at work. And good job on the wise choices at the reception! Don't worry about how many times you've joined WW (I've already lost count of how many I've done). Good luck!

Essie,
Have fun at the birthday....funny how cake used to seem so important and good, doesn't it? Now I'm trying to focus on people and events rather than the food that comes with them. (Except for my previous post where I actually listed the menu for Cinco de Mayo......duhhh!). Anyhoo, we'll get through all this and come out happier and thinner!

Terri, Joyce, Myra, Anita. hope you're enjoying this beautiful day!

~Jen
Old 05-03-2001, 07:44 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Hi Y'all

Just wanted to say hi and that I'll be gone tomorrow through late Sunday afternoon. This is our anniversary weekend away.......I am not going to think about diet the entire weekend. And you know, when I don't think about it, I seem to do better....weird. Anyway, I will be thinking of you all and hope you all stay on your eating plans.

Talk to you all when I get back.

Love,
Patti <><
Old 05-03-2001, 09:55 PM   #8  

Hey Zoe/Patti -- Happy Anniversary - hope you and your hubby have a great time!

Thanks Jen & Essie for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me. I know what I have to do, I just have to do it. So far, so good. You know you always get motivated when you start over, the trick is to stay that way.

Hi Terri, Anita, Joyce, Myra -- (hope I'm not missing anyone). Have a great Friday -- I'm taking the day off tomorrow - I call it my mental health day, lol. A day just for me - I'll probably go to the park and walk by the water and then read a book. I just feel the need to do "nothing for nobody but me" tomorrow. Ever have one of those days?

Hope to talk to you all soon.

Dianne
Old 05-05-2001, 06:51 AM   #9  

Hello Ladies

How is everyone doing this weekend? Zoe must be having a good time. Way to go Zoe

Dianne, we all need a mental health day every now & then. Enjoy the R & R!

Jen, Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! We're having a parade here today. It's very cloudy. I hope it doesn't rain. I can't go I have too much to do. Manicure, food shopping then to Toys R Us for my niece's birthday tomorrow. I gotta tell you, I haven't exercised all week & I feel it

Have a great weekend Terri, Joyce & the rest of the crew

Love,
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 05-05-2001 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2001, 02:02 PM   #10  

Default New Baby Coming!

Hi guys

I thought I posted this, but it didn't come out (or else it will come out twice later! LOL).

Anyway, my (step) daughter's due date is today and she called this morning to tell us there's been a "bloody show", so it looks like our new granddaughter may enter our world this very day!

We're sticking close to home, waiting for a call and also, in case she needs us to help with the other 3 kids at home. I will let you know when the new papoose arrives! Say a quick prayer for a quick and healthy delivery, please. Thanks,

Dianne
Old 05-05-2001, 02:03 PM   #11  

P.S. Essie - its so funny that you happened to send me that e-mail about hope with a new baby on it! You must be psychic (not psycho! LOL)

Dianne
Old 05-05-2001, 08:44 PM   #12  

Hi everyone. Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We had our trip to Austin Wedensday to look at the fish. Then we went out to eat for our anniversary a day early. 15 years May 3rd. I actually chose food within my points range. Yea!

Diane - Hope everything goes well with the baby. I'll be thinking of you. Let us know as soon as possible how everyone is doing.

Zoe - Happy anniversary and have fun at Cinco de Mayo.

Have a great weekend everyone
Joyce
Old 05-06-2001, 12:20 PM   #13  

I haven't read the posts yet. Will tonight. I just wanted you to know that I haven't left. Communion and family here makes it hard. My dad fell this morning. He is bruised up pretty bad. He is ok. just sore. he fell last yr. and bruised his hip. It makes me nervous. I feel so bad for him. He is so frail. I'll catch up later.
Have a great Sunday!
Terri
Old 05-07-2001, 05:18 AM   #14  

Hi All

Lots to respond to but getting ready for work.

Terri, is Dad okay?

Joyce, Happy Belated Anniversary

Dianne. how exciting!!!! Let us know asap! I love newborns.

Be back later. Have a great day everybody!

Essie
Old 05-07-2001, 09:16 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone

Joyce, Happy Anniversary! It's good to hear you ate out and stayed within your points. That can be difficult to do.

Terri, how's your Dad? I'm sorry to hear about his fall, hope he's ok. Try not to worry too much, enjoy your family's visit.

Dianne, any baby news yet? Hope all is well.

Essie, how was the birthday? Our 5 de Mayo was great; everyone spent the night ...no drinking and driving here!

Anita, hope your anniversary weekend was fun.

I've got my final exam today, yikes! I'll be glad when that's out of the way!

Have a great Monday!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-07-2001 at 09:19 AM.
Closed Thread