Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 01:53 PM   #16  

Terri - thanks for the recipe.

Jen - I love to garden too. We spend a lot of time in our yard. We also grow a vegetable garden. Can't wait for the fresh veggies. We also grow blackberries, rasberries, plums, peaches, pecans & pears. We have apple trees planted too but they have not done well. I think our climate is too hot in the summer and too mild in the winter.

Well they DID NOT find the rattle snake. Now I'm going to be paranoid getting the gate. I told my husband I want to carry a how in truck with me.

Jen - It is a common problem here. We have killed several rattle snakes here. In fact when my Brother in Law helped yesterday he told Charles that they had killed two rattle snakes on Sunday. A large one and a baby. His family live just up the road from us on the same land. They are scared because they have a 4 yr old son who is very curious about everything.

I know they are here but got too comfortable thinking they would not come near my house. Guess not. We'll just have to be more careful. It is the FIRST time I've ever come that close to one. Hope it's a long time or never before I get that close again.

As far as my knee is concerned it is bruised and swollen but the thing that hurts the worst is I sprang my wrist when I fell and it hurts to bend or turn it. Fortunately it is my left hand. I told my husband I feel like someone beat me up.

Have a great weekend. Hello to everyone out there.

Joyce

Last edited by Joyce W; 04-28-2001 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2001, 11:08 PM   #17  

hi my buddies

Just came from a wedding - the groom was Irish and the bride was Spanish. The groom and his groomsmen wore kilts and there were bagpipers. Very cool. I thought it was a beautiful service. The grooms parent's had both passed away two years ago, and he spoke of them and said he invited them to be there with him in spirit today. He read Irish poetry and they played some great music at the service. At the reception, it was kind of funny to see these men in skirts dancing, but we had a ball. My tootsies hurt now, LOL. The bride and groom already have a baby girl and they played "daddy's little girl" and the groom danced with his baby, soooooo cute.

Well, I'm off to bed, hope you guys are all doing well. Joyce, that snake thing sounds really scary. Best be careful!

Hi to everyone and hope you all have a great Sunday.

Dianne
Old 04-29-2001, 02:43 PM   #18  

Diane - I love Irish music & Celtic music. That type of music make up most of my CD collection. The wedding sounded like it would have been a lot of fun. Take care of those tootsies

Today I've made a to do list of things I'd like to get done around the house. Lot's of cleaning. I also want to make a dinner menu for next week and see if I can do a little better at staying within my points. Usually I do fine but that glass or two of wine in the evening usually do me in for the day. Guess I'll have to give it up till I get the weight off or plan to figure it in to my days points.

Do you think alcohol slows your metabolism? I went to a diet center a long, long time ago and they told me it takes three days to get rid of one drink and it slows your metabolism? Has anyone else heard of this?

Have a great Sunday and hello to everyone!

Joyce
Old 04-29-2001, 05:30 PM   #19  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey guys.....

Hi Y'all

I know I haven't been online for days and days.....5 or 6 I think.... Work last week was sooooooo busy (yes, another vacation would be great...ha!) and home was pretty hectic too. We are building a deck and after all the figuring and stuff, Greg is ready to get started so we've been to Home Depot every night. We went to Gainesville to the outlet mall all day yesterday which was fun. I spent alot of money but, Oh well. Right now, I'm waiting for the repair person to come and look at my bedroom satellite DISH. They said between 12-5 and it's now 4:25 and I'm still waiting. UGH!!

I've been OP with my low carb eating but not losing anything. I'm going to stick with it because it's been so easy for me. I'm sure that one of these days, some pounds will fall off.

Sorry not to address everyone personally but I'm in the middle of laundry and the dryer buzzer just sounded for the 3rd time. I hope you are all well and staying OP. I promise to not disappear again, not for 6 days anyway. It's so hard to catch up with Y'all. Ha!!
Old 04-30-2001, 07:50 AM   #20  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thank goodness for Mondays! I certainly feel like I need a fresh start.

Dianne, the wedding sounds like fun, glad you enjoyed yourself. It's great that couples are starting to personalize their weddings with music and traditions that are important to them. Makes it more fun for the guests also!

Joyce, you be careful out there! I shudder to think of having to be ever on guard against rattlers! No more complaining from me about bees and spiders! LOL I'm impressed about the variety of fruits you grow--do you make preserves, etc? We do a vegetable garden, and I've got an herb garden right outside the kitchen, which I love. Usually I just plant basil, thyme, cilantro, sage, dill and rosemary, then fill the rest in with flowers. It smells beautiful, I love to water in the evening and just enjoy it! We've got raspberries, but that's our only fruit. I'd love to grow blueberries, but haven't figured out a spot for them.

Zoe, I'll bet your new deck will be great. How nice it'll be to have this summer, to relax upon after work!

Terri, Essie, Anita, Myra, hi!

Have a great one,
~Jen
Old 04-30-2001, 01:59 PM   #21  

Hello

Well, I got half of my to do list done yesterday. I'll work on the rest of it the next couple of days.

Jen - I do preserves with the fruit. I sometimes freeze some of the berries and peaches for cobblers, pies or crisps. I also can green beans, pickles & tomatoes. It is really nice in the winter to have the taste of fresh veggies. Especially tomatoes. I don't have any herbs except for dill. I grow it for the pickles. I told my husband I would like to grow a small herb garden, just have to find a place.

Zoe - the deck sounds like it will be real nice. I love to go to Home Depot I can spend hours there. My husband used to do construction so he is the same way.
Now days we spend most of our time in the garden center.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Talk to ya later.

Joyce
Old 04-30-2001, 02:37 PM   #22  

Hi everyone.

Dianne,
The wedding sounded lovely. Being away from home it has been a long time since I got to go home to a wedding.

Joyce,
Watch yourself. EWWW! I hate garden snakes, I couldn't imagine a Rattler.

Zoe,
Good luck with the deck. We just lit our torches for the first time last night. I love my deck.

My family is coming in on Sat. I can't wait. I have to bake a cake on Friday. I am under a lot of pressure. It is a famous recipe that my Aunt (A professional baker) is famous for around the Ohio Valley. She does like 2 weddings a weekend out of her home. She did mine and my sister's weddings for free. They are so good. She gave me this recipe 6 yrs. ago and I finally got up enough nerve to try it. Wish me luck.
That is for Brittany's birthday and then I have to order a cake for Brad's First Communion the next day. I'll let the professionals do that one.
Wish me luck with 2 sheet cakes in the house.
We will enjoy the first 6 days they are here and then we will concentrate on Brittany's surgery.

I lost 2 pounds on Sat. I won't be going for awhile with everything that is going on. I will try to maintain.
Have a great Monday!
Terri
Old 04-30-2001, 08:28 PM   #23  

Hello My Friends

Are you ready for this!? I'm still in shock!! 4.8 lbs. this week. I know it's water but who cares. It's been so long since I lost that much!

Terri, I received the Baker's Cookies today. I ordered the double choc. chip & it's really good. Congrats on 2 lbs. You're very deciplined. You'll be fine with 2 cakes (my weakness) I'm still lifting Brittany up in prayer.

Jen & Joyce, you country girls Growing your own vegetables & herbs. Even snakes hanging out

Joyce, a few yrs. ago I useto like to have a couple of drinks & I noticed it did slow down my weight loss even with exercising 5 days a week.

Zoe, have you had anytime for working out? You've been quite busy. Try & slow down a little okay?

Dianne, the wedding must have been beautiful. No Salsa When they played daddy's little girl, I would have been crying all over the place. I'm too emotional!

Well, this has been a long & busy day. Time for me to relax.

Have a goodnight everybody
Old 05-01-2001, 09:38 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone

Terri, 2 lbs. ! good going! Wow, you will really be busy the next few weeks......much too busy to eat any of those cakes, right? You'll be strong, I just know it. Good luck on the baking, let us know how great it turns out! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Essie, 4.8 !!! Awesome! doesn't matter if it's water, it goes a long way in the motivation department, doesn't it? Have you been exercising? While I'm still not crazy about it , I feel soooo good when I do exercise that I've been trying to get some in every day. I'm switching off between walking, yoga, and exercise videos. If I don't do something, I'm crawling out of bed like an old woman in the morning, all stiff and achy!

How's everyone doing?

have a great day,
~Jen
Old 05-01-2001, 01:15 PM   #25  

YAY Essie!!!!! WOOHOOO! That is great, fantastic. Doesn't matter what it is you lost it is gone. Great boost! Enjoy trhe cookies. Mine should be in next week. We are down to 2.
Thanks for your prayers and confidence.

Thanks Jen,
I will let you know how it turns out. I am alotting my time so I do not overwhelm myself. There is so much to do. Great job on the exercise.

Talk to ya'll later,
Terri
Old 05-01-2001, 08:58 PM   #26  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello Ladies......

Hi Ladies

I hope y'all are doing well tonight. I'm hanging in there with my eating program. As some of you know, I was doing Atkin's and did it for 2 entire weeks. I lost 7 pounds. BIG DEAL!!! I lost 8 pounds on my first week of WW so 7 in 2 weeks, to me, wasn't worth giving up ALL CARBS!! So, after 2 weeks, I switched to the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet where you have ZERO carbs for breakfast and lunch and then anything for dinner, finishing it before 1 hour. I have 2 more days to make 2 weeks and it looks like I've GAINED a pound!! I need you guys back. My best results have been with WW. While I have absolutely no time for the meetings, I know the diet well enough to do it on my own. So, after this weekend, which is our anniversary and we're going to San Antonio Friday and Saturday night (and it's Cinco de Mayo too), I will be back on the WW plan Monday. Thank you all for not turning me out when I switched from WW to Atkin's. But that was a killer!!! To all of you who patted me on the back for sticking with it, you're right, it's too difficult to stick with.

Jen ~ I have always hated Mondays but your thoughts about it being a fresh start was good. I loved that.

Terri ~ I told Greg about your torches and that I wanted them too. The deck will be 17ft x 34ft so I'll need a few. WTG on losing 2 pounds!!

Essie ~ Woo Hoo!!! wow girl ~ 4.8!!! That's really like 5 ya know! Good goin'

Joyce ~ we love The Home Depot too. After walking around the entire store, out last stop is the Garden Shop too.

Dianne, Anita and Myra, hello!!

Have a great night

Patti <><
Old 05-01-2001, 10:01 PM   #27  

Hi y'all

It's been a busy day. Went grocery shopping and then our daughter brought her boyfriend over to use the internet. He is a sheriff deputy and is having to take required schooling through UT of Austin. Then tonight was my WW meeting.

I lost 1.2 pounds tonight. That makes 4.4 pounds since joining WW 4 weeks ago. I'm happy. Of course I want instant success like 5-10 lbs a week. but my doctor said to be happy with 1-2 pounds a week. So guess I'm following his orders. My average is 1.1 per week.

Zoe - I did Atkins, Protein Power & CALP also. I seem to do better eating a variety of foods, journaling & exercising. I do feel better when I eat protein at every meal. I'm satisfied longer. Some people do very well on those diets. So I gues it just comes down to what is best for each individual. But you don't know if you don't try right? But I'm really glad you kept posting here and we're here for you no matter what plan you follow. It's nice having a fellow Texan here.

Essie - 4.8 lbs. that is so great!!!! Thanks for your opinion on the alcohol. I think I will totally abstain or strictly limit until I get most of my weight off.

Terri - Congradulations on the 2 lbs. I know you can maintain. There was a lady at our group tonight that had missed 2 months because of work and only gained 1 pound during that time. Our WW leader was so proud of her that she gave her a star because she did so good w/o the meetings. Enjoy your family visit & good luck on the cake. I know it'll turn out good.

We are going to Austin tommorrow to look at some guppies. Fish is another hobbie of ours. We raise guppies. We are trying to get some really nice quality - you know - better than Wal-mart So far we have some half black yellows & purples. Tomorrow we are going to look at half black reds, blue/greens & lavendars. We are thinking of trying to earn a little extra money (since we both work at home) by selling to some local pet shops. Who knows???

I've got to go. Have a great week everyone. I probably won't be able to post until Thursday.

Joyce

Last edited by Joyce W; 05-01-2001 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2001, 04:52 AM   #28  

Hello Everybody

Just a quick hello. Thanks for the compliments. I did really well yesterday. I realized this morning I forgot to count a piece(small) of carrot cake without the frosting that I had yesterday afternoon. See how easily we can forget if we don't write it down right away. That's my goal for this week, to write every little bite down.

Myra, if you're reading our posts I just want to let you know I've been thinking of you. Take care Girlfriend.

I'll be back tomorrow

Have a great day Terri, Jen, Dianne, Patti, Joyce & Anita.

Luv you's
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 05-02-2001 at 04:56 AM.
Closed Thread