3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   OWL Talk #3 (main thread) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/4472-owl-talk-3-main-thread.html)

emmy 04-23-2001 07:44 PM

Monday Monday

Well today wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be...YEAH!!! We worked on that project until 11 p
m so I didn't get back.....turned out pretty good. Thank Goodness for computers!! But DH made him hand write the data analysis because that is the way you were supposed to do...LOL

Candice....I baked you that O point cake I promised.....it's waitng for you at the end of my post. WOW you were really busy in the yard!! SOunds like maybe oyu overdid it a little...hope you didn't pay too dearly. And by all means..."Come on down"

Judy I agree with Tara on the water/tea question that is my leaders have always said.

bren...I see some posting from you on Sneakers and tracks...will have to go see what you have been up to. Sounds like maybe the exercise bug has bit you!! You keep all that good work!!

Where all the owls?? PJ I am dying to find out how things are going at your house ....keep us posted and vent here... Setina?????SueBee and the rest come on out and share!!

oh and by the way......I lost 3.5 pounds while on vacation.....I didn't really count points but I did try to eat well and not overdo.....hmmmm moderation and increased exercise...might be something to it.....

Take care ... I will stop by and check on you guys later...don't leave me here alone :D

emmy

SLF 04-24-2001 09:27 PM

Hi everyone. I'm one of the long lost souls from many months ago. It sure is nice to see some of the wonderful owls I remember along with many new faces.

Life here has been so busy, and changing constantly, that I have had a difficult time keeping up with everything. I really could use the owls again for helping me get back on track, especially during this busy time.

An update: I will be moving from Michigan to Illinois this summer. My husband was going to get layed off in May, and luckily a company that he has been contracted to at different times has offered him a full-time job. He will now be working with Caterpiller in Peoria. We will move to Pekin which is in the hometown that he group up, and will only be 125 miles from my family. It sure will be nice to be much closer to family. It will be the first time in the 15 years that we've been married to finally be "at home".

Of course, the house is up for sale right now, and Wayne is putting an offer in on a new house tonight. It is a new construction that will be ready in about 4 weeks, so it should work out for a summer move.

The kids of course are scared and nervous, but seem to be handling it well.

We had the opportunity to move to Florida (and be much closer to PJ), but we finally decided that we needed to go home. This will especially be important as I start having more difficulty with my mobility.

The other update is not the best of news, but I'm handling it well. After breaking so many bones, I was finally diagnosed with osteogenesis imperfecta. At the rate I'm going, I may end up in a wheel chair in about 5 to 8 years. I'm trying to get back into physical therapy, and really hoping to extend that a lot longer. I'm also being more carefull in the activities that I do, so I don't break as many bones. At this point I've had 40 broken bones.

Well, I'm looking forward to getting caught up with everyone again. I'm trying to be smart about my eating and my exercising. I'm basically sticking with the walking and swimming which are the easiest on my bones at this time. At a church in the new town that we will be moving too has a weight watchers program that I will start back with. I sure hate to say how much I have to lose, but it is probably close to 55 or 60 pounds. I know one day at a time.

Everyone have a good evening and a great Wednesday

Tara 04-24-2001 09:46 PM

SUSAN!!!!!!! - Welcome back :) I already know all that is going on with you (since we are email pals!!) but its so good to see you here. Please come back often! We would love to see you daily again!!

Emmy - 3.5lbs gone! GOOD JOB!!! Whatever you are doing - you are doing it right :D

I am BEAT - gotta run the bed is calling me!!

Nite,
Tara :)

Punky 04-24-2001 09:50 PM

Hi Everyone,

I lost 1.2 tonight at weigh in. I am going to try to get more protein in this week, I hardly get any in, mostly carbs.

Emmy, awesome loss girl, keep it up!

PJ, how ya doing girl.

Susan so good to see you back in the nest, we have missed you. I am sorry about your medical problems, you seem to be handling it well and I think that is great.

Setina, come out and play!!!

Bren

Candicej 04-25-2001 03:50 AM

I'm still fighting fatigue!

Did get my pansies potted and some perenials replaced but much more to be done! The arm is really slowing me down and I don't know where the fatigue is coming from.

Hi Susan..did ya get my message?

Bren..sounds like the sodium doesn't bother you...that's great! I need more protien too and the WW meals don't have much do they? It's good you can get some exercise in..it's hard for me but I try!

Emmy.....thanks for the cake, loved it!:) Your a great cook and good job on the loss! Give me directions and I'll be there!LOL

Tara...what type of puter did you get this time? If we can find a chep one my DH said he would buy one, so my son is looking at Best Buy at the emachine brand..it would be the outdated ones cause they are the cheapest. Or I can wait for my sons again and it will be 3 years old in about 6 months.(Packard Bell) All I need is more room on my hard drive and something that moves alittle faster,this thing is over 6 yrs old so it is very very slow. But it was the top of the line then... a Gateway....Dh will not pay for anything that is a lot cause he doesn't like them to begin with! Is it hard to change everying over to a new one?

PJ...hope you are doing beter...and how is the living situation going?????

:yawn: Massage today if I can get going! This energy thing is the pits!

judygal 04-25-2001 07:25 AM

Thanks everyone for your advise on the tea/water issue. Now I can REALLY enjoy it.

It's testing week at school. YUK!

Headaches are much less severe and much less often. I think I'm healing. YAY!

Gotta run!

SueBee 04-25-2001 07:27 PM

Still hanging around

Hello everyone:

Just to let you know that I'm still around. Scott got his tonsils out on Monday and is doing great. It certainly helps working at the hospital and all the staff was great.

Scott is acquiring money fast. Everytime he takes a drink or has a freezie he gets a quarter and is highly motivated by the cash. What a guy. He had his surgery and was discharged out 4 hours later. His tonsils were big, but they came out very easily as compared to all the other kids. We were in a room with 3 other children and all did very well.

Have PMS big time right now. What a grouch!!

take care

Sue

judygal 04-25-2001 07:36 PM

Sue. I am so glad Scott is doing well. I especially like the money thing. I've got to try that with the kids and housework!

Punky 04-25-2001 08:23 PM

Hi There:)

I had a good day food wise and walked 1.2 miles with my mom and my 2 girls. Brianna(8)loves going for walks but Kayleen(6)I practically have to drag, whining the whole way. It is a real struggle but she is too young to stay home alone and she could also use the exercise.

Candice, I am not sure about the sodium thing, I feel like I should have lost more than 1.2#'s and maybe it was due to the sodium I found out that the salad dressing I was having everyday has a ton of sodium in it too. I am not sure what I am going to do, probably not eat the ww meals and the salad dressing for the day before and the day off weigh in and see if it makes much of a difference. It is worth a try anyway. I just have to be real careful though because I am a big emotional eater and if I get too stressed about it, I will say the heck with it and binge. I have done it so many times and have to avoid it this time.

Hi SueBee, nice to see you here again. I am so glad that Scott is doing well. It is good that it went well for him.

JudyGal, I am so glad that the headaches are getting better, you have been through so darn much in the last couple years? Did you ever get my pm in response to the pm you sent me?

Setina, PJ, Tara, Penny, Meredith where are you guys, come on now I miss you!! You are gonna give me a complex, I finally show up regular and you guys all disappear, is this a hint? LOL!:)

Later everyone

Brenda

SLF 04-25-2001 09:09 PM

I'm back. I did real well today, except for that Dairy Queen trip after Emily's gymnastics. Actually I just had a small scoop of the ice cream with some strawberries. Could have been worse.

Today was the first time in a long time I had the day to myself. I didn't have any substitute teaching jobs or errands to run once. Now that the house is ready for showing, even the house hasn't kept me that busy. Tomorrow I may go get a couple of pots of plants to put on the front step. It will make it look a little cheerier.

It sure is good to see you Brenda....sure has been a long time since we both were here at the same time. I hope all is well.

Judy...are you still teaching? It sounds like you've been having a rough couple of years. I sure hope everything is alright.

Tara...lost you last night on IM. Hope everything is okay.

PJ...did you get me PM? I tried calling you the other night, but you weren't home. We'll catch each other at some point.

Candice...thanks for the message, always nice to get a cheerful hello.

Hi to everyone else...off to get the kids to bed. With my husband already in Illinois with his new job, I've basically been the single parent for awhile. I wonder how single parents can do it everyday...never get a break it would seem like. Luckily my kids being 6 and 10, it is easier this time than 4 years ago when we had to do this also.

Have a good evening.

Susan

Punky 04-25-2001 09:48 PM

Hi Susan,

Yes it has been a long time, just to catch you up on me a bit, I am divorced now and moved to mass last September to be near my family for the first time since I was 17, it is good to be home. I am one of those single moms and I am finding it very hard but also I am enjoying my new life and Brianna(8) and Kayleen(6) seem to be doing very well. I am working a real job for the first time in like 17 years and loving it. The girls are adjusting and doing well in school. They are getting to know their cousins better now that they see eachother more than once or twice a year. They are also both playing softball and enjoying that. My mom and I are bonding. Life is good, now I just need to get this darn weight off.

It sounds like you have been up to quite a bit too, it will be nice to catch up.

See Ya
Bren

PJ 04-25-2001 10:56 PM

Wow! Am I ever behind!!!!!!!

I just finished reading up on all of the posts and it took me almost 20 mis. !

Brenda and Judy - You know, I could use two rough and tough "chicks" TONIGHT.....since as soon as they get home I'm telling them they have to get out! Can you all believe they asked to stay till August? Send the kids to her parents for the summer and let her and her boyfriend stay until he gets a transfer to TENNESSEE! Geeeez, talk about crazy......these have to be the most dysfunctional people I've met in my entire life!
Today, I had a doctors appt. with my psychiatrist. For those of you who don't know, I have to take anti-depressents for the rest of my life and that means being monitored or checking in with my doctor every 3-4 months. Therapists cannot dispense scrips, so I have to see my psychiatrist who I absolutely adore. He told me I'm running a mini-psych ward and to get them out now!!!!! So!! Now that all of you, my entire family, all of my neighbors and best friends and every one of my doctors have told me to kick them out, do you think I can finally do it?????? Wish me luck, I'm looking at the clock here and it says 10:53pm and they're STILL not home. I've had the kids all day. I'm pooped and maybe tonight might not be so good after all. Tomorrow for sure though. Also, Bill just called to tell me he just landed in New York. Yep, once again I'm alone.
Susan - I know how you feel my friend. It's not easy. Not at all.
Candice - I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Here's a great big birthday kiss from me...... X !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emmy - I sure do envy your "little hideaway".....maybe one of these days I'll SURPRISE you and sneak up on your camper and say HOWDY!!! Heh-heh....that would be fun....
We actually ARE going away around July 4th ....Bill always gets 2 weeks off that time of year and some very good friends of ours who also have kids asked if we'd like to go to Daytona Beach for the weekend. In otherwords, not too short and not too long with the kids. Then, when we get back, the four of us will take a cruise. Can't wait.
I'll talk to you all soon.
Love ya,
Pamela

Penny G 04-25-2001 11:12 PM

Hello All:

Did anyone miss me???

I have been incredibly busy!!!!
Having to work split shifts this week because one of the other supervisors is on vacation this week.

I would like to thank all of you!! From the bottom of my heart you have all been so great!! I cannot tell you just how much the support means to me.

Tara - I did go to another OA meeting, and I think it is really helping although it is very unnerving to see yourself in B&W. Its amazing how many things just jump out and say hey here I am. When you never really thought about it before.
I am still following WW, OA does not back any particular food plan, they say do what works best for you. There are a few who pass one around but officially they do not take a stand.
The one I saw was very restricted and not up my ally so to speak.
The minute someone tells me I cannot have something is when I say Oh ya watch me. So I try to stay away from stuff like that.
I have been sticking to program pretty well.
Going over a bit here and there.

I have started getting together with a friend and walking.

Hopefully things will start working better for me soon.
Gotta run very tired. I will try to get back again soon.

emmy 04-25-2001 11:24 PM

Flying In TO Say Hi

So Great to see you Susan. Yep Its a great bunch with lod and new owls...PJ..YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!! We are behind you 100%!! Bren....I am Soooo impressed with your exercise. Canice ,,,Slow down girl!! SueBee, Tara and Penny so great to see you and I will post tomorrow...just didn't want to appear to have "flown the coop". Gotta run...Have to be at work at 7:30 and will work til about 8pm...so racingoff to bed!

emmy

Candicej 04-26-2001 05:08 AM

Got a new PC!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up feeling fatigued and hurting so I cancelled my massage again and tried to rest but that darn stray cat kept howling at my cats through the windows!

When my son got here he said you have a new computer....Best Buy had one of the cheap specials left so my DH got it and got a 3 year warrenty! Hope they do what they say. My son was here all day getting things hooked up and trying to download stuff....ICQ we are having a problem with, but he said he would keep trying when ever he is here. AOL IM would not let us up grade either......but he got Yahoo Im to work( that is what he contacts me on)

I'm using IE too! Nice to see all the posts on one page! :)

There are more programs on this than my old one...since my son deleted most of them for space..but I don't know what they are for!LOL It will take me awhile to get used to the new windows 2000. I just don't like change at first and I still have to copy my old files and bring them over here. Do you think I should put my graphics on the hard drive or just keep them on the floppy? I'm new to all this stuff...I did get my Netscape email address book set up and all my sites logged in..still need to update my bookmarks too.

Hope to be in the yard today...it's gonna be nice!

We hooked the old puter up too and it is right next to me so I can get my files! If I need to go on the net(on the old one) all I have to do is shut the new one down and hook the phone line to the old one!

Bren...don't give in it might just be the sodium and you are doing great with exercising..muscle weighs more too!

Susan...What does DH do again? Thanks fo the message!

SueBee..glad Scott did so well..and yes they do like that money!:lol:

Judy...do you teach in the summer too?

Hi emmy, Tara, PJ, Setina and all other missing owls:wave: