Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2001, 10:24 PM   #1  

Thumbs down

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would start a new thread for us, I stuck this one and unstuck the other one.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful easter.
Sorry I can't write much today but wanted to say hi.

Brenda
Old 04-15-2001, 08:41 AM   #2  
Getting back on track!

Happy Easter Everyone!

I have been in bed with some kind of virus. We were supposed to go out to dinner last night and over to my WW leaders for Easter dinner today but I am not feeling any better so I think it will be another day of bed rest. My WW was closed yesterday because of the holiday but I think I did pretty good last week.

I can't belive I kept putting my taxes off and now I have to finish them and get them in the mail. I actually took advantage of the "free" tax help at our local community center but the girl that did them basically told me she didn't know what she was doing so I want to recheck them since I owe almost $1,000

I better run get my ice pack (for the migraine I have on top of the virus) and get back to bed.

I know I have been MIA a while...what does "sticky" mean?

Setina
Old 04-15-2001, 12:38 PM   #3  

Hi Setina,

Sorry you are not feeling well. As for sticky it is a moderator function and it just keeps the threads up at the top so they don't get lost in the shuffle, I wish it didn't say sticky though but that is automatic and we have no control over it.

Bren
Old 04-15-2001, 02:07 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

HAPPY EASTER!!

I had my dinner - chicken parm and some baked ziti! I am FULL! Counted it all (did go over alittle - but nothing big) and am done for the day! My new day starts at dinner.

Its a beautiful day here - which is nice! And tomorrow is a holiday here in Mass. Its Patriots Day (the Boston Marathon day really) - I am excited to have the day off!

Brenda - I hope you guys have some sun too! Is the snow melted yet?

Setina - Gosh girl - I wish you would get better. And why do you owe on your taxes? I am just curious!! Not being nosey. I hope you have a good day.

Well I have to get some stuff done for my dad - he needs a new "medication check off list" since his meds have changed since he was sick.

Have a great day ladies! Enjoy your families!

Tara
Old 04-15-2001, 03:53 PM   #5  

Happy Easter Everyone

All is well here, finally some nice weather.

Hubby and I spent some time together working in the yard. It was very nice, since I started this new job we don't get much of it.
I am starting a new garden, I DO NOT have a green thumb so it will be interesting. Last year I cleared a little spot on a hill in the backyard and planted some cucumbers, it went so well this year I want to try more.
We have always just let this hill overgrow with weeds because its to hard to mow it.
But, today we burned all the weeds and I am dumping some manure on it which I have plenty of!!!
I am doing cucumbers again, lettuce, strawberries and I want to plant a couple of blackberry bushes. Other than that I just am going to try to keep it weed free and plant some flowers too!!! Wish me luck I usually kill everything so this will be interesting.

Tara - Did you enjoy the chocolate?

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-15-2001, 06:32 PM   #6  
Teacher chick

Hi girls... I am having a heck of a time this weekend. I messed up outlook express and my guys are acting like I drove a truck into the house or something! I have one more day before I go back to school and it is my last day off until Memorial Day.

Have a great week ahead.
Old 04-15-2001, 07:25 PM   #7  

Default No Candy here...well DH has M&M's!

My arm is feeling better so don't know about the test, will call the doc Monday and ask questions. DH Helped me in the yard a little after he got home from work Sat., it was so nice out!

Tara..thanks for explaing a Sticky! How did you and the chocolate get along?

Penny...You will do fine with the garden! I need to add compost and manure to mine before we palnt and with this arm not sure if it will get done!

Setina...you feel beter girl..sending you hugs(((((()))))

Bren....thanks for starting a new thread!

Judy..outlook express???????????
Old 04-15-2001, 07:44 PM   #8  

Default Yikes!

I ate way too much, lol! I have to admit, I pigged out again. We had a turkey with all the trimmings and peach cobbler for dessert. I have to get some control over my eating, quitting smoking really was hard but it has been 2 months now, I can't go on like this forever and really the smoking thing is not really very hard anymore, I just get a craving once in awhile. I can even be around other people smoking without feeling like I am gonna die if I don't have one. It's really no big deal anymore so why can't I get a grip on my eating? Well, I did do something right though, me and the girls walked 2.4 miles after dinner, it's been like forever maybe close to a year since I have taken a good walk, atleast that is a step in the right direction and maybe the rest will start to fall back into place. My next step is to start brown bagging it again to work.

Did everyone have a great Easter, I sure hope so. Mine was very relaxing and it was a good weekend. Stay away from those M&M's

See Ya
Bren
Old 04-15-2001, 09:16 PM   #9  
Is is spring yet??

Hi!!

Well I have to admit - I did go a tad overboard with the chocolate today I had a feeling I might! And you know what? I feel icky! I really didn't realize eating too much chocolate would make me feel gross. But now I know and I DONT LIKE IT! Tomorrow is another day! I did really good with my regular food though - so that helps. I didn't even have breakfast!

Other than that I had a good day. It was really nice here too! I loved that.

Judy - OH NO!! So does that mean your email is messed up? I know its like the end of the world for some people - LOL!! Good luck with it.

Candice - Glad your arm is better. I am sure you are very relieved!

Penny - Sounds like you do have a green thumb! I hope the garden works out.

Bren - Hey girl its just 1 day - pick up and move on. You can do it!! And that walk helped - I am sure. Be happy you are not smoking - that is important. The food thing will follow.

I have to run - have a good one! Tara
Old 04-16-2001, 07:54 PM   #10  

Default Where Is Everyone!!!

My gosh this place is dead but the board is extremely slow and maybe that is why. I have a fast computer 900mhz and it's wicked slow for me. Wow I wonder if it is all the animations or something else.

Well I finally had a good day OP, I ate well within my points and had a good day, then I walked 1.2 miles with the kids and my mom.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Brenda
Old 04-16-2001, 08:52 PM   #11  
Teacher chick

Hi... I'm here. Unfortunately, my home computer will not be mine for a while. My hubby and son are trying to fix the computer and I can get in when they eat or potty or something!

I'm still very grateful that Bren got those threads started and I hope to be able to post more consistently very soon.

Oh... one more thing... I rejoined WW today!
Old 04-16-2001, 09:15 PM   #12  

Default I am still Op!

I had my cadbury egg tonight just one is all I needed and it didn't taste that good! Only 4pts!!!!

Go to the doc for the emg test Tuesday........hope it is not too painful!

It's freezing here.......and oh my gosh it SNOWING
Old 04-16-2001, 09:31 PM   #13  
Is is spring yet??

I am here! And yes this board is slower these days. My computer is really fast too - and the threads are just not loading as fast as I think they should. I wonder.....

I am over my chocolate fix! Started fresh today - had a good OP day! I did have a few M&Ms - but I counted them.

Brenda - Good job being OP and taking that walk! Have the girls been seeing their dad? Since he lives so far away - just curious.

Judy - Congrats for re-joining WW!! YOU CAN DO IT! I saw my reflection in the mirror today (this morning before I showered etc) and I said "gee who is that!". All the more reason to lose this unwanted 70lbs! Good luck!!

Candice - Good luck tomorrow. I hope the test isn't too painful! I will be thinking of you.

We are supposed to get rain and snow tomorrow too. Snow! I can't believe it!

I have to run - have a good nite ladies.

Tara
Old 04-17-2001, 12:16 AM   #14  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Happy Eater Everyone.....A little late!!

We are at the lake and I just have not been able to get to the computer. It's been cool but sunny. The dogwoods are in bloom and the trees are all getting green and it is gorgeous...BUT they are calling for cpld temperatures tomorrow and get this...SNOW!!! Just got back from Walmart looking for a ceramic heater...ours died on us a few weeks back and we didn't replace it...Those folks in Walmart looked at me like I was crazy!! Looking for a ceramic heater in the midst of fans and airconditioners. We will freeze as we do not have a heater in this camper if it drops to 20 like they say. Guess we might have to go home. We'll see.

I have read the thread to catch up and I think I better reply to you all tomorrow when I have a clearer head. Sounds like everyone did well for Easter....chicken on the grill here...

Wil finidh catching up tomorrow as it will probably be too cold to go out and play.

Night
emmy

Last edited by emmy; 04-17-2001 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2001, 08:50 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

I went to my weight watchers meeting and lost .2, not much but it is a loss and I will take it, I was only OP for 2 days mon & tues so I count myself lucky with any kind of a loss, I will work to make next week better. I didn't walk today but stayed really busy.

A really funny thing happened today, my leader is absolutely awesome, I have never had a leader like her before, anyway she was interviewed in the paper because she is starting a walking club in worcester, so she let us know that she wears a pedometer, she took it off and so did a bunch of other people in the meeting, including me. She said look I took 6,131 steps so far today, I said "what did you say?" and she repeated it, I then showed her my pedometer which also said 6,131 steps taken, We couldn't believe it, she took mine and hers and held it up for everyone to see, it was pretty funny. My Leader is also in Fergy's new book, I think she is on page 85? but not sure, maybe 185?, I don't have the book she is a weight watcher ambassador. She is just sooooo funny. She has us cracking up most of the meeting but we learn alot too.

How is everyone doing?

Not much action here, come on everyone, forget about any overindulgences that you may have made since easter. Chocolate has alot of power. Just come on back to the nest and let's move on.

Emmy, stay warm girl

Tara, great job on staying OP! I am starting my points at night too and I really love it, I don't know why but it sure makes a big difference for me.

PJJJJJJJJJJJJ, where are you?????????
Closed Thread