View Poll Results: How many languages can you speak (fluently)?
One (English I presume!) 5 22.73%
One and a bit (random phrases, but not much more) 14 63.64%
Two 3 13.64%
Three 0 0%
Four 0 0%
Five or more (you show off!) 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 11:29 AM   #16  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. Tomorrow is Friday.. YAHOOOO.

I am doing OK, went a couple over in points yesterday, but not too upset about that. I can't believe that NO ONE noticed my hair yesterday. I had to finally ask people if they noticed anything different.... and then it still took awhile. Guess I work with unobservant people!!

No exercise in the last 2 days, been too busy. Tonight is the night tho! It has warmed up here, but they are predicting rain again... and then colder next week. UGGGHHH. Hopefully it will stay warm enough that I can take Sadie out for a run.. her run, me walk!!!

Oh, and I took German in HS, but only remember a few selected words and phrases. I really want to learn Spanish! My brother took Italian in college and he used to drive us nuts with it, but I don't think he remembers much of it anymore.

Angie... don't fret on the PG thing. Yes you want a baby right away, but maybe your body is telling you it just isn't ready yet. In the scope of things, you really have not been trying that long. Hubby and I tried for many months before getting PG and were told that it was normal.

Belle... glad to see you are more positive today. I also agree that the sister thing will wear off in awhile. I know for me it would if my brother came to live with me.

Lisa and Kay... Zatarains is great. And easy for hubby to make.

Kay... yes it is a bit salty, but you probably notice it more because smoking kills taste buds... now you are getting them back. I also read a while back about the difference in your lungs even after just 1 week of not smoking! Yah for you for quitting. You are really getting healthy all over!!!

Kirsty... thanks for the phrase. If I remember it, I will use it on hubby. He hates it when I speak other languages! Even saying Hochmagandy gets him!!!

Well, I better skidaddle! HI to all the other 20 somethings!!!
Old 04-19-2001, 11:50 AM   #17  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Ladies!

I'm starving... good thing it's time for lunch

Angie - It sounds like you're doing great. Small victories add up to one great victory!

Tonya - You'll love Zatarain's. I know I do.

Ali - Good luck on your exams!

Belle - Congrats on the jeans!! Doesn't it feel great. I wear a larger size jeans than pants, so it's always depressing for me to try on jeans. Like when I started WW in Nov. I was a size 18 pants, but a size 22 jeans. Well, since then I've had to buy jeans two different times because they were too big. So, I just went and got size 18 jeans. Down too sizes. I'm almost a size 14 pants too, and I can't wait. (Of couse Lane Bryant size 14's are not the same as Express 14's)

Kay - Yeah, I've been eating Zatarain's since I was little. When I first moved to Boston, the stores didn't carry it, so my mom used to send me boxes all the time (I wasn't on a diet, I just missed jumbalaya!). But now the stores up here carry it! Yeah!

Jen-L - Have fun walking/running Sadie! I'll do a rain dance for you so it wn't rain!

Off to Lunch!

Lisa
Old 04-19-2001, 12:22 PM   #18  

Hello,
Am I in the right spot now for this forum support? I hope so. I am a new member. I attend WW every
Friday.... that would be tomorrow....yikes!!!

SW=295
CW=235
GOAL=150-160?
Old 04-19-2001, 12:25 PM   #19  
Scotland's finest export

hi lilhunnypot - you're in the right place!
good luck weighing in tomorrow!!
Old 04-19-2001, 12:26 PM   #20  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Hallo, wie gehts? Ich bien sehr gut.

And that's about the extent of the German I remember. I took it all through high school, which if you remember, was IN GERMANY! I spoke the language pretty well back then, but that was 11 years ago. I took it one year in college, but when you don't use it, you lose it. I want to learn Spanish, though. It's very useful when you're a journalism, especially if you want to work in Florida!

I do swear in German! Schize (I don't think I'm spelling it right, pronounced sh-I-za) is shi*t in German. I use that all the time! And here's a fun one, although I can't spell it. I
I'll do it phoenetically — Boodagumsha. It means f*** you in Farci!

Oops, gotta meet the BF for lunch!
Old 04-19-2001, 01:25 PM   #21  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Oh girls! What's wrong with me????? I brought a nice 5 point lunch to eat.... but when I got to the caff... they had boneless buffalo wings! (my weekness)!

Yes, I ate them. Anyway, I had 3 - so I'm assuming 12 points for that. And a free salad - no dressing.

I can still do okay though. My mahi-mahi dinner should only be 7 points (3 points for the mahi mahi and 2 points for the zatarain's black beans and rice, 0 points for the salad, and 2 points for the straberries.)

But I was bummed. But a friend and I went and walked for about 45 minutes... so I think we at least got a mile in.

Hi lilhunnypot!!! Nice to meet you. This is exactly the right place for support. Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. It's looks like you are doing AWESOME! Keep up the great work. what has been your secret? Anyway, I love chatting with these girls. It definately makes this all a little easier!

Have a good afternoon girls!

Lisa
High 237/ WW Start 220/ CW 196/ WW Goal 115 (Height 4'11")
Old 04-19-2001, 01:32 PM   #22  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Just time for a quick one. :)

Hey everyone! Really quick since I'm pretty busy...
Kirsty: A groom's cake is traditional in the U.S. where the bride's cake is the fancy, white big cake and the groom's cake is usually chocolate and smaller, sometimes in the shape of things or at my sister's wedding, covered in chocolate candies!! Super yummy!

Ok, it's time for me to eat and work at the same time.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
and welcome lilhunnypot!
Old 04-19-2001, 01:56 PM   #23  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Me again...

Stacy... we didn't do a grooms cake. Not a thing in this area. Actually, I have never been to a wedding where they had one. But I have seen it in weddings on TV! Steel Magnolias is my favorite.... Blood Red Armadillo!!!

Tilley... Don't fret it. I brought lunch yesterday and hubby drags me out for lunch. I did OK, but ate all the chips that came with my sandwich!!! Just get back on track! And the walking will give you extra points! I work next to the mall and walk almost everyday. It is just a stroll, and I usually end up shopping (like today... GAP for Emma clothes!)... and I never count the points.

Kim... when I was in HS german, someone once told me that Vex Du means F*** You. Not 100% sure tho since I never found that word in my German dictionary.

SHAME ON US for saying all these naughty words in other languages!!
Old 04-19-2001, 02:15 PM   #24  
Parrothead

Default Dirty Words in other languages!!!

I'm am laughing do hard at us right now for talking about curse words in other languages! It brings me back to when I waited tables in a mexican bar and grill and the guys would say bad words in spanish. They didn't think I could understand, but I always caught them on it. I would say "not in front of a lady" in a joking manner and they would all get so embarrassed! Too funny!

We had a groom's cake at our wedding. It is a big tradition in the South to get a cake that has some significance to the groom. Ours just had our university seal on it but I've seen a cake that looked like a beer cooler. There are some funny ones out there. I think it adds an additional flavor for the guests to choose from. I'm not entirely sure where the tradition came from, though. We also have a tradition of doing a "grand march" at our weddings. Its kinda like a conga line to polka music. Really a fun time for all the guests to take part.

Lisa ~ I've done that sort of thing at lunch too! Don't worry about it. Your dinner sounds great!

I was good at lunch and got a half of a turkey sandwich (the cafe always laughs at me for ordering only half) with mustard and lettuce no cheese. And I got a green salad and put a tablespoon of 1000 island dressing. I'm counting the sandwich as 4 and the salad as 2. I dont know...

I'll try to post a pic of our grooms cake. Hope this works!
Kay
Old 04-19-2001, 02:20 PM   #25  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Shame, shame!

But it's so much fun to swear in another language. I'm not sure about that German phrase — I'll have to ask a friend of mine who's German-American!

My home scale treated me a little better this morning. So I'm not so scared to go to WI tomorrow or Saturday now. Cross your fingers!

I'm procrastinating again today. I stayed late at work, until almost midnight, and then today my editor and agreed I needed more time on this story that was supposed to be due tomorrow. So of course I don't feel like doing anything now! I took a long lunch and now I'm playing on the Internet instead. Can you tell I'm not very good at time management?

Stacey: Whenever I get married, I want the main cake to be chocolate! I don't like white cake or the overly sweet frosting that usually comes with white cake, so I'm just not going to have it. If people don't like it, they don't have to eat it, right? A friend of mine felt the same and had this yummy chocolate cake with raspberry filling. It was a huge hit.

Lisa: The dinner sounds yummy! I love cooking with fresh seafood. Salmon and scallops are my favorite. It's hard to fine good fresh seafood in Southwest Virginia, though!

Welcome, lilhunnypot!

Well, I might go try to do some work now. Earn my paycheck and all.
Old 04-19-2001, 02:30 PM   #26  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Groom's Cakes

I guess I didn't know it was a southern thing.... but maybe so.

And that Blood Red Armadillo cake from Steel Magnolias is funny... because it's a red velvet cake YUM!!!!!!!!!! Red Velvet Cake's are huge in Mississippi and Louisiana. They are actually really rich chocolate cakes, but they have so much red food coloring, you can't tell that the cake is chocolate. My mom makes the BEST!

ANYWAY... for my mom's wedding, my stepdad had a red velvet cake in the shape of a 1975 Chevy Convertable because he collects those.

Lisa
Old 04-19-2001, 02:33 PM   #27  

Default thanks

Thanks everyone. btw I work in a mall and my store is right in the food court, what a daily test....and to make matters worse a new pizza(my weakness) place has now opened up! What to do? How do you ladies stay motivated to exercise?
Old 04-19-2001, 02:55 PM   #28  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Groom's Cake

Kay: That's a pretty cake!! Ours will probably be in the pattern of an Autocross course with little orange cones and corvettes on it. Brett loves to race autocross!!

Kim: My bride's cake will be Italian Cream with Cream cheese frosting. I can't wait!!!

Lilhunnypot: Tell yourself that if you walk the entire length of the mall 10 times, then you can have a piece of pizza. I'd be too lazy to walk, therefore no pizza. But, if the pizza is really important, then use it as a reward. Good lucK! Pizza is EVIL!
Old 04-19-2001, 03:21 PM   #29  
Eve's Mom

Default MMMMM.....cake....

And that's all I have to say right about now, excpet that - OMG did anyone else notice that I spelled Canuck wrong on my name thingy for MONTHS!?? I fixed it....that is so funny, I am still giggling.

Very cool about the grooms cake!

Hello lilhoneypot! WElcome!

Lisa - I only take one size smaller in pants - a 16, and 14 are really tight, don't like it. But jeans - why is that that they are higher?? Very strange.

QUESTION:

I might have asked this, but I was wondering, a girl on my floor here has lots scads of weight and claims it was apple cider vinegar tablets that helped.....have any of you (US OR UK OR CANADA) heard about this or is it FDA approved? She just got them at a health store....I can't see the logic in vinegar really.....but I thought it was interesting. I asked if she modified her eating or exercised and she got offended, so I didn't ask any further.

Belle
Old 04-19-2001, 03:37 PM   #30  

Default apple cider vinegar

Hello Belle2000
I read somewhere that acv naturally helps get rid of body fluids, and also helps speed metabolism and curb appetite. I also read that it is not FDA approved?
If you use google as a search engine and type in apple cider vinegar there might be some more info. But I also have heard of people adding it to there water or drinking a glass of it b4 meals.
Closed Thread