3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday April 19 *DAILY THREAD* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/4410-thursday-april-19-%2Adaily-thread%2A.html)

Kirsty 04-19-2001 06:15 AM

Morning girls!
I'm so proud of myself today. I managed to run for a whole 20 minutes without stopping/walking! First time ever (and I mean ever in my entire life) that I have done that! Lolly, you and I are going to do so well at the 5k this year!
Ooh, and boyfriend is going to take me to Paris for the bank holiday weekend at the beginning of May. :D
OK, Brenda. Rubbish over here is quite often used to mean someone is useless (it can also mean very bad, absurd, nonsensical or worthless). we also use it to mean trash/garbage. Isn't it cool finding out all these differences in the language! I still find your definition of fanny the funniest. I think it was Emily who said she had "exercised her fanny off" the other week. If you know what it means over here...well. ;)
Suzanne - did things go ok with your BF? did you give him the note?
Slinko - hooray - you're official now! I didn't tell anyone about WW for ages, I just said I was eating healthily and doing more exercise. If anyone asks then I'll tell them now. I'm quite proud of it and I wear my pin that I got when I reached goal all the time! Whenever I see overweight people I want to tell them to go to WW but luckily I stop myself!
Oh, and Bren, forget about the gain. Just pick yourself up and get back on track. I hate it when food talks to me. Last night it was a bagel. I ate it, felt guilty and then worked out my points and it was OK! Phew. Still hard to shake the guilty feeling, cos I ate it even though I wasn't that hungry.
Casey - sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon.
Kim - I'd love to lend you some willpower, but there ain't much to go round!
Maybe you should make your own chart like the old one? My leader suggested plotting your weight loss on a graph so you could see visually how well you've done. I may well do that.
Tonya - I have two computers at work - a PC and a Mac. Both screens are huge (21 inch and 25 inch!!). But at home I only have a teeny 17 inch which isn't even connected to the Net. Ah well. It saves me money. I keep thinking I'll write a novel at home (I have some cool ideas for children's books) but I never have the time. Damn my social life! ;)
Kay, sorry about the gain and the grad school stuff. I'm sure you'll lose and get into grad school. maybe you can use the extra year to do other school related stuff and get ahead on course work or whatever? your teaching idea sounds good, esp if it let you put some money aside. No ciggies! Maybe you should try kick-boxing or such like to burn off the aggression?
Stacey - 78 days now!! EEK! What's a groom's cake?
Belle - I think you're worrying needlessly about his sister. They'll prob want to catch up a bit just the two of them. And they'll want to go out all three of you, *AND* he'll want time with just you. Don't fret cos it's totally normal. I'm sure once she's been there a week or so it'll all be like it was, and it will just be like he has a room mate. Anyhow, if you like his sister, why don't the two of you team up and do girlie things together? Sorry to hear about friends moving away, but if you think positively you can email them every day and now you'll have somewhere to visit for long weekends and so on...hope you're feeling more cheerful today.

Right, time for this lazy bird to do some work! Ooh, if anyone needs encouragement to run, apparently it burns off cellulite...

More later,
Kirsty

PS Where are all the others that haven't posted for a while? You know who you are. Come out and play!

Kirsty 04-19-2001 08:19 AM

where are you all?

i'm lonely. :( where is everyone!?
if you come out and play i'll teach you how to say "i'm not wearing any underwear" in swedish....

tilley 04-19-2001 09:09 AM

Kirsty... Wow - what a mouthful.

Sorry you're lonely. I'm here!!!!

Well, I did something I'm not sure I should have yesterday. But anyway, my min points is 22, and I only had 16. I didn't mean to. It was just that I calculated my points around 9pm... and didn't want to force myself to eat. Whatever - I did not-so-great last week, so I don't think it was too bad.

BRENDA!!!! I knew our boys could do it. Of course, my man Drury scored a goal. He is a hockey god. Then I wonder what that makes Sakic? The hockey god of all hockey gods? I don't know. Anyway - I just hate that they have to get by some tough teams. I hate the Stars!

I'm making Mahi-Mahi tonight for me and my roommate. I've never cooked fresh fish before, so I'm a little nervous. I hope it turns out okay.

I need to re-state my love of Zararain's rice mixes! That's why I accidentally was so under yesterday. I had no idea how low points the white beans and rice was. A cup of the white beans and rice is only 2 points! And it's SO good! And filling. They have so many different kinds... black beans and rice, red beans and rice, white beans and rice.. black eyed peas and rice! Anyway 0 love it! and thought I'd share.

Okay I'll check in soon! Have a good day!

Lisa

Kirsty 04-19-2001 09:17 AM

hooray - i have a friend!

hey lisa,
good luck cooking dinner tonight. i'm going to make greek spinach and filo pie for me and BF. i got a new cookbook at WW today, Low-Point Mediterranean Cooking. Yum!
as long as you don't go under your points too often it's ok. means you've got a few spare if you need them another day. our leader recommends you don't save more than 4 points a day though (but we do it differently over here and we only have a set number of points to eat, not a range).
back to work.....

momof4girls 04-19-2001 09:43 AM

I won't be around much today, I have a dr's appt later today. Dh and I have been trying to get pregant for the past 7 (almost 8) cycles.....and so far nothing. SOooo, going in to see the dr and get a prescription for clomid. Anyone know anything about that stuff? In answer to what you are thinking....yes we want our kids very close in age ;) (my youngest is 9 months) we have been trying since she was 2 months old.

I went to Wendy's yesterday and kind of screwed up. I had a grilled chicken no mayo...which is good *BUT* I also had a baked tater with sourcreme....and it is full fat sour creme. I did however choose water instead of iced tea...so I suppose that is a good thing.

Hurray for small victories right? ;) oh, and I didn't step on the scale this morning which is the first time I haven't done that in about 3 weeks.

Kristy: Don't be lonely :) YAY on the exercise! (You can do mine for me k?) ;) So, if they don't give you a range....how do you plan exactly?? taht would be very hard.

Lisa: I have gone below my minimum a few times. ALthough my minimum is 24...I find that to be a lot. (Not that I couldn't have easily get to 100 pt's before ww)

Have an ON program day!!

YAY FOR TORONTO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

(hugs)

Angie

TonyaLyn 04-19-2001 09:52 AM

Good morning Tilley, Kirsty and Angie!!

Oh Kirsty, I am only posting because you told me you would teach me the super Swedish phrase....my DH would love that! (If I would do that, I mean!) He's a sicko, and I love him! :)

Tilley ~ I have to try Zararain's, I have seen them in the store, but haven't bought any yet, I love rice, so I am sure I will love them!

Angie ~ I have had several friends on Clomid, and worked very well. I am sure you will be pregnant soon. I think you did great at Wendy's, you could have gotten a big hamburger and FF, so your choices were great! :)

Belle ~ I am sorry you are feeling so down. Don't worry about the sis, remember, she isn't going to want her brother hanging around her all the time too. She may find a BF and want to spend all of her time with him! If my brother came to town, I would be spending a lot of time with him the first few days too, so take this opportunity to do some things by yourself (scrapbooking and such?!?) As far as your friend goes, that is rough, I am like you and only have about 2 close friends, one moved 2,000 miles away, and have lost touch a bit, but we email each other alot, and she comes back to visit a few times a year, we are still really good friends, we have just had to change how we do things and communicate now.

Kirsty ~ Way to go on the running! I would like to start, I just need to get my butt in gear.

Well, I better get some work done. I hope everyone is having a super morning. It is 65 degrees here and sunny, wish I didn't have to work!!!!

See ya in a little bit.....:)

LoriD 04-19-2001 09:54 AM

Hey!

Hello again from NY! Things are going ok here-I think I was over points yesterday but feel ok about it....
Angie-Good luck at the doctor's....are you sure they are going to give you clomid? It's only been 9 months since you gave birth? That means you've probably only had 6 or so normal cycles...not a lot in the scheme of things for trying to get pregnant....anyhow-probably TMI but if you want to personal message fell free....

Kirsti-Congrats on the running-doesn't it feel great?

I answered two to the survey-Spanish and english...but would like to learn more-I think learning languages is neat...
bye for now-lori

KO 04-19-2001 09:55 AM

Teach me how to say im not wearing any underwear in swedish!

ok i know i have been a stranger but its less than 2 weeks to finals i have been staying relatively OP and i found a few of my triggers
1 white bread
2 my family dear god they drive me to the fridge and open the door for me
my sister just got meridia now i have to be s uper good and do that E word eugh!
cant have sis thinner than me!
I reinjured my finger on the weekend no not at the rock club on sat night at the restaurant on easter? i think ive got nuts. . . ok maaaaaaaaaaaaybe i was there already
anywho chicks im off for a bit b/c class is about to start and i need to look productive
Kierie
ps i speak english and smatterings of spanish and french
ps2 my ireland trip is now moved to my spring andtravelling all summer

Sweater Girl 04-19-2001 10:00 AM

Bonjour

I speak 2 languages! My english is far better though, but when you grow up in a French area, you generally learn the language!

Anyhoo, I am going furniture shopping today and am going to Red Lobster for lunch with mom. I have 2 exams left but they're the easy ones so all my tough work is over and done with!!!

I'll try and be on through the week so take care all of you:)

Ali

Kirsty 04-19-2001 10:02 AM

apologies for spelling

my friend taught me this but i have no idea how to spell it properly! so i'll attempt to do it phonetically!

yaha pomi ingin oondebixtor

(ingin should be like the "ing" in ring, followed by "in". don't pronounce the r at the end too much, just a hint of an r!).

so put on your best swedish chef accent (a la the muppets) and men will fall at your feet....
:devil:

lemme know if that isn't clear!

momof4girls 04-19-2001 10:08 AM

fly by post

Lori:

The reason the dr is putting me on clomid is because my cycles had been fairly normal 28-30 days, I was ovulating, BUT I was spotting BIG time in the last part of my cycle. He checked progestrone....and that was normal. The problem is now that I haven't ovulated since January....so it is a little hard to get pg with no egg there. I chart my cycles by taking my basal body temp each morning, and tracking cervical fluid....I know gross....sorry. :eek: So, in light of the fact that I am no longer ovulating, and the fact that I am spotting thruout my cycle now....dr thinks that clomid would be the best thing to go on.

Sorry I really don't have any more time to post to the rest of you

Ko: hope your finger feels better!

(hugs)

Angie

Belle2000 04-19-2001 10:22 AM

moi aussi

Mais, pas tres bien....alors, pas vraiment.

I was bilingual as a child but I lost it when we moved to Calgary. When I went to France, I picked it right back up and when I came home I lost it as quick as I found it...oh well!!!

Well, last night, not so bad. The walk home, once I was over fuming that he didnt pick me up, was good b/c it was a gorgeous day and it made me think things through. Taht and I was starved, having not eaten all day, I think my blood sugar was playing funny tricks on me. I grabbed a snack and felt much better by the time I was at b/f's. He greeted me with a forehead kiss, good sign. His sister was beat - had bad snowstorm in Fredricton and was exhausted from the flight out. but we just hung out and watched TV, b/f cooked and cleaned (yay). He didn't show too many PDA's but did lean on me and when she dozed off on the couch, he put his arm around me and asked me to stay over or he would go to my place cuz he missed sleeping with me the night before. And he apologized for hurting my feelings.

Is it me, or is he getting much better about things? I mean, yes, he sort of screws up still, but he recognizes it and makes up for it. So that was good. Drove me to work again today :D. Think he felt bad about not picking me up last night.

Anyway, got sappy email from best friend who is sad to be leaving and had good cry over it too.

I suppose things could always be worse....its hard to see when youa re in the middle of crisis and cant get your head above water though.

On a brighter note, I was at 24 points yesterday - did very well. Of course, I consumed most of those after work.....but nonetheless!! Still counts!!!

AND I HATE people who bring their chocolate to work to pon off on other innocent people. Evil, evil people. Must avoid coffee room, its those darn mini-eggs. Love those.

Kristy - runnig burns cellulite? Hate cellulite. Am starting the running program soon - my fractured toe keeps me on bikes mostly. The walk yesterday nearly killed poor toe. Its all swollen again. But I am looking so forward to trying it!! Good or you for the 20 min. I have NEVER run that much that far. 12 in Jr. High and it damn near killed me.

Lisa - so if you are under that much, can you bank all those points? Or still only the 5/day maximum....anyway, I wouldn't do that too often either, but oh well, you were OP! Don't worry.

Angie - its when you are not trying to get preggo that you do. Good luck at the dr (and in the bedroom ;) )

Tonya - glad to hear I am not the only person with limited good friends. I think true ones are hard to find - weird, but I do consider you girls my friends. Anyway, I do like the sister -she is funny. And very sarcastic. And chubby too! We crabbed about family wieght issues last night. of course, b/f is skinny, so we both hate him....hee hee.

Lori - Live from NY its...Lori D. (too much coffee today).

Keirie - OMG!! My sister is competing with me now and I hate it. I won't let her be thinner than me either, and I am always trying to buy nicer (thinner) clothes than her!! Oh yeah, bought a new pair of jeans, I fit the 16's (thought my butt was a bit too tight though) so I went with the 18's, but still, last summer I was in 22/24!!! Was very estatic. Of course, my 5'3, 190lbs sister was like, "oh, I fit the 16's perfect, even a bit big in my waist". I was ticked. So now I am using her as motivation. The other thing is, my aunts/ grandparents are totally weight oriented (also dad, bigtime!!) and its horrid. They assess you all the time and ask on the phone "How much do you/Alana/Kristin weigh now? what size areyou?" I am like, sorry, not your business. Its so frustrating and makes me want to eat. Love those opposite effects.

Ali - two of my fave things - furniture shopping and out with mom. Have fun today!!! Did you get "blonde" and if so, are you posting a pic??

Kim - post a pic already!!

Still haven't caught up on yesterday or tuesday's posts, but I will.

Better work now....this is a novel.

Belle

Trish O 04-19-2001 10:30 AM

Hello all. Really quick right now.

Angie: let me know how you like the meds. I am also trying to get pregnant. Just started to chart this month. we miscarried in January at 10wks and this is the first month I was alowed to try again. It is all very frustrating for me...not in the time we have been trying but just having to start it all again. Part of me is scarred that I won't ever get preg again...and part of me is worried that if I do get preg again it will turn out heartbreaking again. Anyway, TMI I know. I am just confused about the charting and if I am doing it right and what to really look for. Never quite sure I am recording it right. NOw Way TMI!?!?!

Thank you Kirsty for the new phrase. Oh, I speak English (but sometimes not that well) and I bit of German. I took it for YEARS in school (like 6 years) but I am very poor with it. I can not write it at all and when I speak it (which is never now) I can never remember the word I want until it is too late and the moment is over. Oh well, I guess with my dyslexia, it was hard enough for me to learn to read/write English. I wish I could speak more languages however.

Sorry I don't have time to post to everyone as I am late to a meeting. I will try to come back later to do so.

bye for now -

Trish

TxAggie 04-19-2001 10:33 AM

Do programming languages count?

I answered the poll for one language and a bit of another. I took spanish for most of my school years and when I'm in Mexico I can get around OK. Other than that, I know about 6 programming languages so I don't know if those count. I know I'm a total nerd.

Kirsty ~ I think I can get the phrase down. A friend of mine is from Norway and the language sounds similar to Sweedish. I'll ask her for help!

Lisa ~ I have loved Zatarains for many years. Being so close to louisiana it has been here a while. I like to do the Jambalaya mix using the Healthy Choice sausage. It comes out to 5 pts a cup but it is sooooo good. I throw in a salad with ff italian and a slice of diet bread with ff butter spray and I am all set for 6 pts. Ok, I'm hungry now. The only prob is the mixes seem super salty to me now that I don't smoke. Oh well, I'll live :)

Tonya ~ I think my DH would love the phrase too! You're not the only one with a *dirty* minded guy! I think all men think like that, they are just better at hiding it until they know they *have* you. I guess it keeps life interesting!

Angie ~ Good luck with the Dr. When me and DH decide to have kids I think I'd like them close in age as well. My brither-in-law is only 18 months younger than my DH and they are very close. Me and my bro are 4 years apart and don't have a lot in common. Kids seem like so much fun! I can't wait. I think we're going to wait until I am finished with my masters and then begin. I'll be about 28 or 29, so I'll still be young enough to keep up with them :).

Belle ~ I hope things look up for you! I know that it gets a bit lonely when you are on your own at first. I did that for about 2 1/2 years before I got married. Looking back I wouldn't change a thing. It gets easier once you get into your routine and are settled in. Just think, you get to have the apartment exactly how YOU want it and not have to compromise on a thing. That makes it all worth it!!! Now when I come home from work there is no guarantee that the leftovers I have been craving all day will still be there or the toilet seat will be down when I wake up in the middle of the night (TMI). Have fun!!!

Ali ~ Good luch on the exams!

Kierie ~ Welcome back! Good job on finding the triggers. I love white bread also. Warm with a little butter Yum!

I gotta get to work~
Kay
P.S. ~ Another day smoke free. Ya'll are really helping! I'm at day 17 now...

Belle2000 04-19-2001 10:35 AM

Kim

I thought about maybe a cat later on. B/f wants a dog as well. But really, I just need to visit my puppies more, I miss them so much!! And my poor dog, haveing to have her teeth out!!

Don't dogs give the best love??? Its so unconditional, they don't get moody or hold grudges!! SIGH!!

Re: the bridget article, wow, a size 8 is big?? That would be super small for me. Thanks for posting that!!

I better run now.

Belle