View Poll Results: If you looked like Bridget Jones would you lose weight?
Yes, she's soooo overweight 0 0%
Yes, but only a few pounds 6 31.58%
Nope, she's perfect 13 68.42%
No, she needs to put on a few I reckon 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 01:52 PM   #31  
Fed Up With Fat!!

I couldn't think of a catchy subject so I didn't put one.
First...
Brenda: Don't eat the fried fish! I had some Thursday night and my tummy was on a roller coaster all night long!
Suzanne: Kick your b/f in the butt! Simply the fact that you are posting AND on WW just goes to show how wrong he is!! Also, my mom gave me some of the BEST advice on guys....if they don't do stuff now, they probably won't change after you're married.
Congrats to everyone on losses and to those who gained, don't look back. My leader last night said stepping on the scale is not uh, well actually I forgot what it was exactly but basically, you are succeeding simply by going to WI and getting the truth. Way to go!!

Now, I got an idea from Trish when I first started posting here and it's wonderful!! For each day you are OP, put a star, sticker or something similar on the calendar. That way, it encourages you to be honest. For example, I've been on a serious plateau since the end of February. I've been playing with the last 3 pounds and I'm sick of it. I haven't even reached virgin fat! So, my fiance agreed that if I stayed OP and excercised each day for a week then he would buy me a pedicure. My feet really need it!! So, yesterday when I ate the Easter candy, I actually wrote it down and used some of my banked points. So far so good. I'm hoping that this mini-attitude change will push me over the plateau and get me back on track.
Whew!
That was a mouthful. My boss called me while I was writing this so I had to take a break and "listen"
I should get back to work...
Old 04-18-2001, 02:05 PM   #32  
CM
Chick

Hi all!

It's really strange to be home during the day and see all the posts pop up. Usually when I get home everyone is done for the day but me.

Excuse me if I don't post to everyone, but I'm feeling crappy I have a doctors appt. tommorrow morning for this stomach thing I can't shake. My boss is getting aggravated but I can't do anything about it.

I am trying to get back OP today so far so good. Of course since I have already eaten most of the food in the house it can't be that hard.

Going to take a nap before General Hospital be back later.

Y'all have a great day!
Old 04-18-2001, 02:25 PM   #33  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default i don't know what to write here

Hi girlies. This will be pretty short. I should be working. Argh. I am just not in the writing groove this week, which is a problem since I have a big story due Friday. I need to be in a little room with no phone, no police scanner, and no other distractions. I'll probably stay late tonight so I can work when it's more quiet in the newsroom.

Shame on me. I didn't go to WI today because I was so afraid I had gained. My home scale was iffy, and I've been in such an ornery mood all week I didn't want to risk being even more depressed. Now I just need to get myself back on track and lose by next week! Oh, darn. I just realized I'll be out of state at a training thing and I don't know if I'll be able to make another meeting. I'll be in classes pretty much all day. So maybe I'll go Friday or Saturday morning.

Sarah: I had heard Gwyneth Paltrow was going to be in a movie wearing a fat suit. Julia Roberts, too? I just may boycott both those movies. And even though I really like Bridget Jones, I wish they had picked a more realistic-looking actress to start. Kate Winslet would have been great, but I heard she turned the part down.

Well, I am going to make myself write for the next hour. After I go get coffee, I think. AHHHHH! Some willpower, PLEASE?!
Old 04-18-2001, 02:33 PM   #34  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default lalalalala

Stacey: I think we were posting at the same time. Great idea! You know, the first time I joined WW, waaay back in 1992, they had a different membership card that had a little "weight-line," kind of like a time line, at the back of the card. You could cross off each pound lost and the leader would gave out "bravo" stickers or sneaker (for exercise) stickers to put at places along the card. I loved that little thing. It helped you really see how far you'd gone. I don't know why WW ever did away with it. There also used to be a place on the card to put a "before" picture.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:37 PM   #35  

Happy afternoon!!

Jen ~ Your hair sounds wonderful. I know what you mean about DH though, mine loves long hair on women, so I didn't know how he would react when I chopped all mine off, but he really likes it. It took a week or so for him to say that though, I think he needed a little "sinking in" time! I live in southwest Wis., (Platteville), so we are in major flood area, but I live on a hill, so I am not too worried!

Sarah ~ That is terrific about your mile run, I envy those that can run, terrific form of exercise...keep up the good work, you will be a 5 mile runner soon! That is also super about DH joining, I know a lot of men that don't take very much pride in how the look, or being healthy, nice to see some out there that do.

Trish ~ I need to get to Ann Taylor! I love that store too, haven't been there in ages....

Stacey ~ WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!!!

Shalyne ~ Have fun tomorrow, I am sure whatever you do will be fun!

Kay ~ Way to think positive about a new week of eating. I am in an exercise funk now too, but I know my second wind will come soon.

Hi Lisa!

Angie ~ AWESOME LOSS!!!!! You go girl!!!!

Suzanne ~ My advice to you on your BF, nip it in the bud now, if you don't say anything, it tends to get worse. I have found with my DH, if I don't spell it out for him, he won't do it. I have long since given up waiting for a suprise clean house when I get home. Now I just order him around and tell him what has to be done. Not glamorous, but it gets the jobs done!!!!

Slinko ~ It is wonderful having you here, stick with it, the weight will begin to melt off soon, then you will wonder why you didn't join sooner! It is wonderful support here!

Hi Steph, good luck with the little monitor! I am spoiled now, I have a 21 inch monitor at work, and a 19 inch one at home. Just call me a computer nerd!!!

Brenda ~ Don't be too hard on yourself. I get to be the same way. I do so well for a couple months, then I get into a funk of not eating well, and no exercise, and it takes me a while to get refreshed and back on the wagon. Get back on and tackle one thing at a time, one day at a time. You are doing so well!

Casey ~ I hope you feel better soon, bosses need to understand we are humans and have lives outside of work!!!

Kim ~ You poor girl, you have such a demanding job! Hang in there! Take a few breaks and visit us!!

Well, I am planning on a walk with the kids after work, don't have much ambition this afternoon, so I am sure I will be back!

Take care!
Old 04-18-2001, 02:40 PM   #36  
Parrothead

Default Boo Hoo!

Well I'm with Brenda in the gainers category. I know I got what I expected, but it still hurts. I gained 2#!!!! To top that off, work is sucking big time and I found out that I can't make the deadline to apply for grad school. The deadline is June 1 and I haven't even taken the GMAT yet. In fact I just got the books to prepare. Also, the school I want to go to only lets you start in the Fall so I have to wait another YEAR!!! Maybe I'll get my teacher's certificate this summer and teach HS computers while I wait. I just want to curl into a ball and whine about how I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I can't because I have a meeting until 8 p.m. I can't even go to football tonight to burn all of my aggressions or have a cig.

Ok sorry for the outburst. I hope you all are having a better day.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:43 PM   #37  

Default no subject

Hello,

Well, I just worte a nice little letter to the bf. At the end I wrote to take my harsh words with a grain of salt because I am pmsing. But ya know, if he gets mad and defensive so be it.

We are going to NYC this weekend and I am on the fence about how excited I am. It will be nice to get away and stuff but money is a little tight this month. After this week I have only 3 more weeks until I am done with this job and move onto grad school. Now that schedule is going to be a juggling act. I hope I don't get stressed out too much. I still have to look for a part time job and I don't know whether I should go for a part time nanny gig or a regular on the clock job at a clothing store or something like that. I could also look at the college if they need part time admin help or something like that. The less stress the better....any opinons out there?

I really like Kate Winslet, she is healthy, I also really like Drew Barrymore and am sooooo happy that she married Tom Green, call me crazy but I think Tom Green is a sweetie and he better be good to Drew! I also like Rose McGowan...she is skinny but has a decent bust and doesn't hide it. Well, in general I like actresses that are more true to size than the really skinny ones. I think some magazine showed that a couple actresses have been looking more healthy lately. I think one of them was Ashley Judd.

Well, should get back to work....thanks for letting me rant.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:46 PM   #38  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I forgot something...

First of all...
Kay: Hang in there! I'm rooting for you!
Kim: Get to work! haha just kidding. I'm not working, either.
Kirsty: The big day is 79 days away. EEEEKKKK!!! Where has the time gone?? I only get nervous when I think of the things I haven't done. But, there is really nothing pressing right now other than getting the bridesmaid dresses made, picking out tuxedos, ordering a groom's cake, etc.
Ok, back to work.
Old 04-18-2001, 03:06 PM   #39  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

HI girls, can I go home yet??????

Tonya - that's awesome about the haircut. I've always had long hair (to hide my cubby face) - so I've decided as soon as I get to 150 I'm going to get it cut sort of short. i think it will be fun.

Sarah - That's cool your hubby is joining WW. I bet it will be more fun with a partner in this.

Trish - I've always loved Diet Dr Pepper too. It tastes almost like the real thing. And also, it tastes okay at room temp - whereas diet coke burns when it's a room temp. I only mention this, because my drinks usually warm up a little befoer I've finished them. Do y'all know what drink I LOVE LOVE LOVE??? Diet Mountain Dew!! It's awesome. I know, I know... it's got more caffiene than all the others combined... but I think Diet Mt. Dew is just like the real one.

TxAggie and Brenda - Tough about the gains. I have a feeling had we had the meeting Monday, I'd be in the same boat as you girls. Monday was a state holiday in MA - good thing! Now at least I have another week to make up for it all.

Brenda - I'll be over at 8:30 to watch the game Need me to bring anything *wink* GO AVS!!!!!!

Kirsty - Thanks for the encouragement!

Angie - WOW. 3.5! awesome.

Slinko - Definately make sure you like your leader. That made a HUGE difference for me. I think it's important to really like and respect your leader, especially since I go to mine for support when I need to.

Alright ladies... back to work!

Lisa
Old 04-18-2001, 03:23 PM   #40  

Kay... I took the GMAT. It really isn't that bad. I hate standardized tests but if I had to take one over again it'd prolly be that one LOL.
Old 04-18-2001, 04:29 PM   #41  
Eve's Mom

Default Migranes and possible sister in laws....

Hey girls, had a huge migrane yesterday and missed work (get paid by the hour so not optimal!)

I haven't read any of the posts from today or yesterday, but I had to vent.....

B/f's sister came to town today, and she is staying for four months......so he phones me at like 1 and says he is going out iwth her, and he won't pick me up, so I have to walk about 35 min home after work...but he wanted to know if I want to come over for dinner (?) now its like I have to be
invited, which will suck. I don't mean to complain or be sulky or
jealous, but before it was like a given, if we were seeing eachother, I'd see
him after work, or if he was out he'd pick me up, stuff like that.
And now, its odd. B/c she is living there. I am trying to be really good
about this b/c if she gets a job in Banff she won't be here very often
anyway, and of course, the novetly will wear off somewhat as well, I
hope. And so he will be inclined to hang out with me again.

There goes that attention stuff again...and of course I can't
compete with his sister either.

AND of course, I couldn't talk to anyone about this but you guys, I know I sound so babyish, but I feel this way, for some odd reason, and I keep telling myself I am being stupid, after all, he can't have hochmagandy with her, but I think he'd choose to hang out with her over me. I
am glad she is here, but four months is a LONG TIME. I mean that is how
long until my "timelimit" is up...and until he "stays or goes", remember?

I just hope he lets her have time to herself in his apt and comes
to visit me in mine. and that it isn't always the three of us,
would be nice ot have some two of us times as well...you know?

I am worried how this will pan out! Does anyone understand or am I a total freak???? Wait, I might not want the truth on that one....

I know some of you are scolding my silently I know I know, how lame am I??? I mean REALLY!!!!!

At WI am up like .5. So I won't change my signature b/c I am PMSing and very depressed as it is!!

Will print off posts and reply later.

ARGH!!!

Belle
Old 04-18-2001, 05:06 PM   #42  
Eve's Mom

Default Have more bad news...best friend and dog....

Just recieved phone call from my best friend. Her fiance got a job in Victoria and is moving away with her. She leaves in June, he leaves in May.

You know, I have never asked for much in my life - just a couple of good friends, not even a couple, just one or two friends, and maybe if I am lucky, a b/f that loves me and wants a future with me. That is it. I have never had an overwhelming need to claw my way to the top of the corporate ladder or have tons of material things, or to be the most popular in my class, none of that. I just wanted a couple of close, warm, giving relationships in my life.

And it seems whenever I make a friend, a real true blue, there when you need them friend, they die, leave, or just turn out to be something else. adn in the way of b/f's, there is always something they want more than me. With Giles, it was gambling, with Mark, it was his ex and with current b/f, it's his career.

Ali - you know "all I want is you"? Well, that is how I feel about b/f. Except he doesn't offer me extrordinary things, he just wants material success, more money, more advancement. I want him. I think we can be happy where ever we are doing whatever we do with however amount of money, so long as we love eachother and have fun and enjoy life.

I don't get it you guys.

Now I am very sad and I don't want to have dinner with b/f and his sister. I want to go to my mom's and cry on her shoulder (already called her to cry).

Not only that, my dog just had all her top teeth out. Was going to be only one but they found a bunch loose. Poor little rugrat!! I feel so bad for her.....

There are days I wonder why, oh why did I get out of bed.

Belle
Old 04-18-2001, 05:25 PM   #43  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

BELLLLLLLEEEE.... Oh cheer up. Life is rough some times, but then it gets better.... I know it will for you too! I have been in your shoes and it lasted awhile for me, but everything changed. Just look at all the positives in your life... take the time to write them down. I bet there are a lot of GREAT things in your life that are being shadowed at the moment!!!

I know I don't have great words of wisdom, but I hate to see people in the dumps. I hate it when I am in the dumps!!!

Take some more Belle time and relax in your NEW apartment... (see there is a positive thing!!).
Old 04-18-2001, 05:42 PM   #44  
CM
Chick

Belle

I know what you mean about his choosing her over you. I had big fight with BF over weekend because if we have plans and his parents want to do something not even important they always win. If he didn't see them often or ever do anything with them it would be different but he lives with and spends every waking moment with them. I know how it feels to want to be first once and a while.

Go take a bubble bath or something and have Belle-time.

PS wouldn't worry about the gain it seems like most of us have or think we will this week.
Old 04-18-2001, 05:44 PM   #45  

Default Sister in laws

Hello all,

Well, I called my bf at work~ I know I am weak! and he sounded happy to hear from me so I gave in. I just told him that I had written him a letter but I wasn't so mad anymore. He laughed. He did say he was sorry about the "becoming a porker" comment and said he meant it as he wanted to see me eat something more nutritous than crackers for dinner. Anyways, I just told him he knew I was sensitive and it was mean. He said I am mean to him sometimes too. Oh well ya know~~it will work out in due time....I hope!

BELLE!~~ I am so with you on pmsing....I'm sure that's why I was so angry before. About the sister...I had stuff to work out about my bf's sister too. my bf is very close to his sis and I got so jealous, I thought he might as well marry her!!! It was crazy...I even thought the same thing as you....at least he couldn't have sex with her! but, after awhile it wore off and now I like her and when she calls most of the time she only talks to me now!! I never had a sister too so I like being able to girl talk with her. however, I do think if your bf said he was going to pick you up from work he should have made that a priority and not told he he wasn't going to. I'm sure you guys will still have alone time. his sis probably already knows that she has to give you two alone time. the shock of it will wear off eventually and everything will be back to normal. hang in there and remember your belle time. stay strong! also, when i talked to my counselor about it at one point he told me for now i had to deal with being put in the backseat (hypothetically) but there will be a time when you should expect to be pit in the front seat.

okay now~~almost time for my callers to come in. have a good one everyone!

Last edited by Suz78; 04-18-2001 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread