Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 07:57 PM   #1  

Thumbs down

Hi Everybody

This is so cool. We're up to #51 thread!!!

Terri, you know how I feel about chinese food. I love it!! We eat it once a week but it always makes me retain water.

Jen, we always worry about our children. My son has been on his own since he was 22 & when I know he's going out on the weekend with his friends I worry. I don't ask too many questions. I just tell him to be careful.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Have a goodnight

Last edited by livingfit426; 04-16-2001 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2001, 05:07 AM   #2  

Goodmorning Terri, Jen, Dianne, Zoe, Joyce, Anita & Kelly,

How is everyone? I'm doing pretty good. Just checking in.

I'll be back this evening.
Have a great day
Old 04-17-2001, 10:12 AM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning!

Brrrrr....we had snow yesterday! Granted it was only a dusting, but I really hope this is the last of it, we need warmth!

Ok, time to fess up. I haven't been going to ww meetings, fell off the wagon about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. At the same time, I felt horrible not telling you guys.

I've been down this road many times before. This time I'm not looking at it in a negative manner. If I truly want to lose this weight, I must apply what I've learned, for the rest of my life, and simply do it. No membership, or meeting will do it for me.

Joe will have his first stress test (since the heart attack) this Friday. He feels good about it, I'm the one who's worried! He's been eating well (he's not into snacks like I am )and has been feeling well. Of course there's probably nothing to worry about, but it's just my nature to worry!

Hope everyone's well....have a great day.

~Jen
Old 04-17-2001, 04:24 PM   #4  

WOW! Number 51.
I didn't even realize that I had two replies on #50
on the second page.
You will do it Jen. It is so easy to fall off this wagon. I haven't done to great the last two days but I will get my butt in gear tomorrow. My son's birthday is today.
He is 10. My husband is picking up the cake in a little while.
Remember when Bruce took Brittany to the ER and they found a huge cyst (Biggest this Dr. ever saw)?
Well she has been doing the Birth Control therapy and it has not gone down at all. It takes up almost the whole pelvic region. They did an internal sonogram. They are going to
remove it on May 10. My mom, dad and sister will be here already for Britt's b-day and Brad's First Communion so that is good.
The thing that I hate the most is when the Dr. says "Most of these are benign." I do not like the words "MOST". I know they have to say that but I need words of encouragement.
We got back into the car and I looked over at her and big crocodile tears came down her cheeks. When her daddy found out he brought her a DVD of her favorite movie. He also
brought me a DVD of Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. He thought I was depressed, which I was.
Britt's Confirmation is Saturday.
Sorry for writing so long. I am a little overwhelmed by so much going on. I'll be fine, I just want to keep the eating under control. I have so far. Wish me luck.

Hang in there everyone! We will get it done in 2001.
Terri
Old 04-17-2001, 08:27 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Evening

Good Evening Y'all

Ok, here I am.......Monday's weigh in took away 7 pounds!!!!!! Yippee!! But I'll tell ya, this low carb stuff is just about killing me.....so my plan is to stick with it for this week, a total of 2 weeks and then I am back to the WW points system. There is nothing better or easier.

Gotta run.....sorry I can't address everyone's posts.
Terri, Jen, Dianne, Joyce, Anita, Kelly, Essie, have a wonderful evening.

Patti ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 04-17-2001, 11:23 PM   #6  

Terri~ hang in there, hon. I'm sure the Dr. really does mean that most of those cysts are benign. I had one removed (I looked like I was 4 mos. pregnant) and it was benign also. I'm sure Brittany will be okay. And you have to be strong for her because if she sees you fall apart, she will too. I'm sure you are overwhelmed and scared, she's your baby girl, but I really believe she'll be okay. You and your hubby can lean on each other and thank goodness you'll have family around as well. That will help. Happy birthday to your son.

Jen~ As most of us have done before, falling off the wagon is not hard to do. Heck, I've been under the wagon wheels, before, LOL. Plus, I think sometimes you just need a break from it all. So,you have you break and then you'll get back on track. If you think about it, its pretty overwhelming to think that we have to do this for the rest of our lives, so just take one day at a time and don't beat yourself up over it. You'll be fine.

Hi everyone else, hope you are all doing well. Talk to you soon.

Dianne
Old 04-18-2001, 12:51 AM   #7  

Thanks so much Dianne. It means a lot that you are there for me. I am sure it is benign too but I always have that "What if" going on in the back of my mind.

Patti,
Congrats on the loss. Love those first weeks on new programs. I think I might try a new one every week. Nah, probably won't work. CONGRATS!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Terri
Old 04-18-2001, 10:37 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Britt is blessed with loving parents, and will be surrounded by family when she goes through this. As her Mom, you will be her rock, she'll draw her strength from you. It's a scary thing for all the family to go through, but you will get through this, and I'm sure she'll be fine.

How has she been feeling? Is she in pain, has it been affecting her TOM? Talk about all aspects of it with her, she'll feel comfortable bringing up any doubts or fears she may have.

Please tell her that she will be in my prayers.

~Jen
Old 04-18-2001, 12:01 PM   #9  

Thanks so much Jen. You know how to cheer someone up.
Yes, last night she was in pain. Her TOM's are irregular anyway and they have been lighter with the BC pills.
The cyst takes up her whole pelvis. On the sonogram the senographer said it was bigger than her bladder.
We are going to spoil her so much. Her aunt and grandma will see to it. She is scared of the whole process. I didn't even have a pelvic exam until right before my wedding. I was 23. I can't imagine it at 14.
Her and I have been talking. She is a good kid.
Thanks for your kind words and prayers.

Terri
Old 04-18-2001, 07:13 PM   #10  

Terri, I am a strong believer in prayer. I have alot of faith. I've seen the healing power of God with my own eyes. I will be praying for Brittany & for you. It's normal to think the what if's but try not to think that way. It's going to be benign & that's it. Okay My Friend? One of my co-workers was worried about her 13 yr. old niece who had a cyst also. She had it removed & she's fine. Happy belated birthday to your boy. How was the cake?

Jen, want to talk about falling off the wagon Welcome to my world. It really has to come from within. We can't give up. I've done this so many times it's pathetic but I keep on keeping on. I have to. I fall but I get back up. For some reason I've been having such a hard time with this for the past year. I don't know what's wrong with me. All I can say is to take it one day at a time. Prayers for Joe. I'm sure he's going to pass his stress test.

Zoe, clap, clap, clap, clap clap!!! Way to go!!! 7 lbs gone!!! I would like to try the low carb but I know I'll give up right away. Pat yourself on the back for surviving week 1.

Hi Dianne

Well my buddies, hang in there.

Terri there will be an by Brits side.

God bless all of you,
Love, Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 04-18-2001 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2001, 08:14 PM   #11  

Hey Zoe/Patti: In my last post, I forgot to congratulate you on your 7 lbs lost. Way to go girl, that's is amazing.

And Jen : I forgot to wish your Joe good luck with his test on Friday.

Hope everyone else is okay -- Terri - you and Brittany are in my thoughts.

hi to everyone else. Have a great night.

Dianne
Old 04-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe, You deserve that great loss, you certainly earned it! I have to give you credit, you stuck with it and it worked for you. Wow, how does it feel to lose that much that quickly? I remember (way back when) the first time I joined ww....lost 7.6 the first week. Of course I was only in my early 30's, but a big loss like that certainly kick-starts a person! Again, great job

Essie, thanks, we are much stronger than we realize.....definitely not quitters. I'll continue to get up, and go for it again, as you will. There's nothing wrong with us.

Dianne, thanks to you also for the encouragement. I liked your version.....not just falling off the wagon, but being run over by it! I feel great, am focusing on just eating well and getting in exercise. I certainly can do this for life, and some days will be better than others.

This is my second week of yoga, and I think I may have finally clicked on something I really like, and can stick with. Granted, I've been doing it at home using videos, but I'm hoping our park district will offer it this fall, I'd love to take a class.

Terri, if the cyst is pressing against the bladder, that can be really uncomfortable. I had that happening before surgery, as the uterus was enlarged. Brittany will feel awesome after the surgery, I'm sure.

Hope everyone has a great day. Joe's test is tomorrow, after which we're having lunch and going shopping to get new walking shoes.

Anita, Joyce, Myra, how's it going Stop in and say hi!

love,
~Jen
Old 04-19-2001, 02:12 PM   #13  

Thank you sooo much Essie. Brittany will love her angel. You have made me feel better. I know it will be benign. My little cousin just had it done.

Thank you Jen and Dianne for your encouraging words.
I just wished we didn't have to worry about school. The surgery is 14 days til' school is out. They didn't want to wait. At least the boys will be busy while we are there.

Well, my sister is flying in tomorrow for Brittany's Confirmation (She is her sponsor). It will be a fun three days. Bruce said he will take the boys fishing Sunday so we can have girl time. Then her and her hubby and my parents will drive down in less than 2 weeks for Bradley's First Communion. Then 4 weeks after that my nephew graduates from High School. Lots of Milestones.

Happy Thursday Everyone!
Terri
Old 04-19-2001, 03:24 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Wow, Terri, May will really be a busy month for you. I love when there's lots going on like that.

There's nothing better than being with family, it'll be so nice for you to see yours. I hope everything goes smoothly.....you deserve it. Have fun!

~Jen
Old 04-19-2001, 07:16 PM   #15  

hi All

Terri, you're going to be quite busy the next couple of weeks. That's nice that you'll be having your family around.

Jen, happy to hear you're enjoying your Yoga videos. Exercise helps alot. Mentally & physically. I have to buy new sneakers this weekend. I'm going to start walking outdoors since it's getting warmer. Have a nice day with Joe

Hi Dianne, Joyce, Anita & Kelly.

Till tomorrow,
Essie
Closed Thread