Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
Tammy, would you please stop going up and down those stairs when no one else is there! Listen girl, we want you not to hurt.

So what's going on with the group?????
The GE repair guy came today. He pulled the frig out and cleaned all around it's fan. It was a mess. Now, it seems to be cooling fine. We have to wait a whole 24 hrs. to be sure it's going to work properly. If not, we'll have to buy a new one.

I've been scrubbing the kitchen floor and I'm so hot and tired. I'm sure I used lots of calories today.
Tina
Old 07-22-2004, 10:38 AM   #32  

It's hard not to do the steps when I know that the laundry needs to get done. I'm being very careful when I do.

How is your frig? Didn't you just get another new appliance not that long ago?

I'm going to mop our kitchen today. Band uniform fittings are later this afternoon. Those are my big Thursday plans. lol
Old 07-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #33  
Thursday Lady

Okay, Tammy----you be careful.
Yes, we had to buy a washer a couple of months ago. And, our frig is running better than it has in, I guess, a year. We are sooooo glad.

Oh boy, band uniform fittings.

What is everyone else doing these days? Sis, how are you feeling?????
Maureen, how are you???

We miss our Susan .
Old 07-22-2004, 05:18 PM   #34  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. This was my first week back to work. Man, have I been tired. I thought I was pretty much recouped but now I don't know. I have been totally exhausted all week! I guess maybe I have to get back in the swing of things but I hope it doesn't take too long. Other than that I have been doing fine. I really have to get my self under control as far as eating. I HAVE to get back OP and stay there! I've been trying to psyche myself into it but not having a lot of luck. Oh well, I will get there. I hope everyone else is doing well. I might not post a lot but I lurk at least every other day.
Glad your frig is doing well Tina. Take care of yourself Tammy. Have agreat day....Sis
Old 07-23-2004, 09:45 AM   #35  

Tina, that's great about the frig running better. Cheaper this way, right?

Sis, I'm sure you are exhausted getting back into the routine. Take it easy, and get some rest when you can. When I go back to school every fall, the first week is a bear because I'm so tired. So are the kids!! I can just imagine how you are feeling.

Keep coming and talking to us and we'll help you get psyched up!! (This from the woman that has gained the past 2 weeks! lol
Old 07-27-2004, 11:04 AM   #36  

Where Is Everybody?????????????????????????????????
Old 07-27-2004, 11:11 AM   #37  
Thursday Lady

I'm here, Tammy,
I'm really busy right now and worried about Larry's company "outsourcing" him. We thought we'd know something yesterday. Now, it's been put off until Thursday or Friday.
I go to my Family Dr. for my annual visit on Thursday. I can't imagine what my blood pressure will be.
Food wise----I'm trying to eat below 20 pts. each day until my visit. I ate about 16 pts. yesterday. I wasn't hungry or anything. If I buy and eat cottage cheese, I do good. That stuff really fills me up.

How is everyone?????
Tina
Old 07-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #38  

Wow I missed you guys the last few weeks, my older boy Mike got Final Fantasy 11 and has been playing online every night. Dan is in Nebraska with his dad and has been ICQ ing me big time.
Tina I don't know how I will ever be able to survive on 20 points, I am at 28 now and I really struggle some days. I could probably eat a few more points every day because my weight has been going down 2-3 pounds a week.
Tina I hate the way the system works now job security is a thing of the past. I will only tell you that our government laid a whole bunch of people off a few years ago then hired them back on contract for more money, so don't lose hope.
Tammy I hope you are feeling better, did you ever get a diagnosis.
Sis enjoy life and take it easy don't be too hard on yourself.
All: Do we have a baby yet, I am not sure when the due date is/was.
I'll try to keep in touch. Thanks for all the encouraging words.
Mimi
Old 07-29-2004, 09:34 AM   #39  

Tina, how are things going? Any word yet on Larry's job? How was the BP?

I was at the doctor on Monday. He was pleased with weight and BP. Still concerned about all the aches and pains. I went for more testing at the hospital on Tuesday. I'm ready to head out right now for an MRI. He is still thinking MS as a possibility. Depending on what the MRI shows, I'll probably be seeing a neurologist soon. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist Aug. 10. It's getting closer to school starting, and I'm really getting concerned about how I'm going to manage.

I will be at band camp chaperoning next week. The director has already given me orders that I will be driving his van when I shouldn't be walking, and I will be returning to the dorm to nap/rest while the kids have practice sometimes. There are enough chaperones going that it won't be a problem. He's a nice guy, and I think he's a bit concerned about me. lol
Old 07-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #40  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
Susan asked that I let everyone know what's been happening.
On July 13, she gave birth to a little, tiny boy, Seamus. There were a lot of problems with the baby and with Susan. So, she had an emergency C-section. He weighed 1 lb. 12 oz. at birth.
As you might guess, Susan and Pat have been spending as much time at the hospital as possible. They take it hour by hour. The baby has some good days and lots of bad ones. She asked that we keep them in our prayers.
Tammy, we still don't know anything about Larry's job. Supposedly, we'll know something tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.
Please let us know how you are doing? I hope the MRI will show something that will help the dr. make a diagnosis----that's not MS.
Sis, Maureen, Mimi, y'all hang in there and exercise and journal. WE can do this!!!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:34 PM   #41  

The gal at the MRI said that my doctor should have the results Fri. or Mon. I won't be home because of band camp, so I hope he gets the results on Friday.

Prayers for everyone in this group and their familes.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:23 AM   #42  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday,
Tammy, did you hear anything about your MRI????? Have a blast on your trip to band camp. I hope you don't get too hot.
Sis, how are you doing?
Maureen, it's time for you to post!!!
Mimi, thanks for the "pep talk" about the job market.

We now know that everyone will be outsourced. The contract will be negotiated next week and then they will interview everyone. We'll just have to wait to see if he gets on with them or has to go out and look.

Old 07-31-2004, 11:29 AM   #43  

The doctor's office called about the MRI. No signs that MS is my problem. Thank goodness. I do have an icky sinus infection that showed up. I didn't even know that I had it! Wierd!

Keep us posted about Larry's job. Things will work out for the best with all of the prayers headed his way!!!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 04:46 PM   #44  

Tammy; I am so happy that you didn't get "that" diagnoses. Thank God. Hey you never know, I have lots of clients that get very sick with just an infection. If it is like a lot of bacteria or viuses they produce toxins as well as an infection, so you can be very sick just from a simple infection. Drink lots of fluids and take your vitamins, and try to get enough calories to fight this thing off. Hope you had fun at band camp.
Tina; If you are talking to Susan again tell her my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. I will mentally picture Seamus one day pitching for the Blue Jays! Best of luck to you and Larry with the interviews next week.
All; I can't believe that it is the last of July already, It is beastly hot here and humid, feels like we are in the tropics, I hope it is cooler next weekend when I have to go back to Detroit to pick up my son.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:46 PM   #45  
Thursday Lady

Thank you to everyone for keeping us in your prayers. That means so much to me.
Tammy, I'm sooooo glad it wasn't "MS"

Mimi, I know where you are---it's so hot and humid here that everyone is staying indoors today. I haven't seen anyone out on our block.
We are grilling burgers tonight. I wish y'all could be here so we could party.
Tina
Closed Thread