3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 year olds#16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/40296-feisty-sexy-50-60-year-olds-16-a.html)

flaggies 05-06-2004 04:10 AM

Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 year olds#16

G'day all,

It was great to 'see' you again Ann sounds like you had an enjoyable time. Also nice to 'see' you Lily, a pity about the internet access being revoked but you can sort of understand the reasons.

Another hot day in Manila. I went to have a bit of a wonder through the department stores, everything is incredibly cheap but there also is a lot of rubbish. Whilst walking around I found a little store selling all pirated software, some of the software is over Aus$2000 in Australia and you can pick it up here for as little as Aus$1.50 :eek:. I got caught with some from India, some worked fine but others did not, so it is a risk that you take. I couldn't resist buying a cd with 6000 fonts, don't ask me what I am going to do with them but I just love fonts :D .
I sat down somewhere for something to eat, the only thing that sounded slightly familiar was teriyaki chicken. I ordered that with a bottle of water.
I was given a bowl of some sort of luke warm soup, I assumed that was what I had ordered but 10 minutes later the chicken was served with rice and a huge deep fried spring roll. I ate some of it and it was OK but a normal salad sandwich would have been nice :rolleyes: :shrug:

I will be off and check out my fonts.....

Cheers
Maria

marnie3 05-06-2004 08:52 AM

Hello all you wonderful Friends!

Ann, glad you're back and able to sleep in your own beddy-bye! Your trip sounded great, but 2 days coming and going! (hope you stopped for potty-breaks). :hat:

Maria, 6000 fonts? You'll be busy trying them all out. I love fonts, too. Your lunch was a little questionable??? I know what you mean about having something you're used to and is palatable! Sorry it's still hot! :dizzy:

Glenda, it's great that you're so close to your goal! :bubbles: :dancer: That barbeque will come off eventually. :coach: Thanks for your support!

Peggy, wish we could all come and help you carry boxes and things to your new home. Karen, you, too! What a hike though from MN to FL! Will you continue to work for WW? :goodluck:

Lily, sorry about your e-mails. I did get a couple "Demon Messages" that yours didn't go through - what a bummer! :rollpin: Thanks for the encouragement. I know I have to take it a day at a time - :coach: and you'd think with you and Karen who are the WW gurus, I'd be making better progress :kickcan: But I know I can, and will, do this. Even if it takes another year! I have 50 lbs to lose to get to my goal. :goodscale:

Trudy, you and Slavika are such good friends - isn't it great to have that strength and support (especially working with WW)! :cofdate:

BTW, I'm starting my 4th day as a new WW member! :encore:

:grouphug: Thanks everyone for helping me!

Marnie

:coffee2:

flaggies 05-06-2004 10:54 PM

G'day all,

Another day in paradise :( :rolleyes: :sunny:
It is 10.30 and we have only just had breakfast, nothing seems to happen until about midday and then until late ate night.
We attended a 'happy' hour (which lasted 4 hours!) last night at one of the flash hotels. There was a band there playing music from the sixties and seventies, it was good fun but I drank far too much and feeling a bit seedy this morning. This was my first and last 'happy' hour, not feeling too happy right this minute :D :D

I think it was Ann who asked why all the security, she is right in so far that there are some known terrorist cells here, the ones responsible for the Bali bombing, also the general elections are on this Monday and it is expected there will be some form of protests.
If you are Filipino you are not allowed to consume alcohol on the day of the elections, not sure the reasoning behind that!
There are 2 major contenders for the presidency, one is an educated person and the other is a movie idol. I was told last night that the educated in the community would not vote for the movie idol but that is only 20% of the population, the other 80% are likely to vote for the movie idol.
The previous president, who is now in jail, was also a movie idol but he always played the 'bad guy' so it is not surprising he was corrupt :D :D , the current movie idol always plays the 'good guy', so he should be allright!!!!!
What a way of thinking, Filipinos love their movie stars.

Marnie good for you with re starting WW. I think all the advice given here has been excellent. I am seriously thinking of re-starting when I am home for a little while.
I still cannot get over how greasy the food is here. We have a buffet breakfast and they cook an egg as you wait. I was watching them this morning and they start off with a big slurp of oil before adding the egg to be fried :eek: I stick mainly to fresh fruit and toast.

I have had a bit of look at all my fonts, they are great!

Have a good day all......

Cheers
Maria

Karen L 05-07-2004 09:59 AM

Maria fresh fruit makes a good breakfast. When you talked about the slurp of oil my stomach got quezzy. :( Sorry you wound up in such a hot yukky place. Don't like the sound of armed guards at the door. Sounds scarry :fr:

Ann good to have you home again. :cp: Thanks for the info on the parks. We will be stopping at yours when we go looking. Can't beleive my Husband has only one week of work left. :?: I think once your body get used to the B/P meds it will settle down and allow you to lose again. B/P meds always seem to do that. :shrug: But all will be well again. Keep the faith.

I have been sick again. Nothing to knock me out but just put a damper on my sprits. :( I have annother sinus infection. I knew last week I was getting it but just didn't have time to go to the Doctor. So went on Monday. Got 2 kinds of meds.

Marnie glad you are so determined. Just think when we go out to eat after the 12th of May we can go to Applebee's and find Points on the menu. I think that will give us all a boost. Don't you? :cb: :bravo: :dance:

Need to get my day started so will check in later.

Karen

slavika 05-07-2004 02:45 PM

Hi Everybody :grouphug:

Karen I was suffering with sinus for over a week and now I have a rotten head cold. My head feels like it's been stuffed with cotton. :(
Some people when they don't feel good, don't want to eat, but is that how I am???........nooooo!
It seems like I am thinking of all the comfort foods I have ever eaten in my life. Yesterday we had roast chicken and with it I made Kasha . It's made with cornmeal, eggs and milk and you bake it in the oven, and serve it with a bit of sour cream.
The whole recipe works out to 20 points and we have way more then half left so that was ok. :)
Maria the great thing about travelling as you and your DH do, is that you get to see how other cultures live, work and eat........well perhaps not eat. I guess in the hotels they serve more American type foods, or do they??? Years ago when DH and I went to a place in Mexico called Ixtapa on a winter holiday, we sure noticed that things did not taste the way "WE" thought it should. All the dairy products, tasted strange because their cows were fed differently then what we were accustomed to, and of course so did all the beef. We ate a lot of fish and seafood on that holiday. :lol:
Lily I'm going to miss your posts. I thought you had a computer at home, but maybe not. I know that Glenda doesn't but maybe I got that all mixed up too. :?:
Ann it's nice seeing you back on the board again. Do you enjoy travelling by car? The friend I see on Wednesdays just loves going on car trips. I don't mind travelling by car, but I sure like to stop lots of times during the trip for a break. My DH would get in the car and just drive and drive other then little pit stops for gas and nature. :(
Peggy I guess you are really busy getting ready for the move. Just think how nice and neat everything will be after you get rid of unwanted stuff. Is the house you are moving to, larger then the one you are in now? Marnie
it really doesn't matter how much weight each of us has to lose because getting to goal weight is simply another figure on the scale. When you are at goal weight you still have to count points (you will get a couple more each day), you still have to journal, drink your water, and plan your meals, or the weight will start to creep up again. Rather then thinking you have 50# to lose, maybe think to yourself that you would like to lose 5# by the end of June, then work on the next 5#. I know I will get this extra weight off Marnie, and you will too. :high:
We had the yard cleaning people out yesterday. Last year they came on April 13th, and honestly we still don't have spring time weather. Bye now.

flaggies 05-07-2004 09:10 PM

G'day all,

Karen sorry to hear about your sinus problems, it is quite a different headache when you have infected sinuses and the quicker you get it fixed the better.
My eldest sister, who has never smoked in her life, has been diagnosed with having emphysema.:eek: She thought she had a bit of a cold, couldn't get rid of her cough and just felt yucky. Anyway she ended up having xrays and that was the diagnosis. Apparently there are lots of things you can do to slow down any further damage to the lungs.
Living in Manila would not help a lot.....the pollution :fr: :stress:

and Slavika you also feeling not that well :( . What you said about the weight thing is so true......
You are right about the food, even the Western type food has a sort of oriental type odour and taste about them.
We did have a lovely meal last night at some exclusive little restaurant. I really looked the part wearing my sneakers :dizzy: but it is the only thing I can walk in for any length of time.

We also discussed what we would if they are going to pressure us to live in Singapore for any length of time. We have decided that we go home at the end of the month and we will stay firm that if they want us back, they HAVE to provide a serviced apartment. We are prepared to retire a year earlier if they don't come to the party.
Yesterday I have found a new 'hobby', making stationary for emails :) It is very addictive and I have several now on file.
I must email you all soon just to show off!!!!

We have 3 days off and will do a bit of exploring. I usually write quite lengthy emails to family and close friends, I will include all of you as well, I can show off my new stationary and tell you of our adventures!!!

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers
Maria

LilyG 05-08-2004 01:09 AM

Sorry to hear of all the allergies problems. Glad I dont have that problem.

Slavika: I do have a puter at home. Its just when I get home during the week, there really isnt much time. I do turn it on to get email and thats about it. Now on Weekends its a different story. If I'm home its on alllllllllll day long. I use to love eating lunch and reading the posts. Now I cant :(

~sigh~

I do not have a clue as to why my email is bouncing. Think this place was hit hard on the latest virus. Guess I need to look for a new one. Sorry Marnie!

marnie3 05-08-2004 02:46 PM

It's Saturday!

Hi all: :wave:

Just a little note to say Hi and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! :cheer:

DS is taking us out for dinner tonight for Mother's Day :hun: I plan on ordering walleye, wild rice and steamed veggies - starting with either (or both) shrimp cocktail and/or tossed salad.

I am on day 6 as a "new" WW member. I truly appreciate all your help and advice. :thanks:

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marnie

:coffee2:

Lizziepie 05-08-2004 03:13 PM

Hi All: Just a quick 'Happy Mother's Day' for all you mothers, Aunts, Grandmas, and anyone who has ever taken care of kids.

This has been a typical Sat. for me. cleaning, shopping, and just resting in the p.m. a little T.V. and reading. i have a new Anne Perry book that I have trouble putting down. We have our small group tomorrow night, and i have to do snacks, so i made a jellied shrimp cocktail. You might like it.

Jellied Shrimp Cocktail

1 package lemon sugar-free jello
1 TBS lemon juice
1 cup boiling water
1 cup chili sauce(or today I used low carb catsup)
1/4 cup diced celery
1 or 2 6 oz. cans of shrimp. (I used two of the tiny shrimp as we like a lot of shrimp)
2 TBS. horseradish

Dissolve the jello, and then add the rest of the ingredients, and pour into a ring mold. Enjoy with some whole wheat crackers.

I haven't figured the points, but I think it would be quite low per serving.

Have a great weekend. Ann

Trudy 05-09-2004 02:02 AM

Happy Mother's Day

Hi everyone... hope we all have a wonderful Mother's Day. My DD and family are coming over and we are really looking forward to the day. My DH said we should order take out and that is just fine with me. I don't relish the idea of going to a buffet, and I don't want to cook. This way I can spend a lot of time with my family. My DD sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers on Friday. I have been feeling quite low, missing my Mom.
My DH's sister and husband are staying with us on a bit of a holiday. They arrived on Thursday and will be with us until next Sunday. This is my first time on the pc since they arrived. It has been busy around here. They took us out for a lovely dinner tonight. My points were quite high today.. I figure around 35. I hope I don't do too much damage this weekend. With any luck I will stay the same, but if I don't ... that is okay, I will perservere.

I cannot sleep tonight so I thought I would come and see what is up with my friends and wish all of you a wonderful day. It is 1:00am here so I had better try and get some sleep. Bye for now.

flaggies 05-09-2004 08:23 PM

G'day all,

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day. Both my children managed to ring me despite dh loosing his mobile (cell) phone. :mad:

I guess it is understanding you were feeling a bit sad Trudy this would have been your first Mothers Day without your own mother.
I am so with you on deciding to have it at home instead of some buffet luncheon.
Mothers Day is obviously a huge event here, I couldn't believe the decorations and the buffet that was prepared here in the hotel.

Off to visit the American War Memorial in Manila, it is about 6 km from where we are staying.

I will be sending a 'mass' email tonight.

Cheers,
Maria

Lizziepie 05-09-2004 10:32 PM

Hi all;
Maria: I'm wondering if there will be anything about General MacArthur at the Manila War Memorial. When we were on our trip we visited his tomb and museum in Norfolk Virginia. It was very interesting, and he spent a lot of time in the Philippines. Quite an interesting man.

got phone calls from my girls, a lovely aZalea plant from one daughter and a package from the other which hasn't arrived yet. A nice ecard from one of DH sons. Which was very thoughtful.

We had planned to go to a favorite restaurant for lunch, after church, but when we got there at 11:30a.m. it would be about an 1 hr.1/2 wait, so we changed our plans and went to a little fast food Italian restaurant where the food is very good. We'll do the other place on an off day.

Hope you all had a great day. Ann

LilyG 05-10-2004 12:57 AM

Trudy: {{{Hugs}}} Its understandable. This is your first one. Hope you enjoyed your day. Hang in there. Holidays are always hard.

Well we went on a Art tour today. Many Artists, Saw them make Pottery and glass. I just bought some earrings made out of Fused glass. Very Pretty. Was a fun day!

Best get to bed. Way past my Bedtime :)

Hope you all had a great Mothers Day!

flaggies 05-10-2004 04:15 AM

G'day all,

Ann You must have known that I was thinking particularly of you and your dh whilst we were at the war memorial.
It was very moving and interesting.
This was one of the dedicatory inscriptions:

IN PROUD REMEMBRANCE OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF HER SONS AND IN HUMBLE TRIBUTE TO THEIR SACRIFICES THIS MEMORIAL HAS BEEN ERECTED BY THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1941 - 1945

I have taken a lot of photographs and will put them on a website for you to see.
It will have to wait until I get home again.

Sounds like you had a fun day Lily.

I bought dd a Rolex (fake :D ) watch and her dh the latest Adidas watch also a fake.....of course ;)
The shopping area we went to had heaps of fake everything :cp: , might get myself a Louis Vuiton bag sometime this week.

Cheers
Maria

slavika 05-10-2004 06:04 PM

Hi Everybody :grouphug:
Sounds like you all had a nice day yesterday. I too, had a wonderful Mother's Day. My Son called after he and his family returned from church and said he would pick me up and go to my church with me, which he did. It was nice to have him by my side since the service was a "Mother's Day"
kind of one. He looked so nice, all 6" 3" of him, and was so sweet, a lovely way to start Mother's Day. He dropped me off and then met his family at his wife's parents home and then he and his family came here around 4:30. I said I would cook this year as my dil has done it for several years having both DH and I and her parents over. I cooked a pot roast, which I am sad to say turned out like shoe leather. I don't know why, it looked like a lovely piece of meat at the market. :( DH and son got a ice-cream cake for us from the local Dairy Queen......now that tasted just wonderful, although I only had small piece. :) My dil bought a bracelet for me that is made out of tiny little "picture frames" and put in a picture of each of the grandchildren in two of the frames. My son is going to scan and down size four more pictures (that I would like) and she will put them into the bracelet too. :love: It was a really sweet gift and I love it. The grandchildren of course thought that this was just wonderful that I could wear pictures of them around my wrist.
Before I forget, Trudy has a problem with her computer. There has been damage to her mother board and her sil will have to replace it for her, so she is off line for the time being. :(
Maria my nephew and his wife were in New York a while back and he brought his Mother a Louis Vuiton hand bag back, and I thought it looked great. Now that I think of it, my DIL is going to New York with my son on Wednesday until next Sunday, maybe I could have her get me a "knock off something". :lol:
Ann looks like a good recipe, thanks for posting it.
Well gals, it's nearly time for DH to get home from the office, so I better go. Tomorrow is weigh in at Weight Watchers, we'll see how that goes after this weekend. ;)