Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Sugar Free Thursday

I resisted the biscuit basket at Red Lobster and I didn't even crave them! This has helped ooodles with cravings... Sorry to brag, but this is a huge victory for me! I am so motivated right now

I am going to a friends tonight to watch the "Friends" finale and Survivor

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #2  
Proud Canadian

Ali - way to go! That's a hard battle to win - the battle of biscuit basket - keep going with that great motivation!!

I had my dentist appointment last night and it took forever and I didn't have a chance to eat beforehand and couldn't eat after and went to volleyball. By the time I was done I was STARVING! I was good though, I had some chocolate milk which is a bit of a treat but still within points and a banana muffin that my roomie made and it helped me go to bed not hungry and still within the points range. I realized this morning that TOM is just about here and I have to WI with water weight this weekend. My hope is that I am still down. Even if it's point 1 down cause then I'll know I'm doing alright. Tonight is pasta/game night with my friends. The pasta is easy to avoid but when someone brings cheezies...I will try to avoid them by reminding myself of the sodium and my desire to not bloat for the weekend. So that's all for a boring day. I will go for a hike on my lunchbread because it's beautiful up here today and that will make me feel better about the pasta tonight.

Come on out and play everyone!!

KT
Old 05-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #3  

Default It's a Miracle!!!

I have been trying to post in a thread for weeks now. I do not know what happened but when I would log on to post it would not allow me. This mesage would come up about how I do not have that privilege. I FINALLY changed my username and established a new hotmail account all so that I could post again. This has been SOOOO frustrating. Ok I will now read today's posts and come back. Glad to b e back ladies. BTW this is Grace, Grace (Becky).
Old 05-06-2004, 02:33 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Well, Becky - welcome back!! What have you been up to?

KT
Old 05-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Again!

I posted late yesterday and it's late again today...

KT--I almost peed when I read your "Battle of the Biscuit Basket"--that's hilarious! I wish I had some of your "goodness" when it comes to eating. My first time on WW, I had it. I'm so proud for you that you you stayed disciplined when you were famished. I really struggle in those situations and almost always blow it. Way to go!!

Ali--YAY on resisting the biscuits--those are tasty little buggers and that was quite an accomplishment. Good job!!

Becky--Sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble getting on the site, but I've been thinking about you, wondering how you're doing. Glad to see you!

Well, not much happening. I'm frustrated with myself--I had yesterday all planned and when I got home from Subway, I had a bag full of broken cookies for Aaron. He wasn't home, so I ate two of the cookies and had a glass of milk. I'm trying to figure out why I did it. I just ate them without thinking and I don't know how to keep myself from doing something like that again. Those Subway cookies are a major struggle for me... Tonight, I have to get my oil changed and I'm going to either take a walk outside, go to the Y, or do a WATP tape. At least there won't be any Subway cookies at home to tempt me.

I hope you guys all continue to have a great, OP day!!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:23 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Jess - I was just popping in when I saw your note and I thought of myself. I very often do crap like that. I order a cheesecake knowing full well I'll eat the whole thing. I am hungry so I grab some of DF's junk food to eat and sit and eat it, blankly. Why do we do it? Emotional eating? Sometimes I think to myself that if I eat what DF eats it can't be any big deal b/c he is thin. But if I truly ate what he eats I'd be 300lbs or more - easy. Still, I do those things.

Anyway, you aren't alone. If you figure out why you do it, let me know.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:34 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Hey Jess and Belle - don't get me wrong...it was a HUGE struggle not to buy a bag of chips and chocolate bar when I got my chocolate milk and if there had been any junk food in the house, I would have eaten it. I'm lucky though cause there isn't any right now.

My new little mantra has been stolen from Ali - BTW - thanks Ali - I read her comment in her signature and when I start to think about what I should and shouldn't be doing or eating, I say to myself..."I never regret a workout" - then I think, if I do something, will I regret it? Doesn't always work - I still end up ordering the cheesecake or whatever every now and then but sometimes it makes me think before I go ahead and order - I'm trying to be REALLY motivated for the Kier's wedding challenge. Then once I get there, I will motivate myself for a "Belle's Wedding" challenge or maybe a "back to school" challenge. Then maybe a "rest of my life" challenge...

KT

PS - Booked my tickets today - YAY!! Has anybody ever flown Northwest air? Did you like them?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #8  

I am just now getting back on and I only managed to read a few posts. Work has been crazy. I have taken on some adult clients along with children so I am ALWAYS working. Anyways, I am doing well. Marriage is still wonderful. DH is sending me to FLorida with my sister. I am SO excited. I think we will miss each other but he knows that my sister and I will have a blast. We are headed for West Palm Beach. I cannot wait. I will be there for about 5 days.

As far as WWer's goes I started South Beach BUT I hope that I can still post here. I was just realizing that I wasn't sticking to my points at all and just wasn't motivated so I decided to mix things up a bit. I have lost 11 lbs. so it is definitely working for me. I think everyone just has to find their own niche. Well I am going to head home now but thanks for welcoming me back and I am hoping that I don't become blocked from posting again. I really don't know what that was all about. Hmm I wonder if it could have been the internet police from this end of things.....kinda scary. Oh well

Ali~ The Red Lobster Rolls! I am truly astonished at your will power

KT~ Great job making a good choice when you were starving. That is the hardest time. BTW where are you going (the tickets)?

Jess~ Don't you hate that feeling, the whole mindless eating thing is a difficult habit to break.

Belle~ Hi!
Closed Thread