3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Fabulous 40's and then some...#153 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/36001-fabulous-40s-then-some-153-a.html)

Jenny523 01-30-2004 09:53 AM

Fabulous 40's and then some...#153

Brrrr....it's so cold here! Temp. was -8 degrees this a.m., with wind chills at -30 degrees. I don't even want to leave the house today. This evening is my once a month volunteer night, I'm hoping they cancel :crossed:

Terri, hats off to Bruce for pursuing his doctorate. That's awesome..and a great example to set for the kids.

Es,hope you enjoyed your snow day and stayed cozy :)

Dianne, our resort was all-inclusive. I believe most of them are in Punta Cana. This was the first time we tried one, and it's a great way to vacation.

Ruth, hope your classes are going okay. Those grandbabies are growing up so quickly!

Sandy, how was the movie?

Brandon is doing well; they implanted the tubes and removed his adenoids. They'll come tomorrow to pick up Matthew.
Is anyone doing anything special for Super Bowl? Joe and I will have a quiet evening here. I love watching the commercials.

stay warm everyone!
~Jen

EsRios426 01-30-2004 08:45 PM

Hi Jen,

I always stay home for the Super Bowl. Pete has to work & I'll be in bed early. No big deal for us. Enjoy your quiet time with Bruce. Did you have a nice time on your vacation? It's cold here too. Glad to hear Brandon is doing well.

I'm so tired. Be back tomorrow. :yawn:

Love,
Es

dlzbth 01-30-2004 10:40 PM

hey, you guys! do you remember me? This is Donna. I finally in July joined WW online and I have lost 25 pounds. I am going for the goal of 5 more or even more than that would be nice. Since the holidays I have been experiencing alot of discouragement and just two weeks of being out of town has done a lot of damage. But... things are looking up and I am feeling like I'm back on track. Are you all still doing WW? I'm sorry that I just dropped off but was having problems staying in touch. It makes a big difference to finally put your money where your mouth is either by joining meetings or in my case doing WW online. Do you all like the flex points? I do. It was confusing at first for me because I couldn't see how having that many points to use if I wanted to was going to enable me to lose weight but I have been so it does work. LOL :) Well, keeping this short. I hope you all are well and happy. Of course I'm pulling for the Carolina Panthers this weekend. :lol: :lol:
Take care!
Donna

EsRios426 01-31-2004 08:09 AM

Hi Girls:wave:

Welcome Back Donna!!! WW online is so cool, isn't it? I love it. I rejoined to get the new materials but will stay with WW online. It's much easier for me than having to go to meetings. Don't get me wrong, I like the meetings alot & I find them to be very supportive but I just can't seem to get there. Hope you come back to us. Congrats on your loss! ;)

Yesterday, we went to the chinese buffet. :rolleyes: I think I might have used up all my flex points. My NEW weigh-in day is Wednesday. Pete got a new car so we've been doing a lot of running around trying to get it on the road. There was a little bit of a problem with the bank but we got it straightened out. He got a Jeep Cherokee(sp?) This is our first truck. It's so nice. I feel like trading in my Sonata for a jeep but a smaller one. I like the Vitara's. I find them so cute.

I will be back this evening. Have a great day my friends. :grouphug:

Love you all,
Es

Sandancy 01-31-2004 08:13 AM

Hi buddies, :wave:

Did anyone try to chat last night? Mike and I were out to see another play in our subscription series. It was called "Bad Dates". It is a one woman show with a lot of shoes.

I lost 0.8 this week. It is the right Direction, so I am happy. :)

We have a busy weekend lined up between set building for Mame and some church activities. The youth choir is performing "Into the Woods" tonight as a fundraiser.
Superbowl at Mike's brother's house. He has a new big HDTV to watch. Of course for us it is the Patriots. WooHoo!
Hi Jen, Welcome back to Iceland, I hope you are keeping warm. How is Brandon today?

Great work Donna, you will lose your last 5, this is the place for support!

Hugs to everyone,Sandy
:grouphug:

dpadro 01-31-2004 11:45 AM

Hi guys:

Just a quick post to welcome back Donna - :bravo: on your 25 lbs. loss - that is awesome!

Jen - Yeah, doesn't it suck to come back to this weather? How is Brandon doing?

Es - congrats to you and Pete on the new truck and good luck with it :cheers:

Sandy - congrats on your .8 loss - good job!

Well, I stayed the same this week, which is better than gaining right? I'm still trying to reach that 10 lbs mini-goal and now have .8 ozs to go to do it. Oh, well, I guess I should'nt sweat the small stuff, I'll get there when I get there. I have to remember that I have lost 9.2 lbs and that feels good.

I'm off to babysit for Darren and Lizette's kids - they went to Las Vegas to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Its so funny, they have babysitting "shifts" scheduled. Last night Lizette's cousin stayed with the kids and I'm relieving her at 2:00 today and then Lizette's mom is relieving me at 2:00 tomorrow :lol: Maybe there's a reason for that - like maybe no one can deal with them for more than 24 hrs. :s: Hopefully, I'll get a dose of "the Jessa" today too, since they only live 10 mins from Darren's house. ;)

Well, I'll try to get back in here tomorrow night - oh, and Jen, don't "stone" me or anything, but I don't watch football - superbowl or otherwise and have no idea who's playing - but hope you and everyone else who likes it, enjoys the game.

Hi Terri, Ruthie, ZoeGirl, Janie and RedandRound :wave:

Hugs,

Dianne

points 01-31-2004 04:45 PM

Hi guys! I haven't been on because Bruce was in an accident on Tuesday. He is OK now. The van was totaled. Luckily it was our old van. It was a high school junior that was speeding in front of the school and she rammed into him (at least 40 MPH) while he was sitting still in traffic and there ended up being a 5 car incident. He hit the car in front of him which hit the car in front of him which hit the car in front of him until finally the 5th car was hit. Bruce was pushed clear across the street and they all said he was VERY lucky. His front seat broke and the doors were all knocked open. He had taken off his seat belt right before to get something and he saw her coming and he ended up in the back seat. The insurance agent, where the girl's parents also go, said that the dad was madder than a wet hornet. I can only imagine. This girl also smashed into the side of Vehicle no. 3 before it was all done.
The ambulance took him to the hospital but fortunately there were no breaks. His body was very sore for a few days. He is out looking for a truck. Britts can drive it too until she gets a car. She will get her liscense this spring.

Jen,
Glad you had an awesome time.Sounds wonderful and with a loss on top of all that. CONGRATS! I'll bet Joe didn't care that you were not thinner by vacation. You have from now on to get it off and I know you can do it.
Good luck to Brandon. Enjoy Brandon.

Sandy,
I am so glad Greg has these friends and Dianne is so right that you are so lucky he is coming to you. So many kids turn their parents away.
Congrats on the loss. Great.

Es,
You might as well appreciate the snow and think it is pretty since it isn't going away for awhile. Hope it is warmer though. We are freezing here with the 20's and 30's. Cold for Alabama.
Tell Pete congrats on his new toy. :cool:

Donna,
Hi, Congrats for being back on track. With us you will do it. Can't wait to hear more from you. Go Panthers. I do like the kicker on the Patriots though. :lol:

Dianne,
Enjoy the kids. That is scary that the sitters have to change out each day. :lol: The kids won't get bored either. That is nice that Darren and Lizette have people they can trust. Remember a maintain is better than a gain. Congrats.

I lost 1.8# I was happy with that. I woke up Friday so bloated and I was glad it was all gone this morning. I hate that. I weighed myself Friday and I was up 4 pounds and then reweighed Sat. morning before the meeting and was back down 5. Weird!!!!! That is a lot of water.
I plan to use my flexpoints tomorrow for our Super Bowl Party. Only my family will be there but my kids like to call it a party. :lol: And then SURVIVOR ALLSTARS. Can't wait.

Terri

Jenny523 01-31-2004 10:28 PM

Terri,
Thank goodness Bruce didn't suffer any serious injuries from that accident. What a nightmare; it's probably a good thing he was in a van rather than a smaller vehicle. Great loss ! :cp: Good job!

Es,
Have fun with the new jeep! I drive a small Toyota, am looking to replace it with an suv. I find myself at a distinct disadvantage when I'm in parking lots, etc...it's like being in a canyon of larger vehicles. I prefer to drive Joe's van, better view and higher up.

Dianne,
Hope you enjoyed your babysitting. Great hours :D Good job on the maintain. I don't have a favorite for the game...well, maybe Carolina. But I would NEVER "stone" you for not watching :lol:

Sandy,
Good loss! :cp: Enjoy SuperBowl at your BIL's. thanks for the welcome back to Iceland...good description :lol:

Donna,
I do remember you...welcome back and GREAT JOB on the loss!! Keep in touch.

Brandon's procedures went well. He's a real trooper :love:

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. We're in a real cold snap. Thank goodness I received a call yesterday cancelling the volunteer work last night! Since we're both battling colds, we're looking forward to staying in tomorrow and keeping warm.

~Jen

EsRios426 02-01-2004 08:16 AM

Hi Buddies:D

Terri, OMG thank God Bruce is OK!! I tell you my next car is going to be a SUV. I feel safer in one. How is he feeling? I remember last year David was hit from behind while waiting for the light to change. They never caught the guy. Days later his back started hurting him. He had to go for PT for months. I hope Bruce's soreness won't last too long.

Jen, glad to hear Brandon is fine. If I was your neighbor I would bring over some homemade chicken soup for you & Joe. Enjoy the Superbowl.

Dianne, how's the babysitting going? We're in the same boat when it comes to football. Jen could stone the two of us. :lol:

Sandy, have fun today. Congrats on your losss. A loss is a loss. ;) :cp:

Donna, I love the flexpoints. I usually use 5 a day. I haven't been exercising with all the running around but this is a new month & I have to get my routine back. 25 lbs. is awesome!!!!! :dancer: Keep it up. Don't be a stranger.

Zoe, Ruth, Janie, where are you guys? :?: We miss you.:grouphug:

Happy Super Bowl to all you football fans!

Hugs,
Es

Why do my attachments come out so small? I look at others & their attachments are much bigger. :(

Jenny523 02-01-2004 09:38 AM

Es,
Thanks for the chicken soup thoughts :D
Tomorrow is our Day One. Due to the weather, we've decided to do the WATP tape to start, and vary it with walking outdoors when weather permits. We walked so much during our vacation, and it felt great. We're determined to keep it up here at home.
I've got to dig out my WW materials, see how many points Joe gets, etc. Today is prep day...am going to plan the meals for the week and make a grocery list.
Everyone's attachments look small; if you click on it, it enlarges them.
While in Punta Cana we got up early one morning to watch the sunrise over the beach. It was a bit cloudy but beautiful; am attaching a photo of it that I took.

HI :wave: to everyone. Terri, hope Bruce is doing ok :grouphug:

~Jen

Sandancy 02-01-2004 04:42 PM

Hi Ladies, :wave:

Dianne, staying the same is definitely a good thing too. This is a lifelong proposition we are all working on, so slow but sure is the way to do it.
Terri, I was wondering why we hadn’t seen any notes from you for a few days. Bruce’s accident had to be so frightening. It sounds as if he was really lucky considering how bad it was. Thank God that he is ok. I hope that he will heal quickly from any after effects. Oh yes, congrats on your 1.8, good job!

Es, Congrats on the new jeep, I wish you both many years of safe driving in it.

Jen, Take care of your colds, get better soon. I love your picture of the sunrise, I can hardly wait sometimes for a chance to travel with Mike. We have to be patient until Greg is off to college though.

Hi Ruth and Donna, I hope you are having a good weekend.

You know the Superbowl halftime commercials cost 100,000 each originally, but now they are up to 2 million for a 30 second spot. I look forward to seeing them every year.
We are getting ready to go to my BIL’s for the Superbowl. I made some quesadilla’s and will definitely be using some flexpoints tonight. This week at WW our leader stressed that it doesn’t matter what you do at one event, but what your next move is after that. I think it is all about strategy and making sure that we enjoy life.

Greetings to Zoe, Janie, we miss you
:grouphug:
Hugs to all,
Sandy

dlzbth 02-01-2004 11:22 PM

Thanks for the welcome back you all! Of course I pop in and then the next day I'm so sick I can't even get online to respond so you all must of thought I was gone again! LOL No, just hit with a awful stomach flu that I sure pray none of you have.

That was some game wasn't it?? Even though the Panthers lost no one could complain about it being exciting. And was it just me or was the half time a little shall we say "bare" LOL Oh my... I guess I'm getting too old. LOL :shrug:

Terri, I am so glad your dh was not hurt. What a shock just sitting there minding his own business. I feel for the child's parents.

The only good thing about being sick is that you lose weight... What a way to lose it though. I am not counting it though I'm going to continue for Wednesday that is my weigh in day and we will see if I can maintain it.

Well, have a good rest of the weekend and thanks again for the welcomes!

:cheers:
Donna

points 02-02-2004 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone. :thanks: Bruce is doing fine. He is walking normally again.

Dianne,
Hope you feel better. Good luck at weigh-in.
That game was great. I love close games like that. I think Adam Vinatieri is so cute. He did it again.

Sandy,
You are so right about parties. I used about 18 flex points and I am back to my daily eating. It is so great that I can eat and enjoy and still be on the plan. I am a little bloated cause of the salt I ate but I feel good. I will drink lots of water and get rid of it and that is that.
Hope you had fun.

Jen,
I am so glad Brandon did ok. Poor little guy. I remember my Brandon, at 5 yrs. old, when he got his adenoids out and tubes put in. He went beserk when he saw the IV in his hand. He wanted it out and he was wild. So unlike him. That anesthesia affected him. It was scary. He was fine with the second set of tubes cause there wasn't an IV. Thank goodness. Did you see Survivor? I loved Colby's face when Jeri came out. I wish Tina didn't leave.

Es,
Bruce's soreness didn't last to long. It lasted about 5 days. I hope nothing flares up.

I hope everyone has a great week.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523 02-02-2004 11:59 AM

Terri,
I did catch the look on Colby's face when he saw Jerri...it was great :s: I was sorry to see Tina go also. This will be verrry interesting! Glad Bruce is feeling well.

Donna,
Hope you're feeling better. Your loss is inspiring; do you have any hints or secrets to your success? The SuperBowl game was better than the ads this year. It's a shame everything centers around sex now. That may sound prudish, but oh well....

Sandy,
The advice from your leader was very good. I've blown things out of proportion many times, anticipating events that would "sabotage" being on program...."This week at WW our leader stressed that it doesn’t matter what you do at one event, but what your next move is after that." And to be followed up with Terri's "I will drink lots of water and get rid of it and that is that. " This is something to live by....handle what comes up and move on. It ties in with Dianne's "life gets in the way sometimes" philosphy. It is about strategy and being positive.

I've got tons to do, errands to run. We're anticipating a snowfall today thru tomorrow of 2 to 5 more inches, followed by freezing rain. Yuck....I want to be back on the island! :lol:

HI :wave: Es, Dianne, Ruth, Zoe

~Jen

points 02-02-2004 12:11 PM

Jen,
I'll bet you wish you were back on that island. It sounds so cold there. Bundle up.
Did you believe Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson?
Star, on the View, said she didn't think it was planned.
Come on she had a pasty on her breast and Justin knew the
top gave way. Please. It was so planned.
Justin said he didn't know that would happen. I mean the song said I will get you naked by the end of this song. Real family entertainment. NOT!!!!!

Terri