View Poll Results: What would you rather do?
Work less hours for the same salary 7 33.33%
Work the same hours for more money 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 11:22 AM   #16  
Running Babe

Kirsty: yeah, I thought so, our clocks go forwrad this weekend I think... Grr, because I have a busy weekend planned out. Oh well, I like that the days are getting longer though.

Tonya: Undoubtedly these next 5 weeks are going to be some of the most stressful in my life (for now anyway, I am moving, starting the pill <I am very irregular TMI I know>, graduating, hopefully getting to goal, looking for a job) so the last thing that I need to do is to sabatoge it by taking on too much or worrying about needless things.

Trish: *hugs*, I am sorry about all that is happening. I hope everything goes well at the Doctor, take care okay.

Lisa: I was in a theatre group when I was younger with ray Bourque's niece. It was funny, we went on tour during the playoffs, and right then the Montreal Canadians were playing the Bruins (this was way back in '91 when the Canadians didn't suck), so we all had to be very good about not bashing the Bruins too much around her (we were all from Montreal). That's one cool thing about living in Montreal, you tend to meet a ton of people related to Hockey players (my brotehr's good friend is the nephew of a guy on the LA Kings or was at least).

Belle: that sounded so sweet what he did in the end. Guys are confusing though, maybe the mars/venus thing is true.

Sarah: That's great though, I am learning to make goals in other areas of my life and I have found that it helps overall. It will be fab when you get to goal 1.8lbs down is fabbo!!

Kay: yeah I am finally learning how to order baked potatoes and stuff instead of fries. This weekend though I am getting my french fries fix. We went to a kick@ss pub a few weeks ago, and I am thinking about going back there. the Food was amazing!!

Brenda: I hope you feel better.

See you all later

Ali
Old 03-26-2001, 11:24 AM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Just a quickie

IM on my way to class but i had to pop in
Trish its not TMI its life and say wahtever you want happy sad or whatever we are herer for ya
Stacy I LOVED bridget jones i ahve to find the other book
Ali good job on the goals
Kirsty where did you find the bubbles avatar? i want a buttercup
belle if he wants to put constrictions on your relationship like seeing eachother twice a week make sure you are busy when he calls any extra times
Quick qestion is eating midrange going between 0 points and your highest or the 2 #s in the journal?
Old 03-26-2001, 12:12 PM   #18  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Hi Everyone, I am posting at work(MORE screw ups with my internet at home!!!) so this will be quick....

The move went well, not to many casualties(1 lamp and some wheels on a dresser) I hauled so many boxes, i hope that it shows at WI this week!!! I am getting very excited I am leaving for Vancouver on Wednesday and won't be back until the following Thursday, so I hope that everyone has a great 2 weeks

Trish, I know that everyone here is thinking about you, this will sound so cliche but things always happen when you stop trying and least expect it, this is not supposed to sound snarky, but maybe if you let some of the pressure you are putting on yourself go it will be easier

Belle, WOW, maybe you laying things out for him opened his eyes, I hope that things keep on the right track for you!!!

KO, midrange is the number between your 2#'s!!!

To everyone who watched the Oscars....did ya see Bijork's(sp) dress....truly the worst outfit I have ever seen!!!!! And as far as Russell Crowe goes, he sat there looking like he was pizzed off that he had to be there????

Brenda, Get better soon...I am with you on the allergies, some days I feel like my head is going to explode!!!

Tilley, way to go for getting back on track yesterday!!!

Sarah, congrats on the loss

Lolly, I can see why there is much hype for Javier in Spain what a hottie.....I know that you wanted a description of the new apartments so I will try and put it up tomorrow!!!

Well, I have already spent too much time in here gotta go, to everyone that I missed SORRY, but it doesn't mean that I forgot you!!! Have a great week

Steph
Old 03-26-2001, 12:39 PM   #19  

Default Mars and Venus

Hello Ladies!!!!!

Well even though it is Monday I am in pretty good spirits

First, they announced on Friday my departure from work....oh did I tell you I got my acceptance letter from grad school I was in such a good mood this weekend bf was getting irritated!

We went out for chinese food Friday night and bf told me that he think our relationship has shifted into a new level of comfort. He said he finds himself "enjoying my company more and feels more in love with me that ever." Well, my heart was definately touched. We've been officially living together for 2 weeks now. However, he did say he think that I don't cuddle with him as much. I don't think that is the case though. I think he feels that because I have been so exhausted coming home at 9pm every night so I usually go right to bed. I think it's more that we haven't seen each other much or spent quality time together. Not much hochmagandy either

So anyways, Belle~ Wise people tell me it takes a lot of hard work to have a good relationship. Sounds like you and your bf are doing your fair share That's awesome that he was so sweet

Kirsty~ yes I find myself losing weight when I am not starving....you are compltetly right!

Ali~ you are so smart with your studies! Look at all you have accomplished....that is so awesom!

Trish~ not too sound too religious or anything but I believe God will give you a baby when he knows it is the right time. Good luck.

Brenda~ hope you feel better!

Okay so grand finale.......I lost 1.5!!! Yippee!!!!

Have a super Monday
Later!
Old 03-26-2001, 12:45 PM   #20  

Default ugh

Well I wrote down everything I ate over the weekend as best I could rememeber it. I was over by 28 points on Sat and 15 on Sun. I am very annoyed at myself. I know that doesn't help but it still makes me mad that I want to lose so badly and still do the things I do.

Tonya - You are doing great. Congrats on maintaining. You are an amazing mom.

Trish - It was not TMI at all. I am very sorry that this is happening to you. I think about fertitlity problems a lot becasue we are going to start trying soon and I am going off the pill in 2 months. I have been on it for 10 years so I don't know what to except when I go off. I hope that the doctor will be able to help and to explain some things for you.

Steph - I am glad the move went well. I am sure it was good exercise. Have a good trip!

Stacey - I wish I didn't have to work at all. It really gets in the way of the rest of my life!

Belle - I think that overall the bf situation went ok this weeekned. I am really glad that you told him how you feel. good for you. Just keep letting him know what you are feeling and when he makes you feel bad, you don't have to take it.

Brenda- I am so sorry that you are sick. I hopet hat all of the rest helped lots. Feel better soon.

Tilley - I wish I had only done 1 day of dammage this weekend. I am sure that you will even out from the 15 points. Good luck at WI.

Kay - A lot of people say to eat at the top of the range. I try to mix it up. Sounds like you did pretty well eating out, way to go!

Well it's almost time for lunch. I brought at No Pudge Brownie (2pts) carrots, orange and Smart Ones Santa Fe Rice & Beans. I am getting pretty hungry!!!! See you later.

Sarah
194.4/164.6/153WW
Old 03-26-2001, 01:06 PM   #21  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Well, I just weighed in and I was down 1/2 pound.

I'm okay with that I suppose. I did go WAY over on Friday, so maybe I should be thankful. But I was hoping for more.

But hey - it's a half pound less than I was last week, and down is down. But it will get me motivated to get to 10% next week. Only 1 1/2 to go before my 10%

Sarah... you know what. At least we wrote everything down and estimated the damage done. i think that says a lot. Usually if I go over like that I don't even bother figuring out the points. But we did, and we know what happened and it's a new week!

ILGBG - good for you! -1.5 is so awesome! Plus it sounds like you have a very loving boyfriend. Does he have a brother just kidding.

Ali - cool. Montreal is awesome. A friend and I went there for New Years and I had the best New Years of my life. Plus I love hockey... so Montreal is my kind of city

Steph - I bet you worked up a sweat moving. That's great.

KO - mid range is between the 2 numbers listed in the journals. If your range is 22-27, then mid-range would be about 24-25.

Okay girls... well, lunch time.

Lisa
Old 03-26-2001, 01:27 PM   #22  
Eve's Mom

Default Hey

OOPS
Old 03-26-2001, 01:57 PM   #23  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default I am back again!!

Hey all... back from my second trip. And glad to be. I am totally exausted and need a break. Wish I didn't have to work today!!!

Emma is doing much better. She kicked the vomitting and diarreha.... just has a cough left. And through it all she still smiled and giggled!!! What a trooper!!

There are so many posts to catch up on.... sorry if I miss something!

Congrats to all the losses this past week! I ate horribly while one the road.... I always do! But I am back on track today and don't WI until Saturday! I missed last weeks WI... shewwww

Kay... I eat at my high end.... only because I am hungry otherwise. If I am having a hard time losing, I will shift between 2 high days and a low day and that works. Otherwise, I eat my points!!

Brenda... GET BETTER SOON!

Belle... I would be miffed if my bf gave me the cold shoulder while out with friends... HEY, that did happen to me... and I dumped his butt. He kept playing those games with me and I finally wised up and am really happy now. Go by your gut feeling. Guys are notorious for playing games.... especially when they want their cake and eat it too. My honest opinion and this is purely an opinion from what you have shared.... he likes having a girlfriend to hochmagandy and all those wonderful things that girls can do for a man.... yet he is afraid to give his all for you. It is comfort for him... but shrugging you in public is a definate no no. Holding your hand at IKEA doesn't count.... that was an after the fact gesture. Whenever hubby and I get in a fight, he immediately tries to make good on all the things he did wrong... but what I want comes from the heart and it can't be prompted by my emotions... Sorry this was long, but I wanted to give my opinion!!

Trish... All my well wishes and thoughts are with you. I agree 100% with what Suzanne said.... God is with you and will bless you with a child when you are ready. He will never give you more than you can handle... and I know you can get over this. You are a wonderful person that deserves all the best!!!!

Well, I better get back to work! YUCK! Talk to you later!
Old 03-26-2001, 02:08 PM   #24  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default It's a new day!

Well I think I am officially out of my eating junk mode! I don't know if all of you recall but TOM was here last wk and I ate horribly on Wed. and Thurs. I was really really down about it. Fri. I did good though and the weekend I did pretty well. I was a bit over pts. yesterday but I don't sweat it b/c I still ate pretty good and my exercise makes up for it (usually ) I am going to WI later in the wk this wk. I usually weight in on Wed. but I have decided that I really don't like that b/c it breaks up my wk and it just seems weird. I may try and go on Thurs or fri this wk. I am not sure. Anyways It sound like everyone had good weekends.
Tilley-YOu are right down is down and your 10% is so close I cannot wait till I get close to my 10% Does anyone know if that goes from your original start wt. or what b/c my second start weight was a bit diff. although only by 2 pds so it doesn't make that big of a diff.
Steph-Glad move went well! Everyone seems to be moving lately
Suzanne-Your b/f sounds so sweet. Great job being down 1.5!
Belle- UHH men. I don't have any advice but he seems pretty wishy washy! I don't know your history but I dont get the whole 1/2 times a wk thing. I mean that isn't possible if the relation. progresses into marriage, he can't say well go away for a while. I hope I am not being too opinionated or harsh. But that was my initial impression. Sorry. It was nice that he was kind at the end of the night though. I just want you to have someone who appreciates you. By the way I think "pacey" on Dawson's creek is adorable. I think it's his chubby cheeks. Well I hope that things work out like you want them too and again I hope that I wasn't harsh.
Kay-I am usually at the high end of my pts or over lately and I am still losing but I think it is b/c I am just starting back. I am not sure what the best is. I would just hate to eat at the low end and realize that I have to continue to do that in order to lose. I am such an eater. I want as much food as possible while losing weight
Brenda-Feel better! I love your Oscas Wilde quote. it is beautiful. Also good job being OP when I am sick I tend to lay around and eat so that is impressive.
Trish-Definitely not TMI I agree with everyone and you are in my prayers. I have a friend who had 2 miscarriages and finally adopted and then got preg They are really happy about it though. It is so funny how things work out sometimes. I am so happy for her and it will happen for you too!
Stacey I always feel that way about work too. Sometimes it gets in the ways of my life I always sit at work and think of all of the things that I could be accomplishing and organizing at home.
Ali-Great goals and I think it is a great idea to redirect your focus! BUT I would like to know about this weekend. Sorry!?!
Kirsty-I would love to see your before and after pics. Bring em on! Also I still am struggling iwth the avatar thing. I am just SO indecisive but thanks for all of the web sites.
Tonya-I missed the Oscars. Which won best picture?
Also good luck this wk. being supermom!
Sarah-1.8 Good job! Don't be down on yourself. I had 3 bad days last wk. I was so lethargic. Ididn't care but it was temporary and hey you lost 1.8. I also noticed that you have come such a long way. We started at almost the same wt. and I would love to be where you are at and I will be (I am trying to excude confidence ) Keep workng at it your goal will come!
Well girls I think I responded to everyone! If not sorry I will catch ya later!
Becky
Old 03-26-2001, 02:12 PM   #25  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Whazzup??

Hi again all! Thanks for the well wishes. The strange thing is, as bad as I feel, I feel the need for exercise. Probably b/c I was such a lazy butt all weekend. Still not up to it though, I would probably kill myself.

Lisa: The abbreviations very puzzling at first. Thanks for getting me rolling at Wisconsin and losing weight! I needed a good laugh today. Did you have a blast at the game this weekend? I think it is so cool that you guys chanted for Ray Bourque. He’s such a great guy and an incredible player. !!!!!!!!! So did you actually kind of know Chris Drury?? !!!!!!!! He’s another one of my fave players! (not to mention an absolutely delicious specimen of man) We went to one game this year (it’s soooo expensive). I lovelovelovelove hockey and my Av’s. I’ve been so busy with PL this year that I’ve hardly seen a game. I’m going through hockey withdrawls. You are now officially my hockey bud on the board!

Did I tell you guys I got a signed pic of Peter Forsberg? I didn’t get to meet him (yet). I have some connections so cross your fingers for me

Jules! Don’t let the gain get you down!

Belle: A toast to all us Pisceans!! (sp?)

Kierie: How’s Ben? Grrrooowwwlllllll

Trish: Please stop apologizing for talking about everything here Trish! You know we are all here for you. I can’t imagine dealing with what you are going through. Find something positive right now and focus on it. I’m much of a believer in therapy, but I know it’s helped tons of people and maybe it would be the right thing for you. Ask your doctor. Maybe it would help you find ways of dealing with all of this. *hugs* My thoughts are with you.

I did read all of the posts. Sorry for not replying to all, but my brain is now on overload. I suppose I should get some work done now. Still feeling under the weather (both literally and figurtively). Yummm, can eat my ravioli with spaghetti sauce soon!

Lufya
Old 03-26-2001, 02:37 PM   #26  
Parrothead

Default afternoon

Today is slow at work...I got everything done last week, so now I can relax a bit. The CEO finally approved my vacation (not that I was depending on that anyway). Apparently all of the other upper management stood up for me and told him that he was being unfair. He told them that they we're right and I should be able to go. He also told one of the managers to tell me he was sorry for messing with me. I probably would have wanted him to apologize himself (its a really small company), but I know what a winnie he can be.

I don't feel so bad now for always maxing out my points. When I was in a higher points bracked I could always bank points, but now I rarely do. I'm trying to add more exercise to be able to eat more.

Trish ~ {{{Hugs}}}. Don't ever feel like you can't vent here. We are all in various stages of our lives, but we can all benefit from one another's experiences. DH and I aren't ttc yet, but we will sometime in the near future. Thats why we're both quitting smoking to be healthy. I hope all of your baby wishes come true. Who knows, I may be asking you for advice soon. This may be TMI, but have you read "Taking Charge of your Fertility"? I'm reading it now just so I can understand my body better. It is very informative and I have enjoyed the additional knowledge. It gives detailed information about cycles and such for those ttc and also for those trying to prevent naturally (like me). I hope I didn't get too personal. If so, just disregard. Best of luck to you and yours!

Tilley ~ A loss is a loss is a loss! Way to go.

Belle ~ I hope all of your bf issues work out. One thing to remember is to ask yourself if you are getting what YOU want out of the relationship. If you are not, then eveluate the situation. Always go for what you want and you will get it. Never settle for anything. Hope this helps...

I've got to get back...
Kay
Old 03-26-2001, 02:41 PM   #27  

Hey everyone! I've been reading all of the posts and trying to keep up! Congrats to all of those that are down...even though i had an 'off' weekend I think I am making up for it and hope to be down myself at WI later this week...

Belle-I hear you about the BF thing-my ex was like that...sometimes people just need their space though and that can be ok....sounds like he really did hear what you were saying which is good...

Trish-Definitely not TMI...that's what we're here for...and remember...it can take healthy people up to a year to concieve-and that's without adding in all of the other factors like the pill and previous pregnancies...

Tilley-I read your first posts at the same time as your WI post-I was rooting for you-congratulations!!!

Well, i'm at work all night tonight-trying not to snack too much-I had two chocolates but am counting them!
Only ate yogurt for breakfast....gotta remember to drink water today!More tomorrow-Lori
Old 03-26-2001, 02:44 PM   #28  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Grace, I'm glad you're out of your rut.. I knew it wouldn't be long... good for you.

Brenda! So cool. I still don't know what all the abbr. mean. What's PL and DH? I'm bad at this. I didn't really KNOW Chris.. but my friend Ashley was an athlete at BU and she actually went out with him a few times Freshman year and they stayed friends after that. I've been out in groups with him, and like I said, watched a movie and drank in his room junoir year. He was always really nice. Some of the BU players could get big heads and it showed.. but even though he was the best player BU's ever seen... he was also one of the most down to earth. Senoir year he was on the booze cruise with us (he was my year at BU) and bought us a round of drinks... those are my only claims to fame with him. But I also knew his roommate's girlfriend. Nice guy. We see him out during the summer sometimes. He still hangs with his old teammates. His parents still go to a lot of the big BU games. Great people. I took pictures at the game Saturday... once I get them developed I can give you the link (i'll put them on my website or on webshots.com). We went last year too, and I put my pics from last year online....

http://community.webshots.com/album/4199915EsTNEvgOjQ

GO AVS!

Don't worry - I promise not to talk hockey anymore.. I just love it and am glad Brenda does too.

No more hockey talk... sorry.

Lisa
Old 03-26-2001, 03:07 PM   #29  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default PMS Bites!!

Argh!!!! I'm having a chocolate attack! I hate TOM
I absolutely love the Bridget Jones' Edge of Reason! I can't put it down! I think it's better than the first one!
Welp, gotta go. Boss is on the return!
Outtie here! GRRRRR I need chocolate! Me PMS Monster!
Old 03-26-2001, 05:03 PM   #30  
Running Babe

Hello All, I am giving yas a quick hello before I have my workout for the day. I am weight training today too... Weight training can be counted as moderate if you're using heavier weights right?

Lisa: You've been to Montreal? That's cool, I love Montreal (though I am permanently leaving it in 5 weeks, I only live there part-time as it is), so that's awesome. Feel free to talk about Hockey though okay

Stacey: yeah, PMS monster is working on me too... grrrr.. I keep craving all these foods, but not chocolate to be honest with you.

Lori: Good Luck at work this evening and good for you on fitting chocolate into your points!

BTW CONGRATS on all of your losses!!!!

Kay: That's great that your vacation has been approved

Brenda: I understand the exercise itch. I was sick for a week in January and couldn't do any at all and all I wanted to do was exercise. I think once you start and make it a habit it becomes sooooo addictive.

Becky: Honestly there isn't too much to tell. He's kinda acting aloof and is going away this weekend. Basically I talked it over with my best guy friend (who is the world's bluntest and honest guy and is great for this kind of advice) and told me not to jump to any conclusions, but not to waste my time on a guy who just doesn't seem interested anymore. He's right, there are plenty of guys out there and I have a lot to offer, so I'll take that as a learning experience and move on (sorry I have to consult my inner b*tch sometime ).

Jen: I am glad Emma is doing much better!

Suzanne: Congrats on grad school! That is awesome

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread