Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 10:55 PM   #16  
Net browser

LILY If I don't get that holiday weight off I will look like your little fat bear cooking. Mind you she is cute. hee hee.

This is a sentence from my last post:

"I'll wait and see what tomorrow morning bringiths"

So Lily doesn't that look like a "real" word to you.
Old 03-26-2001, 11:57 PM   #17  
Super Surfer

Default Just took a peek here on my way to bed...

Glenda your weekend sounds a lot like the ones I have been having lately. Lots of eating and resting....
So sorry about your friend. That is the sadest thing I have heard in a while.
Peggy These 'puter problems are going to drive all of us whacky, My e-mail problem seems to have straighted out.
Slavika I like Fergie on Rosie's show too. I liked the way they talked about the emotional eating and the little game they played was cute... there I was trying to figure out the points too. See you tomorrow, looking forward to the "Apple Cinnamon Tart".. last weeks "Crustless Apple Pie" was really good. What a good cook! Just heavenly.
Lily I understand the difference between Zip and CD Burner now... Thanks. You mentioned before you vary your points every day. I will have to try that one too. I am getting pretty upset with myself these days.
It's not like the 3 lbs will make a big difference, and I know it's only a number, but I sure would like to see it again.

Well, it's late and I need my sleep...good night all
Old 03-27-2001, 05:03 AM   #18  
Justa Wannabe

Hi All...
Had a great day...why? Cause no catastrophe appeared at my door

I hav a 100 Mb external zip drive...what that is is a whole lot bigger than the 1.44 floppy disks you store things on. External means it isn't storing anything on my hard drive but on a floppy...which is outside the puter....not inside like a normal disk drive...This way, I store all my programs etc. on it and should my puter crash, cause it's external, all I have to do is put my disk in and reload everything again.

survivor...my heart goes out to you and your friend. That is just horrible what has happened to her. Yet the medical field would like to have us believe they are infalible....gods even. God bless you both. May you be a comfort to her on preparing herself on the way home

Yeah, that's the worst thing I think about losing weight... the ups and downs of it all
Old 03-27-2001, 11:00 AM   #19  
Fun Blonde

I feel that there are more replies to this thread that I just can't seem to get. I will be very happy to get that upgrade to my computer soon.

I sure am struggling with WW. Actually, I am doing fine pointswise, but it is so HARD right now for some reason. It is so cold here that I have very little ambition to exercise. Last night I was going to the gym to do the treadmill, but just stayed home and did this little arm routine with weights. This darned weather! One day it is 75 degrees and the next 4 it is 32 degrees.

Did anybody watch South Pacific last night? The songs are just so beautiful, but I really like the original movie better. My husband watched until the first song and he said, "I can't stand it when someone just burst out in song." Then he was in the other room watching, as he said, "normal TV."

I will have my 11-year-old grandson on Friday. I am taking off. Looking forward to it--these days with a divorced son and grandchildren are kind of few and far between.

You all sound so busy and happy and I feel like such a "whiner". Darn it! Hope the weather warms up SOON!
Glenda
Old 03-27-2001, 02:32 PM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: She not a fat little bear, Thats just all her hair
Oh that word, must of just bypassed it. Looks like a word to me!

Trudy: Varying points has helped me when Im stuck so give it a try. Might help! Worked so well for me I do it all the time now.

Glenda: I love South Pacfic! Didnt see it last night. Need to rent it again as it was a great movie.

Crazy at work so I better get back to it. ALAS
Old 03-27-2001, 06:59 PM   #21  

G'day all,

Where do I start, so much info in the past posts!!!
Firstly on a serious note, I am also very sorry to hear about your friend Glenda, that is so sad when it seems with a little more care she could have still many years ahead of her.

I just love everyone's avatars, they are so cute and tell quite a story. I would love to add some interesting/fun ones to my post but I am having soo much trouble with my ISP that I am happy to surf the net for just a short time.
Your apple cinnamon tart sounds lovely Slavika you just have to love that cute little teddy that lily posted. Hope the weigh in went ok.
I agree Trudy Trudy computers are great but what a pain when they don't do what you want them to do. By the way I have a CD burner and I love it. I have copied many of my good music CD's for use in the car and all my photos are now backed up on CD as well as my files.
Glenda I had to laugh at your dh watching 'normal TV'. Some years ago I took my mother to the stage show 'South Pacific' I didn't think I would like it but I knew my mother would, well I thoroughly enjoyed it but have never gotten around to watch the movie.
Enjoy having your grandson visit.
Today for me is Tai Chi and this evening learning Photoshop. Monday to Melbourne for a week and my daughter and I will be shopping for a wedding dress. She has seen a few she likes and wants my opinion.
I have cooked myself for the past 4 days and feel much better and more in control, hopefully that will be reflected on the scales soon.
Greeneyez that is a great avatar, the balancing act, so true

Have a great day all.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-27-2001, 07:39 PM   #22  
Net browser

Hello Everybody

Maria I have to say the Apple Cinnamon Tart was not so good and I don't think I will make it again. I tried a tiny piece of it last night and thought it wasn't too bad but today at tea time Trudy and I "analyzed" it and decided it wasn't a "keeper recipe" We have SO MANY recipes that if something isn't really good well there's just no point in keeping it. Well we had "tea time" but I did not go to WW. I knew from the scale this morning that the best I could hope for was to stay the same, and since I had been this month already, I didn't go.
Lily That's it, I didn't gain any weight on holidays it's just ALL MY HAIR like your little bear.
Glenda First, you are not a whiner and if you ever do want to do a bit of "whinning" this is the spot to do it. I know Glenda, we could plan on having a "get it off our chest day.................
I have a friend who thinks I live somewhat of a "glorified life", and only bad things happen to her, but never to me. Well I do have a good life but sometimes bad things happen in my life too and this is a nice place to come to. I know you will enjoy your grandson. Since mine is only 7 yrs old, and I can no longer remember my own son at the age of 11, I'm not even sure what they are interested in. You'll have to keep me informed so I will know what I have to look forward to.
Trudy I don't know where you are finding all those darling little avatars but I love the sneaky
expression on that kitty cat's face.........much like mine, when I have used up all my points and want "ONE MORE LITTLE SOMETHING~~~~~~
I'll stop by later on tonight to see if the rest of you gals have posted. Hope you all have a nice evening.

Last edited by slavika; 03-27-2001 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:30 PM   #23  
Super Surfer

Default What a funny bunch of gals you are.....

As Slavika said, we stayed at her place today and ate. We also did a lot of laughing. Another friend joined us too. Last month, on Oprah, she mentioned www.landsend.com ~ a site where you can click on Virtual Model and then fill in your vital statistics and get a model of yourself. We did the complete model (you can do a short one), including hair color and style, skin color and all the measurements we would just as soon not think about. We got out the measuring tape and got busy. I must say that the model really does look like us. Between the 3 of us we could have probably made one hot babe. This is a site where you can buy clothes, so you can pick out different articles of clothing, including bathing suits and try them on your model to get an idea how they would look. Lots of fun...
Greeneyez I got a little with the zip drive, I had to read it a few times, but it does sound like a good idea, you can't lose any valuable information. On my PC that would be recipes, and weight loss sites...
Lily I am going to start varing my points too, already today I had 28.... not quite the direction I had planned to go. We went out for supper tonight and I had Shrimp Scampi, as close as I can figure the shrimp came to 11 points - with everything else supper was 18pts. Now I hadn't planned on eating out so I am 5 pts over today.... will have to make that up somewhere. Tomorrow I am having lunch with my Fitness Friends.....
Maria Let us know how you like Tai Chi and Potoshop. You will have such a nice time helping your DD shop for a wedding dress. When my DD was trying on dresses I had a tear or two in my eye.
GLenda I had watched South Pacific with Glenn Close the last time it was on and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My DH abandoned me too.... he doesn't burst into song during our conversations and can't see anyone else doing it either.
Everyone I know has bad times in their lives, and down days... thankfully we try not to dwell on them. Thank God we have people we can vent with, get it out of the way and move on. I'll bet you felt better once you got it out of your system.
Slavika Ok, I can just hear you telling our WW leader that it isn't lbs. it's HAIR..I am not sure she will fall for it. I know I'm not buying it. We came to the unanimous decision that the "Crustless Apple Pie" was better than the "Cinnamon Apple Tart"..... .... and we know our desserts.

Well, another day done with... it was a good one.... Good night all....

Last edited by Trudy; 03-27-2001 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:32 PM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Some how I knew you would come back with that!!!!!!!!
Sorry the Apple tart didnt come out. It did sound good.

Glenda: You are not a whiner. And Slavika is right, this is the place to unload if you want. We are here you you if you need it!

Maria: Let us know how the Photoshop class is. Would love to take it again but then i cant afford the program. This is my first CD burner I have and love it. I moved all my stuff off so I could keep it and grab it when I needed to. Havent tried Music yet.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:37 PM   #25  
Super Surfer

Hi Lily we were posting at the same time... great minds, etc. etc. ~~ only I was doing War and Peace
I can't believe how much I had to say... sorry I went on so long gals....
Old 03-27-2001, 09:42 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Glenda- So sorry about your friend. You are right that maybe a lawsuit would help keep such a thing from happening again. Has she exhausted all her options, like Mayo Clinic or some other such place? And we know that God can perform miracles.

I watched South Pacific last night and my Hubby also went and watched "Normal tv." I still like the old movie better. And when I was teaching, I did the stage version with my High School Choir. I like the stage version, even better. Such great songs.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try altering my point levels and see what happens, and I need to do a little more exercise, I believe.

I'll check back tomorrow. My weigh-in day is Sat. if I don't get chicken and not go. Ann
Old 03-27-2001, 11:17 PM   #27  

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to let you know I am still alive. I figured some of you might have wondered if I have died and gone to glory because I post so little these days. It is a combination of lack of time and problems with this free ISP. Also, too, is the fact that I read the thread at the gym so I don't have to come to the "puter to see what's up with y'all.

Glenda, so sorry about your friend. It must be terribly frustrating to be losing a friend to medical incompetence. I hope her family takes the doc to the cleaners.

Ann, welcome. When did you post the first time? I cannot find your original post---just everybody welcoming you. I am very interested in crafts. I started a quilt about a year ago. I have three blocks done and it looks like a million to go. One of these fine days I will get it done. Hopefully this summer when I have my weekends free I will get some major sewing done. Right now I am working on an embroidered baby quilt. Just started it the other day. If it turns out okay, I will get my DH to take a picture and post it.

We went 'puter shopping tonight. My DH wants to get a Pentium III because it is $200 cheaper than the Pentium IV. I told him not to be so cheap and get the faster one. Do you agree, Lily? He says he doesn't need it to be faster. I think that eventually he will wish he had the faster one. The girl at Gateway demonstrated the IV and it moved like greased lightening. Of course, I will get the old one. But, it will be downstairs and that will make it better. These artritic knees don't go upstairs sometimes simply because they dread the trip down. For some reason that is always harder. He also promised me he will get a DSL when we get the new 'puter so that should end all my ISP problems.

I am reading "The Mark" (the most recent book in the Left Behind series), but am not far enough along to have an opinion on it yet. I sure have enjoyed the other books in the series.

I had jury duty today. So I sat outside a courtroom most of the day while the lawyers settled the cases. They didn't turn us loose till 2 and I had to be there at 8. It cost me $14 for parking. Can you believe it? My lunch was $7. My jury paycheck was $6, so I figure it cost me $15 to serve. There is something wrong with the system.

My friend's visit was great. I took her to an antique mall that she just loved. She bought a plate for $175 for her sister for Christmas. I am so unknowledgeable about antiques that I never even heard of the stuff. She called it "flow blue" and was delighted with her purchase. I was not near as impressed as she was. I bought a bunch of clothes for my granddaughters. I got the baby size 2T and have to take them back and get a 3T. I told you my baby was big. She now has 19 teeth. I will be glad when that last tooth comes in.

Better close for now. Have to get up at 5 to go to the gym and it is 10:15. It will be another hour or 2 before I get to sleep. I still have to read my Bible and work on my Bible study.

Night all.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:03 PM   #28  

G'day

See you at # 105

Cheers
Maria
Old 03-29-2001, 03:09 AM   #29  
Justa Wannabe

Has anyone heard of the "Eat right 4 your blood type"? I did a newsletter on it for my diet group if any of you want to me to send it out to you. It explains why some of us lose on a certain type of diet and others don't. Maybe it'll answer a few questions for you.

Nothing's new here

Have a great day today
Closed Thread