3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Feisty & Sexy 50 - 60 year olds #233 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/33093-feisty-sexy-50-60-year-olds-233-a.html)

LilyG 10-12-2003 12:50 AM

Feisty & Sexy 50 - 60 year olds #233

Maria: Oh Alas. Cant eat shrimp that way. I like it cleaned and no heads. But it wont stop me from coming there. Im sure I will find something else to eat :) Oh Brazil! Now that sounds fun to! Envy you with the travels but I sure would miss home alot. Oh my goodness what a cute puppy! I want him!

Ann: Sorry to hear about your dog. Whats the matter with him? Well as I read further. It seems he is ok. Wonder whats going on tho. Hope the Vet finds something.

Slavika: Any time glad I could help. I love antiques and can search about them for hours. I have a friend to that helps me if I dont know. He knows everything. Good idea to save it for the Princess. She will treasure it when she is older. I get Light and Tasty and clipped that recipe. Was thinking of doing it for our Thanksgiving for something different. Happy to know its a good one! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Peggy: Good luck with your 5K. Let us know how it was. Hope your knee is ok. I am so clumsy to. Wish I wasnt. But I have hurt myself so many times its not funny. Even on Vacation, just walking down the street I hit a hole and twisted my ankle pretty bad. DH just laughs at me.

Trudy: Happy Thanksgiving to you! Im sure its going to be a hard one with out your Mom. But you will still have a wonderful time and remember your Mom in the process. She will always be with you.:) My dad had so many slides. Still have some of them. We split them up amongst us. Didnt really know what to do with them. Sounds like you have several albums going that will be great keepsakes!

Karen: So DS house is all done? Great idea with the stuff on the cabinets! His house sounds so nice. He is going to love it!

Really enjoy my Sats. at WW. Sure is hard work tho. Think I work harder there then I do all week at my real job. I always come home and take a nap :) Made hubby take me out to lunch today first tho. Tomorrow I get to get my nails done again, and going for a Pedicure to. Havent had that done for awhile. So now that DH is working again. Im gonna treat myself. Its all about ME tomorrow!!! :D :cb:

Marnie where are you??? I do rememebr your sister coming in. Check in and lets us know you are still here!

flaggies 10-12-2003 09:31 PM

G'day all,

A beautiful warm spring day here, one of those 'glad to be alive' days.
Took dh to the airport at 6.30am this morning and on the way home did some grocery shopping. In the supermarket they were just bringing in some punnets of seedlings so of course I could not resist and bought another 3 punnets, all different flowering types of annuals. I do love fresh flowers in the house, even better when they are from your own garden.
I think I might have said that I have some opium poppies, they are looking like cabbages now and got big buds. When they flower and if they are spectacular as I hope they will be, I will attach a photo of them on a post.

Good for you Lily treating yourself to a bit of pampering. I am looking forward to another 1 hour massage next Thursday:cloud9:

Slavika and Trudy I hope you both enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

I have received an email from Marnie and she is fine. She has been very busy with her sister who celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary.
I am sure Marnie will post when she has some time.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria

painter5 10-13-2003 07:15 AM

Trudy and Slavika Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Did you have a piece of pumpkin pie for me? I have been wanting a piece but it is dangerous to have around. I would eat the whole piece.

Lily think you deserve a nap after your busy week and Saturday. Glad that you enjoy your Sat work.

Karen the house sounds really nice. Guessing that you would need something on the cabinets if you can look down on them. Now is it your job to keep it dusted?

Maria I am assuming that a punnet is what we call a flat of flowers. I am envious that you are having spring. I love fall but after it is winter and it just seems to last forever. Fuji is so cute and I like the way her name evolved.

Ann glad the dog is better and hope it doesn't happen again.

Saturday was a beautiful day. A real Indian summer day. Perfect for the 5k. It was nice and flat and did it in 58 min. My friend is supposed to post pics. If she does I if you want to see "me" I will email you the site. Don't want to put it here.

Got to mail off a few packages today. Going to my nieces place to do it. Have to practice for my Dec job. They have new computers and have switched from UPS to FedEx. It's sort of confusing at first.

See ya all later,
Peggy

marnie3 10-13-2003 05:28 PM

Hi all you Feistys!

The prodigal returns.
I know it's been a while since I've posted. :(

My sister has returned to Florida: I love her dearly, but she'd talk the ear off a cob of corn! Ironically, she said the woman next to her on the plane was a "real chatter!!" :dizzy:

Most of my time has been spent with visiting and fixing meals at my "other" sister's. That's where we all met while they were here. On Saturday we had a 50th wedding party/picnic - lots of friends and relatives showed. It was fun while at the same time exhausting. I am not a great conversationalist, so I did a lot of listening. There's no place like home! :spin:

I have not had time to read the boards. I apologize. I will read the posts thoroughly tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me.

I did go to WW today. Our lecturer said we'd talk about carbohydrates next week. I really believe this is my downfall. :s:

Hope you're all well and enjoying some beautiful weather.

:grouphug:

Marnie

:df:

flaggies 10-13-2003 07:58 PM

G'day all,

Nice to 'see' you Marnie I so agree with 'there is no place like home'. Everything is always fun but it is always so good to be home again:)

Peggy I guess our punnets would be what you call a flat.
A punnet has usually about 8 seedlings in it, ready to be planted out in the garden. They could be vegetable seedlings as well as flowers.
Do you need to ask if we would like to see your picture posted, of course we do!! I for one would love to be able to put a face to a name. If I remember right, you did have picture of your dh and yourself on a website a long time ago. Am I dreaming or was that so:?:
That is a pretty good time 5 km - 59 minutes. We usually work on 4km - 1 hour.

It is an absolutely glorious morning here and as usual I was up very early so I decided to go for a bit of a bike ride before the wind sprung up too much.
Rode my bike along the beach front and it was just great. I had a bit of rest and watched the 'icebergers' swim and also some dolphins. As I watched the icerbergers it struck me that all of them are well into their sixties, I don't know how they do it swimming early in the morning all year round. Granted we do not have ice and snow but it still gets pretty nippy in winter!

At the weekend I had a bit of a disaster, I spilled a full glass of red wine on my cream carpet:eek: :cry: (forget about my grey/white linen, this is serious;) :D ) All dh kept on saying 'glad it wasn't me'. It just so happens that I had arranged for my carpets to be cleaned this afternoon. I have tried to get out as much as I could but it still looks bad, lets hope the professionals can get it out.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria

Lizziepie 10-13-2003 09:19 PM

Hi everyone: Oh Maria: Hope the professionals can do it.I'm sure they will be able to take care of it. Thanks for the web page. We have been having a wonderful time with the program. Is the puppy mix minature or regulation size? Also wondered about the guide dogs. Labrapoos. They must be regulation size to ge a guide dog.

Welcome back Marnie: I'm sure you have been busy. Now you can relax a bit. I'm with you carbs are my downfall. I'm sure.

Our little pooch is doing much better. We haven't had to take her out in the middle of the night in 3 nights now. So whatever was happening seems to be on the mend. That is another mystery to solve.

Slavaika-Trudy: Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Peggy: 5k. you did very well. I'd say. Glad the knees co-operated.
Have y ou got the snow person ready for e-bay?

See you all tomorrow. :wave: Ann

marnie3 10-14-2003 08:38 AM

Here I am: Back at work! :rolleyes:

Now that our life is back to semi-normal, I can relax!

Canadian Thanksgiving was yesterday! Trudy & Slavika, hope it was a great day for you. :dance:

Ann, have you read anything about carbs? I'm looking forward to next week's lecture. When I'm hungry I gravitate toward carbs. :hun: Sorry your puppy was sick.

Wow! Peggy: Nice Going! I'd love to do a 5K at some point. Was it hard? Tiring? Grueling? A woman in our WW group ran in the Twin Cities marathon 2 weeks ago. Can you believe it? I like your new picture.

Maria: Thanks as usual for keeping me in mind! :dizzy: You're too good. How can we post our photos? Do we have to have a scanner? (Hope the wine comes out of your carepting; Grrr-r.)

Lily, you sound like you like the WW job. I've thought of doing that after I get this weight off. I've never had a pedicure, but it sure sounds luxurious!

Nice to be back. More later.

:grouphug:

Marnie

LilyG 10-14-2003 10:14 AM

Peggy: Good for you on the 5K! I would love to see the Pics! Im with you. I like fall to but it means Winter is coming :(

Marnie: Sounds like you had a fun time. Lots of work to! You will like the Carb thing. They have alot of good info about it. Make sure to get the Action sheet as it breaks things down for you and is very helpful! Glad WW finally came out with something on it.

Maria: Oh my Red wine is the worse. Hope the pros get it out for you.
The bike ride along the beach sounds wonderful!

Ann: So glad your dog is doing better. I guess they never found out what was wrong? Poor thing.

Well best get to work :(

flaggies 10-14-2003 08:37 PM

G'day all,

The red wine is sort of out of the carpet, it is a lot better than it was but I wouldn't say it was a 100%.:(

Ann here is some more info on the labradoodle. The kennel is where my dd got her 'Fuji' from. Fuji was a cross of a minature poodle and minature schnauzer, so she would eventually be a medium to small type dog.
http://www.labradoodle-dogs.com/

Marnie in order to post your photos you either need a scanner to digital record your photograph and save it to your computer or if you have a digital camera, you can save the image directly on your PC. To include the image on your posts, it does need to be reduced so this forum allows you to attach it.
If you email the image to me, I am happy to reduce it and send you the steps on how you go about attaching the image.
Hope that all makes sense. Lily please correct me if I am wrong......thanks!

This weekend there is an 8 km walk to raise money for diabetes. DS and his in-laws and my dh are all participating. The walk is along the beach from the next surburb over to our surburb and then back again. I wouldn't be able to do such a long walk and will prepare a b-b-q lunch for when the walkers return.
The weather forecast is for quite hot weather, should be lovely to walk along the beach.

Stay well and happy,
Cheers
Maria

Lizziepie 10-14-2003 09:14 PM

Maria: Thanks for the web page. They look like wonderful dogs. On that page, the photo of the white dog by the temperment paragraph looks a bit like our Cuddles, only of course our dog is much smaller.

Lily: Sounds like you are really enjoying your WW job. I think that the WW low carb program must be a lot like the Phase 2 of the S. Beach diet.

Marnie: Glad you are back. I have not read the WW formula in its entirety, but think it resembles the Phase 2 of South Beach diet. And I am just a slow slow loser, no matter what program I am on. So I just do my Curves, and other exercises, and do the best I can.

If I take pictures and have them developed on a disc, what do I do next about posting them? We don't have camera, or scanner, so the disc would be my only opportunity.

Hi Trudy and Slavika: Hope you are recovering from a lovely Thanksgiving. :)

'See' everyone tomorrow. :wave: Ann

flaggies 10-14-2003 10:40 PM

Hi Ann,

You are right, yes you could use the images you have on CD/disc.
The images are probably far too large for them to be attached to a post.
Firstly save your images of your disk to your hard drive.
My images are stored as follows on my hard drive
My documents - my pictures - new folder - name - images for 3fc-copy all your images from your disk to this folder and you can then easily find them and attach to an email.

Again like I told Marnie, email the image to me and I can make a reduced copy that would be suitable to attach to one of your posts.
I am more than happy to do this for you, and I will send it back with the steps how to attach to a post.

Cheers
Maria

marnie3 10-15-2003 08:42 AM

Good Morning, all!

Ann, did you buy the South Beach Diet book? I think I'll wait to see what WW offers next Monday. A friend of ours just started Curves - she likes it because it's all women and everyone's there for the same purpose. Sounds like you're getting the weight issue under control. :goodvibes:

Maria, my sister has a digital camera and scanner. I'll have to see if she could do a "Glamour" shot of me. If she can get a picture of me, I'll send it to you so you can do the finishing touches. I haven't a clue! The bar-b-que sounds fun. What are you preparing? :hun:

It's cool in MN today. We'll have a high of 52 by noon. Br-r-r. Karen probably has it cooler up there in the North!. On Friday, DH, DS and I are going to Taylors Falls (beautiful area for picnics/camping, etc.); we're going to cook out and just enjoy nature. :cbg: Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Slavika and Trudy, I saw on the news that there was damage to property due to the cancellation of a rock concert. That is so immature! :rollpin: I hate when that happens. We had some nuts who did the same thing last year on the U of M campus after a football game. Don't you just wonder?:bomb:

Better get to work. I'll check in later. :comp:

Marnie

painter5 10-15-2003 08:47 AM

Marnie glad your are "found" again. Missed you but how nice to spend time with your sisters. {Unless they are like Maria's-lol}

Oops just noticed the time. Have to run and go to a dr apt. Yuck!

Karen L 10-15-2003 10:38 AM

Good morning all:wave:

I've been catching up on all the picture talk. I "m digging around to see if I can find a picture of myself and Then Maybe Maria would help me get it posted also. I would just have to warn that you computer screens might go blank with right!:lol:

Got a call from DS to let us know that he has become engaged. The two are planning for a wedding next spring. I'm kind of wishy washy about it. DS doesn't have the best track record with women. The soon to be D-I-L is a great girl. But she has not met DS's little girl yet . So don't know how that is going to go. But i guess i'll just have to take the wait and see and hope for the best.

I'm breaking in a new pair of hearing aids. I have lost some more of what little hearing I have so these new ones are stronger and a little larger. They are still all in the ear. (that's a good thing) But about twice the size of what I was using. Any way these new ones make it much easier for me to do a meeting. I'm am able to hear people in the back of the room as well as in the front. In other word I am really thrilled with the performance of these little computers I wear in in my ears. :cp: :bravo: :dance:

I've got a slight cold so am just going to take it easy today. I do have to go out to the post office some time unless I convince DH to do it for me

:devil:

It's going to be a nice day. If I felt better I would go out and rake leaves. They must be a foot deep in our yard. The weather is getting colder and I'm sure were are really going to have a cold and snowy winter. We've been lucky for the past few years so we are due. Also the other reason I'm sure it's going to bad is it is our last winter we are spending here.:D

Well I'm hungry so I'll catch you all later.
Karen

Trudy 10-15-2003 05:34 PM

Karen I hope your future DIL loves your DS daughter. It would be great for all of you. It is amazing how much hearing aids can help. Do they bother your ears (I am thinking that they fit inside the ear)? Take care of yourself so your cold doesn't get any worse.
Marnie the riots were in Montreal, a long way from us. From the pictures I saw, the rioters looked like skinheads..glad I wasn't there.
Maria I had never hear of a Labradoodle, they sure are cute.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. We don't have turkey a lot, but I do enjoy it when we do. We always have a Pumpkin Chiffon pie. It is fluffier and not as dense as a regular pumpkin pie. My DH doesn't like pumpkin, so my SIL made him apple. I thought that was really nice of her.

Not to much else is new with me... see you later.