Old 02-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning, turtles

Judy - doing OK with the Tops challenge, but finding weight still up/down but I did stay off potato chips completely for 31 days (which is a record for me) no to carry on and add swimming for February, as well as less eating out.

But today I have lunch out with the ladies. It is Winterlicious here and the idea is to try higher end restaurants for more reasonable prices.
So today we are going to steakhouse which should be pretty easy to stay on track, then we are going to movies afterwards, to see On the Basis of Sex (think it is based on true story about women's rights) So should be a good day
Grandkids are off to birthday party, so not missing anything at home.

Tomorrow planning on doing some meal prep for upcoming week & I have been "shopping in my freezer" and can't believe all the stuff I have in there. Leaning towards cooking up ribs and a pork tenderloin with a big pan of roasted veggies. Makes dinner during the week abit easier.

Things are warming up here abit, so that is nice. Last week it was minus 25C which is too cold..

Have a great weekend, turtles

Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 02-02-2019 at 09:35 AM.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Gail, -25degrees sounds horrible and I am very glad for you that it is warming up.

Busy weekend here and food was off but not by much and by having good foods in the fridge I can "grab" something to fill me in and keep me on track. then I can use points for something special. I had eggsalad made with eggs and more egg white, lite mayo and mustard. Sometimes I made a sandwich on lite bread and some times I just had it as a salad. Also, I made a yummy split pea soup that isn't bad in points either.and that has helped out. My dh is trying to lose a couple of pounds so I also made a sugar free fat free chocolate pudding that will be a good snack.

WI as usual is on Wednesday. Sending all of you : and : as we get thru the winter. The groundhog is offering an early spring and I am happy to hear that. In the meantime I am still aiming to get to my goal weight by this December 31st, 2019!

Chime in if you can. In the meantime keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #18  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Today was my WI day, but I decided not to get on the scale. I am pretty sure I'd be up a pound and I don't want to have that throw me off for the week. Only a fellow life-style-changer could understand that logic.
I have plans for a good week.

Sending : to you all. Having taken off and kept off 42#, I am pleased. Now to get to the next small goal of five more pounds and keep them off. This is all doable!

Have a great day and chime in when you can.
Judy
Old 02-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #19  

Hi turtles

Judy - totally understand about the scale. When I go up even .2 it is so discouraging. You are doing great!

Warming up but now calling for snowstorm tomorrow, so probably not a nice drive in if end up going to work. Will see what it looks like in the a.m.

So just chugging along up here. And the weight is up/down lately. Haven't been walking regularly either with the cold, freezing rain & snow. Canadian winter at its best.

Have a good week.

Gail
Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, glad to hear from you. Spring is on its way! We can do this. Winter doldrums make it not so easy to get exercise. keeping spirits up is a challenge, but we can keep on keepin' on!

Turtles, chime in when you can. This is a long haul project, not a two week starvation plan. : and

Judy
Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Spent Valentine's Day out at Montauk at the tip of Long Island. Drove out with dh and daughter.to spend a few days out there. Gorgeous right on the ocean Good weather, delicious food, good company. Glad we went . It was a nice break from the winter.

Bought some photos while out there to hang in the living and dining room. I will try and get them framed soon. I really like them. A couple of them are different in the idea that it's the beach in the snow. All pretty.

Food was tricky, but I had fish for most lunches and dinners. Delish out there with it being fresh caught.
I hope the turtles are working toward goal and will chime in when you can.
Judy
Old 02-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #22  

Red face

Hi turtles

Judy - nice for you to get away, that is always fun.

I am still fighting a cold and super sore throat. Now I also have pink eye (which they say could be caused from cold virus) So been using eye drops and that is helping.
Was up .6# at my last weigh in & really have to get back on track seriously.
Been really struggling since Christmas break where I got lazy with my journaling and eating too much bread again.

So this week, back to strick journaling and cutting way down on the bread, so hope that helps at the scales.

Our last programme was about "getting back to basics & keeping things simple" which makes so much sense.

All - keep warm & stay safe.

Have a good week
Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 02-20-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #23  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
After spending some great time out at Montauk we got a surprise visit from our son and grandson and we've been enjoying ourselves. Food is always trickier with family in the house, but I'm doing the best I can. Bought a veggie platter from the grocery store along with pre-cut fruit to make life easier and have healthy snacks on hand. That is working out pretty well.

Gail, feel better soon. I like the simple approach to food and making life less complicated. We can do this!

Judy At my WI, I was up 2# which was a kick in the head, but I know where it came from. Sending : to all.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #24  

Good morning turtles

I was up last week at my weigh in (.6#) so wasn't thrilled with that. Over the weekend I joined the new WW programme with meetings + online support. But will still go to Tops for the time being.
So I went online and got my total points (23) and will get to meeting this week. Hoping for a new start with all of this.

Weekend was good but still have this damn cough - I feel fine and go for hours not coughing, then go into a coughing fit. On weekend, I was at theatre and had to leave after 20 minutes since I thought I was too distracting for audience and actors. Felt really bad & left 1st time they dimmed the lights. And to add to that, I fell going up the aisle - but on the upside had a nice dinner with the ladies before the play.

Judy - sorry to hear about your gain, hope we both do better this week.

Gail
Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #25  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
You know Gail, I see you are absolutely not giving up. It's always smart to change things up when we aren't losing. I am wishing you the best. I do like the food suggestions for WW and I hope you like it too. I like that you'll keep going to TOPS for friendship and : You can do this!! Having a cold doesn't help anything.

Here I keep on having challenges. After being out at Montauk with dh and dd, I got to rest for a day or so and my ds and dgs came to stay with us for four days. I love having them here, but food is always tricky. Did the best I can. From now on the week looks good. We'll take our dd out to dinner with her kids and celebrate her birthday. If we go to Outback, I always know to order a salad to take home, a baked potato and small filet mignon. I cut the potato in half and eat only that much. I'll have a cup of coffee and maybe a tablespoon of the dessert I am sure the table will want and I should be fine. I am paying much more attention to what I am eating and how often. That has to pay off.

Anyway, good vibes to all the Turtles who read these posts. Best of luck to all!

Judy Onward and downward!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #26  
Chick

I go to WW meetings and over the years have made the best friends. We all support each other and pull for each other in "thick and thin."
Judy
Gail, let us know how you like the meeting.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:15 PM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
A brief update on me. I gained 2/10 of a pound at today's WI. Honestly I am happy with that because I had two weeks of entertaining and eating out, etc. I have still lost 8# since mid-November. Now time to tackle a real loss...……...not just coasting since I have a lot to lose.

Best to you all. I say it often, but chime in if you are a Turtle by nature or a Turtle who used to post. All the : to you!

Judy
Old 03-03-2019, 10:43 AM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to Gail! Have a good one.

My food is better. Went to Cheesecake Factory with dh, dd, and her children to celebrate her . They have a Skinnylicious menu which worked out fine. I skipped dessert and had a cup of coffee. I almost never order dessert out. Usually they have enough points for a day and a half! The others ordered desserts and the portions were huge. I remember being on Jenny Craig and enjoying a dessert about once a week. The JC portion was miniscule and that is probably the right amt. to lose any weight.

Have a great day! Chime in.
Judy
Old 03-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles, Looks like I'll have a : this week at my WW WI.
Gail, how do you like the Freestyle WW plan? It works for me most of the time. By the way, for those of you who like YouTube, check out Amanda Cypert. She posts videos of meal prep for the week and recipes, etc. You might find her informative. Anything helps, right?

Judy
Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #30  

Hi turtles

Judy - I have been on the new WW since last Saturday (so my weigh in will be this weekend) I am finding it OK but seem to be really hungry. I have been doing some kind of weight loss plan for along time and before this I was having lots of protein (including red meat) so I think that made me more satisfied.
With this plan, especially the red meat is high in points. Also I was shocked to see a lb of chicken wings to be 30 points (so I ate half & the other half is still in fridge)
Also, I got away from eating lots of fruit - so this will be a learning curve for sure.

I will still be going to my Tops group (at least for awhile) I signed up for upcoming PRD so don't want to miss that. Plus it is cheap & I like the group. So will have 2 weekly weigh ins which should keep me on track.

Hoping for us both to have a good week.

Call for temperatures to drop once again - we have had some super cold days up here.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes.

Take care
Gail