Old 11-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Judy - a pound over 3 weeks isn't bad at all, just get yourself back on track & keep on keeping on (as you always say) So what is happening with your house? Planning on a move?

I was up 1# last week at my weigh in, so wasn't happy about that but have been increasing my walking with the dogs (which they love) so feeling good about that & the more I walk the better my knees feel, so crazy not to just
DO IT!

Getting cold up here, had to scrap off my car this a.m. Oh well, Canada, winter - going to get cold & snow (no surprise)

I made a nice healthy lunch today - devilled eggs, ham, cheese and some red cabbage (trying to cut way down on my carbs this week)

All - this all have a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #62  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

What is happening with our house is that we have minor fire damage We have been out of the house for a month. They have it cleaned up and the electrical is in and ready to do more reconstruction. We will move back in when it is more repaired. We are staying at a nice place, but there is no place like home.
Lost a pound this week, so happy about that.

Sendinggood wishes to all the Turtles. i'll start a new thread soon.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #63  
Chick

Well, that was last week. this week I had a lot of mini binges and gained 1.4# and am the highest weight I have been in years.I am not happy about this, but continue todo the best Ican. We will be back in our house on Monday and the work will continue for a couple to a few weeks. Things are looking up. Since Iam not cooking thanksgiving dinner for the first time in about 45 years,I won'thave leftovers and that will be a good thing.

Wishing the American viewers Happy Thanksgiving and the Canadian friends, your holiday was last week, right?
A good time of year for holidays and good cheer.
This week I will lose weight.
All the best tothe Turtles!
Judy
Old 11-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #64  

Hi turtles

Judy - belated Happy Thanksgiving to you! We have ours in October.

I was down .2# this week, but will take it. Have been getting in my walks most days & today it was so cold -16C my face was frozen by the time I got home

I find some days, eating on track is a real struggle - start out with good intentions & actually bring my breakfast/lunch/snacks to work, but now the goodies are starting to make their way into the office & it is very hard to keep walking by, some days I do fine, other times I give in. So that is my challenge for next week, so be extra picky what I will indulge in (if at all)

All - lets get in some exercise and drink our water.

Gail
Old 12-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #65  
Chick

GAil,
I am so sorry I haven't been here in quite a bit. What with the house fire, getting back into the house and construction, spackling and painting happening in our house it has been hectic. You sound good and I'm thinking strong thoughts for you to stay away from the office goodies that end up feeling like baddies. LOL. Good luck. You've been so successful. Keep doing what you know how to do.

I for one need to step up my exercise. I am sure that would help.

I am sending you and the Turtles : and : as we go thru December with the extra festivities .

I am holding my own. However, I am on the wrong side of 200# by a fraction, and need to knock that off right away. I have managed to keep 36# off, but gosh, I 've been saying this for too long now. Sending cheer and good thoughts out there.

Judy
Old 12-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #66  

Good morning, turtles

Weather has been great for us up here, so hoping roads will continue to be good for getting around until Christmas. It snowed Sat evening so it looks nice, but roads are clear

Tis the Season for luncheons, potlucks & dinners. Oh my, it does not stop. So lots of challenges for sure.

Yesterday was brunch with Santa with my grandchildren, today office potluck, Tues Tops potluck, Friday is office dinner and Saturday is Chinese buffet with my ladies group.

Judy - glad you are chiming in when you can. I made your veggie pie last week & it was delicious as usual. That is a great recipe!

All - enjoy the season

Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 12-10-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #67  
Chick

Thanks for the reminder about the veggie pie. It is a good one and I'll pick up some Bisquick to make one soon.

I am sorry I have been MIA, but it has been crazy here. Because of smoke damage, I had to throw out all opened foods and then because we lost electricity for awhlle, we lost all food in freezer and fridge. Now we are closer to normal. I got back all our curtains and clothing that had to be special dry cleaned because of the smoke damage, etc. and it was quite a task to get it all back . Now I want to slowly transfer the wire hangers back onto plastic hangers and a million other silly things to do. I want to hang our drapes tomorrow. Endless tasks, but so grateful the damage was as contained as it was and that no one was home when this happened.

The good part is I have stopped eating so much. I finally broke 200# again having lost 3# over the last two weeks. I feel hopeful and of course we are coming into the most eating time of the year. I have to figure out how to get thru these times. To make matters more complicated, my family can't all make it here on one day, so we'll start with family on Christmas Eve and go right thru the following Sunday with children and grandchildren and lots of food. I can do this, right????

Gail, you have real challenges since you are still working. I can remember going into our break room during this time of year and every day there would be more and more treats just waiting for us...……so do your best. You have done this before.

Turtles, take it easy, enjoy the holidays, and for heaven's sake keep on keepin' on!
Judy ………...
Old 12-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #68  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Okay, I almost hate to say this, but I am doing okay. I had a WI today and was down 3#. : I was hungry often this week, but it was worth it. So, in the last 3 weeks I lost a total of 6# and am grateful. I need to knock off 16# to start feeling okay and then start to "lose weight" for real. These setbacks where I gain 20# are so discouraging, but I do think for some of us they are part of the "journey."

Anyway, enough about me. Wishing all the Turtles a Merry Christmas and a good New Year. It will be good to "see a little less of you" in 2019.
Judy
Old 12-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #69  
Chick

Dear Turtles,
We have run long here. See you over at #304 Bale of Turtles Triumphant in the New Year.
All the best!
Judy