Old 12-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile 297: Bale of Turtles Feeling Great1

We are the Turtle group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join
us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. we believe in giving each other support. Good luck.

Itryharder
judy
(for Lin and Lauren)

Last edited by Itryharder; 12-31-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #2  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I finally got to the new thread, the name is so different that the search engine didn't get to it.... Maybe tweak the name in the future thread, a comment I read here months ago said it sounds negative to our purposes. Not sure if she meant Bale or Turtles

Judy, I was so envious of your 70° winter days. We had 60's & 50's temps those weeks & our normal winter is back now
We made it through the storm okay Sunday night. I gained weight over the Christmas holiday
I'm thinking about joining WW to try their new plan, they have a special offer right now.

I hope everyone is doing well. Dee

Who is Lin & Lauren mentioned?

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-30-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: question
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I don't have to change the title of the thread. I can just change the number if you'd like. Offer suggestions.
Lin started this group ages ago.............before 2000 when I joined. Lauren kept it going once Lin moved on to do writing of her sci-fi novels. I name them both to honor them and also I know they'd be pleased to see their names here if they stopped by.

I also gained weight over Christmas. The new WW program is very health conscious. I think WW's moved in a smart direction. Before it was too easy to eat sweets, etc and really not lose much weight. this way, when people stick with it, the weight losses should be very good.

Wishing all of you a healthy and happy 2016.
judy
Itryharder
234.6/ugh/170 and thinner
By the way, "Bale" just means group and the turtle comparison is for members who stick with a program and keep on losing weight. I can't imagine what would be considered negative about that. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy New Year & Happy Monday to all my turtle friends.

I have no problem finding our thread, I click on ww groups & it is the first thing I see & I feel our name is appropriate for our members.

All - hope you all enjoyed your holidays with family & friends & here's to a brand new year.
New Year, new beginning, new recipes etc.

So anyone up for making some new goals?

For myself - Losing at least 16# this year, walking at least 3 times/week,
staying within my points, being more selective about my social get togethers & trying to being more active when socializing (promoting walks etc instead of just eating)

All - here's to a great new year for all of us.

Take care & stay warm. Today is the coldest day so far for us this winter but won't last.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #5  
Sandee

Happy New Year everyone

Bandit, I never thought to look for the new thread in the WW section, that's why I had trouble locating it. Thanks for your tip

Next week I'm going to a WW meeting because the winter months are difficult for me to stay actively burning up the extra carbs I eat during winter. It's too expensive for me to weigh in until summer, so I'll probably attend meetings thru March.

Today is meatless Monday, soup & fresh buttermilk biscuits for supper tonight

ps: I ordered on Qvc Marie Osmond's BodyGym & yesterday on Hsn Joy Manjano's newest, pretty Miracle Mop. My new toys to get my new year on a fresh new start
Old 01-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #6  
Chick

Thanks for the good ideas, Bandit. You're doing great. You can absolutely reach your goal this year.
My goal is to undo my Christmas/New Years/anniversary overeating. Once I've done that I aim to lose five pounds per month which is doable as long as I am vigilant. My goal weight is 135# and I hope WW's lets me choose a higher weight for their goal.
Dee, good idea to tweak your exercise now that winter is here. I'll be on my treadmill for forty minutes about five times a week. That should work.

Had a scare with dh and the hospital and resulting tests, but all is well and we continue on. Honestly that's why I gained so much weight this past week. Now it's time to put it behind me and move on.
Happy 2016 to all. healthy, happy, and prosperous..............that's my wish to all who chime in.
Judy
goal/170 and thinner for now
Old 01-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/270/131

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

New here. Just joined WW last night. I have over 100 pounds to lose!

Elaine
erowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #8  
Chick

to Elaine. Always nice to have a new member join us. I am excited about the new Weight Watchers program since I think it makes the most sense of all their recent programs. Elaine, by the time I'm done I will have lost over 100# too. Congrats to you for joining WW's and I'm so glad you joined our Turtle group. Chime in and let us know something about you.

Hi Turtles, Today has been a great day. My dh is a new man now that the worry about being ill has been lifted. We are both going the healthy route. Both ate well, ran errands, and got on the

Wishing you all good starts on your weight goals. We can do this! We are strong and determined.

Judy
Itryharder
?/170/thinner
Old 01-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

Hi, I've been posting here (in the WW forum) for about 5 years or so and I recall this thread being here when I got here. I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm now moderating in the WW forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a WW lifetime member since about 1991. I regained and eventually went back and got back to goal this last summer. I'm still working on losing a few more pounds.

I joined back in the exchange days and did many of the programs since then. I am really liking SmartPoints a lot.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Koshka,
Yes, we've been around for a long while. I'll check over at the WW forum and see what's it's all about. Thanks for your intro. Congrats on retrieving your goal weight. Weigh to go!
Itryharder
Judy
?/170/thinner
Old 01-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #11  
Less of a Better Me

Great! Actually this section is a part of the WW forum. The general part of the forum is mostly discussions about the program although there is a monthly chat there as well. Yes, it took me forever to get back to goal but was a great feeling.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #12  
Chick

Koshka, weigh to go! I've been a member since 2000 and this year I am determined to finally reach goal. Maybe Oprah and I can do it together. Lol.
Itryharder
Judy
?/170/and thinner
Old 01-11-2016, 05:58 AM   #13  
Sandee

Hello everyone,

We had a blizzard over the weekend. Half of Michigan doesn't have school today from the roads snow drifts, although the snow was only 3-6". But it's just our 2nd time it's snowed this winter that's lasted over 2 days. This is the driest winter we've had in many years, really nice driving until now & not having to shovel snow or scrape ice off the windshield

Drive safely everybody
Old 01-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #14  

Can anyone tell me? Can you join and pay cash weekly like you used to?. I do not want any monthly pass or my personal banking info on the internet. I can not find the answer anywhere. Thank you.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #15  
Less of a Better Me

Yes, you can. You do that at the meeting.