Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #16  
Cockeyed Optimist

Wow! You guys have been lively today.

Hi Daphne & Lynnie.

Kierie - I have to spend my evening cleaning too. Good luck with the house.

KT - I agree. The 2 most important things to succeeding at weightloss are enough sleep and time to plan/cook. I never seem to have enough of either......

Becky & Kim - CB is just like your husbands when I complain about work or something. It's gotten to the point where I tell him in advance that all I want is sympathy and that he lowers himself on the good boyfriend scale if he is reasonable when I'm emotional.

Hey Belle & Jess. I'm glad to "see" both of you.

Lexxy - you are really going to hate me. I built 1036 sq ft house plus 200 sq ft attached garage on approx. 1/4 acre for roughly $98,000USD. Come to the midwest my darling.....

Spulrge: I bought a set of dishes a couple weeks ago. I haven't used them yet - they are in a corner of my bedroom as I haven't got cabinet space to store them in the kitchen.

I rejoined WW last night. New program doesn't roll out here until next week but I was afraid if I waited that I'd talk myself out of it. I even prepaid for 13 weeks because I was afraid I'd quit going if I paid on a weekly basis. I'll laugh if the program operates like Lexxy discribed because I used to do that on my own.

Hope all is well with each of you.

Laura
Old 08-21-2003, 03:42 PM   #17  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

The new plan is this:
You now get 2 points above what your minimum is. For me at 227 pounds I am now on 26-31 points. I will now have 28 points a day to use. I also have the option of using the 35 flex points any way that I want to. I can save them for one hugh meal or use 5 extra a day. Using the 5 extra points a day would give me a total of 33 points a day. It boils down to you can basically have 2 more points a day over your max. points right now. The 35 can be used when and how you want. If we follow WW rules we will no longer be at the bottom of the old points range which is 26 for me I will have to have the other 2 points. 1 point is around 50 calories so we will be eating at least 100 calories a day over what we had as minimum.
They are also going to push more whole grains and stuff like that. They will be dealing with more health related areas also. Gee if they are going to worry about the whole grains and less refined sugars and stuff like that what will happen to their Frozen Foods? That stuff although handy is loaded with carbs and stuff!
Does that help any?
Daphne
Old 08-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #18  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Hi!

Remember me?! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Between school, work and my social life I just don't have much free time. I tend to lurk occassionally to try to keep up with everyone's lives, but it is hard sometimes. There are so many times I want to chime in with my opinion and then something happens at work and I forget to come back.

To try to address everyone individually would be difficult so I'll just say congrats to the new mommies, pregnant girls, engaged girls, co-habitating girls etc. Cheer up to all of you crabbies! Hi and welcome to all of you that I haven't met.

Thnigs are great with me. I am about to start my second year of law school and finished my first year in the top 8% of my class, so I am doing well. I just bought a condo that is within walking distance of my office and I love it!

Lexxy - I feel your pain. I live in Chicago and one bedrooms run well over $200k. But if you like city living, it is worth the price - at least to me. Hang in there - your financial siuation will improve.

Oh, and I am running a half marathon in 2 weeks! I have been training all summer and can't wait.

Hi to all! I'll try to come around more often.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Wow, I was hit hard at work with stuff to do and never got here to post. I am so tired now.

Splurges... well mine was a cheap one. I had to run out at get some more undies for Emma (potty training...) and they had everything on clearance. I bought a pair of casual jean capris for 5.99... a pair of khaki short for 9.99 and a pair of workout shorts for 6.49. Hubby also got 2 pairs of shorts for under 10.00. I LOVE doing that.

Other than that, I am exhausted and can't wait to go home in 45 minutes.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 PM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

WB JenK
I've been a nervous wreck alll day UGH!
BTW I'm sorry if I have been self centered this week UGH!
WB JenK we missed you
now wheres Stacy Kirsty and Lolly?
Sorry about the craptastic day Ladies But Just think Tommorrow is Friday
Laura I like your method of telling CB when you need understanding
daph. . .So the new plan starts next week? hmm hope theres a deal on I want to go to WW
OH! before I forget Slimfast with soy tastes good and is satiating no icky chem taste like the regular
Can I grump for 1 second about france? nothing overly political I swear
I'm reading this article about how 10 thousand ppl died due to extreme heat and Chirac says that seniors and the handicapped should feel solidarity with the french nation pffffft
Last summer when mom and sis and I wanted to go to paris it is the most inaccessible city 2 accessible metro stations (that don't connect to eachother let alone anything else and no accessible public trans. so we couldnt go b/c of my wheelchair or rather France's Arse backwardness I hate when governmental bodies only look to make change if something traumatic happens.
ok off my soap box thanks for the vent
bbl
Old 08-21-2003, 05:15 PM   #21  
Cockeyed Optimist

JenK - I was just thinking about you earlier! Glad you love the condo. Good luck in the 1/2 marathon. Good luck with year #2 of law school!

JenL - Isn't it the best when you buy 10 million things for the price you usually spend on one or two?

Kierie - Any word on the house yet?
Old 08-21-2003, 06:07 PM   #22  
Eve's Mom

Daphne - wow, that is quite a shift. So do you HAVE to use all 35 or can you do without them?

I wonder why we are late getting it rolled out here?

Hi Jen2 - I was wondering what happened to you - the Jens are back!!

Kier - is it 10000 now? I had heard 5000...yikes, that is incredible!

Well, I must go get a few last minute things done before I get to leave work...

Ciao ladies!
Old 08-21-2003, 06:09 PM   #23  
A Yankee in Virginia

Welcome back JenK! I'm so happy everyone's coming back. Kirsty pops in every now and then, but Lollie hasn't been here in a long time. Kirsty, if you're lurking, how's Lollie??

Re: The new WW plan. I'm worried. On my bad weeks, I probably eat about 5 points over my max (27). And on those weeks, I don't lose. But they want me to eat that much?
Old 08-21-2003, 07:01 PM   #24  
Eve's Mom

Hey - Kim, I totally know what you mean. I find I eat about 35pts/dayon my "naughty" days. THat is about 5 more. ANd on those kind of weeks, I don't lose. So, I dont' know how that'll work for me either. Although, I don't mind upping my minimum, as I rarely eat the min - I am about 26-27 on "good" days.

And no activity points, eh? People were probably over-estimating on teh activity adn they figured theyd give us a big lot to spend that would keep us more in check.

Well, I must go get b/f....ready for home now!
Old 08-21-2003, 07:02 PM   #25  
Eve's Mom

Kim - I asked Kirsty about Lolly awhile back. Seems like she got married and then dropped off the planet!!??

Also, Stacey is gone...and Lisa too. And where's Tonya been?

Oh well...off I go. for real this time.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #26  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

You still get activity points but u have to use them that day. Take your daily minimum points and add 2 to that. That is your base plan. You will then have the OPTION of using the 35 flex points a week.
Better now?
Daphne
Old 08-21-2003, 11:56 PM   #27  

Default Hi all!

Welcome back jen K and Jen L...Jen K WTG on the half marathon-I would love to do that-the Y here has a training group but they run at 6am! plus, no running for me right now-still recovering from stitches in a place where no woman should ever have them!!! Also, with breastfeeding, the boobs are out of control heavy-I'd need like 3 or 4 bras to have enough support to go running LOL!!!

jen L-I missed the pictures! post them again, please. Regarding finances, I would keep things separate with maybe a joint account for the joint things. DH and I essentially do that-we each have our own checking, but all of the accounts are linked so we can transfer money in and out of each others' accounts. That way I have a little bit of psuedo privacy-he doesn't know what i spend to get my hair done, for example!!! he could if he took the time to look at the individual withdrawls from my account, but he doesn't!

As for a splurge, I have to say recently it was the prenatal massages I was getting. For future splurges, some new clothes before I go back to work this fall, and laser hair removal for hair on my chin. i had started with treatments and then I got pregnant....

So there is a new WW program??? I guess I'll find out all about it when i rejoin in a few weeks....
BBL
Lori
Closed Thread