Old 04-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Judy - hope you had a good time on your vacation & here's to you getting back on track.

I was down another 1# last Thurs so was happy with that. One of the girls set up a challenge for us on fitbit & I won (most steps over 2 day weekend) so that was good.

Made eggplant lasagna for 1st time & it turned out really well. So nice to have on hand this week as yummy side dish. Trying to keep my carbs lower & things like this definitely help.
Put whole chicken in oven this a.m. & my dd will take out when done - so dinner & lunch tomorrow preplanned. I find preplanning/shopping really helps.
When I don't have things done I opened the fridge/cupboards and just starting eating whatever I find - usually high carb/convenience things. But lately I have been good & make sure I have plan friendly food/snacks on hand.

All - any tips/new recipes are always appreciated.

Good luck this week!

Last edited by bandit2; 04-11-2016 at 10:32 AM.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Gail, you're doing great! and : so happy for you. Doesn't it feel great being back on track?
Cooking ahead is definitely the weigh to go.

I have been making a very easy dinner for myself. I take 2 chicken thighs without the skin. I put them in a pan with a short spray of Pam. After a couple of minutes, I turn them over, sprinkle with pepper, add green beans, onions sliced, and sometimes red or green pepper. Then I cover that mix with crushed tomatoes from a can and put a lid on the pan. When it has cooked thru, I eat the whole thing. Sometimes I add carrots or mushrooms...................pretty much anything. I find it quick...............around 20 minutes. Some times I double it up to have the next day also. I've made chicken thighs in the crockpot with the same ingredients, but I make it more Moroccan by adding curry and/or turmeric or garam masala.

Here's another easy recipe for a nice change of pace:
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

1# boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 10oz. package frozen broccoli spears (I used chopped)
1 can lower sodium cream of mushroom soup
3 T. ff mayo
1 cup ff shredded cheddar cheese (or reduced-fat)

Boil the chicken breast until done and drain.
When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces
In a square or round 2 qt. casserole dish, mix mayo and soup
Add broccoli and chicken and mix well.
Sprinkle with cheese
Bake at 350 for 20 min. or until cheese is melted.
Serves 4 this points out nicely for WW, but I don't remember exactly the points.

I like this dish. It's just my husband and me now and I cook differently for him since he has so many foods that he doesn't like. However, this is good as a left over.

Gail, I am thrilled you are still chiming in here and that you are doing so well. I had a good mini trip with my sisters. Although I gained weight then, I have it off now and now I have to tackle the weight I had gained before the trip. I'm up almost 10# so of course I'm not happy with that, but I did well last year and I have kept off about 20# and I will get to goal this year! I am promising myself.

Glad to see you've gotten rid of 11#. That is such good news!!!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/184/170 and thinner Looking forward to my WI tomorrow where I should lose about 2# I'll let you know.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #48  

Hi Judy - nice to hear you are back on track & I know you can make it to goal. Your receipes really sound good & definitely something I will make soon, thanks.

Yes it does feel good to be on track & as we all know it is more difficult to get back on track than it is to stay on track. If I have an "off plan" meal I get right back on track the next meal, whereas before it seemed I would stay off track until Monday a.m. and did so much damage in between & then it was really hard to keep starting again. So this plan of action is working better.

I was pleased with my eggplant lasagna & will make that again. Today I made devilled eggs & have chicken breast to go with that for my lunch.

All - chime in when you can & lets all drink some extra water today.

Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 04-13-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #49  
Chick

I had a successful WI yesterday. I was down 2.8#. That is partly because my last WI was right after eating out the night before and that salt is crazy with me and the scale. In any case, ILL' take it! :
gail, glad your eggplant tuned out well. We have both made good changes over the years and I feel we will reach goal this year. We are doing it1
Judy
234.6/181.6/170 and thinner
Old 04-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #50  

Happy Monday a.m. everyone

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, that is really good! Weather was great over weekend and sunny days in forecast for this week, so no excuse to get in some outside walks.

Weekend was good - a few food challenges but is OK. Overindulged Sat evening but back on track yesterday & we had bbq for dinner which was nice.

My friend posted a new recipe which I am trying tonight. Very basic - red peso sauce on grilled pork chops, so will let you know how they turn out.

All - lets have a good week.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #51  
Chick

BANDit, glad you got right back on track. Today was a good day for me, too. I think my good attitude is back. Sending : for a :
Turtles, chime in when you get a chance.
JUDy
Itryharder
Old 05-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #52  

Hi turtles - I was down 1# last Thurs at my Tops meeting. Also had a "weenend walking challenge" with my fitbit pals and I won, so was happy with that.

Judy - hope you are doing well and have a good week.

All - drink you water & chime in when you can.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #53  
Chick

Gail, you are on a roll! It looks like your fitbit is a bit help. Keep going. and you'll be at goal this year. Yay. : Weigh to go! You are doing this.

For my challenge this week in an effort to get back on track, I decided to drink more water. That worked out well. Tonight I'm having a chicken recipe with potato, onion, zucchini, lemon slices topped with a little feta. It smells good. It's not even five o'clock, so I am making myself wait.........................but I am really hungry. Maybe that's because I ate very well today. Got my fingers crossed.

Turtles, chime in when you can. Gail and I are working hard at eating healthy. This week I'm adding exercise back to my day.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner
Old 05-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi guys, wondering if I can join in? I started WW online a few days ago and would love the motivation that comes with this group!

My first weigh in is tomorrow so let's see.
TeagsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #55  
Chick

to TeagsC. Of course we'd love to have you in the Turtles Group. We love it when people chime in as we go along this weight loss journey.

I lost 30# between last July and mid-December, then had a series of setbacks, but for the last 4 days I have been doing well. That means the world to me because I have been struggling for a very long time. My WW leader suggested I do just one thing to help myself each day. For me it was increasing my water. That silly thing made me feel like I was OP and I have been doing better. We have a saying here of Keep on keepin' on. It's true . Each day you do a really good thing for yourself. I hope we all hit our goals this year. It would be so rewarding. We can do this!

Gail, how are you doing?
I think of all the Turtles from over the years and wish them all well.

TeagsC I'm sending : to you for a lovely : Thanks for joining here. Let us know a bit about yourself and we'll do the same.

Itryharder
Judy
Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #56  

Hi turtles - A big welcome to TeagsC, hope you chime in regularly and share your progress with us.

All - had a lovely Mothers Day & I cooked a nice turkey dinner for everyone which was nice. My dd is a mom of a 2 year old & a 4 month old and we live together,
so thought I would try and make her day a bit easier. Turned out nice & have leftovers for tonight so no cooking again for both of us.

Getting in lots of walks with my fitbit which is good. Also a few of my tops friends added us as a group on there so very motivating to see how everyone is doing when we set up a challenge.
I came 2nd last week in our "workweek hustle" which is from Mon to Fri - so I was pleased with that.
We just started a new one for this week today so hoping that goes well.

All- have a great week & let us know how you are doing.

Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 05-09-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #57  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Had a lovely mothers' day here. Family came to our house. Dh BBQ'ed and I made a WW friendly potato salad, plus had raw veggies and some good food choices.
HOpe to be down this week at my WI.
gail, it sounds like your tOPS group is very active now. That's a big help. Our WW group has a Facebook group that shares good recipes and offers encouragement. helpful.

Okay, and : to all.
judy
Itryharder
Old 05-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #58  

Hi turtles - hope you are all doing well. We have a long weekend coming up & I will be opening my trailer. I may sell it this year since we haven't been going up much the last couple
of years and the site fees are expensive if it doesn't get used. This weekend the kids are off to the cottage, so I am going to trailer with a couple of girlfriends. Will be fun times anyway
and abit of a break for all.

Weather is suppose to be nice and warm so looking forward to that since lately it has been on the chilly side.

Hope everyone is staying on track.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #59  

Hi turtles - I just lost my post so will try again.

Hope you are all doing well and staying on track.

Looking forward to extra long weekend and opening my trailer this weekend. Kids are going to cottage so I will be at trailer with some girlfriends but will still be fun and a nice little
break for us all.

Hope everyone is losing weight & feeling great.

Gail
Old 05-18-2016, 10:44 AM   #60  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
For the first time in about 5 months I was able to stay OP. i lost 3# on my WI this morning. Feeling really good about that. It is interesting how when I eat OP my whole attitude and level of optimism returns. When I slip and gain weight, I feel terrible. I wish it wered ifferent but it's not. Staying on track can get me to goal.

Gail, have a great time with your girlfriends this weekend. Enjoy the lake and trailer. I'm glad you are losing weight. Weigh to go.

Judy
Itryharder
234.6/183.6/170 and thinner
In these 5 months past I regained 13 of the 30-#I lost last year. It is discouraging, but at least I've learned what works. Keep on keepin' on. For some of us, it takes a while. :