Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 09:00 PM   #16  
Super Surfer

Default What a lovely day, spring is almost here.

... Hi guys.
My latest PC problem.... I get this lovely e-mail all ready, nice stationary, special script, animated icons, well thought out, funny commentaries on my life, full of riviting information ... I go to hit SEND and the PC FREEZES. Now e-mail is very important..right Slavika? Last week my server was having problems with it, now I am. GOOD GRIEF
Slavika Did you get the house all cleaned up..? That's a funny quote..back in 1943 they didn't have a clue that there would be little silver haired ladies, wearing tights an sneakers madly hunched over PC's...
Lily The Mexican is the latest movie with Julie Roberts and Brad Pitt. If I could get DH into cooking school and get a maid to do the housework, I would be soooo happy We gotta work on that.
Peggy I can't believe they had to call the police because of a fight in a store. How can people get so worked up over "things"?? Good luck to your DIL and son...
Margot You have to do more than post a "test", we would all like to hear from you.

It was such a beautiful day, I saw school kids wearing shorts, people in light spring jackets... lots of sunglasses. It went up to 2C today.. I think that would be about 35F ???? Life is good!

Good night everyone....
Old 03-17-2001, 12:14 AM   #17  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Trudy I have to say your post is truly a work of art....it looks so good.
Peggy can you believe those two women fighting over something in a store....
Lily I guess you will be happily playing with your new "toy" all week-end.

We didn't have any exciting plans for this evening so I settled down with the Dean Koontz book I have been reading, "From The Corner Of His Eye" and finished it. I have to say I really loved it. I love his characters. The good people are really really good and the bad ones, well trust me there is no mistaking the bad ones. For any of you gals who enjoy Dean Koontz, you have a treat waiting for you.
After one of you reminded me about what "Intensity" was about, yes I did read it and enjoyed it very much. I wanted to tell Trudy to read the book about the "smart dog" but from looking at at the list of books he has written I don't remember which one it is ...surprise surprise. Can anyone remember which book it is?
Well DH has already gone to bed and I am tired too, so good night all.
Old 03-17-2001, 02:26 AM   #18  
Senior Chick

I'm trying to post but anything more than one sentence just stalls!

So I hope this works!

Glenda: hang in there. I've been doing the tiny loss dance too. I am hoping that tomorrow's WI will be a nice loss but I am philosophical about it. Just keep OP and plugging along and it will come off.

Ok Let's see if this works.

Margot
Old 03-17-2001, 01:10 PM   #19  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Liked your mouse! Yep I could use 5 Puters sitting on my desk right right now! Well Maybe 2 would do! But then I dont have room on my desk for 2 either. Hum need to ask DH for a bigger house!

Trudy: So true About the silverhaired lady's hunched over puters! To funny! Oh I didnt know those two were in the Mexican. Sorry its a bad movie as I like both them as actors. Oh well.
Its beautiful here today. I have my shorts on!

Margot: Did Suzanne ever get back to you with the problem you are having? Good luck at your WI! Im sure you will do good!

I lost another pound. Maybe when Im 90 I will make goal! Not really I have 8 more to go! for WW then 5 more after that. Slow but sure!
Old 03-18-2001, 02:48 PM   #20  
Senior Chick

Hello again

Lilgy: I haven't heard from Suzanne yet. So I'm still playing around and trying different things.

My weigh in went well. Down 1.9 (I notice that when you change your signature it changes all your past posts on the thread) So I keep plugging away - you to Lily for your loss.

Margot
Old 03-18-2001, 05:25 PM   #21  
Justa Wannabe

Slavika You got me! Gonna start that Kootz novel today.

Well, hubby is off buying me a scale that ISN'T digital so I can turn the dial back and weigh myself for once....hahaha now I won't be able to get away with no knowing if I'm losing or gaining
Old 03-18-2001, 06:17 PM   #22  

G'day all,

Firstly Margot, great loss, I wish I could report the same
We had a great weekend did some 4x4 wheel driving and saw some spectacular views. The eastern side of Australia gets so much more rain, it is very pretty and green compared to where my home is. On the way to this area we passed through a small country town where they had a computer fair and I bought myself one of those webcam 'thingos'. I will have a go at installing it today on my laptop.
We stopped the night at a 'B&B' which was very peaceful, no tv, no phone. That is ok for one or two nights but not as a permanent thing.
The east side of australia was established by convict labour, lots of history. Sad to see the cemeteries where such young children were buried so many years ago.
DH has gone for business trip to Melbourne so I am here by myself Thank goodness for the internet
I have decided to just eat melon today, despite every effort, country cooks do not seem to understand that when you request something grilled that means no butter or fat!!!!!! I am maintaining my weight which I guess is something but I need to loose it.
Son and partner have booked to come and visit us over the Easter break. Then only a couple of months and we will be heading home again.
I just love everyone's avators, it is good fun.
Wish me luck with the setting up of my webcam! I will have to have a haircut and a bit of a colour tomorrow so I will look the part on my new 'toy'
Any of you had any experience with one of these???
Have a great day all
Cheers
MAria
Old 03-18-2001, 08:01 PM   #23  

Hi all, Happy Sunday, We just got back from a birthday party in Indianapolis. I know I ate toooo much. Tomorrow is another day. Maria I just got an e-mail from my new ISP and they are sending me a web cam. I probably won't be able to figure it out and of course the hair and makeup have to look good. Lily I am jealous of shorts weather. How is the new 'puter? Margot - good weight loss. Keep it up - pretty soon you will be skinny. Slavika I never remember what books I've read until I start to reread them. Trudy my computer freezes up a lot. I think it is allergic to me. It is going on a hospital visit tomorrow to my friend's office. I am tired and I am into the 4th book of the Left Behind series. Talk tomorrow. Peggy
Old 03-18-2001, 08:41 PM   #24  

Hello all,

I have been on this computer for several hours trying to check on 3FC and Dottis site. My new ISP and my cp don't get along. Ever since my DH (God bless him) put us on this free program I have had trouble. He keeps saying that it is our cp, not the provider. It keeps giving me fatal error messages and worse. It disconnects me without a warning. It doesn't cost anything, but it doesn't work either. Ever since we left flashnet a couple of months ago it has been nothing but trouble. First he went to ATT (for 4.95/mo) and then to the freebie netzero. Neither service has been satisfactory. There is much truth in "you get what you pay for", and when you pay nothing---that is what you get. He is going to be real pi.... when I come home one day with a brand new cp, a technician to hook it up, and a 10 year subscription to aol. Enough about my cp woes. I really have been trying to post---it just isn't working. Hope this goes through.

I have decided to change my 30# challenge weigh in to Tuesday mornings so it will match my First Place weigh in day. I had been weighing in the morning in a smile for the challenge and at night (with clothes and shoes) for FP. I decided that one day a week on the scales was all my nervous system can stand. With 2 separate days the stats are not the same and 1 of the numbers is always a disappointment. So weighing on the same day will bring some consistency. It will also keep me from being disappointed so much. I have been weighing in and posting on Sunday morning for the challenge.

First Place is going great guns. There is so much support there that it is unbelievable. We have lost 56.5 # already. I will let you know our grand total at the end.

I read all the posts (mostly at the gym---but cannot post there), but because of all my cp problems haven't been able to post much. When you don't post, nobody talks to you. Please know I am here. Till we get these cp and ISP problems straight I am not able to post much. I am reading very regularly. Hopefully, I will be able to post again soon.

Maria, please post the actual time you are posting on your next post. Post the day too (am or pm) too. I am trying to figure out where you are in relation to me. I am behind GMT by 6 hours. If you will post your actual time, I will be able to figure out where you are to us. What time zone are you in? I am in central.

Hopefully will be able to post my results for the week Tuesday.

Everyone have a great week. Kara has 3 eye teeth now. Will sure be glad when that last one erupts. My sweet baby has not been a happy camper for about 5 or 6 weeks. These teeth have not been easy for her. Other than that she is great.

Last edited by Geri; 03-18-2001 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2001, 09:41 PM   #25  

Gerri I always get confused with this time difference thing, I thought I was the only one with a 'permanent senior moment' regarding the time.
I am happy to let you know, it is now in Sydney Australia
1.34 on Monday afternoon.
So far I feel soooo much better just eating melon today. I know it is not the WW way to go but it feels good eating so lightly just one day.
I tried to install my webcam but alas I need the Windows 98 CD which is in my hometown of course.
Maybe dh will know someone in Sydney from who I can borrow the CD.
I am just visualising all of us with a webcam!!!! I am not a good sight at this very moment getting my hair cut and coloured tomorrow
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-18-2001, 11:58 PM   #26  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Margot WTG on the weight loss. I lost a lb last week but it sure doesn't look like I am doing much this week.
Greeneyez I know you will like this new book of Dean Koontz. I am reading an older one of his that I hadn't read before called "Seize The Night". The main character is Chris Snow....he was the character he first introduced in "Fear Nothing", who has that genetic disorder called xeroderma pigmentosum, where he can't be in the light or sunshine.
Maria a year ago my Son bought two webcams. One for his family and one for his wife's brother for Christmas so they could "see" each other and see the children. Before he sent it to them he hooked up one to my computer and one to his so I could see what it was like and also he wanted to make sure it was working. I was impressed.
Peggy what is this "Left Behind" series you are talking about? I don't think I heard anything about it before.
Geri Hi, I pay around $50.00/mo to have a cable server for my computer and as a rule it works well and it is (generally) very fast. A friend of mine was hooked up to a free server but it was sooo slow. What is the average cost of hooking up to a server in the US?
Well gang, not much else happening around here. We spent time with the family over the weekend and I will have my little "Princess" here again tomorrow.
Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 03-19-2001 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:14 AM   #27  

Good Morning, How is everyone today? Geri it is good to hear from you. Net Zero is not good. I had free Juno and it was faster than what I am paying for now. They discontinued the free. My friend has an American Express card and they offer free. Little tiny banner . He likes it. Glad your group is doing so well. Keep up the good work. Slavika the Left Behind series is a Christian series about the end of the world and the antichrist. People just disappeared off the earth one day. It is really sort of scary. Dh is reading them and he is one ahead of me. Can't put them down. There are 8 I think. Either Geri or Glenda has read all of them. Have a fun day with the Princess. Greeneyez how are you doing? Will check out your site today for sure. Have a nice day all, Peggy
Old 03-19-2001, 09:11 AM   #28  
Justa Wannabe

Hi all...I wasn't aware some of you were from Australia. Coool. Years ago, when I was about 19 - 20, I wanted to go to Australia when they were offering free land... if you could get there...Trouble was I couldn't hahaha

If any of you have AOL there is a trading group called Diet Babies which offer great support amongst each other, trading recipes, whining n' confessions, goals, accomplishments...etc.

Painter I'm anxious to know what you think of the website. Is that vanity? hahaha I hope not.

Slavika I haven't read that one by Koontz I don't think. I'm horrible on remembering the names of books. Once I start reading it, THEN I remember if I've read it or not....I believe the first book I ever read of his was "Strangers" ...It's the one I hooked my son onto Kootz with
Old 03-19-2001, 12:55 PM   #29  
Fun Blonde

Wow, have I had trouble getting here. The computer is doing its thing--doesns't show the whole thread so I just reload and reload and reload. Just wanted to tell all the good news. Last Thursday night at WI I had lost 2.2 pounds. So that makes 2.8 pounds gone. But still 12.6 to go. Wow, but do I feel better! We ate out for our anniversary and I did pretty good--had peel 'n eat shrimp and no dessert. But the weekend we went to OKC to our kids'. Actually, I made good choices--ate hamburger and hot dogs but no roll and stopped before I was sick. Then we ate out on Sunday at noon and that was all I ate all day. I think in these 3 days I am up about 11 points. Ah, well, 38th anniversaries don't happen that often. When we came home Friday night, my DH had put in a projector that displays on the garage door a big sign that said, "Happy Anniversary." He is a good guy.

Slavika - The smart dog book is, I think "The Watchers." This is the one that got me hooked. I loved that dog. I can never remember the names of the books, but I will tell you the one that was mentioned, "Intensity?" was about the scariest book I have read since the 70's "Jaws." I couldn't put it down, but it was so disturbing that I didn't really enjoy it.

I have read all The Left Behind books that are out. I just anxiously await the next one in the series. These books really do make you think about your life. In my family we pass them around like crazy.

So ready for warm temperatures. Trudy, did you say that it was 35 degrees and kids were wearing shorts? You all are very tough. I will wear short and feel springy when it is about 60 degrees. Looking forward to Easter.

Oh, I have to describe my to-be grandson's room. My dil painted a tree on the wall with clouds. Little animals are peeking out of the tree at the baby bed. All the bedding has little animals. She has painted a kitty flying a kite and little kitties peering at the changing table. It is just so adorable--looks like a pro decorated it. And they still have 3 months to go.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:21 PM   #30  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
See you all on Thread No. 103.
Bye now.
Closed Thread